AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 11:34   Link #101
shankss
CP10

Im taking everything back I said asbout Akainu after seeing him in action.Unlike Ace/DonPachino he has the power of both combined and can shape the liquid flame&earth.Not so bad after all, and iceberg scene may count as his flashy entrance.

Moria looks like a psycho yelling "I want his corpse!" I hope he will get Odz Jr's corpse.Its probably younger and stronger than Odz, which will make Moria a force to reckon with once again.

Also this phoenix was the most overpowered and weirdest zoan ever.It recovers like a logia and casts offensive projectiles like a logia/paramecia amd he can fly like a regular bird zoan.Makes me think that its possible to have a dragon/chimera zoan devil fruits out there.
Old 2009-08-20, 12:17   Link #102
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Also this phoenix was the most overpowered and weirdest zoan ever.It recovers like a logia and casts offensive projectiles like a logia/paramecia amd he can fly like a regular bird zoan.
Might be wrong, but Marco hasn't launched projectiles to his opponents yet. Rather, he skyrocket himself, got pierced by the rain of light from Kisaru to later kick him hard onto ground (without apparent consequences). So most of his power seems to be "regeneration" based - at least so far.

Which is interesting because I don't think we ever saw Smoker and Ace physically hit themselves (just using medium distance attacks), so this small confrontation might imply that 2 logia-like bodies automatically become "solid" in direct contact (or one can force the other to materialize), otherwise Kisaru wouldn't had the need to block the kick.

Extra comments:

-Luffy's ship should be close enough already to see the havoc. Wonder how many chapters till he appears.

-Would not be surprised if by the time the SH crew reunite, all of them have already learned about the existence of Haki (even if they can't control it yet).

-With Jozu being strong enough to probably take on a good portion of the giants, Oars III vs the Vice-admirals, Marco drawing -probably- with any of the 3 Admirals by separate, and WB still unharmed, it's time for the Shichibukai to break the stalemate.

-Do Flaming for sure is planning to take control of little Oars III and break some havoc on the pirate's side. Good enough to show his level, without revealing his (surely) hidden cards.

-Still wonder what's going to happen to make WB falls - the combination of the Admirals + external force (another Younko), an elaborated trap involving artifacts from Dr. Vegapunk (yet to occur) or something else.

Because the Shichibukai seems to be a mix of traitors + individuals with their own agenda. And I'm not even counting Blackbeard...

._
Old 2009-08-20, 12:20   Link #103
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Haha wow. Pretty nice chapter. @xPresagio Yeah I highly doubt another Younko is gonna come to help the marines.

No Luffy this chapter. He needs to sneak in and free Ace. :]
Old 2009-08-20, 12:29   Link #104
xPresagio

Yeah, although sooner or later Oda will have to address what happened between Kaidou and Shanks. And perhaps what's the take on the 4th Yonko.

Not sure if someone else have also had the feeling that for the Marines to remain relevant (and sort of "bad guys"), would be for them to take the technological route.

So eventually, we would have one side leaning towards the "old ways" (free will, Haki -natural- powers) vs the more mechanical/Science-applied to subjugation kind of group.

Really, it's kind of difficult to foresee what path Oda is going to take.
But I'm still amazed by the sheer magnitude of this war. Quite few Manga -shonen or not- have even attempted to do so (aside of splitting everything in pairs/trio fights, each with their own lengthy party occurring at same time).
Old 2009-08-20, 12:40   Link #105
marvelB

All right, I'm definitely certain that Onigumo is a spider Zoan now! Look at his back near the end of the chapter.... it's clearly shaped like a spider's abdomen. So I can say once again that Onigumo is living up to his namesake!

And yeah, Akainu is definitely looking badass now that we finally got an up-close shot of his face. His response to Whitebeard's birthday cake taunt was pretty wicked, too. Still can't say that I'm 100% keen on him having magma powers, but I still want to see some more action from him nonetheless......

By the way, I thought that one pirate dude that randomly pulled out a huge hammer from that "pocket" on his chest was pretty awesome (so he has a pocket DF power or something?). I also liked seeing that the marines had all those giants on tow (including that masked VA from last chapter). Speaking of giants, I find it pretty interesting that Oars III's face wasn't fully revealed near at the end of the chapter, despite his silhouette greatly resembling his dear ol' dad's. Heh, I can't wait to see what Moria plans to do with him......

