AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-14, 07:18   Link #81
lordshadowisle

Spoiler for FINAL DRAFT:

Origin Story, at 1499 words.
Old 2011-02-15, 03:10   Link #82
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Many thanks to all the entries! We'll now enter the voting phase; I'll upload the first post and include the entries under it.
Old 2011-02-15, 13:11   Link #83
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Voting is not done in another thread?
Old 2011-02-15, 14:21   Link #84
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Nope, if I can save the mods and admins some time by editing this thread instead of making a completely new one, I will.
Old 2011-02-15, 14:23   Link #85
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Nope, if I can save the mods and admins some time by editing this thread instead of making a completely new one, I will.
Save time? How exactly is it saving time? Just do another thread; this is confusing.
Old 2011-02-15, 14:31   Link #86
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Because they won't have to filter though and close 2+ topics a month when one will do. What exactly is it that's confusing you? I can probably fix it, but I fail to see the point of making another thread; I'll just copy/paste what I did in the first post anyways.
Old 2011-02-15, 15:05   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Because they won't have to filter though and close 2+ topics a month when one will do. What exactly is it that's confusing you? I can probably fix it, but I fail to see the point of making another thread; I'll just copy/paste what I did in the first post anyways.
Why do you think thread hijacking is bad? :P Going though two threads is easy compared to changing the name every month. Also by just randomly changing the topic you make our previous posts OT. It's all confusing and unnecessary.

If you want, we can just have 1 entry thread for all time; but voting should be separate.
Old 2011-02-15, 15:08   Link #88
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
changing the name every month.
Whoa, now hold on there I understand your point here, but from the start I planned to do it this way. Notice how the SOTM threads include the words: "Entry Thread" and "Voting Thread". I left those out so I could edit between them without making your other posts obsolete. The mods only need to close this one topic at the end of each month.
Old 2011-02-15, 15:19   Link #89
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The thing about closing threads. That's just something Solace does (because he's a mod), it's not necessary; actually it's annoying, particularly in our case — nothing wrong with post-contest feedback and comments on our writing.

Anyway, my opinion this approach is bad; but it's your call. Should be interesting to see how it works.
Old 2011-02-15, 19:02   Link #90
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
That's a little odd. If I'm assuming correctly, we just post our entries and the audience votes in this thread, keeping it all neat and tidy. When the next month rolls around, there will be a new topic. Sounds like standard operating procedure.

Anyway, for the sake of the voting public (who I implore to vote for me, of course!), how many votes can a single person make?
Old 2011-02-15, 21:43   Link #91
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The thing about closing threads. That's just something Solace does (because he's a mod), it's not necessary; actually it's annoying, particularly in our case — nothing wrong with post-contest feedback and comments on our writing.

Anyway, my opinion this approach is bad; but it's your call. Should be interesting to see how it works.
Actually, I talked with Daniel E. and we're supposed to request to have them locked as new ones are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupimviet View Post
That's a little odd. If I'm assuming correctly, we just post our entries and the audience votes in this thread, keeping it all neat and tidy. When the next month rolls around, there will be a new topic. Sounds like standard operating procedure.

Anyway, for the sake of the voting public (who I implore to vote for me, of course!), how many votes can a single person make?
That's how it works. I edited the first post to mention this, but since we have a limited number of entries, we're taking one vote/person. (At least for this month.)
Old 2011-02-16, 10:34   Link #92
lordshadowisle

Quote:
For a week after the final entries have been submitted, all non-entrants may read over and vote on their favourite entry. Anybody who votes more than once will have all of their votes removed.
I'm not voting, but I'll like to clarify something. The phrasing suggests that entrants can't vote. If so, perhaps it would be clearer to state so explicitly; otherwise the redundant "non-entrants" be replaced with "everyone" instead.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:46   Link #93
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yes, you're correct. The entrants can't vote; definitely will make an edit about that.
Old 2011-02-19, 05:17   Link #94
The_Seth

So.... what's going on with this competition?

Im confused by your voting system as i was under the impression that voting was to start on the 15th of this month (yet to see anyone vote..), and i was also under the impression that you where going to make a seperate thread for voting (it seemed like a logical idea as that way the everyday anime suki reader can see when its voting time, they can see the months entries straight away without having to dig through the thread, and they can vote accordingly).

And it seems i can't even vote, so the only people who have read through this thread and know hows its suppose to be working can't even vote.

I'm not having a dig at you, i'm not trying to be offensive, i'm just trying to make sense of things here in my mind.
Old 2011-02-19, 05:28   Link #95
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I already told papermario above we're not mind readers; seems here really wants to try it out though.
Old 2011-02-19, 05:37   Link #96
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

MAJOR EDIT: Wrote an explanation and made a slight retort to the comment, but I asked a second admin and we have the green-light to make separate topics. Seems like we'll be able to swap between two separate topics without much trouble.

I'll have a new topic written up and uploaded immediately. That gives people just under a full week to vote. Apologies for not being able to kick off your suggestion right away felix, but I didn't really have a choice at the time.

Anyways, starting next month, we'll be able to follow the SOTM method closely; hopefully we'll have instant results.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-02-19 at 06:46.
Old 2011-02-19, 09:03   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wait… you were forbidden from creating a topic?
Old 2011-02-19, 12:43   Link #98
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wait… you were forbidden from creating a topic?
No no, not forbidden It was just "highly recommended" that I have one topic. I wish I still had the original PM but it's been a while since I received that; it's long gone.

I was fine with going either way for this but since this idea ran from a suggestion; I didn't want to go against anyone's word and have it shut down.

Tags
contest, emdas, writing