AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 00:05   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 566 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Iiiiit's-a spoiler time!

-Luffy is still fighting the admirals. Kizaru attacks him first, then Aokiji is ready to finish him off with an ice saber. However, Marco appears to save the young rookie from certain death.

-Meanwhile, Ace's execution is about to go underway. Surprisingly, Crocodile is the one to stop the executioners, still threatening to take Whitebeard's life. It then seems like he fights against Doflamingo (who slices off his head, amusingly enough).....

-Whitebeard's forces retreat to the bay. They use the Moby Dick's support ship to take refuge. It seems that Oars throws said support ship over the siege wall (judging from the pics, anyway). Whitebeard then creates a huge quake attack with his spear, which wipes out a bunch of marines. Garp and Sengoku then decide it's time for them to enter the fray.....

Oh boy, I was waiting to see those two legendary marines finally get into action. Can't wait to see what powers Sengoku has under his sleeve. It's pretty interesting to see that Crocodile of all people is the one to save Ace (gotta wonder why, though..... maybe because he has the slightest trace of respect for Whitebeard? Oh, and big lulz at how he shrugs off getting decapitated ). Marco saving Luffy from the admirals is no surprise to me. I'm guessing (and hoping) that Marco brought Squado with him as well, so maybe we can finally see what a New World captain is truly capable of.....

Man, the full chapter just can't get here soon enough......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-02 at 01:13.
Old 2009-12-02, 00:12   Link #2
james0246

^Another spoiler indicates that Garp claims that he will retire after the war concludes. The spoiler then goes on to claim that Garp starts fighting with Luffy, and Sengoku takes on Jinbei, Marco, and Ivankov (sounds a little too good to be true). Additionally, the Admirals do some serious damage to a variety of different characters.

All in all, some real interesting info; sounds like this will be another great chapter.
Old 2009-12-02, 00:23   Link #3
marvelB

^Yeah, I've edited my post to add in all the new stuff. So I guess Crocodile vs. Doflamingo is official, now. I'm still looking forward to Garp and Sengoku the most, though. Luffy still can't touch the admirals and yet he's pitted against his grandfather, who's powerful enough to be a fleet admiral.... yikes.

And I'm still hoping that Sengoku has a DF power that's related to Buddhism somehow, like a karma karma fruit. If he's facing against 3 powerful guys at once, then he's just gotta show off something insane......

Still, interesting that Jozu could take out that wall when Whitebeard couldn't. The diamond-man truly is one helluva monster.....

Edit: OH SNAP!

Spoiler for badassery:

S*** is goin' down, people.....

Even More Edit: Okay, so apparently, the second spoiler summary (the one with Jozu breaking the siege wall, Crocoboy giving the justice speech, Garp talking about retirement and his and Sengoku's matchups) turned out to be fake. So I have to further edit the summary now.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-02 at 00:55.
Old 2009-12-02, 00:59   Link #4
james0246

^Told you the spoiler with Sengoku and Garp (fighting) seemed a little too good to be true .
Old 2009-12-02, 01:02   Link #5
marvelB

^Yeah, that's true, I suppose. Still, seeing Whitebeard taking out all those marines like that is just.... wow. But it definitely looks like Sengoku is ready to kick some ass and take names, so that spoiler wasn't completely fake.....
Old 2009-12-02, 01:05   Link #6
james0246

^Of course not, there were pics to confirm the other info (and even more pics now ). It seems that it is Oars that get the black Moby past the wall...before being destroyed.
Old 2009-12-02, 01:18   Link #7
andy

Poor oars he really is big target he get hits so much thanks to his size. Marco saving luffy finally . WB being awesome again . Look like croc just save ace to piss off the marines . The last page with WB and his commanders look awesome .
Old 2009-12-02, 01:28   Link #8
marvelB

By the way, I find it highly amusing that Doflamingo tells Crocoboy that he's jealous because he thought that Croc chose to join Whitebeard's side instead of him. I guess Dofla really does like to whore himself out, huh?
Old 2009-12-02, 02:06   Link #9
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dam so much epicness each week. Thank you Oda!!!
Old 2009-12-02, 08:42   Link #10
SMASHERJACKSON

-sry-

next couple of chapters will be dam good, hopefully no more breaks, and my impression of crocodile greatly improved over this chapter.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-12-02 at 11:43.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:31   Link #11
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Wow things just keep escalating. I hope Croc comes out of this alive. Doflamingo... what's his deal? Luffy should thank his lucky stars that someone saved him, but we all knew that. Now, Sengoku preparing to get dirty is what i've been waiting for.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:46   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Actually I have the full script translated now.
Don't post it here though, it's against the rules.

And I request you delete that script from your post, SMASHERJACKSON.
Even if partial, it's a script and not a summary. It doesn't really belong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But it definitely looks like Sengoku is ready to kick some ass and take names, so that spoiler wasn't completely fake.....
The second spoiler was mocked up based on the information already given by Apprentice's spoiler.
So yes, it's completely fake, it was simply written with what's already confirmed, that's why those parts were the same.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:56   Link #13
PrototypeX2

I hope Sengoku has something really special for them unlike pure brute force of Garp....and for some reason Im expecting a weird telekinesis like devil fruit.What the hell
Old 2009-12-02, 10:15   Link #14
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Oh. Poor Oars, taken down again..he's most likely out of this battle now, but he played an important part in this war...I do hope he is still alive. This chapter was awesome. Croc vs Flamingo, WB uses his EQ power with his weapon, a black Moby dick & Marco deals with Ao Kiji. I totally love that spread at the end with all the commanders.
Old 2009-12-02, 11:06   Link #15
Rainbowman

People, let's resolve this real or fake situation so I could post my review on this chapter. I don't want to end up posting something that is fake. i.e.: < "Was that really fake?"
Old 2009-12-02, 11:10   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^There's no "issue" anymore.
The actual full chapter is out, verified, and translated already.
Old 2009-12-02, 11:12   Link #17
marvelB

Man, Oars made himself useful to the bitter end..... I gotta give props to the guy. I actually still wouldn't mind seeing the guy survive this war (though I still kinda wouldn't object to him becoming Moria's latest zombie puppet, either)......

Anyways, I notice that the (non-fodder) VAs and admirals withstood Whitebeard's spear shochwave. It definitely looks like we're getting to the final stretch of the war, now. And since Garp and Sengoku are now forced to get their hands dirty in battle once again, this truly turn into a most epic clash of the titans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The second spoiler was mocked up based on the information already given by Apprentice's spoiler.
So yes, it's completely fake, it was simply written with what's already confirmed, that's why those parts were the same.

Yeah, I thought it was odd when I read that Jozu managed to destroy the siege wall when Whitebeard couldn't. Those "half-fake" spoilers always get to me.....
Old 2009-12-02, 11:14   Link #18
Abyssinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^There's no "issue" anymore.
The actual full chapter is out, verified, and translated already.
and scanlated?
Old 2009-12-02, 11:16   Link #19
marvelB

^Only a low-quality cam pic RAW is out right now (which is pretty much unsuitable for scanlations). I don't think a better-quality chapter will come out until tomorrow.....
Old 2009-12-02, 11:34   Link #20
Rainbowman

Okay here's my review:

Quote:
-Luffy is still fighting the admirals. Kizaru attacks him first, then Aokiji is ready to finish him off with an ice saber. However, Marco appears to save the young rookie from certain death.
Somewhat disappointed that Akainu wasn't the one to try and finish Luffy off, but it at least proves that Luffy is still too weak to take on the Admirals since Macro saved him once again. I hope the part about Boa Hancock being angry at the Adimirals was fake. If not then I hope the Admirals would put her in her place in the next chapter.

Quote:
-Meanwhile, Ace's execution is about to go underway. Surprisingly, Crocodile is the one to stop the executioners, still threatening to take Whitebeard's life. It then seems like he fights against Doflamingo (who slices off his head, amusingly enough).....
I too find it surprising that Crocodile is the one to stop the executioners, but I wonder if Crocodile was going to kill Ace himself to get to Whitebeard? And I see Doflamingo is still miffed at Crocodile for turning him down.

Quote:
-Whitebeard's forces retreat to the bay. They use the Moby Dick's support ship to take refuge. It seems that Oars throws said support ship over the siege wall (judging from the pics, anyway). Whitebeard then creates a huge quake attack with his spear, which wipes out a bunch of marines. Garp and Sengoku then decide it's time for them to enter the fray.....
It seems we have reached the climax of this arc seeing as Garp and Sengoku are finally making their move.
Closed Thread