Bit of a shame that the chapter was pretty short, but it's definitely understandable considering all the chaos that ensued throughout the chapter, anyhow. Still, I hope that we at least get a brief shot of Luffy next chapter (even if it's just for one panel)......
Old 2009-08-20, 12:58   Link #106
james0246

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this - Meltran...I mean Female giants have been spotted.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:02   Link #107
marvelB

^I think I pointed out the giant female marine a couple of chapters ago, but yeah, I already knew about her. I can only assume that she's from Amazon Lily, since that's the only location in the series so far that had larger-than-normal women (Aphelandra, Marigold, Sandersonia)......
Old 2009-08-20, 13:06   Link #108
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^LOL, It looks a little like Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix .

Additionally, another pic shows Marco physically attacking/kicking Kizaru (he kicks Kizaru into the marine base, creating a large explosion), but how does Marco actually kick Kizaru?
The awnser for everthing: Haki.

Seriously though. I'm pretty sure Both Jozu and Marco's Haki is sufficiently strong to physically harm a Logia-user. Well not pretty sure: damn sure, since this chapter proves it.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:10   Link #109
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Marco and Jozu already showed they have strong Haki by showing that they were unaffected by Shanks. You can say they are the current equivalent of Rayleigh's prime.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-20, 13:37   Link #110
shankss
CP10

Gentlemen, place your bets...

Old 2009-08-20, 15:23   Link #111
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjpark View Post
How strong does White Beard have to be to be able to command the respect of a guy like Marco T_T If I had that DF, I'd have my own freaking crew.
"That speaks volumes about the captain I suppose" lol
Old 2009-08-20, 16:21   Link #112
SMASHERJACKSON

can someone tell me what the discourse between whitebeard and akainu was exactly? from some pics that r out seems like wb gets addressed by akainu directly.

any1 else gettin the feeling wb wil defeat himself via over stretching himself this arc? finding it difficult to see how any current characters involved in the war would be strong enough to bring him down.
Old 2009-08-20, 16:25   Link #113
'Pryde
I am better than you

I wonder if doflamingo has the balls to even attempt to control the great white beard
Old 2009-08-20, 16:37   Link #114
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Gentlemen, place your bets...

4 pieces of meat on Luffy. This week was surprisingly short with only 15 pages.
This thread needs to be stickied.
Old 2009-08-20, 16:46   Link #115
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I think we should refer to Marco's df as a Zogia.

I think in a few more chapters the marines are gonna start flexing their muscles and release waves of pacifistas to give them a bit of a leverage.
Old 2009-08-20, 17:58   Link #116
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Marco and Jozu already showed they have strong Haki by showing that they were unaffected by Shanks. You can say they are the current equivalent of Rayleigh's prime.
I don't think that says a lot. Luffy showed a very strong Haki, yet not everyone was affected. Also, regarding Shanks case, it may be that the intensity of the Haki leaking from Shanks was not what he can extract at max, so it may be at a lower intensity compared to Luffy's.

But, anyways, considering the different types of Haki people have, being able to defend against a strong Haki does not have to require the person to be able to use it at that level, in a similar manner. I consider Rayleigh's Haki as an offensive type, rather than defensive, especially the one that he used against Kizaru. But, if there is also a defensive type, such as the dormant ones, the ones that have a hard time to get out of the person, then maybe Marco, and etc.'s strength in Haki refers to only that. That doesn't mean he is not capable, he may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I think in a few more chapters the marines are gonna start flexing their muscles and release waves of pacifistas to give them a bit of a leverage.
Maybe Blackbeard will appear and attack Whitebeard in a dirty manner while Luffy and others save Ace, before things get out of complete control. Also, before that, there are still a lot of people on the marine's side who have yet to show their true strength, starting with the top three in my opinion, Sengoku, Garp, and Tsuru.
Old 2009-08-20, 17:58   Link #117
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Yes, an army of undead Pacifistas would be rather welcome, wouldn't it?

Or alternatively, we can expect a fleet of silver medalists (who may or may not be lead by Blackbeard) to make their presence known at Marineford, as well......
Old 2009-08-20, 21:33   Link #118
hellmonkey1

just a question, becasue i have like serached EVERYWHERE and jus cant find out who DonPachino is like i really just dont know, anyways i knoe marvelb mentioned this like a few times but i really really think that oars III (oz's son) will befriend luffy and help luffy get back to his crew
ANDDDD
i also think after the WB's an everyone else rescue Ace i think that they will take luffy with them to find his crew again
Old 2009-08-20, 22:00   Link #119
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey1 View Post
just a question, becasue i have like serached EVERYWHERE and jus cant find out who DonPachino is like i really just dont know,
Don Pachino is a villain who was in a filler story arc (episodes 326 to 336 I believe) in the anime.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:16   Link #120
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah ha awesome chapter yet again!

A crazy display of powers, really got to love the whole DF thing its a brilliant idea!