AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-24, 22:08   Link #1541
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Well, for those of you who care about the disappearance of the Hawaii screenings (pun intended ), which I'm guessing is really no one here, I got a response from Bandai Entertainment regarding those:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandai Entertainment
We have been going back and forth with our Hawaiian contacts trying to
schedule, but some of the theaters are holding back due to the upcoming
Summer blockbusters. Our current talks with them have it now being
placed in August in September

So there you go. Better later than never I suppose. Kudos to Bandai though for actually replying to me!
Old 2010-07-01, 08:09   Link #1542
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Well, for those of you who care about the disappearance of the Hawaii screenings (pun intended ), which I'm guessing is really no one here, I got a response from Bandai Entertainment regarding those:

So there you go. Better later than never I suppose. Kudos to Bandai though for actually replying to me!
I kept checking Consolidated's website every week for over a month and nada. It sucks that they don't even list it as 'coming soon' in their SpotlightAsia! listings. Sigh, I miss the days of the Varsity Theaters.
Old 2010-07-08, 15:50   Link #1543
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
ANN, Bandai Entertainment, and the New York Anime Festival have announced a showing of the movie in October (on one day of the 8th-10th) that will be introduced by Minori Chihara. This brings the total amount of theatres to 110 (106 Japanese, 4 United States, none announced in Taiwan yet).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-07-09, 16:37   Link #1544
cbfox99
Scrumy!

I emailed the guy in charge of the screening for NY Anime Fest. for ticket info and this is what he wrote back.

"Thank you for your email. We're currently finalizing movie plans, and we'll post the full details - when and where - as soon as we can. If the screening takes place inside the convention center, there is no extra ticket, but we're also investigating local theaters - to do an actual theatrical premiere. Depending on the theater, a second ticket may be needed.

Again, details will be posted as soon as they are finalized."

Ironically, he's the same person I emailed 3 months ago when I asked different conventions around America if they could screen the movie. LOL Dreams really do come true!
It's finally, Finally, FINALLY being shown on the east coast.
I thought I'd be stuck with the camrip until the dvd release so this is truly amazing news!

To all who are going, I'll see you there!
Old 2010-07-11, 23:47   Link #1545
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Will they be showing Disappearance at other major cities like Dallas or Miami?

Also any news on dubbing the film?

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2010-07-12, 02:19   Link #1546
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
Will they be showing Disappearance at other major cities like Dallas or Miami?

Also any news on dubbing the film?
First question: I dunno.

Second question: Don't think so besides that there will be one.

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2010-07-12 at 02:24. Reason: bleh, didn't read properly
Old 2010-07-19, 01:54   Link #1547
Kudryavka

This movie needs to be shown in LA. This year. Or at least before they release the DVD/BD in America.
Old 2010-07-19, 03:42   Link #1548
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
This movie needs to be shown in LA. This year. Or at least before they release the DVD/BD in America.
They did show it Los Angeles, it was a month ago.
Old 2010-07-19, 03:47   Link #1549
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
They did show it Los Angeles, it was a month ago.
No one told me

Whatevr, I'll go fml somewhere else now.
Old 2010-07-21, 09:16   Link #1550
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
It's been in theatres a long time, hasn't it?

We're quickly approaching the end of the 5th month that this movie has been in Japanese theatres. Currently there are 8 theatres in Japan that are showing the movie
Spoiler:
with three scheduled to show it over the next few weeks.
Spoiler:

So far there have been 108 Japanese theatres that have showed the film at least twice (Roppongi Hills had two one night showings). For a film that started out with 24 theatres and going to over four times that many theatres, it's done exceptionally well. I've been hearing some rumors of very good earnings, but I can't confirm that yet. Needless to say, money will not be a reason not to have another season of Haruhi.

The reason I'm updating is with some news. Announced just now on the Haruhi fansite is the third campaign for customers. The first two were the repeat viewer film bookmarks and the postcard sets. This one gives away a Nagato Yuki desk pad. On the top side will be a special illustration of Yuki and Kyon after the modification and on the bottom will be a Yuki poem from Nagaru Tanigawa. If anyone is interested in this promotion while in Japan, inquire with a theatre to see when that theatre will start this promotion.

