AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-02, 04:18   Link #1701
marvelB

Unfortunate news, guys.... looks like the series is on break this week since the author is out sick. We'll have to wait until next week for more zany food adventures, I'm afraid. Get well soon, Shimabukuro!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 08:41   Link #1702
Breimn

So here is reason why it still was not out. What a shame, lets hope he gets better soon.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 14:35   Link #1703
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can't do anything in the case of an illness but wish the mangaka to get well soon...although I think that after OP's double breaks I'm immune to hiatus rage now :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 05:08   Link #1704
marvelB

Author was out sick last week, but now the series is back on track:

Spoiler for 330:
Old 2015-07-15, 08:22   Link #1705
marvelB

No comments on last week's chapter.... oh well. Anyway, this week's came out a bit earlier than usual!

And.... a creepy old guy tries to rape Komatsu in his sleep.
Old 2015-07-15, 10:58   Link #1706
ellifeedn
Thinker

Yeah, that scene was creepy.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 14:33   Link #1707
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oh, that was no rape, no sir. That goes beyond disturbing and into creepy as fuck territory. Do you think Komatsu only dreamed of it, after all the mask and soul talk? If soul cooking is the next level a cook must reach, this could even be a power-up for the already OP Komatsu! ...or he could be forced to travel to the back world before the other, who knows? It would be a "rescue Komatsu" arc :P
Old 2015-07-23, 09:55   Link #1708
marvelB

Hey guys, 332 is out! Quite an interesting chapter, too..... we get a scene of the 10-Shell Five's interactions with each other (where they mention Ichiryuu visiting Blue Grill long ago), and the human world chefs get ready to take part in the cooking competition. Meanwhile, Komatsu learns of Chako's situation and the dark secrets of Blue Grill. Seems like he's gonna set off on a rescue mission next chapter....!!!
Old 2015-07-23, 11:18   Link #1709
ChuckE
Provoker

Ichiryuu was everywhere
Old 2015-07-23, 11:21   Link #1710
ellifeedn
Thinker

One thing I don't understand is how replacing a person's soul will improve the body. I mean, I guess Gourmet cells have to do with it, but I thought they were physical phenomena.
Old 2015-07-24, 01:57   Link #1711
marvelB

^Maybe it's a matter of compatibility? Like maybe you can't just stuff any old soul into any old body. Rather, the best "match" needs to be made to bring out the maximum potential of both body and soul, or something like that.
Old 2015-07-30, 07:28   Link #1712
marvelB

Okay, 333 is out, and it's a pretty fun chapter, too! The cooking competition starts off quite interestingly..... what with the use of extinct ingredients and all. It's also cool to see human world chefs aside from Komatsu getting a moment in the limelight for a change. And at least one of the 10-Shell Five knows not to take their opponents likely....
Old 2015-07-30, 09:05   Link #1713
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, these guys can all hear the voice of ingredients...and Condor Window is over 3,000 years old!?

...Yuda's awesome mustache will win this fight, it has held strong for 124 years already!!! Oh, making the leafish carnivorous was a clever twist.
Old 2015-08-06, 11:59   Link #1714
marvelB

Wha.... no comment on the new chapter!? But it's so awesome!

So Yuda shows off his experience as a medicinal chef, and we get a flashback of his past. I also thought it was neat to show that a top-class chef doesn't necessarily need a full course full of high-level ingredients. Looks like Condor Window's arrogance cost him dearly....
Old 2015-08-06, 14:21   Link #1715
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hey, gotta get back from work first! Nice chapter, I like Yuda's full course menu and the story behind it...as well as him slowly cooking like a bawss, side characters like him tend to only serve as measuring sticks once their turn is over - I'm glad it's not the case here.

For a 3,000 year-old chef, Condor was defeated rather fast.
Old 2015-08-06, 17:51   Link #1716
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So Yuda shows off his experience as a medicinal chef, and we get a flashback of his past. I also thought it was neat to show that a top-class chef doesn't necessarily need a full course full of high-level ingredients. Looks like Condor Window's arrogance cost him dearly....
I agree, full course menus don't always need the most exuberant ingredients. I really like this chapter.
Old 2015-08-19, 20:02   Link #1717
bakato

Chapter's out early! And what a chapter it is. Our heroes encounter the other 5 kings and I think the guy on the last page is Acacia looking worse for wear. I wonder if he took out the dragon king?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 21:03   Link #1718
marvelB

Whoa, early chapter is a nice surprise! Anyway, while it's interesting to see the rest of the kings (I actually like the design of that deer king the best, BTW), I'm actually more interested in seeing the rest of the Blue Grill cooking competition. Because like I said before, it's nice to see some focus on other elite chefs aside from Komatsu once in a while.
Old 2015-08-20, 00:51   Link #1719
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From cooking contests to straight into huge monster battles. Yup, it's definitely Toriko.
Old 2015-08-20, 02:31   Link #1720
Takeshi senpai

Personally I rather have an insect king since a deer just seems like a repeat of the horse king.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen