Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Will you guys chill out a bit?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 04:18   Link #9343
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Even if he can't die he can still be beaten, you realize. There are ways to defeat someone without outright killing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
I agree, but like you said, we'll see. He's not the hardest of them to challenge, honestly.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 04:45   Link #9344
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Even if he can't die he can still be beaten, you realize. There are ways to defeat someone without outright killing them.

I agree, but like you said, we'll see. He's not the hardest of them to challenge, honestly.
In a straight death match there isn't. And unless the dudes make things into nothing is completely gone they can't contain him so unless they now have permanent bfr (there's been no stated real time limit in savig Medaka), his lose conditions are small and unlikely. Which is pretty terrible starting point in a match.
Old 2012-06-13, 04:47   Link #9345
Qilin
Romanticist

So it's going to be screws vs. screwdrivers next, right?

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Whatever the case, I'm really not feeling all that upset about this little twist, knowing that Nisio has done worse trolls in the past. People just seem to be really attached to Emukae's character here.
Old 2012-06-13, 05:32   Link #9346
DawnEmperor

Knew Sol was gonna say that...

Well, I guess it would be boring to go along the route of every student council member winning(if I recall from the Flask Plan, Akune defeated Koga, Naze and Koga still escaped). Perhaps this will lead to other developments for Emukae.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 05:50   Link #9347
Clarste
Human

Well, if anyone's gonna lose, it should probably be Emukae, as the token Minus on the team. I'd like to question the notion of "tension" though. Ever since the Minus arc started way back when (chapter 50?), I think the only fights that have had any sort of tension have been Naze's fights. Because her gimmick is "suffer before creating something awesome". Everything else has been a curbstomp of one form or another, just due to the way the story works.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 06:47   Link #9348
Sol Falling

What are you guys imagining as "win" or "lose" conditions? I'm betting something like "disassembly" Suitor escapes. Even if Kumagawa/the rest of the Student Council (if he acts as a healer) can't be killed it's not like that alone is enough to achieve anything. But I'm doubting whether any further Suitors will actually join because the party is getting too large already anyway. It'd be a "loss" or a setback if the new Suitor managed to just even delay them, right?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:04   Link #9349
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Spoiler for 150:

Spoiler for :heh::

Last edited by Iby; 2012-06-13 at 07:15.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:20   Link #9350
17Sevens

Spoiler for 150:
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:22   Link #9351
Homura7

Jumping the bandwagon is easy.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Sevens View Post
Spoiler for 150:
And he didn't win that one as well due to erasing everything that had happened there after he left.

Last edited by Homura7; 2012-06-13 at 07:32.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:47   Link #9352
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
So it's going to be screws vs. screwdrivers next, right?

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Whatever the case, I'm really not feeling all that upset about this little twist, knowing that Nisio has done worse trolls in the past. People just seem to be really attached to Emukae's character here.
The troll wasn't as bad as we thought it would be to Emukae herself(even though it still was pretty harsh), but now It's more like the entire Student Council getting trolled(and us) by Nishio.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:51   Link #9353
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Kumagawa will screw them all!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:52   Link #9354
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
The troll wasn't as bad as we thought it would be to Emukae herself(even though it still was pretty harsh), but now It's more like the entire Student Council getting trolled(and us) by Nishio.
Yeah. This just show how much Nishio love his fan
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:55   Link #9355
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
TBF it's more like the rest of student council got trolled. Zenkichi and Naze had already fought and weren't exactly in the best condition (hell Zen got knocked out due to being in such bad condition) it was the new girl, and the middle school girl that got trolled, since they had done jack shit and still got off panelled.

Really i wouldn't have minded them losing but Emukae really should have at least a decent spot light chapter before getting saved.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:11   Link #9356
Inarius
★★★★★

Gawd damn, DAT char development!

Kumagawa showed up...somebody is getting trolled

I just hope Ajimu won't go into 'development' mode and cut her delicious hair QAQ
Old 2012-06-13, 08:13   Link #9357
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF it's more like the rest of student council got trolled. Zenkichi and Naze had already fought and weren't exactly in the best condition (hell Zen got knocked out due to being in such bad condition) it was the new girl, and the middle school girl that got trolled, since they had done jack shit and still got off panelled.
There're still 2 more suitors and you can bet they're gonna fight them.

All in all, this chapter just has shown why the screwdriver woman is the strongest suitor.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:39   Link #9358
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
There're still 2 more suitors and you can bet they're gonna fight them.

All in all, this chapter just has shown why the screwdriver woman is the strongest suitor.
2 more?

There are seven suuitors so there should be 4 more
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 08:43   Link #9359
Qilin
Romanticist

I've been doing some thinking about this whole thing.

At first, I was afraid that Kumagawa showing up to save the day was a bit off if you take "Devil Style" into account. It's a genre convention in battle manga that should have been nullified the ability. But after reflecting on it a bit more, it could have been possible for Kumagawa to nullify the effects of "Devil Style" on himself through the application of "All Fiction".

If this were true, it would have some interesting implications. I have already mentioned in a previous post that "Devil Style" is possibly an excuse that Nisio came up with to justify deviations from established genre conventions. This becomes even more significant when "All Fiction" enters the picture since it could potentially act as an off button to "Devil Style". With the two powers combined, Nisio would basically be able to ignore as many conventions as he likes and then just follow them again whenever convenient, through Kumagawa's interference.

Of course, I realize that I may be over-thinking here, and this might all end up being nonsense. I could maybe just pin this down on my overactive imagination, but if everything does turn out to be true, it would take this story's meta-awareness to whole new levels (if that was still possible).
Old 2012-06-13, 08:48   Link #9360
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
2 more?

There are seven suuitors so there should be 4 more
Actually, there are 3 more, unless you're counting the bunny girl too.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council