AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-05, 08:10   Link #1
NeoSam

GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

The seinen moe 4-panel manga GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class by Kiyuzuki Satoko will be getting animated.

GA 芸術科アートデザインクラス
GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

The manga is currently serialized in the seinen moe 4-panel manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:
Spoiler:

Mangaka: Kiyuzuki Satoko

Genre: Seinen
Old 2009-04-15, 16:54   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like the manga for this has already been licensed (and released!) in the USA. I do believe I have some purchasing to do.

Also, the main voice cast:

Kisaragi: Haruka Tomatsu
Kyooju: Kaori Nazuka
Tomokane: Miyuki Sawashiro
Namiko-san: Yui Horie
Nodamiki: Ai Tokunaga

This looks to be the official website: http://mv.avex.jp/ga/, just that there's nothing actually there yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 15:03   Link #3
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This looks to be the official website: http://mv.avex.jp/ga/, just that there's nothing actually there yet.
I wonder how long it's going to take for that to be something aside from a 404 error... I have to admit I'm starting to get a bit worried about the lack of a working site for the show.

In any case, assuming that this truly is a Summer 09 series, it's likely to be my most anticipated title of the Summer 09 season. 4 Koma + Female Art Students + Anime Adaptation= I need to watch. Also I enjoyed the first volume of the manga.
Old 2009-05-12, 16:37   Link #4
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Miyuki Sawashiro in a moe series. 'Nuff said. Can anyone tell me which girl is Tomokane? *hopes it's the long haired deadpan girl or the meganekko*
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 16:50   Link #5
Midonin
Last Engage

Tomokane's the boyish one with the spiky hair. The long-haired deadpan one is Professor (Kyoju) and the girl with the glasses is Kisaragi. Long as I'm at it, Nodamiki is the pink-haired girl (also, my favorite of the girls. Fun personified.) and Namiko's the one who's not any of the above.
Old 2009-05-14, 09:29   Link #6
Falkor

Quote:
Looks like the manga for this has already been licensed (and released!) in the USA. I do believe I have some purchasing to do.

Also, the main voice cast:

Kisaragi: Haruka Tomatsu
Kyooju: Kaori Nazuka
Tomokane: Miyuki Sawashiro
Namiko-san: Yui Horie
Nodamiki: Ai Tokunaga

You are not the only one who has some purchasing to do...

The seiyuu cast looks awesome, seriously... can't say much for Ai Tokunaga; but having Haruka Tomatsu, Kaori Nazuka, Miyuki Sawashiro, and Yui Horie in one single show is absolutely a must-watch.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 13:51   Link #7
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I wonder how long it's going to take for that to be something aside from a 404 error... I have to admit I'm starting to get a bit worried about the lack of a working site for the show.
It's a 403 error now. That's not a huge step forward, but hopefully the site will go up soon.
Old 2009-06-02, 14:07   Link #8
Midonin
Last Engage

Now we've got something resembling substantial info on the anime. The start date will be 7/6 (a Monday show, nice for starting off the week) at some time unknown. Now to continue the wait for that Avex site to launch...
Old 2009-06-03, 07:31   Link #9
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Now we've got something resembling substantial info on the anime. The start date will be 7/6 (a Monday show, nice for starting off the week) at some time unknown. Now to continue the wait for that Avex site to launch...
Ah, so that means July 6th has potential to be an awesome day. I'm also waiting on the site.
Old 2009-06-04, 04:28   Link #10
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

Oh? So its airdate is 07/06? Cool~

This is actually one of the things in my watchlist. I don't know why but I have to have my slice-of-life shows X3
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 11:09   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

Huzzah! The website's finally open.
Old 2009-06-06, 15:18   Link #12
Falkor

I've purchased the first volume of the manga just a few days ago (though the shipping/delivery might take a while).

and finally, the website has been opened. The character designs look a bit odd, but maybe it's just something to get used to.

can't wait to read the manga once it arrives. this is one of the few shows I'm looking forward the most for the summer season.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 20:55   Link #13
Kudryavka

Looks interesting. I'll have to pick up the manga sometime soon. And watch the anime, of course.
And is the whole main cast girls?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:01   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Interesting art style... they almost all that "I might be totally insane" look in the eyes.
Old 2009-06-10, 05:53   Link #15
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Huzzah! The website's finally open.
Ah, yes, finally! Now it's just a matter of waiting and hoping for more content to be added. I'd like some sort of trailer to be posted. A character page as well. Stuff along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
And is the whole main cast girls?
Depends on how you define "main". The primary five are definitely girls. However in at least one of the strips a male character did appear. Although he was more of an extra used for a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Interesting art style... they almost all that "I might be totally insane" look in the eyes.
I definitely like the look of the girls. It's close enough to the manga for my tastes. As for the look in their eyes. Clearly that's there to make people hesitate to criticize them. For fear that they may snap. *Is lying*
Old 2009-06-10, 15:50   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh.... Yen Press has this in english translation and with the full color pages apparently. One volume out and the second due in November.

Off to the bookstore!
Old 2009-06-13, 12:31   Link #17
Midonin
Last Engage

It's not much (and it's filmed from a camera), but a PV has been found. The song in the background has nothing to do with the show, it was just put there by whoever uploaded it.

That said, the show looks like it has plenty of spirit. Gumption. Gusto. Other fancy synonyms that I could use to appear like an inspirational sports coach. I'm especially pleased that some of the clips were from the "Color Rangers" segment. I can always appreciate some old-fashioned color-coded superheroics.
Old 2009-06-13, 14:19   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
It's not much (and it's filmed from a camera), but a PV has been found. The song in the background has nothing to do with the show, it was just put there by whoever uploaded it....
For those with no nicovideo account, the preview is also on YouTube, but with only the wild sound from the event where it was playing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 00:49   Link #19
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For those with no nicovideo account, the preview is also on YouTube, but with only the wild sound from the event where it was playing.
You don't even need an account to watch the video. Just click the "大百科で調べる" on the NicoNico page.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 01:05   Link #20
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
It's not much (and it's filmed from a camera), but a PV has been found. The song in the background has nothing to do with the show, it was just put there by whoever uploaded it.
Ah, I saw that version on youtube before it was taken down... As for the song, I wonder what's actually from. It seems to fit rather well with the trailer, regardless.

Quote:
I'm especially pleased that some of the clips were from the "Color Rangers" segment. I can always appreciate some old-fashioned color-coded superheroics.
The "Color Rangers" segment of the manga was quite amusing. Thus being able to see it in animated form and in color will be quite interesting.

Tags
manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life