AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 08:05   Link #1481
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
You can't tell whether the play has good mentality or not when fighting against super demon class? Some will break down.

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34399/

Are my eyes seeing right? Who is 1st?(My eyes are blurry... played too much com and mahjong. But all I see is only applies to Achiga-hen only. No mainline Saki characters.)

Mission starting in: Est. 3 hours 30mins to next episode. Are your MS ready?
Is that character poll still ongoing? Vote count seems pretty low. Anyway, the first three places are Toki, Kuro, and Ryuuka respectively; my name recognition isn't good enough to pick out the others.

edit:
On mental endurance and Kuro's placement as the "ace"; say what you will about Kuro's fighting spirit, but I believe Kuro's position was highly important for at least Achiga's initial run through the nationals due to being by far the heaviest hitter on Achiga's team in terms of offensive power. None of the other Achiga players approach the point totals Kuro earned with her dora bombs; so I do think Kuro's placement was appropriate.

As far as mental endurance in terms of its importance in opposing Teru; the problem as I see it is that it is basically in the nature of Teru herself that determination alone should not be enough to beat her. Otherwise, she would not be known as the type of monster that she is. Certainly, it is important not to give up if any player wants to stand any chance at surviving her, but then I do not think Kuro's mental weakness is so great as to have fallen that far either. The actual factor, from my perspective, which is most important in this vs. Teru Vanguard match is actually the question of basic competence. And in that regard, even if Kuro does have certain notable weaknesses and is also clearly lacking in this area against Teru, I honestly think that to this point the damage has been minimal (Kuro has only been directly ronned by Teru once, after all) and am not certain whether any of the other Achiga members would've fared better.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-06-24 at 08:25.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 08:06   Link #1482
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Is that character poll still ongoing? Vote count seems pretty low. Anyway, the first three places are Toki, Kuro, and Ryuuka respectively; my name recognition isn't good enough to pick out the others.
I don't know Kuro is 2nd... How is she 2nd when she is useless?(Against Teru or Toki.)
Old 2012-06-24, 08:51   Link #1483
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

edit:
On mental endurance and Kuro's placement as the "ace"; say what you will about Kuro's fighting spirit, but I believe Kuro's position was highly important for at least Achiga's initial run through the nationals due to being by far the heaviest hitter on Achiga's team in terms of offensive power. None of the other Achiga players approach the point totals Kuro earned with her dora bombs; so I do think Kuro's placement was appropriate.
Saki is probably her team's heaviest hitter (and if it's not her, it's Nodoka), and Saki and Nodoka go 5th and 4th respectively.

A heavy hitter is going to help wherever you put them... as long as they actually do the heavy hitting of course (more on that in a bit).

I probably wouldn't want to lead-off with my ace, unless my ace also has excellent mental toughness (even then it's a bit high-risk/high-reward, barring unusual exceptions like Teru). If your ace happens to have a disastrous match in the Vanguard position (like we've seen Kuro suffer through twice now - not just against Teru, but also against Toki the previous round), that just puts immense pressure on the rest of your team, and really puts them behind the 8-ball.

Another factor for me is that Kuro's heavy hitting is basically being wasted here. She could quite conceivably do much better against different opponents other than Teru and/or Toki.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:07   Link #1484
tsunade666

But Kuro did good at the other battles but that itself could be a problem of planning on the placement of players and strategy. I could see Achiga doing a hit and run style with earning huge score from the beginning and protect it till the end.

Saki's style shines at the near end of the battle with her skill in controlling the out put of the score to just barely win against the opponent or to completely dominate them. Saki is indeed a heavy hitter one but I think Yuuki hits a lot bigger than Nodoka. Nodoka is good at balancing the game and has good defense and offense but Yuuki in her monster state is a better earner of points. Look at the first season individual tournament. She scores the biggest when she's on the role. Plus in the psp game she also hits hard >_>
Old 2012-06-24, 10:06   Link #1485
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I don't know Kuro is 2nd... How is she 2nd when she is useless?(Against Teru or Toki.)

If people like her, they vote her. That's it. This is popular vote after all.

Being useless doesn't mean she's unlikable. There are many way to like a character. Some may feel sorry for her. Some may like her looking. Some may like her VA (Kana). Some people may like her because they enjoy watching her get destroyed by Toki or Teru.

Do you remember Yae (The bansai girl who lost to Kuro)? She's quite popular right now because people like how she talked big but lost easily. She gets a lot of parody fanarts.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:37   Link #1486
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually I notice that the RAWs are already out. Given my trouble with mahjong terminology, I'll just wait a few hours for the subs, but for those who ARE familiar they can grab it already.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:53   Link #1487
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's also out on Crunchyroll if people have access/a subbscription there

edit:
@the last scene:

BOOM EXPLOSIONS. This series excels at being ridiculous like no other, but we all love it for it.

Last edited by Proto; 2012-06-24 at 12:05.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:30   Link #1488
Midonin
Last Engage

It's amazing how taciturn Teru's been this whole match. She speaks more through the whirlwind on her arm than her voice, a force of nature in human form. While this week did expand on Toki's backstory even more, but my favorite part was seeing a bit of Kirame's. She appears to be her team's Shizu, an ultra-determined go-getter, but less flammable. The effects for Toki's Double Accel were really cool, and while the cliffhanger was nearly identical to last week's, the scale does feel noticeably larger. You'd almost forget Kuro was at the table, but Toki and Kirame acknowledging her skill was a small, heartwarming moment.

I wonder what it is that caused Saki to stay outside the hall, though I have my suspicions it has something to do with Teru. Maybe those three bonus episodes will all have to do with the rest of Shiraitodai, because the finale, and the last several episodes, have all been focusing on just the first player. It makes sense why, Teru's a monster.

But if that triumphant music in the preview is any indication, she's a monster they can stop. Not beat, but stop. And that's a victory in itself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:39   Link #1489
kona~chan
ヘタレ

well the episode overall just awesome as always, but for me kiyosumi totally steal the show, finally the true heroine appeared eh
and that ED preview who the hell is that?
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 13:07   Link #1490
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Toki is probably my favourite character in this season. Don't give up Toki. The triple at the end OMFG. Can't wait until next episode
Old 2012-06-24, 13:14   Link #1491
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I have a very bad feeling after watching the preview but the music was hilarious.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:12   Link #1492
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Toki is probably my favourite character in this season. Don't give up Toki. The triple at the end OMFG. Can't wait until next episode
Triple!? Did she not watch DBZ - when Goku was doing Kao-ken against Vegeta?! Oh the consequences!!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:39   Link #1493
King-Slayer

What an episode! To glorious for words. We finally get to see Hisa and Mako as well and some more of the first years. That preview has me anticpating quite a bite. We get kid Yuu and what looks to be her mother, a mysterious women, and what looks to be middle school Toki and Ryuuka
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:49   Link #1494
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Triple!? Did she not watch DBZ - when Goku was doing Kao-ken against Vegeta?! Oh the consequences!!
We will hope for Gohan Kuro to pick up the rest
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:52   Link #1495
Kyuu
=^^=

Spoiler:

OK, Toki. Let's see what you can do.

And the episode preview. That's the darkest soundtrack used in the entire franchise. The title of "Promise"; well, that's going to address the various promises applied to each player, particularly Kuro and/or Toki.

Will Kuro actually drop a dora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
well the episode overall just awesome as always, but for me kiyosumi totally steal the show, finally the true heroine appeared eh
and that ED preview who the hell is that?

We finally get to see Bucchou. And, no, the show is still on Toki, with Kiyosumi on the side.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 15:11   Link #1496
tsunade666

wow pretty scary bgm for a preview. It feels like a terminator or end of the world movie.

The episode was fantastic. The animation was superb! and the voice acting too was good. Subara!

Best couple is TokixRyuuka

I want to see dark Saki
Old 2012-06-24, 15:18   Link #1497
Requiem-x
The slacking one

...Wow.

No, seriously, wow.

This episode. Just... this episode. My heart was pounding hard at the end. Seriously, only the top moments of fate/zero come close to this. If that means there's somethig wrong with me, I never want to be right.

Spoiler for To keep dreams alive:

Of course, there's someone else who deserves mention
Spoiler for To see this through the end:

And of course, I can't stop mentioning
Spoiler for To dwell in the past, and plan for the future:

And of course, there was the final piece to complete this amazing episode.

Spoiler for The promise at the end of it all:

And in case someone wants there

Spoiler for "I have no regrets, this is the only path":

Spoiler for "Today you will see the conclusion to your endless dream":

By the way, any other AGE watchers here felt punched in the gut with one of Toki's lines? I sure did.
Spoiler for The worst flag of them all:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:02   Link #1498
King-Slayer

@ Requiem-X. The one who noticed Yuuki and Nodoka was the reporter Junko from the first season.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:05   Link #1499
Kunagisa

ACHIGA FLASHBACK キタ━━━( ´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)━━━!!!!, KURO POWERUP INC. Mama~~!!
TOKIIIIIIIII MAHJONG'S TOO DANGEROUS, JUST GO HOME AND MARRY RYOUKA
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 16:50   Link #1500
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Spoiler for "Today you will see the conclusion to your endless dream":
My conclusion is Kuro has nice ass

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri