AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 00:17   Link #3721
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, one of the mods I was waiting on came back with a Dragonborn update--so if you were using EzE's Artifact Disenchanting, it's all back and all updated. One down, too many to go!
Old 2013-03-01, 05:18   Link #3722
sa547
*Author

So far, my game seem to have stablized, although the Papyrus log was spitting out about a persistent alias bug that I have no idea where it came from or how to stop it.
Code:
[03/01/2013 - 05:51:29PM] Error: Unable to call GetReference - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetReference() - "<native>" Line ?
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetActorReference() - "ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 37
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetActorRef() - "ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 47
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.OnUpdate() - "SwapJobAliasScript.psc" Line 20
[03/01/2013 - 05:51:30PM] Error: Unable to call GetReference - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetReference() - "<native>" Line ?
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetActorReference() - "ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 37
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.GetActorRef() - "ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 47
	[<NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].SwapJobAliasScript.OnUpdate() - "SwapJobAliasScript.psc" Line 20
As it's impossible to pinpoint the cause, I figured that it's best to let go a bit.

Most of yesterday was consumed by a savegame-destroying bug that happened after deactivating (as instructed) Player Headtracking; seeing that it somewhat corrupted the savegame, I had to physically uninstall the mod without deactivation, and did a few more tests, picked up ATTK (perhaps the most powerful yet incomprehensible Skyrim launcher I ever came across, due to the author's English issues and hence the lack of documentation), and tweaking.

Damn, seems that this is probably the only game that needs some maintenance.
Old 2013-03-01, 08:32   Link #3723
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Using http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3542 and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10154 But I can't seem to create the item through the console, any ideas? They show up in the console, so they are clearly... there.

Edit: Can't seem to create anything at all.

edit 2: bleh, I'm a nub. forgot to add "player." infront of "additem".

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2013-03-01 at 08:55.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 00:36   Link #3724
sa547
*Author

^
Also the Saber armor may need the UNP body mod (or if you're using CBBE, drive the weight slider all the way to the left).
Old 2013-03-02, 13:10   Link #3725
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Argh. Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel will release its 3.0 update on March 30.

I hate waiting.
Old 2013-03-02, 20:42   Link #3726
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
Also the Saber armor may need the UNP body mod (or if you're using CBBE, drive the weight slider all the way to the left).
It's good fun running around as Saber. She kinda fits the lore to, with her dragon heritage and all that. Only thing I couldn't get right is her face, but that's probably just me failing horribly with sliders. Have everything else though, hair, skin, body, eyes, armor, weapons out the wazoo (got a different saber sword mod, actually has Powers you can use so you can run around blasting everything with holy light with her screaming 'Excalibur' all over the place). Although giving Lydia Excalibur Morgan may not have been the best move, jerk is a damn kill stealer.
Old 2013-03-02, 22:42   Link #3727
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's a Saber companion mod. You can use that for reference on the facial features for your Arturia character.
Old 2013-03-04, 12:37   Link #3728
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/04/sk...dary-features/

Really cool.Looking forward to it.
Old 2013-03-04, 13:03   Link #3729
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

1.9 released at the end of the month? Son of a BITCH.

All the mods I'm waiting for updates on are getting updates at the end of the month! I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO PLAY SKYRIM AT THIS RATE.
Old 2013-03-04, 13:23   Link #3730
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I'm not getting how this wraparound of level perk caps is a good thing? Apparently you have to go through the spec tree again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from article
Bethesda are planning to release Skyrim’s upcoming 1.9 update at the end of the month. The end of the month?! That’s slightly under a month away! Fortunately, given that patience has never been among a Dragonborn’s required skillset, you can test out the patch’s beta version right now. With it you’ll gain access to a new Legendary difficulty level, as well as Legendary Skills – a system that removes the level cap by using what sounds like a CoD-style Prestige system.
“Skills of 100 can be made Legendary,” Bethesda explain on their blog. “This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.”
A screenshot of the new system hints at how it will work. Plus side: the character is now at a previously unreachable Level 106. Downside: they’ve completely forgotten how to do Smithing twice. Presumably that playthrough’s economy has nosedived in response to all the hastily crafted steel daggers that must be flooding the market.
Old 2013-03-04, 13:43   Link #3731
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What good I CAN see from it is for people who want to level up to 82 and beyond without upgrading skills they don't want for their character. So a mage could get a higher level (and higher health/magic/stamina) without the need for developing warrior and thief-type skills.
Old 2013-03-04, 13:52   Link #3732
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I guess I see but not sure why the perk tree would zero out on wrap. Each time I level I get the health/stam/dam bonus so no cap there is fine ... but why empty the perk spec tree when I've learned all those things (or did I misread the comment about smithing, for example)

edit: or do the perks zero out because the perk nodes themselves are "legendary" now, implying a doubling up of the attributes of a given perk?
Old 2013-03-04, 14:01   Link #3733
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I have no idea. The perks being reset might be because they might not be able to disable perk point acquisition for level-up. Either way, doesn't seem terribly thought out for the three crafting trees.
Old 2013-03-04, 14:37   Link #3734
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just got clarification: it resets the tree and gives you all of the spent perk points back. You can then spend them on other things. You still get a new perk point for leveling up, so essentially you can max out all of the perks on the skill tree without the need of mods like Ish's Souls to Perks or Community Level Uncapper.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:21   Link #3735
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah .... sounds a little bit like a way for console folks to "correct mistakes" or change priorities with some effort. Thanks.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:31   Link #3736
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, the main people who are going to benefit from this is the console crowd.

Otherwise, 1.9 contains nothing new as far as updates are concerned. It's primarily for Legendary Skills and bugfixes--no hidden DLC contents to hint at. Among the fixes will be the Oghra Infinium exploit and making the Ebony Blade utilize two-handed perk benefits rather than one-handed perk benefits, and Imperial Light Armor being added to the forge crafting table.
Old 2013-03-04, 17:31   Link #3737
T-6000

If any of you have tried out the new difficulty with this patch, how much harder is "Legendary" over "Master"?
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 21:01   Link #3738
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
If any of you have tried out the new difficulty with this patch, how much harder is "Legendary" over "Master"?
In Legendary, enemies are twice as resistant to damage as in Master.

And yeah, I said resistant because difficulty levels don't change anything other than making you (and only you) do less/more damage to NPCs and Creatures and making NPCs and Creatures do more/less damage to you (and only you). Exception is Adept difficult, which keeps everything default.

And yeah, as a result followers are increasingly OP on higher difficulty settings. It's why mods like UFO even exist. Beth really dropped the ball on designing the difficulty settings.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 21:03   Link #3739
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
1.9 released at the end of the month? Son of a BITCH.

All the mods I'm waiting for updates on are getting updates at the end of the month! I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO PLAY SKYRIM AT THIS RATE.
The bane of Rising Dragon....Patience
Old 2013-03-04, 21:06   Link #3740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Has anyone with the PC version of Dragonborn been having trouble with the Bloodskal Blade?

I've only tried using it in the testing hall (coc qasmoke) and have confirmed the one you use there is the same one version as the one you find in Solstheim, but for the life of me I just can't get the damn thing to fire its energy blade, even when no mods are running or even bloody installed.

Similarly, the Oghma Infinium won't work for me. I can open and read it, but nothing about progressing skills with it appears for me.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim