AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-05-04, 14:23   Link #141
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Already see the ending; bet Rishia will get her power and that will either defeat the boss, or save Ost.

Also, Naofumi lookin' mighty hard at Glass. Feels like the typical hate-love beginning that tend to happen in stories like these, with Naofumi over-emphasizing Glass's appearance over every other char. Too bad Raph is too young and innocent to see whats going on there.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 15:28   Link #142
Magewolf

The second season has been very boring so far. And the whole "The turtle's lifeforce is in another castle" thing has dragged on way too long. Apart from Ost's character design there seems to be no real reason to watch it.

And I figure that after Ost sacrifices herself or gets put back to sleep it will turn right back to the waves like this filler never happened apart from some lip service.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 18:41   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The second season has been very boring so far. And the whole "The turtle's lifeforce is in another castle" thing has dragged on way too long. Apart from Ost's character design there seems to be no real reason to watch it.
The anime is apparently rushing through this arc, so imagine how much more boring it would have been if they had adapted it fully.
Old 2022-05-04, 19:20   Link #144
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The anime is apparently rushing through this arc, so imagine how much more boring it would have been if they had adapted it fully.
Manga reader, can confirm. This felt like it took 3-5 years in the manga to get to this point from where season 1 ended.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 21:00   Link #145
Frontier

Not a source reader, but I'm hoping it all comes around in the end...maybe .

(To be honest I kind of miss Melty...).
Old 2022-05-05, 09:54   Link #146
magnuskn

So, that's what evil Shiroe would look like...
Old 2022-05-05, 12:11   Link #147
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, that's what evil Shiroe would look like...
And how Shiroe would talk if he was a typical LoL player.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 12:14   Link #148
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
LN reader here. Can confirm. Spirit Tortoise arc is actually boring as fuck. But does have very important setup for later on.

Having skipped a whole arc prior to this one feels weird though. I get that arc had no action at all. But the action in the Spirit Tortoise arc was incredibly boring.

Yes... The action was boring. The non-action arc was not.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 08:34   Link #149
Frontier

To the surprise of probably no one, that Three Stooges have been held hostage by Kyo and are basically being used to help power the Spirit Tortoise. So not only not being useful, now they're basically helping the bad guy. Even the main villain thinks they're useless wimps .

So how are the heroes going to fend off the Spirit Tortoise outside and cut its head off again? With Fitoria's help of course, as she arrives just in time to protect the soldiers and fight the Spirit Tortoise. So the Fillolial Queen is more useful than the Three Stooges .

I was kind of curious about the dynamic between Kyo and his supposed former comrades, but they don't really dwell on that here. And it seems like the Vassal Heroes' weapons...actually talk to them? Which is why they're trying to stop Kyo even though ostensibly they want to destroy that world? Seems like Kyo's basically been forcefully using his book weapon since it doesn't actually want to do any of this .

I love how three of Naofumi's enemies are more useful than the Three Stooges have ever been, although even with everyone taking on Kyo, his ability to summon barriers and deadly attacks with his book makes him near impossible to defeat. And that's before he hits everyone with a gravity attack .

Then it's time for Rishia, after 7 episodes of being useless, to finally be useful and step up her ki game to overcome the gravity attack and her Filolial cosplay to take on Kyo directly with a newfound resolve and mastery of her powers. In Kyo she sees herself, someone who is a loser and weak but who over-compensates with bravado and outright cruelty, which is why Rishia won't stand by and lose to him .

So while Rishia keeps Kyo busy while Ost gives her power to Naofumi so he can free everybody and they can do a tandem attack to take down the Spirit Tortoise, which includes a three-way finish from the ladies Fitoria, Therese, and Glass .

Man, serious Rishia is actually...kind of hot .

Of course Kyo had a backup plan in case the head and heart were both taken out which is basically turning the core into the new heart, and Naofumi's (barely on-screen) interaction with Ost prevents him from finishing it with the Wrath Shield. But Ost forcibly unlocks a new upgrade for his Shield, the Spirit Tortoise Heart, to take it out and herself .

So the Spirit Tortoise Heart Shield is replacing the Wrath Shield? Naofumi won't have to use it anymore? I guess that's a pretty nice thing for Ost to do for him and to honor the comrades who cared and fought beside her despite her true identity. And with Ost's last bit of existence she enriches the land where the Spirit Tortoise fell, giving rather than taking .

Well, they stopped the Spirit Tortoise, but Kyo's real goal was gaining a small sliver of souls for some kind of plot, and then he heads back to the other world of the Vassal Heroes, only now Naofumi and company can actually follow them. I guess we're finally going to see the world of the other Heroes .

So, what happened to the Three Stooges? Are they just going to be lying on the ground where the Spirit Tortoise was? Do we even care ?
Old 2022-05-11, 11:06   Link #150
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So, what happened to the Three Stooges? Are they just going to be lying on the ground where the Spirit Tortoise was? Do we even care ?
Do you?

They'll be fine. Probably. Unfortunately.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 12:26   Link #151
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Do you?

They'll be fine. Probably. Unfortunately.
That's honestly a good question .

I guess the perk of going to another world is it means we won't see any of them anytime soon .
Old 2022-05-11, 12:42   Link #152
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

An isekai within an isekai? We have to go deeper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess the perk of going to another world is it means we won't see any of them anytime soon .
Yeah if anyone was expecting the three stooges to redeem themselves anytime soon... well season 3 is already confirmed at least. I'm hyped we're finally getting to Glass' world, regardless.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 14:09   Link #153
grecefar

Cool new shield, it didn't needed the wings, turtles doesn't have them.

That's the only thing I have to say... this season sucks, pretty badly. I hope now it gets better.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 14:49   Link #154
Lex79

I was actually expecting Ost to survive in some way, but she seems genuinely dead.

So now Naofumi doesn't have to rely on the dangerous wrath shield as his trump card...I wonder if this new turtle shield is as powerful and if it has others limitations/drawbacks.

Our party will now move on Glass' world, maybe this will push Naofumi into working with her group to find a way to save both worlds.
Speaking of saving the world, I'm starting to think it would be better if the series drop yhe "the four heroes need to work together" and switches to "Naofumi has to find a way to solve everything by himself", since so far the author isn't even trying to redeem the other three.

I admit that when Rishia started moving against the gravity spell and talking to the bad guy I was afraid she was going to solve the situation with talk no jutsu, then I would've probably dropped the series.
Old 2022-05-11, 15:25   Link #155
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Cool new shield, it didn't needed the wings, turtles doesn't have them.
Wings make everything more badass though... just imagine Rishia without the chocobo costume.
Old 2022-05-11, 15:38   Link #156
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was actually expecting Ost to survive in some way, but she seems genuinely dead.
Honestly with all the fakeout deaths and trying to sell Ost as a main character I was half-expecting them to save her somehow even though I'm not sure the audience cared either way .
Old 2022-05-11, 16:54   Link #157
Magewolf

Well I was wrong about it going right back to the waves but I can not help thinking that you could have just skipped all the turtle stuff and had Kyo show up ,get beat, and then the gang follow him back to his home world.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 20:12   Link #158
Chosen_Hero

Wait... what? Am I the only one who thinks this episode (actually the arc as a whole) is a mess?

- How the hell did the other three idiots get captured? I know there was a time jump at some point before they started fighting the turtle but holy shit that was jarring.

- Ost is such a ridiculous existence, she was practically there just to needlessly complicate a situation that could have been easily fixed. There were just way too many hoops to jump through just to find out that killing her at the beginning would have been the right response and probably the easiest way to deal with this situation.

- So Rishia, the one that is way too underleveled by the others standards is just able to fight on equal terms with opponent (boosted by the power of the other three cardinal heroes) that gave the others with high level difficulty just because she can control ki or whatever the fuck? ... I mean, I knew they were going to force some character development for her (it was super obvious after all her whining) but this was just... bad, really bad, at least be consistent with it.

No, I don't care if it was foreshadowed in the LN/Manga, that's not what were are discussing here.

It also doesn't help that i don't care for her, especially since I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE FUCK SHE POPPED UP FROM, she's just there at the start of the season and I'm supposed to care about her and her stupid crush that doesn't seem worth the hassle she's going through because... reasons, I guess?

- Also, if ki is this strong then why care for the vassal weapons outside of prophecy/chosen one bullshit? She was pushing back a vassal weapon weilder who was using the turltes powers and that was buffed by the other three cardinal heroes while underleveled AF... doesn't that kind of diminish?... undervalues?... depreciate? (can't seem to find the proper word) the strength of the Vassal weapons and Cardinal heroes outside of prophecy/chosen hero bs?

I liked everything else... I guess, but these points have just been bothering me.
Old 2022-05-11, 20:23   Link #159
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So Rishia, the one that is way too underleveled by the others standards is just able to fight on equal terms with opponent (boosted by the power of the other three cardinal heroes) that gave the others with high level difficulty just because she can control ki or whatever the fuck? ... I mean, I knew they were going to force some character development for her (it was super obvious after all her whining) but this was just... bad, really bad, at least be consistent with it.
It was power of Ki and also power of luv for her damsel in distress Itsuki... or that's my headcanon anyway.

I thought the series made it obvious the three stooges went to the turtle and got captured though. The early part of the arc was a bit different but they didn't really do anything more interesting in the source from what I remember.
Old 2022-05-11, 20:46   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode just had way too many problems.

Why didn't Ost kill herself as soon as she remembered she was the core? And if she couldn't do that, why not ask Glass' group? I get why Naofumi and his friends wouldn't want to do it, but they wouldn't have cared.

Rishia overcomes gravity and starts to kick asses just because "ki, ain't got to explain shit". Really? If it's this strong why is there only one old lady using it? It was never even mentioned before this arc, but it's very possible I just forgot.

Ost gives Naofumi the spirit turtle shield which is strong enough to easily destroy the barrier around the core, the same barrier the villain is protecting himself with. See where I'm getting at? Why didn't she aim for him? He dies, turtles goes back to sleep, Ost lives. Win-win. Instead, Ost died and Kyo got away after accomplishing his goals.

Rishia goes with Naofumi without even bothering to check if Itsuki is even still alive. I guess she got over him?

Tags
adventure, fantasy