Lumine
Band Army Member

The new DVD ending for episode 1 is so........... happy

can't wait for the OST
Old 2011-05-04, 06:10   Link #223
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
that's the fun part i don't know if i'll call this series an expert in trolling or misdirection. whatever the case maybe, the staff had pulled out some "pranks" in the expense of the audience in the past. another one will definitely not hurt

now, i'll eagerly await homu-chan's character song. i'm sure it's full of (romantic) love for madoka. but i expect that as unbroadcasted ep 10/11 ed song. mami's, saya's, and kyouko's char songs will be a lot sooner

regarding the drama cd, a couple of folks uploaded already in youtube for those who don't want to use torrent files. maybe someone will make a custom animation as well
Lol ... I eagerly await Homura's character song too. But, in fairness, I do believe Madoka's character song is sung from her perspective (and its a post series perspective at that) . The reason why we think of Homura is because the "you" that Madoka is referring to is Homura. Well, that 's my interpretation of it anyway. Considering that in the anime the only person that Madoka actually has a metaphorical "See you tomorrow" promise is Homura at the finale.

I hope you don't mind but, I'm reposting my interpretation of Madoka's character song. Please tell me if I'm making too much out of it or forgot to take the yuri goggles plastered in my face.

Spoiler for Interpretation of the lyrics:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 09:12   Link #224
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
well, I have no right to take off your yuri goggles, since I'm wearing them for the most part myself. but while the song may have some hints at Madoka's future state and actions, I find it mildly headscratching that a song positioned as the ending theme for the first two episodes should be sung from the post-series perspective. That would certainly seem like more trolling, albeit relatively harmless.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 09:14   Link #225
coderlan
Student

When are the character songs will be out?
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 09:57   Link #226
Snork
Twilight lander

They may be bundled with other BDs, but there is still no information on what the Special CDs of Vols 3-6 will contain.
Old 2011-05-05, 03:31   Link #227
kaigan
Segmentation fault

regarding the lyrics interpretation, i am having some minor issues seeing this clearly in madoka's perspective. as the bd-released ed music plays, we are treated with a happy threesome scene of hitomi, madoka, and sayaka - all smiles and carefree.

does madoka really feel that lonely without the company of sayaka and hitomi? probably. it only shows how much she value her friends and she always wants to keep in touch with them as if they were pillars of her emotional stability.

but is she really that alone?

for one, she has a wonderful family - a complete and well-to-do nuclear one. then, where would this loneliness come from? my guess is that madoka's an outgoing person. lacking contact with others brings her unhappiness. so the loneliness might be four years ago, before tatsuya was born. for nearly a decade she's the sole child. she wanted a sibling that she can take care of and play with at home. her affinity to the homeless black cat seems to support this. if this is true, then that loneliness hole had already been filled.

madoka doesn't seem to be a powerful human magnet. but she's not short of good friends. she has hitomi and sayaka as friends and classmates. they walk to school, eat lunch, and always group together. their seating arrangements are also near to each other. is this because of loneliness? the fear of being left alone? probably. but the lyrics of the song doesn't fit well in this situation.

well, i see homura to be more fitting considering we all know how lonely she is. ironically, i actually hope i'm wrong here. but my limited understanding of the lyrics tells otherwise.

firstly, the supposedly madoka's character song's entitled "mata ashita" was mentioned by homura in the drama cd - and she alone. homura said this before parting ways with madoka, just like the suggested scenario in the song.

"Forcing myself to smile, yet I'm feeling lonely" - i don't see a good reason for madoka to force herself to smile. she's genuinely happy with her friends. when she and sayaka parted ways with hitomi in the cafe, in the mall or near the school lockers, there's no hint that she's forcing herself to smile.

but unlike homura, homura has more tendency to feel lonely when parting ways. we don't know of her family, if she even really has one (as she claimed in the drama cd). besides, it is only with madoka that she strongly bonded with, opened up with. homura is like a sponge all thirsty and dried up in the desert of loneliness. she'll likely absord the tiniest droplet of friendship and tresure it for the rest of her life. it's almost painful to be separated with someone who finally understands you even though you know you'll met them again tomorrow. and i think homura is likely to feel this sentimental than anyone else.

"The truth is, I still have more to talk about" - well this could really apply to both girls. for madoka, because she just revealed her secret. maybe she didn't tell everything she knew yet. she maybe wanted to spill out her heart about her new profession or regret about it. but this could apply to homura too. homura has a history of holding back. not only words but also her emotions. so it will be no surprise if she's the one being referred to as lying to herself "I say we'll meet again, but it's a lie."

now for the full lyrics: "I'm pretending that I'm used to being alone" - well, this line fits homura more than madoka. homura was always alone. she has no family, no sayaka, no hitomi, no mami, nobody. madoka on the other hand is surrounded by happiness.

"I'll stay for a little longer"/I wanted and hoped that you would realize it - well, i don't remember madoka holding back at all. if she has something to say, she says it. homura on the other hand, is no stranger in this field. thousands of thoughts are running inside homura's mind.

I lie to myself again/And hide my true feelings beneath my usual smile - guess who is the one hiding her true feelings here? i'm inclined to believe it is more of homura. i'm only uncertain about the "usual smile." homura doesn't smile too often. so i'm not really sure of what is that usual smile. is it a smile of uneasiness? or a polite smile of bidding good byes?

in all fairness, madoka partly mentioned the very first few characters of the song "ja mata ne" to homura in the drama cd.

just like i said above, i hope i'm entirely wrong in my analysis, and i'm not going to stand a defense here, just sharing my insights to why i feel the song is more homu-filled than mado-filled.

then why on earth madoka had to sing it? uhmm... interesting question and i can't answer it myself. maybe another misdirection, just like the archer theory when madoka and homura were supposedly one?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 03:53   Link #228
sa547
*Author

OMG, I approve of this guy's total remix of the OP:
http://maltinerecords.cs8.biz/91.html

Old 2011-05-05, 04:02   Link #229
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
When are the character songs will be out?
Madoka's is included with the first BD volume. Sayaka's and Mami's can be heard here:

(It's a joke. Sayaka and Cure Berry have the same seiyuu. Mami and Cure Pine have other things in common.)
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:46   Link #230
Snork
Twilight lander

I wonder if Sayaka's character song is going to be merry or sad...
Old 2011-05-05, 21:44   Link #231
sa547
*Author

Lucky fans in LA will soon get a chance to see Kalafina LIVE:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...me-expo-in-l.a

F'N A!
Old 2011-05-06, 18:13   Link #232
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Sorry if it's been posted before,but I think I found what they should use as an ED in case they ever make that slice of life spinoff

Old 2011-05-06, 18:51   Link #233
Akashin

For the most part that sounded great; only problem was that my mind kept playing the vocals over the music and, well, they don't go together so well. <_<;
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 11:43   Link #234
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Here's a simple Madoka Magica game with background music.
It uses background music from the anime, so maybe it's ok to post here.

http://www.geocities.jp/meteosfaulte...omagi_wars.htm

Choose a puella magi, choose a witch / or Kyubey.
a and d keyboard letters are for moving left and right.
Mouse is for shooting.

H.N Elly is the first witch that I fought, it's fun fighting her though I got killed.
Sorry if this game has been posted before (or I posted in wrong place).
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 17:28   Link #235
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
It's a joke.
Jokes are a lot less funny when they have to be explained.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 18:41   Link #236
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Probably the best piano rendition of Connect I've heard so far.

ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 02:37   Link #237
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i can't wait for the OST!!! <3

btw, i love the analyses on madoka's character song although i am more inclined that, despite it being,well, madoka's song, i see it more in homura's perspective.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:44   Link #238
BlueWitch
In two worlds

Technically the first official release of the soundtrack from vol 1 of the madoka DVD, beautiful as expected~ loops around though.
Old 2011-05-14, 10:18   Link #239
Shadow5YA

I did not expect that piece to be Kyubey's song.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 11:26   Link #240
Akashin

Neither did I; that really caught me off guard, though now that I think about it, it makes sense. Still an awesome piece though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote