AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-14, 19:16   Link #41
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

MSLN is classified, in Wikipedia anyway, as a having "Yuri/Shojo-ai plots" that aren't central to the storyline.

But yes I agree, it doesn't help 90% of the cast is female. There aren't enough men in it to think you'd see very much male x female pairings.
Old 2007-05-14, 19:30   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Let's avoid the killing of Erio, I like the guy. Certainly with Chrono's still awaited appearance, Yuuno's limited showing so far, Erio's pretty much the guy . Still have a feeling Erio will be captured or something unleashing Caro's love and like Nanoha's friendship it will cause massive destruction.

True enough, when you've got a cast that's overly one gender your going to see more pairings go that way. Where close friendships end and the romantic relationship starts really is what's open to debate. For this series being close friends opens the door to speculation.
Old 2007-05-14, 19:32   Link #43
krisslanza

And with that translated time chart in the image thread, we know Nanoha and Fate spend 3 hours before bed together... *coughs*

Moving right along.

I have a feeling Erio will be the "main guy" of StrikerS, with Chrono and Yuuno taking the sidelines. I think Chrono deserves more screentime, he's a cool character and all.

But now I need something on-topic here...

So assuming that timechart is the real deal... It leads more material to Nanoha x Fate. I mean, they have the same time for showering.
Old 2007-05-14, 19:48   Link #44
Andy00

A recent magazine pic has everyone's 24 hour schedule.

Both Fate's and Nanoha's have 11pm to 1am dedicated to "time with each other and planning."

Planning, huh?

http://kei.iichan.net/2/src/1179190090936.jpg (Somebody please get a more permanent version of this pic, please)
Old 2007-05-14, 19:52   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
And with that translated time chart in the image thread, we know Nanoha and Fate spend 3 hours before bed together... *coughs*
BEFORE bed :P

Quote:
I have a feeling Erio will be the "main guy" of StrikerS, with Chrono and Yuuno taking the sidelines. I think Chrono deserves more screentime, he's a cool character and all.
They BOTH deserve more...

(Don't make me break out Skane's "Why Yuuno is a good" speech again !)

Quote:
But now I need something on-topic here...

So assuming that timechart is the real deal... It leads more material to Nanoha x Fate. I mean, they have the same time for showering.
I'll avoid saying 'coincidence' since it's not a good form of offence to break people's illusions ...

... But because they'll in the military, it could just be the time table... After all, Subaru/Teana/Carol all have the same bath time...

Of course, the simplest explaination is that the writers just want to keep a major portion of the fans happy and deluded
Old 2007-05-14, 19:55   Link #46
Meophist

Quote:
I don't have access to the sound stages, so I wouldn't know. I can only use MSLN, A's, and StrikerS for my evidence and such.
Spoiler for Sound Stage M:
Old 2007-05-14, 20:23   Link #47
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
BEFORE bed :P
Is not before bed, it's before SLEEP. So they can be for 3 hours in the bed without sleep.
But if you don't like the bed, they still can do it in the settee, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, or whenever you like

-Haru
Old 2007-05-14, 20:33   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Is not before bed, it's before SLEEP. So they can be for 3 hours in the bed without sleep.
But if you don't like the bed, they still can do it in the settee, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, or whenever you like

-Haru
Hmmm, my final answer is...

'D'

They do it in your dreams.

... Just a friendly opinion of course
Old 2007-05-14, 20:43   Link #49
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Now, now, now...Careful, guys...and girls.

Anyway, it's nice and all to be pumped up with the recent revelations of their time-schedule, but really... That's what I call, that's what we call subtle fanservice. At the same time, it really shows the kind of workaholics both of them are, especially Nanoha. Even more so, if you think about it...we'll most likely never really get to see what happens in those "vague coincidental" hours. It's to protect the illusion, that "something happened" and "something did not."

And those with experience teaching knows damn well that 3 hours is around "just enough" to review the day's work, compile them, and plan for the next day's. If we assume 1 hour is cut from those thanks to RH's l33t computing skills, then they reall only had one hour a day to catch up on their daily events.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:50   Link #50
BPHaru

Quote:
Hmmm, my final answer is...

'D'

They do it in your dreams.

... Just a friendly opinion of course
They sure do it in my dreams
But they may be doing it in no-screen time, they have the Giant-Yuri-Bed after all

-Haru
Old 2007-05-14, 20:53   Link #51
Meophist

There is no romantic relationship between Nanoha and Fate. This, I'm sure about.
Old 2007-05-14, 21:22   Link #52
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I don't want to make it personal Haru, but please remember this is for SERIOUS discussion and not mud-slinging with fan doujin or what you can pull out of that hat.

*you know, I've a feeling my words are going to be misused again, but there is no honor in calling in a MOD for this...*

Old 2007-05-14, 21:25   Link #53
krisslanza

While that's not evidence, I have to point out Meophist didn't give any evidence to support his claim.

Just stating "Because I think so." isn't the meaning of this thread I believe. You're supposed to give reasoning and evidence behind your belief.
Old 2007-05-14, 21:37   Link #54
Meophist

Quote:
While that's not evidence, I have to point out Meophist didn't give any evidence to support his claim.

Just stating "Because I think so." isn't the meaning of this thread I believe. You're supposed to give reasoning and evidence behind your belief.
Of which I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Spoiler for Sound Stage M:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-14, 21:58   Link #55
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Of which I did.
Spoiler:
Are there any translation? I have listened to the sound stages, but my japanese isn’t very good and I didn't get that part.
Anyways all the sound stages have hints about Fate being in love with Nanoha.

-Haru
Old 2007-05-14, 22:01   Link #56
krisslanza

Remind me how wondering why two people haven't hooked up automatically means they should?

Just because Fate wonders doesn't mean she wouldn't like Nanoha. As a poor example, look at Kannazuki no Miko. Chikane loved Himeko but she still helped set her up with Souma.
Old 2007-05-14, 22:03   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Are there any translation? I have listened to the sound stages, but my japanese isn’t very good and I didn't get that part.
Anyways all the sound stages have hints about Fate being in love with Nanoha.

-Haru
That was before...

(You know, when they were all YOUNG CHILDREN...)

... This is 10 years later.

Quote:
Remind me how wondering why two people haven't hooked up automatically means they should?

Just because Fate wonders doesn't mean she wouldn't like Nanoha. As a poor example, look at Kannazuki no Miko. Chikane loved Himeko but she still helped set her up with Souma.

I'm all about to give up on Nanoha (The character) in terms of romance...

It's going to take a "Ragnarok Breaker" class spell to get through to the romance part of her brain, which seems to be protected by a skull with the thickness of a TSAB warship hulk...

... Suddenly I'm welcoming the thought of Nanoha getting BADLY injury...

In which she'll needs a HEALER...
Old 2007-05-14, 22:05   Link #58
BPHaru

Quote:
That was before...

(You know, when they were all YOUNG CHILDREN...)

... This is 10 years later.
I was talking about the last one too.

Quote:

Yes, or you may consider as a better example the ultimate lesbian from CCS, Tomoyo.

Quote:
... Suddenly I'm welcoming the thought of Nanoha getting BADLY injury...

In which she'll needs a HEALER...
Well, she has Caro and Shamal in the team.
Nanoha getting injured… Suddenly I remembered this fic

-Haru
Old 2007-05-14, 22:09   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Even if Fate leans the other way, towards Nanoha, Meophist pointed out that they're not in a romantic relationship. Which they aren't.

Because Fate wouldn't even need to wonder anything if she and Nanoha both had already mutually reached home run.

At it is, we can all say whatever we want, but Nanoha and Fate...Nanoha and Yuuno..., in the current light of events, regardless how many hours Nanoha and Fate spend together a day, or how detached Yuuno's own workaholic tendencies are from Nanoha's all-work and almost no time to play attitude, are all great buddies, and very good friends.

Until proven extremely wrong...but that hasn't happened. Not until it goes Gravitation or Strawberry Panic wrong.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-14, 22:13   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Even if Fate leans the other way, towards Nanoha, Meophist pointed out that they're not in a romantic relationship. Which they aren't.

Because Fate wouldn't even need to wonder anything if she and Nanoha both had already mutually reached home run.

At it is, we can all say whatever we want, but Nanoha and Fate...Nanoha and Yuuno, in the current light of events, regardless how many hours Nanoha and Fate spend together a day, or how detached Yuuno's own workaholic tendencies are from Nanoha's all-work and almost no time to play attitude, are all great buddies, and very good friends.
We should start moving on to the other possible pairings on the list... Before we all get sucked into our alternate realities...

... If we haven't already.
Closed Thread