AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 18:11   Link #721
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The dude probably got fired and is trying to stir up shit in revenge. I've seen this sort of behaviour before.

They've been hyping this project for half a year... there's no way something like that could be as terrible as he's claiming it is. The publishers wouldn't let it happen.
No, there have been rumors and accusations flying about this specific studio for a while now. This is not the first. There was one soon after P4 was announced and another one July-ish. I don't remember specifically what else has been claimed off the top of my head but it's always been the equivalent of "They are running an animation sweatshop and treating the animators like slaves."
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:17   Link #722
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They've been hyping this project for half a year... there's no way something like that could be as terrible as he's claiming it is. The publishers wouldn't let it happen.
Hype and quality don't necessarily go hand in hand. I'm sure the investors expect a hit and have prepared a marketing arsenal to secure one, but production can unexpectedly spiral out of control (the onus is on the director and anime studio to deliver). Backing out after purchasing time slots is rare, and producers are known to go ahead with launches even under bad circumstances.

That said, "terrible" may well be an exaggeration. We'll see.

Quote:
I suppose there's a possibility there's a grain of truth in what he said.
I don't doubt there are production issues. As I've read elsewhere, the staff list for episode one shows potential cracks.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83.A1.EF.BC.89

I wouldn't read too much into the number of animation directors, but four storyboarders on the first episode is particularly unusual. Generally, one person develops a storyboard over three weeks (with feedback from the episode and series directors). However, they seem to have divided the task among multiple people, possibly to reduce the required time and push the episode into production. Presumably, a brutal animation process follows in order to meet the schedule.

Not a good sign when first episodes tend to receive the most time and care.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 19:06   Link #723
rpgman1

This is just too funny. I remember someone else doing a P4 comic as well. It's just entertaining and funny to read. I wouldn't have any high expectations anyway with P4 since most video game to anime adaptations are usually either okay or terrible.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 19:15   Link #724
potchip

Have not played the game I must say the first episode is average because many elements do not connect with me. Aside from the supernatural end which sort of generates 'some' interest, and the main character's grin perhaps. None of the interactions before that are particularly original, dialogues are average without being snappy, and at times very randomly cliche.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:38   Link #725
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact I loved P4 the actual game, I would've probably been close to dropping the anime with the first episode. The quality was poor, the pacing was slow, and the art direction was awkward. The start of P4 (and P3) were slow to portray the feeling of "normal but not normal" to the gamer. In a game it's okay because we can go through the slow bits quickly, but for an anime the first episode needs to grab attention, and for that P4 failed. Most of the episode was dull and only the very last bit was interesting (also one of the best scene in the entire game, imo). I think they would've benefited by starting the anime in action, possibly with Yousuke's "part" and do the first bit via fragmented flashbacks or monologue from the MC. Not only will that eliminate the need to change when MC really discovered his powers, it also would've grab the attention of the audience (the new ones) a lot quicker.

With that said, some parts of the first episode was so faithful to the game it was nothing short of awesome despite "nothing really happened", and that's the problem...if you didn't play the game, those little details means nothing.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:25   Link #726
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Welp, that's this season a total bust (AGE and Noitamana dependent)
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 04:50   Link #727
Chase

The first episode was so so, at times it was interesting and at others it almost made me want to stop the video out of boredom. Kind of disappointed with what i saw the first episode. Some of the characters look like the walking dead or something.
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-10-09 at 05:17.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:32   Link #728
ookamigirl

A new transfer student to a weird, quiet little town...
Well, at least the characters were having fun ^^"
Strange murders, baffled police, getting sucked in by the TV, alternate worlds...
Will be watching it! Awesome! ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:46   Link #729
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Episode 1 : OMG ! "Yaranaika" during Izanagi ?!

Now--- If summoning Persona really needed to unbuttoning your clothes ....
I can't wait for each Yukiko, Rise, and Naoto. LOL.

Can somebody tell me if this is true ?

Quote:
Q: So I heard the P4 anime is having problems Can /a/ explain?

A : animators being abused

Animators whining.

Late paychecks, getting bullied and rushed by their AD and Jun Arai said episode 2 isn't worth the watch.

Ep 1 was already QUALITY, sunburns, inconsistent art and awful pacing as it is.

director touched the animators in their special place

The animators aren't being treated right so they're letting the quality suffer. How shit.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:59   Link #730
Westlo
Lets be reality

We'll find out soon enough.. and even though I thought Episode 1 was mediocrity personified and it seems Episode 2 and 3 are production trainwrecks... Persona is still the King of the season when it comes to Amazon preorder rankings, even outdoing Hagani which has a massive light novel fanbase and just got solicited a few days ago. (And yes I know Hagani filled most of the top ten a few days ago, it just got solicited and LN fans ordered the shit out of it, of course it was going to do that, Steins;Gate did the exact same thing except it happened months before it started airing)

Fall 2011 BDs on Amazon Jp Top 100

#3 Persona 4 BD Vol 1
#7 Hagani BD Vol 1
#14 Persona 4 BD Vol 2
#20 Persona 4 BD Vol 3
#21 Working 2 BD Vol 2 (was solicited quite recently unlike Vol 1, hence higher)
#22 Hagani BD Vol 2
#24 Hagani BD Vol 3
#25 Hagani BD Vol 6
#26 Hagani BD Vol 4
#27 Hagani BD Vol 5
#28 Working 2 BD Vol 1
#38 Horizon BD Vol 1
#68 Persona 4 DVD Vol 1 (To compare to Hagani, #365 Hagani DVD Vol 1)
#73 Horizon BD Vol 2
#78 Horizon BD Vol 3
#82 Horizon BD Vol 4
#88 Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! BD Vol 1
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 10:40   Link #731
KRegnard

It's ironic how some adaptations are slammed for being unfaithful to source material, and when Persona 4's anime is mostly faithful, it is criticised for being sporadic and rushed, albeit being faithful. Having played the game, I must say that the first episode was exactly how things played out in the game, except the portion in the television, and random exploration around Inaba. Perhaps more could have been done to ensure smooth translation from game to video, guess it's hard to please everyone.

While faithful in terms of the scenes played out in Episode 1, there is a change in direction, perhaps for the good I suppose. From what i gather in Episode 1, the main character becomes more emotive after awakening to his Persona, hence the bad-ass impression the game-version seems to give most viewers who gripe over his meekness. In any case, only time will tell, we'll have to watch the following episode to confirm my hypothesis.
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:17   Link #732
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
No, there have been rumors and accusations flying about this specific studio for a while now. This is not the first. There was one soon after P4 was announced and another one July-ish. I don't remember specifically what else has been claimed off the top of my head but it's always been the equivalent of "They are running an animation sweatshop and treating the animators like slaves."
so this rumor is supposed to affect the other animes Aic is doing this season?
Old 2011-10-09, 14:08   Link #733
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
It's ironic how some adaptations are slammed for being unfaithful to source material, and when Persona 4's anime is mostly faithful, it is criticised for being sporadic and rushed, albeit being faithful. Having played the game, I must say that the first episode was exactly how things played out in the game, except the portion in the television, and random exploration around Inaba. Perhaps more could have been done to ensure smooth translation from game to video, guess it's hard to please everyone.

While faithful in terms of the scenes played out in Episode 1, there is a change in direction, perhaps for the good I suppose. From what i gather in Episode 1, the main character becomes more emotive after awakening to his Persona, hence the bad-ass impression the game-version seems to give most viewers who gripe over his meekness. In any case, only time will tell, we'll have to watch the following episode to confirm my hypothesis.
Well I'm glad that if not everyone is going to be happy then at least they did the adaptation this way. Hopefully pacing improves, but if they can keep the rest staying like that it should be a good series.

Have to say those are hilarious enemies to start off with in a series. Getting chased around by weird heads with large tongues...That'll get you a few strange nightmares.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:15   Link #734
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
This is just too funny. I remember someone else doing a P4 comic as well. It's just entertaining and funny to read. I wouldn't have any high expectations anyway with P4 since most video game to anime adaptations are usually either okay or terrible.
I though Tale of the Abyss did the adaption pretty well.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:51   Link #735
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I think so too, although some didn't. You can't please everyone. If this episode took it slowly the people would say how it was boring and that nothing happened in it except that it showed a main character transferring to new school.
Old 2011-10-09, 16:55   Link #736
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Maybe, but I feel that it didn't capture the feel of the game like what Persona 4 did.

And by 'feel' I mean the little aesthetic things that doesn't affect the story, but still make people smirk when they see it. For example the calendar change.

(Note that I didn't play neither Abyss nor P4, but I'm familiar with the Tales series and P3P)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 18:05   Link #737
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I lol'd at the news with the girl being interviewed, her voice was altered but way too much XD
Old 2011-10-09, 18:43   Link #738
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
so this rumor is supposed to affect the other animes Aic is doing this season?
... and that would be different from any job... how exactly? have you heard the term "wage slavery", it's just that in some nominally populist countries it's worse than in some free ones

Now since Valkyria is brought up as a comparison, let me put it this way, P4 anime is way more faithful, than the american localization of Valkyria, and thankfully, unlike Atlus USofA, they did not force their crappy VAs unto us
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 20:30   Link #739
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Your mileage may vary.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:41   Link #740
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and that would be different from any job... how exactly? have you heard the term "wage slavery", it's just that in some nominally populist countries it's worse than in some free ones
sorry english isnt my native lenguage, and after cracking my head for several minutes i realized i have no idea what this means, so thats a yes or a no?

Last edited by zeniselv; 2011-10-09 at 22:20.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy