AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 04
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 61 32.11%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 59 31.05%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 42 22.11%
7 out of 10: Good... 19 10.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 2.11%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 4 2.11%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 0.53%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-28, 14:30   Link #21
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

great episode, im surprised that silika wasn´t the total Maiden in distress, she actually had some skill, she just lacked level, i liked how kirito its such a badass, and finally there was the thrill of not knowing if silika was going to be alive at the end of the chapter, my only complain is that the title of the episode its "the black swordman" and i didnt saw guts anywhere...
Old 2012-07-28, 14:36   Link #22
styr

Mirage Sphere was pretty cool, but I thought it would be more.. detailed? Seems like they spent most of the budget on the sphere 'activating' and not on the actual map itself.

edit: Also, anyone else notice that one of Rosalia-san's accomplices was dual wielding axes? During the scene when Silica looks at the group across the bridge he is standing on the far right with his midriff showing. When all of her thugs activate skills you can even see both of his axes glow pink/magenta for a second. Unique skill?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-28 at 15:21. Reason: removed spoilers for future content
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:00   Link #23
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Welp finally saw the CR-subs. Great adaptation, feels better to have a more light-hearted episode than Ep. 3 LOL.

But yeah, this episode highlights the differences between Orange Guilds and Red Guilds...and how MMO players personality changes online. Or people in general on the internet. :V

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:21   Link #24
Deltaray

Images
picture
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Not gonna lie that image made my day in this episode.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-28 at 15:26. Reason: switch to images tag; this is not a spoiler
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:29   Link #25
stalkingpanda

This ep started out good but then with the big twist at the end, it turned into awesome! Kirito turns into quite the badass.

edit: the loli panti stuff wasn't needed though ...
stalkingpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:43   Link #26
ak4allz
NightlyArt

I'm just really curious somehow. Kirito's level is 78, right? His max XP is 14,500 and the total damage hit is 700. This is relatively huge in differences between the levels of those *bandits*, isn't they?

And, the coat of him, still the coat from the first boss (referring to the first episode), right? I wonder, when would he wear a new coat just like the coat that he wear during the OP. Much better and more handsome... (well, I guess). And, the sword too.

But, overall, still a good episode to enjoy with =^.^=
Old 2012-07-28, 15:45   Link #27
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4allz View Post
I'm just really curious somehow. Kirito's level is 78, right? His max XP is 14,500 and the total damage hit is 700. This is relatively huge in differences between the levels of those *bandits*, isn't they?

And, the coat of him, still the coat from the first boss (referring to the first episode), right? I wonder, when would he wear a new coat just like the coat that he wear during the OP. Much better and more handsome... (well, I guess). And, the sword too.

But, overall, still a good episode to enjoy with =^.^=
I thought his hp was really high, but I remembered Silica's hp was 9000 something (OVER 9000 ).

Last edited by hero147; 2012-07-28 at 17:01.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:49   Link #28
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4allz View Post
Yep. The difference in their levels, and Kirito's skill, Battle Healing, were the reasons their attacks were ineffective against him.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:50   Link #29
HandofFate

decent simple sweet episode.
I laughed that Sicilia kept getting attacked by tentacle monsters every 10 seconds. Nice to see Kirito display his badassness.

I don't mind the sidestories.
Hell, I wouldn't mind if this was a "slice of life" mmo tale and the main game never gets cleared, and its just Kirito's solo adventures for 50episodes ala Kino's Journey.
Old 2012-07-28, 15:53   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

at least there weren't any malboros.
Old 2012-07-28, 15:54   Link #31
Nihgthawk

Amazing episode this week I loved how Kirito handled the situation. And this week we see the 3rd incarnation of Kirito's black coat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And did anyone notice a certain pair during the ep? It seems they ended up as buddies

Spoiler for Next Episode:
I hope the next story at least spans 2 ep. Really think their is too much important story to cram into one like Starless night (ep2).

Who are you talking about? About what time in the episode did it appear?
Spoiler for The one line from the novel I wish was there.:
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:56   Link #32
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
at least there weren't any malboros.
Haha, that would have been nightmare inducing to see animated. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate
I laughed that Sicilia kept getting attacked by tentacle monsters every 10 seconds.
After reading this, I'm starting to think they're making fun of the trope heh. xD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:59   Link #33
Blaat

Colour me disappointed, I really hoped they would have killed off the otaku pandering loli character (doing the obligatory cute things), like they did with last week female character. Sadly enough that wasn't the case, maybe next time...

Besides that flaw, I thought it was a decent episode and for once the episode didn't felt rushed.
Old 2012-07-28, 16:04   Link #34
Saito123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Nah, the rage on this one would come from anime only viewers -- the story's very simple and straightforward so it should be easy to adapt, but it's very fillerish (and people were already complaining about last week's episode being filler).
which everybody knows wasn't
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:25   Link #35
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Yet another episode that continues to show the writer actually played MMOs more than casually at some point-a first, as far as I'm concerned, for the multitude of anime out there that pretend to be based on MMOs.

Kirito standing there made me lol at old memories of doing that outside the Ironforge gates letting the lowbies hit you endlessly.

Also, loot drama!

Kirito's statement about level-based systems isn't entirely true, however, unless there's no cap on levels. If there is, then eventually everyone is on the same playing field, but if there isn't (which, for all I know, perhaps SAO has no level cap), then his statement might bear some real weight, especially if that's the approach the players are going to take to 'beating the game' (overlevel it).
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:27   Link #36
ookamigirl

Silica sure found trouble fast..
Lucky her there's always some guy out there to save her.
She was being pretty selfish and proud though... it cost her.
Kirito... always such a kind hearted guy.
That redhead Rosalia really annoyed me.
The path to revive Pina was a thorny one 'cause that Silica always got into trouble.
The story about Kirito's sister was nice additional info about his life in the real world.
I was right to dislike Rosalia. That ambush was in for a nasty surprise.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:43   Link #37
Bombo
TSF Fans

Nice episode ..and I like the entrance for kirito showing his sword and walking toward the orange players .
Damn cool and yeah I like silica without twin hair .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:51   Link #38
Pen3

Yeah its nice to know how much his sister/cousin in real life cares about him. Anyone know if shes younger or older than him?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:52   Link #39
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Favourite episode so far, Kirito didn't even need to fight against them, his regen did all the talking.
Visual on flower floor was quite an amazing place.
Though I did notice the amount of tentacle-like mob like targetting Silica...

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 17:00   Link #40
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Yeah its nice to know how much his sister/cousin in real life cares about him. Anyone know if shes younger or older than him?
Pretty sure he called her his imouto, so younger. Don't recall for certain, though.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion