Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 05:35   Link #6381
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko mata View Post
It does..............
Can't get the animenetwork movies to work on my pc, but how is it compared to this fandub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxbnx...ture=related.?
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:24   Link #6382
Soji

I really enjoy read this post despite the length, you have brought interesting points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Oh well, back to the manga!

---

I always thought the Needless Hunt was a two-folded operation. First, it was used to intimidate all other Needless in the Blackspot to teach them not to mess with Simeon or they'd end up as a mutilated corpse. Secondly and this one is the more important one, is that Triple Six hired Simeon to do the Needless Hunt for them.
Now that you're mentioned, you're right that 666 is the one concerned about the needless hunt and I must admit I had not thought about the intimidating function of the Needless hunt.

Quote:
In Volume 1 (142-145) or Chapter 5 (middle), there's the conversation between Arclight and Ishiyama. From what it sounds like, Simeon is the only place where they can carry out the "canning" of Needless body parts but it sounds like Arclight isn't too interested in the whole process, which is why its behind schedule.
Simeon is probably the only place where they can be taken for the simple fact that it is in the Black Spot.
Which makes us understand that whatever the final outcome of the Needless hunt and its execution is against the law of the outside world ... so 666 decided to use simeon being in the black spot area with no rules also with Arclight that has no scruples at the head of the Simeon the Needless hunt can be done without any problems.

Quote:
Ishiyama only came out to Arclight to see if it was finished. It's also interesting to note that Arclight seems to be a little timid around Ishiyama. Because of those little tidbits of information, I see the true purpose of the Needless Hunt something that Triple Six is interested in. That would also explain why Saten was interested in the blood samples and not trying to hide it from everyone. After all, he did ask Setsuna to take Kurumi's body away, so it's something most of Simeon is aware of.
You're right was strange see Arcligth behavior like this against Ishiyama ,maybe he behave that way because Ishiyama was(and is the head from what I understand) the head of the Adam Progect also he probably just respects its clients (never thought to see Arcligth behave in that way before that ch)

Quote:
Now why would Triple Six want various body parts of Needlesses? Well, for one, I mentioned that they could make clones from the tissue samples they collect to 'retrieve' their fragments. But then what's the point of killing someone only to make a clone of them? I mean, Triple Six is already so advanced in their technology that they've created the two powerful Needless in Blackspot. Mind you, that they can't control them. So what would Triple Six's next plan be?

I'm going to guess that they've perfected the technology of injecting new fragments, not just Eden Cells, into living people. The Adam Project was able to inject Eden Cells into Ishiyama and have him survive. What's not to say they can't do that multiple times? After all, you look at Ishiyama and it seems he has more to him than his Memory Guard would suggest. He was able to vanish and stand perfectly fine upside-down on the ceiling and walk down the walls (certainly some directional fragment at work?). He was also able to effortlessly defeat Mio in a melee battle (and we know she's a skilled fighter). I don't really see how Memory Guard would have helped in either case. What's more is that Saten seems to have multiple fragments, too (and this is where things get controversial).

We all know about Saten's Fourth Wave, Fifth Wave, and Stigmata. However, there's been other times where he's been able to do things that seem like they're out of his character. When looking back at when Saten saved Setsuna from Blade, Blade's very first reaction was Saten's incredible speed. You'd think after fighting someone with a Speed fragment and having it yourself, you shouldn't be surprised at someone else's speed, as everyone else should be slow. The fact that it was the first thing Blade mentioned seems to indicate Saten has some sort of Speed boost. After all, Setsuna got pretty bloodied in that fight, so finding a blood sample wouldn't be hard. Secondly, at the end of the whole Uten-Teruyama fights, Saten is holding the vial of Uten's blood on top of a building. After a few comments to himself, he just up and disappears. Not only that but the building he was on also disappeared. Cruz notices the missing building but no one seems to care. I'm thinking Saten may have already obtained Uten's fragment and been able to use Bremuda Asport himself. Being a Stigmata, he should be able to use the fragment better than Uten and even be able to turn himself invisible. After all, he and the building simply vanish. It wasn't like he Fourth Waved the building because that would've made a lot of noise and given away his position.

Lastly, you're probably wondering how Saten would be able to use blood so quickly to obtain fragments. I'm guessing there might be something under his skin on his forehead or neck that has a Byakugou-like structure that can "memorize" fragments through blood. That might also explain the 'Adam-like' appearance Saten has.
Now this is an interesting theory.
Certainly would explain several things about Ishiyama and Saten.
Another thing I would say about Saten is how he stop Blade's punch to hit Sestuna.
If you look carefully at the picture it seems that some kind of force has stopped Blad esince Saten hand and Blade's fist have not come into contact at that time but itěs like if Blade was stopped by some kind of force (and I doubt the Fort wave can do something like that). Thinking back it was very similar to what happened soon afterwards, when Aruka try to kill Yamada a second time after Eve had brought him back to life.
Now if your theory hold truth and Saten really is a new type of Adam project or born in one of these experiments, I still wonder why someone like him is so interested in Yamada.
And one other thing that I wonder may be that Ishiyama really do not know anything about Yamada and what Saten make Eve do to Yamada ?
I hope that the next chapter will give us some information about this.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-02-10 at 09:26.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:03   Link #6383
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Can't get the animenetwork movies to work on my pc, but how is it compared to this fandub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxbnx...ture=related.?

I have to say the fan dub is better. They did a better job with Blade, Eve and Cruz voices. For some reason Eve in the official dub sound like she have a bit of a valley girl accent. Cruz had a some what girly voice, with got annoying after a while.Blade with wasn't really bad, but sounded like a pro wrestler at times.

And, i'm sorry if I confuse you;I couldn't think of a better way of putting how the voices are like.

Last edited by neko mata; 2011-02-10 at 16:46.
neko mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:11   Link #6384
Ynot

^ Lol, at the very least thanks for trying to explain Your descriptions certainly help. I was interested the most in whether you thought the fandub was better or not because imo the fandub wasn't all that bad and it makes for a good indicator.

In general I don't like dubs, but there was one German dub of "Case closed" which I like just as much as the original. It would've been nice if Needless were the second exception but alas...
Old 2011-02-12, 17:49   Link #6385
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
^ Lol, at the very least thanks for trying to explain Your descriptions certainly help. I was interested the most in whether you thought the fandub was better or not because imo the fandub wasn't all that bad and it makes for a good indicator.

In general I don't like dubs, but there was one German dub of "Case closed" which I like just as much as the original. It would've been nice if Needless were the second exception but alas...
well, i'm glade it helps.
And, I agree with you about dubs. There only a few dub animes I really like.
Old 2011-02-13, 19:06   Link #6386
Ynot

I took a photograph of the sideflaps of Needless ol12, featuring Voras and Mengroze. Here's hoping Voras' part isn't done yet and we'll see her again in a about a week.

Spoiler for needless:

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-02-13 at 19:49.
Old 2011-02-13, 19:39   Link #6387
Robotech Master

Quote:
I took a photograph of the sideflaps of the Needless vol12, featuring Voras and Mengroze. Here's hoping Voras' part isn't done yet and we'll see her again in a about a week.

Spoiler for needless:
I want to see her appear in the current timeline, even if her relationships are different due to Blade's memories being screwed up.

If only because Voras is kinda hot...
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:23   Link #6388
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
I want to see her appear in the current timeline, even if her relationships are different due to Blade's memories being screwed up.

If only because Voras is kinda hot...
Voras will be 3 years older than what we saw in this timeline, so she may be a little less loli and a little more developed.