Edit: From this forum, it appears that the film will begin showing in Hong Kong this fall. No set dates are announced.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-25 at 11:16.
Old 2010-07-26, 05:33   Link #1551
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Once again, sorry for the double post, but there has been some news released today. Anime!Anime!Biz has stated that up until today (likely last weekend) the film has grossed over 830,000,000 yen in theatres on 102 screens. This is an absolutely amazing amount of money and theatres. By comparison, the Nanoha movie was in 68 theatres and grossed 380,000,000 yen and the Fate/Stay night movie was also in 68 theatres and grossed 280,000,000 yen. Even the Macross Frontier was in 111 theatres and only grossed 645,000,000 yen. It's good for 7th of all anime movies released in the first half of this year.

Since Haruhi is a late night anime, these numbers are fantastic (even though One Piece and Doraemon have easily beat them).

Old 2010-07-26, 06:48   Link #1552
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
(even though One Piece and Doraemon have easily beat them).
Don't forget Detective Conan. ^^ If I remember right, One Piece came first, DC second, and Haruhi was 7th? (in the anime movies)
Old 2010-07-28, 07:25   Link #1553
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Update for the third theatre campaign!

First, here is the special desk pad that will be given to customers when they go see the movie:

Here is a list of theatres that will be participating in this event on 8/6/2010:
  • TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills 21:30/01:00 showings
  • TOHO Cinemas Ichikawa Colton Plaza 20:10 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Lalaport Yokohama 21:15 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Utsunomiya 20:00 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Hamamatsu 20:10 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Nagano Bay City 20:00 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Nanba 20:25 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Nijojo 20:00 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas NishiOS 20:00 showing
  • TOHO Cinemas Midorii 20:00 showing
  • Tenjin TOHO Screens 20:10 showing

Those will be one day screenings of the movie with the desk pad gifts. There will be three more giving the gifts away with regular screenings:
  • Iida Sengeki Cinemas
  • Ai Cinema Imabari
  • Cinemas Onomichi (8/14 onwards)

This puts the movie as been shown in 116 Japanese theatres and 120 worldwide. According to Gigazine TOHO wanted to participate with all of its theatres, but it was impossible to do so. Therefore, they chose to go with the bigger cities. I've updated the list in my sig to include these events.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-28 at 15:34.
Old 2010-07-28, 09:27   Link #1554
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's been in theatres a long time, hasn't it?
Edit: From this forum, it appears that the film will begin showing in Hong Kong this fall. No set dates are announced.
!!!
FUUUUUU--- YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, the Kadokawa stall of the HK book fair said they would show the movie the the fall (according to the forum anyway). If only I was in HK and not in Shanghai at the time...
Commence searching of real info on this development!

BTW the second season of Haruhi will start airing in HK next week, one year after the original airing. I think the number of fans will diminish soon after that...
Old 2010-08-11, 06:16   Link #1555
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

the movie will be shown in Great Britain at the "Scotland loves Animation" Festival:

Edinburgh – Filmhouse Cinema (www.filmhousecinema.com): Friday, October 15th to Sunday, October 17th

http://www.lovesanimation.com/

I hope that I will be able to get some cheap airline tickets when a definite date is available .
Old 2010-08-11, 06:24   Link #1556
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
the movie will be shown in Great Britain at the "Scotland loves Animation" Festival:

Edinburgh – Filmhouse Cinema (www.filmhousecinema.com): Friday, October 15th to Sunday, October 17th

I hope that I will be able to get some cheap airline tickets when a definite date is available .
That festival sounds like paradise () "Scotland loves Animation"

Although I watched the movie 8 days when it was released in Japan, it is defiantly worthy of being watched with every drop of cash you will have to spend on it.
Old 2010-08-11, 06:35   Link #1557
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post

Updated the Haruhi Cinema Status Spreadsheet with the information. This is probably the same 35mm film set that Bandai used/is using for their screenings (that was rented, for lack of a better word, from Kadokawa). I'm glad that it's made its way to Europe and we've now reached theatre 122 on the year (117 Japanese, 4 United States, 1 Scotland).

Hope you get to see it in theatres. It's an amazing experience.

Edit:vvv Thanks. I was in a bit of a rush typing and miscalculated. The total number was right, just the Japanese was off by 10.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-11 at 07:31.
Old 2010-08-11, 07:26   Link #1558
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
AWESOME! Now it just needs spread through Europe. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Evangelion 1.0 was shown somewhere in this country -likely Amsterdam-, I wouldn't mind going there to watch Disappearance.

By the way megax, your calculation is off. 107+4+1=112, not 122.
Old 2010-08-11, 10:03   Link #1559
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

YAY! It's near France ^^' Well, it's “““near”””.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:45   Link #1560
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Using the train to get there will be sufficient enough...

Tags
science fiction, shounen