AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 22:17   Link #61
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope this will be hard-hitting like NHK also. ¬.¬
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:47   Link #62
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thumbs up

I just watched the first episode, and I could tell that the director did Negima without knowing beforehand!

One thing I also noticed was some real twisted humor in this episode that makes it stand out as something different (I hope that this can be kept up for the show's run).

That end was really good! I don't know why, but I got some Read or Die OVA vibes with that and also thought that it is good enough to be an open!

A keeper and another show I'm going to follow...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:47   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
...Moreover, every time I listen to the VA for Kafuka Fuura (the super-optimistic girl) it always reminds me of the VA for Ichijou/Konoka. Are they both the same?....
In a word, yes. Good ear. All these characters are played by Nonaka Ai, who also did Mikan in Manabi Straight and Iriya in Iriya no Sora, etc., etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 23:11   Link #64
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Kaoru saying good things ^_^ ...

It's a good thing I've already downloaded the first episode.
Old 2007-07-12, 23:37   Link #65
rageguy

first ep was really good. all the funny lines on the blackboard, the very beautiful scenes and the comedy....this show really has potential!
rageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:38   Link #66
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
That was awesome.

I was completely entertained the entire time, the art is sweet (at times it felt as if I were reading a picture book, but watching a silent movie at the same time), the humor is right on target (the irony of what was spoken, what wasn't spoken, blackboard parts, etc), and there's something so appealing about putting an overly cheerful and optimistic girl alongside an emo pessimistic man - they make a great pair. The rest of the characters are great - text-message girl, comb-over hair guy, anal-retentive girl... This is definitely a show (at least an episode) I'm going to have to watch over in order to catch more of what was going on.

This is a very unique show, and it's got me completely hooked with only the first episode.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:55   Link #67
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
Moreover, everytime I listen to the VA for Kafuka Fuura (the super-optimistic girl) it always reminds me of the VA for Ichijou/Konoka. Are they both the same?
Yeah, Konoha indeed. That was what I thought while watching ep 1. Such a carefree girl.

Last edited by herbert; 2007-07-19 at 17:05.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:56   Link #68
shiro83

The theme of this show is so unique. It definitely has potential.
By the way, who is the man shown on the censored parts?
Is he the artist of the opening song?
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 02:35   Link #69
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I haven't fallen head over heels with this series, and I don't like the start too well, although I must say that it has great animation. I only hope that it lasts throughout the series, because we are going to be on a ride.

This *seriously* reminds me of NHK. Fuura seems to be the Misaki of this show. That's still assumption, though. I'm looking forward to the succeeding episodes.
Old 2007-07-13, 04:03   Link #70
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I hope this will be hard-hitting like NHK also. ¬.¬
The summary and title really does remind one of NHK...

As with all of the latest SHAFT productions, I'm quite skeptical on this. I'm still having a hard time trying to get into the first episodes of Tsukiyomi MOON PHASE, and Negima!? was just plain weird/not following the manga. Hidamari Sketch is okay... because it has 4 great characters to work with.

This show interests me little, if only because a.f.k. is subbing it. Otherwise, I'm still waiting on my weekly fix of Lucky Star.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 06:09   Link #71
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The first episode was better than NHK's first episode; if it can express that catharsis that was seen in ep13 of NHK, in any one of its succeeding episodes, I will dub it as one of my favorites.
Old 2007-07-13, 06:26   Link #72
Dop
Mmmm....

That was brilliant! A stylish black comedy.
Having watched it again, I'd just like to say how much I want the soundtrack album, as not only are the opening and closing songs good, but some of that background music is gorgeous!

Last edited by Dop; 2007-07-13 at 08:30.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 06:50   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The first episode was better than NHK's first episode; if it can express that catharsis that was seen in ep13 of NHK, in any one of its succeeding episodes, I will dub it as one of my favorites.
I can see how you'd link both NHK ni Youkoso & Zetsubou Sensei. Maybe you're the comparing type, though i don't see much in the same of both shows --- the main connection i see right now is that Kenji Ohtsuki is apart of the OP for this series. The same guy who was apart of the wonderful first ED for NHK ni Youkoso.

Of course, i loved the first episode. Everything from the dark comedy, to the classic Shinbo style art & the musical score which i have to point out already. I'm sure i'm not the only one here who has noticed its greatness.
Old 2007-07-13, 07:35   Link #74
Karnot
Banned

I am not exactly sure what people see in this...the content is rather good, however there are so many small ****-ups : no OP, what the ??? stupid pointless blackboard messages, the bald censor guy is totally unpleasant long after the episode has ended, and what about those non-moving textures, like crosses on the main chara's clothes ? Arent they supposed to be some big shots in animation ?

Last edited by Karnot; 2007-07-13 at 08:17.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 07:37   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Karnot: So i take it this is your first SHAFT/Shinbo series?
Old 2007-07-13, 08:14   Link #76
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Er, no, I'm not comparing them. They are altogether two different series; I hope, however, that there will be the same catharsis I felt with NHK, perhaps the same sadness and desperation, and consequently the same resurrection from despair.
Old 2007-07-13, 08:24   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sorry physics, that was just the way i read it.

Quote:
I hope, however, that there will be the same catharsis I felt with NHK, perhaps the same sadness and desperation, and consequently the same resurrection from despair.
Hmm, looks it from the first episode --- but maybe in a different form? Even though both shows use dark humor, they're both so different.

Also, so much avatar material from the first episode.
Old 2007-07-13, 08:40   Link #78
GriS

simply amazing...

censorship is my only complaint... they could have used drawing of bald face instead of real one.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:59   Link #79
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83 View Post
By the way, who is the man shown on the censored parts?
Is he the artist of the opening song?
He is the same guy whose face is show in the op. According to others, he is Maeda, who is one of Kumeta's assistants.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 09:07   Link #80
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
simply amazing...

censorship is my only complaint... they could have used drawing of bald face instead of real one.
But that what makes it funny especially with all the real-life expressions he makes depending what it's covering!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shaft