---

Also, when I was in the International District in Seattle the other day, I noticed the local bookstore there had some volumes of Needless. It only had a few volumes, so I went onto their website and ordered volumes 1-12, so I'm in a very good mood.
Spoiler:

Doesn't look like they keep much in stock, although you maybe able to email them and see if you can still order through them. It's nice that they're located in the US and you don't have to worry about international shipping or anything. If you're interested in any Japanese manga or anime, feel free to give their website a visit: http://www.kinokuniya.com/
Old 2011-02-13, 21:30   Link #6389
Robotech Master

Quote:
Voras will be 3 years older than what we saw in this timeline, so she may be a little less loli and a little more developed.
Those curves and breasts (which she does little to hide) would put her in the high echelon of "loli" if you considered her one, right up there with Rui Kousaka and Mika Nogizaka. Heck maybe more in Rei Ayanami-ish territory.

But I don't really care. When it comes to anime, I can think a character is cute/hot starting around 12 (rare, but Francessca from Strike Witches comes to mind), up on up. I don't really care for loli characters if they are much younger than that (Mio I hope is somewhere around that cutoff), but I don't have any preference between jailbait characters and older ones between 20-30's. Voras has some nice curves, and if she has even nicer curves later, whatever. She's hot.

But are you certain she'd be older? They said they were jumbled around in his memories, so what if Blade met her all of 6 months before the story began and he just inserted her into the events of many years ago.

I suppose if we confirm that she was in Overlord, then you can use Saten's statements as an implication, but what if she was never in Overlord really?
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 01:03   Link #6390
Avvesione

Quote:
Those curves and breasts (which she does little to hide) would put her in the high echelon of "loli" if you considered her one, right up there with Rui Kousaka and Mika Nogizaka. Heck maybe more in Rei Ayanami-ish territory.

But I don't really care. When it comes to anime, I can think a character is cute/hot starting around 12 (rare, but Francessca from Strike Witches comes to mind), up on up. I don't really care for loli characters if they are much younger than that (Mio I hope is somewhere around that cutoff), but I don't have any preference between jailbait characters and older ones between 20-30's. Voras has some nice curves, and if she has even nicer curves later, whatever. She's hot.

But are you certain she'd be older? They said they were jumbled around in his memories, so what if Blade met her all of 6 months before the story began and he just inserted her into the events of many years ago.

I suppose if we confirm that she was in Overlord, then you can use Saten's statements as an implication, but what if she was never in Overlord really?
I'm going to assume that when Blade fought Overlord that he met Strom and Voras there at the same time. And since the fight was 3 years ago from the present timeline, it makes sense that the Voras of the present would be 3 years older than the current memories. But there is the chance that Voras wasn't in Overlord and that Blade met her somewhere else. So I guess we don't know for sure.

And yeah, Voras is borderline loli. I was just thinking that an older version of her would be more bishoujo compared to what we see now. I'd be interested to see her again in the present timeline, especially if she's a pretty popular character after this arc is over. Her fragment isn't overly useful but it's something new and is kinda fun to see how it's used.
Old 2011-02-14, 08:26   Link #6391
Homura7

And the week has finally arrived. Conclusion of the arc or plottwist? In Friday (or Saturday) we will be out of doubts.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 09:09   Link #6392
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
And the week has finally arrived. Conclusion of the arc or plottwist? In Friday (or Saturday) we will be out of doubts.
Well ...
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 13:12   Link #6393
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:

I like Disk. But she's over 18, so that's OK.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:23   Link #6394
Ynot

^ talking about Disk.. can we even be sure she's a female? Looks like the only original part of Disk is her brain and we've all seen her act all lecherous around Yamada in his trap mode. Just like some male mmorpg players use a female avatar, Disk could be doing the same..... Anyone with a good argument why this can't be true, please quickly reply so I won't be having nightmares......yeah, I know I have no right to say this considering Cruz in trapmode is my second most favorite character

Quote:

Also, when I was in the International District in Seattle the other day, I noticed the local bookstore there had some volumes of Needless. It only had a few volumes, so I went onto their website and ordered volumes 1-12, so I'm in a very good mood.
Spoiler:

Doesn't look like they keep much in stock, although you maybe able to email them and see if you can still order through them. It's nice that they're located in the US and you don't have to worry about international shipping or anything. If you're interested in any Japanese manga or anime, feel free to give their website a visit: http://www.kinokuniya.com/
Congrats on finally taking that step. Nice to see others starting to order their hard copies. You just couldn't wait anymore for an English publisher to pick it up, right

I ordered my latest bunch through benippon.com They're a bit cheaper than Kinokuniya(at least for the needless vols), they have a lot of choice and a lot of payment options. So anyone seriously considering to order some Needless vols would be smart to take a look there too before ordering. I used to order at yesasia.com, but even though their shipping is free when you order for a minimum amount of money, their prices are rather high.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-02-14 at 14:45.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:03   Link #6395
Avvesione

Quote:
Congrats on finally taking that step. Nice to see others starting to order their hard copies. You just couldn't wait anymore for an English publisher to pick it up, right

I ordered my latest bunch through benippon.com They're a bit cheaper than Kinokuniya(at least for the needless vols), they have a lot of choice and a lot of payment options. So anyone seriously considering to order some Needless vols would be smart to take a look there too before ordering. I used to order at yesasia.com, but even though their shipping is free when you order for a minimum amount of money, their prices are rather high.
Thanks. I've wanted to buy the volumes for a long time but I always thought I'd have to order them in from Japan. I have had an okay experience ordering stuff from different Japanese websites, but the overall cost (especially shipping) always sucked. I was actually surprised to see Needless on the shelf here in the US, so I just went ahead and bought everything from that bookstore. It's nice to have everything hardcopy now.

---

Hurray, it's chapter week. Now comes the big mystery of figuring out how to leave this memory world and return to the normal timeline. It'll be interesting to see who does what to get them out, if it's Cruz, Saten, Ishiyama, or ANn.

And I can see Cruz returning to male clothes in the next chapter. And yes, I'm mainly posting that so it will be wrong, since everything that gets posted turns out wrong. Long live Yamada!
Old 2011-02-14, 17:32   Link #6396
Kon the Magnificent

Yamada is a cutie

Cruz is a cool smart guy

I don't care which comes back to the present, but I somehow seeing Cruz somehow having some kind of influence on Past Eve before he leaves, and I don't just mean the clothing and name.

Speaking of which, what if the reason why Eve calls Cruz, Yamada in the Present, is because she actually remembers him from the past
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:44   Link #6397
Homura7

My prediction? That none of our predictions will happen, bwahahahahahaha... ok, we already knew that.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 00:00   Link #6398
Avvesione

^
If you're prediction is wrong, I'll have a good laugh lol.

---

You know, with every new arc since the PF Blast, we've been introduced to new characters and meet old ones as well.

For the Cruz and Mio Adventures, we met BQ, QT, and Gepetto. Also saw Eve and Disk.
For St. Rose, we met Rin, Black Madame, and Hinata. Also saw Setsuna and Kuchinashi.
For Black Market, we met Kana (first time since Zero), her brothers, and Hatfield. Also saw Blade, Seto, and Solva.
For Eve's Story, we met Voras, Strom, and Mengroze. Saw young Blade, Eve, Gido and the return of Kafka.

I'm looking forward to whoever we meet in the upcoming arc (although I expect that to start in March/April).
Old 2011-02-16, 12:55   Link #6399
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
When it comes to anime, I can think a character is cute/hot starting around 12 (rare, but Francessca from Strike Witches comes to mind), up on up. I don't really care for loli characters if they are much younger than that (Mio I hope is somewhere around that cutoff
Quoting this again because I remembered something. On the subject of Mio's age, this picture might be of interest:
Spoiler for Mio:

According to her shirt, she's in class 4-3. Now, I'm aware that this image doesn't necessarily reflect actual story events... but if she was in the 4th grade, that would make her about 10. No wonder she doesn't know all her kanji yet...
Old 2011-02-16, 14:02   Link #6400
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
My prediction? That none of our predictions will happen, bwahahahahahaha... ok, we already knew that.
at least we learn
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen