AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 14:48   Link #1781
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, it's not like being inbred automatically makes you crazy. It just greatly increases the chance that any defective genes (including those for mental illness) within your family tree will get passed on to you.
I am just pointing out that some members of the Royal Family (especiallly Charles, and Carline) don't seem to be right in the head.

I just want to know if inbreeding is mentioned in any of the materials since Charles had a lot of wives,, and royalty did inbreed in real life, and that caused problems especially with the Habsurg.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 14:53   Link #1782
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am just pointing out that some members of the Royal Family (especiallly Charles, and Carline) don't seem to be right in the head.

I just want to know if inbreeding is mentioned in any of the materials since Charles had a lot of wives,, and royalty did inbreed in real life, and that caused problems especially with the Habsurg.
Well the population of Britannia is very large. Their science also seems to be pretty advanced. I'm sure they've considered it and taken it into account.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 16:17   Link #1783
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Keep in mind that for now we don't know the source nor if it is a canon material.
That is quite true. The canon level of this is highly questionable at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I scanned the pages on the interview from November issue of Newtype. Probably the main gist had been translated and discussed but still, for those who understand Japanese, is there anything interesting from the interview? Please share with us. Thanks.
Spoiler for for size:
On a side note I'm taking a crack at translating a few of those quotes out these scans
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1776
It seems like 4 basic questions are asked of the VAs. Either what their views are, or the views of what they think their character is.

One thing I really criticize about this publication. Why are C.C.'s answers posted only after Gino?????? C.C. deserves a lot more respect then that.
The order seems to go:
Lelouch
Kallen
Rolo
Gino
Anya
C.C.
Charles
Rakshata
Sayako
Cornelia
Milly
Schneizel
XingKu
Ougi
Tamaki
Guilford
Villetta
Asahina
Lloyd
Toudo
Kaguya
Jeremiah
Rivalz

I did notice that Suzaku, Nunnally, Marianne, Nina, and Shirley are absent from the list.
Going by my VERY limited Japanese. I think the third question is asking their impressions of Lelouch. It literally says "3. 'Lelouch' toiu shonen no inshou". I know shonen is boy and inshou is impression.

Looking at Kallen and C.C.'s answer. (I haven't had to time to do a more in depth translation of the full response to the third question.)
Kallen's VA does use the word 'suki'. She also uses the term "omoi". Which can mean 'love', but it can also mean a butt load of other words like 'feelings, heart, wish, ect'.
I have a feeling that something could be missing from Kallen's VA interview. It's cut off at the fold in the magazine. When it starts back in the second row it starts with a katakana "ka". Doesn't seem to make much sense.

C.C.'s VA does have the kanji "ai" twice, but it's not used as in "aishite". First thing she says is "airashi" meaning charming.
At the end there is something in parentheses. It has "aijo" meaning affection. It literally seems to say "(aijo wo komete)". The kanji for "ko" there can mean "to be crowded; to load; to include; to concentrate".
I'll try and translate more further, but I'm sure there are others here that are more reliable and faster.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-11 at 20:29.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:27   Link #1784
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well the population of Britannia is very large. Their science also seems to be pretty advanced. I'm sure they've considered it and taken it into account.
If they had children with Britannia's large population it wouldn't be inbreeding.

Considering the Britannian Royal Families views, the personality, the whole thing screams European Royalty.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:44   Link #1785
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I wondered about that incest stuff too but wasn't Marianne someone outside the family?
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:48   Link #1786
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I wondered about that incest stuff too but wasn't Marianne someone outside the family?
Marianne was a commoner, so yes, she couldn't have been closely related to Charles. That doesn't mean that some of Charles' other consorts weren't his half-sisters (and by that token, some of Lelouch and Nunnally's half-siblings had 6 toes on each foot. )
Old 2008-10-14, 03:59   Link #1787
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've actually asked about this word before to two Japanese friends of mine and one of the teachers I've had; all of them told me this is a word that is rarely used, and if you use it, it is only with a lover you're really close with. They told me you never use it with anyone else, and not even family. So, since Lelouch used it with Nunnally (and vice-versa), I'm assuming perhaps they were a bit more lax on its usage in Code Geass (or Lelouch and Nunnally actually had a thing for each other).
Hence why I wrote "done with all of one's heart".
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:07   Link #1788
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Can anyone translate the following scan? As we probably know Suzaku's VA, Takahiro Sakurai is involved in a part of the animation in Turn 25. From what I can understand, it seems to be something related in Kallen's room. Can someone enlighten me about it and anything interesting stated in the scans? Like Tamaki's bar? Thanks!

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:06   Link #1789
Train Samurai
Banned

"I just want to point out that the official Geass-net mobile site explains in Nunnally's profile that her blindness gives her the ability to see through the hearts of people just by touching their hands, and in the final episode she found out everything with said ability. Officially, that flashback scene had nothing to do with Lelouch and Codes.

C.C.'s profile has also been updated, and the final part of it now says: "Knowing that Lelouch does not hate her for giving him the Geass, she is now able to show her true feelings. With the realization of "Zero Requiem", her time with Lelouch, who was able to forgive and accept her, came to an end, but the memories created with him has, without doubt, saved her from eternal loneliness."

Having read this, C.C. appears to have been talking about herself when she said this line in the end: "The power of the king will isolate you... I guess it turned out a little different after all... right, Lelouch?". The power of the king eventually leads to immortality (Code); C.C. had the power of the king and for a long time led a lonely existence, but she is now no longer lonely, thanks to her time with Lelouch."

Unless they update Lelouch's profile with some kind of "but maybe he didn't actually die" line, it seems to me that officially, Lelouch is 100% dead. None of the magazines seem to think the ending is at all ambiguous, and none of the staff and cast members seem to think so either. Okouchi, especially, appears to be pretty final about Lelouch's death in his interview ("His life had not been in vain. That was why he smiled in the end", along with his explanation as to why the punishment was necessary from the beginning). As for Taniguchi, he said only 2 things: (in the NewType interview itself) It's up to the viewers whether they want to think of the ending as a Happy End or a Bad End, but he thinks of it as a Happy End. As for what the epilogue meant, the viewers ought to work it out for themselves. The meaning behind C.C.'s final line appears to be part of what he wanted viewers to think about, though Geass-net's already given us the answer to that. Lelouch's fate, is, IMO, not part of what he wanted viewers to think about, because as far as the staff members are concerned Lelouch's fate wasn't at all ambiguous.

By the way, Shimomura Takaharu, one of the staff members involved with advertising, wrote in his "Parting message to Lelouch" (from Animedia):

"Let's all go to the World of C" (For more details, refer to the R2 drama CDs)

Looks like SE6 will feature a track about everyone going to the World of C.

Tomikawa Kiyoharu (Production Desk) has this to say to Lelouch:

"Rest in peace. I'm begging you, please don't come back ever again. (The animating process was just too much trouble!)"

Most of the staff members' parting messages for Lelouch are pretty hilarious, and are in keeping with the Geass sense of humour.
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:12   Link #1790
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
"I just want to point out that the official Geass-net mobile site explains in Nunnally's profile that her blindness gives her the ability to see through the hearts of people just by touching their hands, and in the final episode she found out everything with said ability. Officially, that flashback scene had nothing to do with Lelouch and Codes.

C.C.'s profile has also been updated, and the final part of it now says: "Knowing that Lelouch does not hate her for giving him the Geass, she is now able to show her true feelings. With the realization of "Zero Requiem", her time with Lelouch, who was able to forgive and accept her, came to an end, but the memories created with him has, without doubt, saved her from eternal loneliness."

Having read this, C.C. appears to have been talking about herself when she said this line in the end: "The power of the king will isolate you... I guess it turned out a little different after all... right, Lelouch?". The power of the king eventually leads to immortality (Code); C.C. had the power of the king and for a long time led a lonely existence, but she is now no longer lonely, thanks to her time with Lelouch."

