AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 22:27   Link #581
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So, given how fast they play through games in Japan, is there any information on how the new Oreimo game plays and if there's any multiple romance ending element to it?
Old 2013-09-27, 10:01   Link #582
Mystic_Vegetto

My copy arrived an hour ago, I'm looking through the Extras before I do any game play.

In the Extras Section:

-There are 31 CG Events.

-You can do a Free Photo Session which you can't do right off the start. I assume you'll have to unlock the Photo Session in the game first before you can do it freely. Probably a good way to practice taking photos.

-You can view the Stats of each girl, but they're all different for each one. Here are their stats at default:

Kirino: Imouto (10pt) - Otaku (20pt) - Education (0pt)
Kuroneko: Chuuni (20pt) - Domestic (10pt) - Angel (0pt)
Ayase: Professional (0pt) - Innocent (20pt) - One Shot-Girl (10pt)
Kanako: Two-Faced (20pt) - Downhill (10pt) - Worldwide (0pt)
Manami: Diva (10pt) - Healing (20pt) - Nostalgic (0pt)

-There are 192 Scenes Total in the game. Kirino and Kuroneko each have 37 Scenes, Ayase has 38, Kanako and Manami both have 40.

-Theater Mode has 6 Videos. The First One is the Opening (Claris - Reunion). The other 5 I'm assuming are the Ending Credits for each girl.

That's all for the Extras. As for other stuff, the Loading Screens feature 1 of the 5 girls plus a CG Event from the Oreimo PSP Games. Plus the Piracy Warning at the start of the game has Kirino in a Bikini. I'll update later on after I've played the game some more.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 22:43   Link #583
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Thanks for the info.
Old 2013-09-28, 19:26   Link #584
Mystic_Vegetto

I'll explain the beginning of the game from what I've played so far:

Spoiler:

That's what I remember so far off the top of my head. Here's some more gameplay info from what I've experienced:

The SNS is very important. Remember how I said each girl has 3 Stats? The SNS is where you level up those stats. The Girl you chose will make posts on the SNS site, around 4 posts, and you have to respond to 1 of them. The posts are usually something that requires whether or not you think it's a good or bad idea (I think anyway), or it's a Event Post where you'll go into a Chat with the Girl which could lead to an Event or another Photoshoot. Depending on the outcome, 1 of the Stats will gain points. If you earn enough points, The Girl will gain a Level. As they Level Up, they will also Learn Skills, however, I don't think I'm at the part where I can Equip Skills to the girls yet. So far I've only been responding to SNS Posts and doing Photo Shoots.

You can't Respond to every post either. When you make your choice, A Week will pass on the Calendar. After your 3rd or 4th Week, you'll automatically go to the next event. You'll know when all of a sudden you get a Chat Invite from your Girl. So I'm guessing that each month, you need to figure out a right balance in raising the Stats and Leveling up your Idol. I'm not sure how long you have to get your Idol to a certain level or at what stats they need to be at. As I said, I'm still early in the game.

During the Photo Sessions, the girl will strike a pose, and you have to take pictures. You get 5 chances to take a Picture per Pose for up to 3 Poses. While taking pictures, you'll increase the Bonus Meter. To increase it by a lot, you need to find the right spot to take a picture to get a Critical. If you manage to fill up the Bonus Meter by the end of the 3rd Set, you'll enter the Bonus Set and the girl will strike a Special Pose. Taking pictures during the Bonus Round are worth a lot, but you have to make sure you're in the right spot when you take the picture. You'll know the picture you take is good by listening to Kyousuke's reaction when you take the shot. After taking the picture, you have to pick 1 Photo out of 20 (or 15 if you didn't get the Bonus Round) to put up on the SNS Site. Once you've chosen, the game will Rank the quality of the Photo from I think Poor-Good-Great-Excellent. Not sure if there's a "Perfect" or not. After being graded, the game lets you choose photos to put in your Album. While doing this, you'll see how many points Each Photo was worth, so you'll know during this part if you chose the right photo for the SNS Site. After choosing, the view count will increase.

However, During the SNS Portion, there may be Events that lead to Photo Shoots, and it's possible to add another photo to the site to increase the views, but you'll also gain a lot of points for 1 of that girl's stats. So again, watch out during the SNS Portions of the game.

The game does have Choices during the "Visual Novel" part of the game. But I don't know if they have any affect on the gameplay or if they play a part on the Story or what yet. I haven't had much time to play it, but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it personally.

Also, here's a Tip for people thinking about playing, make sure you go into the Options and turn Autosave OFF. It's the only option under "Other". There's a very good reason for that. Each girl only gets 1 Save Slot, so you can't make Multiple Saves. I would suggest saving at the beginning of Each Month, and then tinker around with the choices you make to see what the best way is to improve each girl's Stats and Level for that month. If you're satisfied with what you got, then save once the month is over and get ready for the next one. I might redo Kuroneko's Route since I didn't turn Autosave Off. So I might start over to see if I can do better.

Also, for people like me who only understand what's being said by the voices, just a warning that not every line is voiced. Kyousuke's inner thoughts and the Chats on the SNS Page aren't voiced. Also, Events that occur due to a choice you made on the SNS Page aren't voiced either. Only Major Events are voiced it seems.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:52   Link #585
jrod

Thanks for the review so far.
It seems the gameplay is similar to Idol-master.

Many netizens of 2ch gave bad reviews of the game though citing mercenary DLCs add-ins (e.g unlimited photoshoot angles), mundane story (PSP ~if~ routes were better), poor polygon rendering of characters, lack of CGs, etc

I can't wait to see how "mundane" the story is, perhaps another rendition of the various ~if~ of the girls, especially Kanako
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 08:17   Link #586
GVN.Chaos

Dunno if it count, but Degenki Bunko fighting climax had a new trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sllVigl8n1E
Kirino's moves include 'pinned enemy down and slap'. Very cat-fight like
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 11:01   Link #587
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I'm really behind about the HD game (mostly because I won't be able to play it since I don't own PS3 ), but I just watched the 5th PV. One of the If Routes sounds hilarious with Ayase's going to be a body builder

Now I can't help but imagine muscular Ayase like some of Hokuto no Ken doujins parodying other animes I've seen before >.>
Old 2014-05-25, 17:52   Link #588
Mystic_Vegetto

Anyone know where I can find an online guide for the PS3 game? I haven't played it since it came out back in September/October. Figured since summer is coming up, it would be a good time to get into my backlog of games and might as well continue/finish this up. Was thinking of importing the Guide Book, but I want to save some cash. Haven't had any luck trying to find an online guide for this anywhere.
Old 2014-09-15, 18:54   Link #589
Kurono-kun

Yeah it would be great have someone a Guide for this Game looking also for a guide but i dont find any.
Kurono-kun is offline   Reply With Quote