AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-11-23, 16:21   Link #21
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaMz
That Queen Millenia, looks totally like Galaxy Express 999 and Starzingers...
BTW, Starzinger ever licensed?
I'm not familiar with Starzingers, but Queen Millennia looks like Galaxy Express 999 because both were created by Leiji Matsumoto. This is why the blonde from Queen Millennia (Yaoi) looks like the blonde from GE999 (Maetel).

BTW, Queen Millennia was shown on american TV in the 80's, when some genius combined 2 different series of Matsumoto Creations (Space Pirate Captain Harlock and Queen Millennia) to show it on american TV as Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years.

8 episodes of Queen Millennia (or The Millennial Queen) were fansubbed on tape by Garasu no Bara Productions (http://www.destinyofroses.org/glass/Projects.html). You can see poor quality .rm video files of it if you have a streamload account asking at Queen Millennia Distribution Page (http://go.to/queenmillennia)
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 16:21   Link #22
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Hey, Tonde Buurin looks like a winner! :P

Heck, a lot of those look interesting just from the pic.

Mama is a 4th Grader? WTF!
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 18:18   Link #23
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Now all we have to do is wait for a fansub group to do these shows. Sadly I think it is very unilikely that they will ever get subbed.

Why is is that everyone wants to be the latest naruto subber? Wouldn't it be better to be know as the group that subbed the awesome old school series?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 18:45   Link #24
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
Hey, Tonde Buurin looks like a winner! :P

Heck, a lot of those look interesting just from the pic.
Heh, saw that series dubbed on a Polan channel...
Really funny, to bad I didn't understand Polan...
TaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 18:54   Link #25
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Now all we have to do is wait for a fansub group to do these shows. Sadly I think it is very unilikely that they will ever get subbed.

Why is is that everyone wants to be the latest naruto subber? Wouldn't it be better to be know as the group that subbed the awesome old school series?
Naruto gets 50000 downloads.... sadly, people care more about being most downloaded than actually doing it right.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 21:21   Link #26
sonar

There's that, and the availability of getting the raw. Getting a naruto raw is ridiculously easy as opposed to finding an obscure 10 year old anime :P. Perhaps if someone had the raws a group may consider it, but otherwise it's too much of a hassle.
sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 22:01   Link #27
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar
There's that, and the availability of getting the raw. Getting a naruto raw is ridiculously easy as opposed to finding an obscure 10 year old anime :P. Perhaps if someone had the raws a group may consider it, but otherwise it's too much of a hassle.
Raw availability isn't really a issue unless there was only VHS release for the show. LD/DVD rips are readily available on P2P networks although they take more time to obtain.

Vanity is actually the problem here. Many fansub groups are not actually promoting anime now. They are doing it for fame. Thus the naruto subbing.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 23:14   Link #28
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Raw availability isn't really a issue unless there was only VHS release for the show. LD/DVD rips are readily available on P2P networks although they take more time to obtain.

Vanity is actually the problem here. Many fansub groups are not actually promoting anime now. They are doing it for fame. Thus the naruto subbing.
It was the same way with Love Hina. It's sad. I hope nobody else starts subbing OVA3, because 1 is enough, 2 is a crowd, 3 is too many, 4 would be overkill. :P
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 23:24   Link #29
bayoab

Quote:

Well... subbers usually prefer series that have easily obtainable raws and...

Availability of raw = stingyness of person with medium x availability of medium x age of medium x interest in medium by capturers (for tv shows)....

Examples
Naruto: a) lots of people capture it b) its openly shared c) its brand new d) vanity + popularity in japan = mass subbing

Atashinchi: a) not many capture it b) not very widely shared, lots of trading required c) brand new, but not widely captured d) takes a lot of work to get raw... = nobody subs it
Old 2003-11-23, 23:35   Link #30
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
I just like to state that L-E has plans to release subbed eps of the original Galaxy Express 999 TV series after Galaxy Railways is done (assuming it ends at a reasonable episode.)

We've already begun work on it and I own the DVDs

-Tofu

But we're not gonna tack on any more projects until we finish some of the current ones :P
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 23:36   Link #31
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Atashinchi: a) not many capture it b) not very widely shared, lots of trading required c) brand new, but not widely captured d) takes a lot of work to get raw... = nobody subs it
It does require extra effort to acquire raw but I thought that's why we need fansubbers because they are willing to do extra to promote anime.

But maybe that's just my utopian thought.

IMO, japanese people spent more time on non-trading p2p network now. Recently I was helping a group obtaining some old LD rips of a 10 years old show and I had pretty good results on winny which requires absolute zero trading (well, you can't trade with winny anyways).
Old 2003-11-23, 23:39   Link #32
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
I just like to state that L-E has plans to release subbed eps of the original Galaxy Express 999 TV series after Galaxy Railways is done (assuming it ends at a reasonable episode.)

-Tofu

But we're not gonna tack on any more projects until we finish some of the current ones :P
That's really cool. I always wanted to watch GE999 but didn't get the chance to when I was a kid. I'm grateful that the folks at L-E are willing to sub some old school anime that will never see the light in US. Thanks again for your efforts!
Old 2003-11-24, 00:05   Link #33
Digital-Kitty
Evil Supreme Kitty

I know there is a great group working on Dream Hunter Rem actually.

Personally, I liked what I saw of Tonde Buurin. Its a pretty interesting show. A real twist on a mahou shoujo I wish someone would pick it up. Unfortently, Im too tapped out on resources to get it myself.
Digital-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 00:26   Link #34
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
I have subs of Tonde Buurin :X

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 00:40   Link #35
Digital-Kitty
Evil Supreme Kitty

I used to have some RM rips of Tonde Buurin fansubs (I cant find them now if I do have them). Damn, I kinda miss them.

Something I would like to see fansubbed is Warau Salesman. I would see to fansubbing it myself if I could find the rest of the raws. I got LDs 2-3 as random purchases but have never managed to find anymore Damn, I just get a kick out of watching the raw eps alone. Oh, and also the Alice in Wonderland anime.
Digital-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 01:04   Link #36
bayoab

Quote:
It does require extra effort to acquire raw but I thought that's why we need fansubbers because they are willing to do extra to promote anime.

But maybe that's just my utopian thought.
Not everything is easily available, it took an arm and a leg to get all of the kogepan raws.

On topic: shows i want to see subbed:
1.shin megami tensei devil children (hope i got that name right) (Devil shin chi, the original series with fairy fore op/ed)

2. sazae-san, SOMEONE DO IT DAMNIT!!!

3. atashinchi (someone needs to continue this)

ill add more later...
Old 2003-11-24, 01:39   Link #37
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei

-Tofu

w00t. XD L-E is my favorite fansubbing group~ ^-^ I can't wait. L-E does so many great series.

I would like to see any old-school stuff fansubbed.~ I've always been a fan of older anime for some reason. xD I'm really tired of like 5 million groups all focusing on one series though. It's kind of ridiculous.. .:shrugs:. If I ever got into fansubbing, I'd sub some of the less popular stuff. I seem to always like a lot of the less popular stuff too. ^^; I actually tend to avoid anime that have so many groups doing them.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 01:41   Link #38
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Hm.. I remember watching an episode or two of Tonde Buurin a long time ago. I think the episodes were raw though. ^^; Bad quality RM files. lol. Yeah. It looked like a fun series though. I'd like to see it subbed.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 09:26   Link #39
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Well, I'd particularly like to push Ashita no Joe, Ashita no Joe 2, and A Dog of Flanders(TV series, not the movie). Everything else I can think of has already been said.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 09:51   Link #40
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Why the hell no one suggest Mysterious Cities of Gold? It's a good anime, and it was a mass sucess on Europe back in the late 80's...

Any group interrerested in subbing this, contact me, since I have the script translated up to episode 5
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote