Old 2008-02-25, 18:34   Link #301
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
I hope Union will put the GN drive on the Flags

because Flag unit looks much better than "GN.X"
I hope they just make a Flag that looks entirely different, but still has the sexy Flag look. I doubt we'll get to see that in this season though.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 18:47   Link #302
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well, as far as Louise is concerned -- maybe they just don't understand the nature of the GN particles yet. Maybe with further research they will be able to treat the wounds. And the entire thing doesn't make any sense, because even if those ends were fused by the GN particles, they could just cut away/cut back to non-fused tissue and re-generate from there. I think it's just a convenient excuse to keep her maimed.

Also, it makes no sense why the GN particles would somehow be worse than being hit by their other beam weapons. All of them are a charged particle attack that would cauterize a wound.

And with the HRL counter-attack ... I have to chuckle a bit at how quickly they're able to adapt to piloting a completely new unit they have no experience with. Especially seeing how the HRL mechs seemed to be developed far differently than the Union or AEU.
The only 2 people shown really doing anything with the GN-X's were Soma and Sergei. One is a very experienced soldier who will be used to adating to new tech. The other is a Supersoldier who will be designed to adapt to new stuff fast. The rest just seemed to shoot from a distance.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:17   Link #303
Caeruleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
The only 2 people shown really doing anything with the GN-X's were Soma and Sergei. One is a very experienced soldier who will be used to adating to new tech. The other is a Supersoldier who will be designed to adapt to new stuff fast. The rest just seemed to shoot from a distance.
Thats very similar to other HRL tactics though. Beat your opponent down with superior firepower and overwhelming amounts of it. Thats how they held the gundams down in the Gobi Desert.
Caeruleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 19:38   Link #304
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this ep was alright. i'm happy the 3 nations have a chance now. this ep makes me hate soma even more though... haha. and its a shame that the fangs got owned so easily. they're supposed to be the trump weapon in the gundam universe. oh well.

the next few eps will be great, but i can only see a time jump between seasons.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:08   Link #305
Terra

Actually I like that they're not being portraid as uber weapon. It shows the lack of experience of the pilot. The skill of the pilot fighting him.

All weapons have been shown to have draw backs. That's how it should be. Without it's fangs, Zwei beceomes a suit with nothing special to it. Micheal has been shown time and time again to depend on them. Any situation his response is his fangs and twice he's had them destroyed by better pilots in suits that can match his.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:30   Link #306
Kisuke06
I see...

Now things doesn't look too good to the Gundams. Kids with good toys can't beat trained soldiers.

And poor Saji, what will happen with him no? =/

*Tieria smiles*
Allelujah: "Something wrong with you?"
LOL
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:01   Link #307
wtfftw

This ep was nice. The part what got me the most was how ali talked saji sister and then see her in fear as he showed his true self. I was like lol truth hurts.

those 30 extra GN drives make this story boring for me though i mean its all in the open now. I mean i can already see the US send 100 space ships to jupiter.

I think its sad the fangs get owned this easy they supposed to own.

Miss wang Liu Mei is the only person i find interesting atm cuz she only cares for her objective and is so shady as an agent in CB

and last but not least alejandro is gay xD

BTW i got to say i dont understand anything at all on how this organization CB runs as everyone seem to do what they want and there now like what 4 - 5 different groups/agenda's we seeing in CB it confuses me like hell. its like WTF, who is in charge?

Lol @ Neena she digs every guy she comes across i bet she didnt kiss him cuz she doenst wnat another drama like before xP
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:17   Link #308
Sol Falling

On Louise and arm regeneration...huh? Wouldn't 'radiation' imply that her arm was actually hit with the beam? I thought it was just crushed under the huge rock or something. Pretty sure I remember Neena's second shot flying over her head. That's a bit weird.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:20   Link #309
allenephilim88

Great episode. Feel sorry for Kinoue though (a conspiration against Saji???).

The Thrones were completly owned by the GN-X. Finally the grunts got their revenge. Hope that Soma´s unit gets customized.
allenephilim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:53   Link #310
Chase

Good episode, i give in an 7.5 but since thats not on the pole i rounded it off to an 8.lol. Fangs seem useless now.lol. Kinue, you were warned, thats what happens when you dig in too deep about stuff.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 22:09   Link #311
Kushi

Ohhhh I bet this is how Saji is connected with the CBs... I bet Kinoue sent Saji a message about a "Krudis" (forgot how to spell it, but anyways what Setsuna is) and he's going to link it back to Setsuna!
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 22:45   Link #312
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
On Louise and arm regeneration...huh? Wouldn't 'radiation' imply that her arm was actually hit with the beam? I thought it was just crushed under the huge rock or something. Pretty sure I remember Neena's second shot flying over her head. That's a bit weird.
There'd likely be a high concentration of radioactive particles floating around after the shot; it doesn't need to be a direct hit from the beam itself.
Old 2008-02-26, 00:28   Link #313
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well I was hoping my prediction about Saji's sister was going to be wrong but it was not and she ended up getting shot, Saji is just going through a rough time at this point. I dont think they will kill her off (in the preview it looks like Saji is talking to her on a hospital bed) but her condition will weigh heavily on Saji and probably make him think more about Louises situation as well. Also. it looking more and more like Saji will eventually discover Setsunas true identity. At least thats what im sensing. Sajis sister gets shot by the man Setsuna wants dead the most and her brother happens to be Setsunas neighbor after some time and talking Saji might start putting things together.

I know a lot of people were hoping to see Graham kick ass in a Gundam, I however was not one of them. I was not surprised when he said he would beat the Gundams with his Flag a mans word is his bond.

Im sure soon the three powers will figure out that the THrones and the original suits are not following the same game plan. After all when was the last time the Meisters intervened in a conflict its not hard to tell at this point there we have different faction within CB, which is making things even more interesting.

I would say from now the story really gets moving and we are probably going to see quite a bit of fighting and also im sure we will see the Meisters not win as much as they use to. There enemy now has 30 type like Gundams vs the Meisters 4 its going to be a hard fight. Its seems like the battle lines are being drawn but dear god we have multiple different sides going on. I knew that little girl was going to end up being psycho and whats this we finally see Veda.

So many things were revealed in this one episode but i felt like the episode jumped around quite a bit. It felt the episode was in a rush to finish and they were just cramming as much info as possible. 7/10

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-02-26 at 00:40.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:29   Link #314
Lendial

the only reason she wont get a new arm is because its needed as character development for saji.

as for fangs i wish they gave it to a more competent pilot. perhaps al will someday get it installed in kyrios?
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:31   Link #315
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I thought this ep was masterful in many ways...The number one way for me would be in characterizations...Ali Al Sarshes' character was personified in such a visceral and potent way I gained a new respect for the character...Not to say he isn't a completely loathsome and callous human-being, but the way they decided to flesh him out this episode had true-meaning...(From BEGINNING to END)The way the atmosphere changed as he devolved from good-looking suave, affable interviewee, into a deplorable and maniacal fiend hellbent with malice, was somewhat brilliant to me...The way the cinematography scanned the road from inside the car, to these different angles of Ali's expressions as his demonistic tendencies crept thru that clean-cut facade created great atmosphere...

Even before he played the perfect villain in an episode of "The Hitchhiker", we learn even more meaningful aspects of his personality...It's almost like he has a "Last of the Samurai" or Ruroni kind of ethical standard, but obviously traveling the dark fork in that road...I thought it was really interesting to find out a large part of his sadistic nature lies in the fact he believes he's one of the last true-mercenaries around, and that this current state of events gives him an opportunity that won't come around again (Pridefully he has to embrace it--Would it be fair to say he's almost a true dichotomy to Graham??)...So again I give credit to Mizushima and his staff for creating an easily hateable character, that really didn't need much more to fit his "mid-boss" role but again they flip it and personify him on a deeper level...My earlier predictions were wrong...I now think it's fair to take Ali out of the Yarzan (Zeta) category and up his ante as a viable character beyond just his link with Setsuna (and the eventual character development he has to extract from him)...This guy is a brutally meaningful villain....

I mean we all have something in the show we may or may not like or appreciate but sometimes it goes beyond plot-points and ultimate nitpicking abilities...Regarding Ali's scenes in this episode, alot of them were just very quaint but impressive scenes (Visually and atmosphere-wise)...And despite whatever you don't like I think it's hard not to appreciate the effort put forth in creating some of the stuff I talked about...

Well alot more $hit than this happened and I will return with a full analysis on what I thought was a really great ep (I'd like to see another version if possible before I collect all my thoughts)...But I just had to comment on Ali's presentation in this ep...I've kinda pulled a U-Turn on how I view his character now (Not that I don't want his death to be as bitterly painful as the life he leads)...

BTW I can't believe I read like 300 posts at work today and no one mentioned the OBVIOUS ode's to Gundam X in this episode (GN-X PEOPLE!!! The GN-X's Satellite-Cannon formations!!! Intelligence system inside the Moon!!! )...Shame on ya'll G-fans ...

MORE TO COME
Old 2008-02-26, 00:38   Link #316
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I thought this ep was masterful in many ways...The number one way for me would be in characterizations...Ali Al Sarshes' character was personified in such a visceral and potent way I gained a new respect for the character...Not to say he isn't a completely loathsome and callous human-being, but the way they decided to flesh him out this episode had true-meaning...(From BEGINNING to END)The way the atmosphere changed as he devolved from good-looking suave, affable interviewee, into a deplorable and maniacal fiend hellbent with malice, was somewhat brilliant to me...The way the cinematography scanned the road from inside the car, to these different angles of Ali's expressions as his demonistic tendencies crept thru that clean-cut facade created great atmosphere...

Even before he played the perfect villain in an episode of "The Hitchhiker", we learn even more meaningful aspects of his personality...It's almost like he has a "Last of the Samurai" or Ruroni kind of ethical standard, but obviously traveling the dark fork in that road...I thought it was really interesting to find out a large part of his sadistic nature lies in the fact he believes he's one of the last true-mercenaries around, and that this current state of events gives him an opportunity that won't come around again (Pridefully he has to embrace it--Would it be fair to say he's almost a true dichotomy to Graham??)...So again I give credit to Mizushima and his staff for creating an easily hateable character, that really didn't need much more to fit his "mid-boss" role but again they flip it and personify him on a deeper level...My earlier predictions were wrong...I now think it's fair to take Ali out of the Yarzan (Zeta) category and up his ante as a viable character beyond just his link with Setsuna (and the eventual character development he has to extract from him)...This guy is a brutally meaningful villain....

I mean we all have something in the show we may or may not like or appreciate but sometimes it goes beyond plot-points and ultimate nitpicking abilities...Regarding Ali's scenes in this episode, alot of them were just very quaint but impressive scenes (Visually and atmosphere-wise)...And despite whatever you don't like I think it's hard not to appreciate the effort put forth in creating some of the stuff I talked about...

Well alot more $hit than this happened and I will return with a full analysis on what I thought was a really great ep (I'd like to see another version if possible before I collect all my thoughts)...But I just had to comment on Ali's presentation in this ep...I've kinda pulled a U-Turn on how I view his character now...

BTW I can't believe I read like 300 posts at work today and no one mentioned the OBVIOUS ode's to Gundam X in this episode (GN-X PEOPLE!!! The GN-X's Satellite-Cannon formations!!! Intelligence system inside the Moon!!! )...Shame on ya'll G-fans ...

MORE TO COME
I was editing my post just as you posted about the resemblance to the GN-X's cannon DAMN YOU oh well at least someone else noticed it.
Old 2008-02-26, 00:43   Link #317
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I mentioned before, currently the real-life Japan has enough technical knowledge, funds, and plutonium in storage, to build a thousand nuclear weapons. But they don't do it.
For that same reason, they wouldn't get a GN-drive because the Doves in the government would go ballistic.
Good they could save on missile costs and just use the doves
Old 2008-02-26, 00:45   Link #318
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I was editing my post just as you posted about the resemblance to the GN-X's cannon DAMN YOU oh well at least someone else noticed it.
Like Sylvester Stallone in "Over The Top" ...

Dude that wants to arm-wrestle Sly: "Daaamn You..."

Sly (With a huskier and $hittier acting voice): "Daaaaaamn You..."

Honestly though I couldn't believe people slept on that...

Earlier in the thread you got people dissing the design, calling it unGundam...It gets to me that people haven't seen the older series to really understand what's Gundam and what's not, but they jump on the soapbox quick...
Old 2008-02-26, 00:46   Link #319
tarachi
Observer

@wing
aw GREAT point on the GN-X and Gundam X.

On Topic:
I really felt that it was okay for the Thrones (the gundams not the pilots) to be average (power-wise). The GN-Fangs will probably be back and more Powerful on Season 2. Since almost (not all) G Series, eps 25+ is where the powerful gundams appear.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 02:08   Link #320
Traece
:cool:

All I know is... I'll take one. Wrap it up NAOW! DO IT! >_<
The Curse GN-X just became my new favorite mobile suit, with that sleek and beautiful appearance, wonderful pain job, and ability to rape other Gundams with extreme precision in battle for the first time vs experienced pilots(10 vs 3, though... But still!). Truly that was a thing of beauty. Honestly though... I'm kind of feeling sad for Saji, and his sister is cute so that's just... Grr... But yeah... Now that you mention it they're obviously referencing to Gundam X with the moon being a secret base(How do you not notice a HUGE FREAKING COMPUTER-MA-THINGY?? I don't care HOW much lead you packed in that moon!), and the whole 10 Gundam formation.
As far as the whole "What is a Gundam" thing... Technically the only requirement for it to be a GUNDAM is that it says GUNDAM on startup. I believe some of the GUNDAMS don't even actually do that.. They just call them GUNDAMS for whatever reason. Honestly they can make any mobile suit a GUNDAM if they so choose, and I agree with the Curse GN-X models, as they actually remind me a bit of the Kampfer from their head design, and in their body a bit. They also contain powerful and super-advanced weaponary as well as an extremely powerful generator(the bigger, the explodey-er!). All things considered, I consider that a GUNDAM, or, at least, and ANTI-GUNDAM.
If we really want to categorize the super-powered mobile suits in the GUNDAM franchise... They're new-type weapons. Yeah I know, Seed has coordinators... They're a new type of human being though, so screw formalities. ^_^