AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-28, 08:46   Link #141
Starky
:3

Send a message via MSN to Starky
I love Yui, I liked her from the very start, due to her cuteness and love for her friends
I love the look of her guitar too, or gee-tah as she calls it XD
Old 2010-03-21, 02:40   Link #142
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

lol She is awesome! when i saw her character through out the season, I could relate myself to her, especially being carefree lol
Old 2010-04-10, 13:07   Link #143
Gordy Lechance

Yui is the adventurous spirit that we'd all want to have again; she represents the possibility of bravely going out and believing you can conqure the world and any problems that it throws at you, that you can be happy and share that happiness with everyone you love.

The perfect heroine, if ever there was one.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:34   Link #144
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Yui is the adventurous spirit that we'd all want to have again; she represents the possibility of bravely going out and believing you can conqure the world and any problems that it throws at you, that you can be happy and share that happiness with everyone you love.

The perfect heroine, if ever there was one.
I think she is just oblivious to the potential harms rather than having a brave spirit.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-11, 04:25   Link #145
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think she is just oblivious to the potential harms rather than having a brave spirit.
I both agree and disagree.

In some cases, I think Yui likes to forget what is going on around her. However, as we've seen a few times, when she wants something, she's extremely motivated to get it.

And if Ui wasn't spoiling Yui so much, I think Yui could accomplish even more in her life.
Old 2010-04-11, 11:10   Link #146
Gordy Lechance

But admit it: the list of things that one wouldn't do to get a little sister as sweet and caring as Ui-chan is would be a very short one.
Old 2010-04-11, 16:48   Link #147
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
But admit it: the list of things that one wouldn't do to get a little sister as sweet and caring as Ui-chan is would be a very short one.
I'd kill to have a sister like that.

And if she wanted to spoil me rotten, she'd have my blessing.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:33   Link #148
Gordy Lechance

Not to mention the fact that unlike most younger siblings, she would let you hug her all day long and hug you right back.

Would really like to do this if she were my lil sis:

"Ui... Icecream. Ice....cream.
Old 2010-04-30, 21:56   Link #149
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but who thinks Yui has this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome
Old 2010-05-01, 00:40   Link #150
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
not close
Old 2010-05-01, 04:25   Link #151
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but who thinks Yui has this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome
No. She had her sister feed her for so long that she's lacking in the mental development.

Consequently, it could be the stuff that Ui has been feeding her that made her retarded.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-01, 07:37   Link #152
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
No. She had her sister feed her for so long that she's lacking in the mental development.

Consequently, it could be the stuff that Ui has been feeding her that made her retarded.
I don't think Yui is truly retarded, because she's not exactly stupid and doens't really act retarded either.

If she has something, I think it would have to be ADD, as most (if not all) of the symptoms for that pretty much fit what we've seen of her.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:11   Link #153
Keftalin20Satalazz

Yui is sooo cute ;3
Old 2010-05-02, 10:16   Link #154
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't think Yui is truly retarded, because she's not exactly stupid and doens't really act retarded either.

If she has something, I think it would have to be ADD, as most (if not all) of the symptoms for that pretty much fit what we've seen of her.
I still believe that Ui's cooking is suspicious. Though not as suspicious as Mugi's cakes.

Old 2010-05-02, 17:13   Link #155
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I still believe that Ui's cooking is suspicious. Though not as suspicious as Mugi's cakes.
Hm, no wonder Yui was quite eager to give some of her cake to Azusa in season 1...
Old 2010-05-02, 18:39   Link #156
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Is it me or is Yui getting more and more... airheaded? I mean, last season, there's a lot of character development in her. First, she was this ditzy and klutzy NEET trying to find a club for herself, then in EP12 she had this realization and growth in her character. Now she just kills all the good intentions of the other club members, maybe overthinking and overreacting at mostly, everything.
Old 2010-05-02, 19:29   Link #157
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Don't think it's ADD either (can't remember the name but it's a disease that makes one an idiot in one subject and a genius in another...)
Old 2010-05-03, 01:15   Link #158
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENR1Sdesu View Post
Is it me or is Yui getting more and more... airheaded? I mean, last season, there's a lot of character development in her. First, she was this ditzy and klutzy NEET trying to find a club for herself, then in EP12 she had this realization and growth in her character. Now she just kills all the good intentions of the other club members, maybe overthinking and overreacting at mostly, everything.
My guess is that they added that to get some closure in the final episode, before they found out that there would be a second season.
Old 2010-05-03, 03:41   Link #159
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Don't think it's ADD either (can't remember the name but it's a disease that makes one an idiot in one subject and a genius in another...)
Thing is, she's not.

She's not an idiot at math (or presumably any subject), it's just that she can't focus on more than one thing at a time and thus tends to forget anything else if it's not related to that subject. We've seen that if she truly focuses on a subject (and has others helping her), she becomes quite good at it. She merely needs a push in the right direction every so often.
Old 2010-05-03, 05:44   Link #160
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Thing is, she's not.

She's not an idiot at math (or presumably any subject), it's just that she can't focus on more than one thing at a time and thus tends to forget anything else if it's not related to that subject. We've seen that if she truly focuses on a subject (and has others helping her), she becomes quite good at it. She merely needs a push in the right direction every so often.
If anyone studies smart, they can pass any academic. But being streetsmart or oblivious to the obvious is another thing.

Closed Thread

Tags
characters