Unless they update Lelouch's profile with some kind of "but maybe he didn't actually die" line, it seems to me that officially, Lelouch is 100% dead. None of the magazines seem to think the ending is at all ambiguous, and none of the staff and cast members seem to think so either. Okouchi, especially, appears to be pretty final about Lelouch's death in his interview ("His life had not been in vain. That was why he smiled in the end", along with his explanation as to why the punishment was necessary from the beginning). As for Taniguchi, he said only 2 things: (in the NewType interview itself) It's up to the viewers whether they want to think of the ending as a Happy End or a Bad End, but he thinks of it as a Happy End. As for what the epilogue meant, the viewers ought to work it out for themselves. The meaning behind C.C.'s final line appears to be part of what he wanted viewers to think about, though Geass-net's already given us the answer to that. Lelouch's fate, is, IMO, not part of what he wanted viewers to think about, because as far as the staff members are concerned Lelouch's fate wasn't at all ambiguous.

By the way, Shimomura Takaharu, one of the staff members involved with advertising, wrote in his "Parting message to Lelouch" (from Animedia):

"Rest in peace. I'm begging you, please don't come back ever again. (The animating process was just too much trouble!)"

Most of the staff members' parting messages for Lelouch are pretty hilarious, and are in keeping with the Geass sense of humour.
I believe this type of ending will be more fitting. Both Lelouch and Suzaku sacrificed themselves for the the sake of happiness and peace to the world. That makes the entire series beautiful Thank you for the information.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:20   Link #1791
inconstant_heart
obsessive 'shipper

And that info comes from Celiss Galvea @ gamefaqs, by the way. I hope someone translates the Okouchi interview soon!
inconstant_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:21   Link #1792
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Lelouch may have desereved to die for the things he did, but he has the responsibility to live and protect what he fought and sacrificed so many people for. Peace is a fragile thing, and only somebody w/ Lelouch's intelligence could see the warning signs that things are falling apart. That's my take on the matter.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:28   Link #1793
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Well, as far as I'm concerned, Lelouch may have desereved to die for the things he did, but he has the responsibility to live and protect what he fought and sacrificed so many people for. Peace is a fragile thing, and only somebody w/ Lelouch's intelligence could see the warning signs that things are falling apart. That's my take on the matter.
That's why he left Suzaku to do it for him, since he will forever be branded as Zero the symbol for Justice and not Suzaku Kugurugi The Knight of Zero means that he will continue to strive to keep the peace Lelouch sacrifice himself to gain.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:50   Link #1794
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
That's why he left Suzaku to do it for him, since he will forever be branded as Zero the symbol for Justice and not Suzaku Kugurugi The Knight of Zero means that he will continue to strive to keep the peace Lelouch sacrifice himself to gain.
Perhaps, but Suzaku is not Lelouch. Not even Schneizel could beat Lelouch in the end. I personally think that it is Lelouch's responsibility to watch from the shadows and protect the peace that he 'created' at such a cost. (He would be like Batman Just like all those Dark Knight parallels.) At least he should be making sure that no one is using Geass to their advantage.

Mind you, I've always found suicide in any form to be the 'chicken-sh#t' way out, so I won't deny I biased in this matter.

EDIT: And at any rate, even if Lelouch is officially 'dead,' if SUNRISE can cash in, you can bet things can be reconned fairly easily with the ending they wrote.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:05   Link #1795
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps, but Suzaku is not Lelouch. Not even Schneizel could beat Lelouch in the end. I personally think that it is Lelouch's responsibility to watch from the shadows and protect the peace that he 'created' at such a cost. (He would be like Batman Just like all those Dark Knight parallels.) At least he should be making sure that no one is using Geass to their advantage.

Mind you, I've always found suicide in any form to be the 'chicken-sh#t' way out, so I won't deny I biased in this matter.

EDIT: And at any rate, even if Lelouch is officially 'dead,' if SUNRISE can cash in, you can bet things can be reconned fairly easily with the ending they wrote.
Regardless, Zero is just a symbol nothing more nothing less Lelouch said so himself and the person behind the mask has the world on their shoulders. Whether Lelouch was intelligent his actions and misdeeds far outweighed his right to hold the mask any longer and whether Suzaku can do a better job is up to interpretation. Regrading suicide your not alone I believe the same way too, but I seriously could not see him being accepted anywhere after all he cause and there are so many places you can hide until they will eventually find you, afterall Lelouch wanted to be happy with everyone again but he thought it seem fit to sacrifice himself so everyone could be happy instead of him.

EDIT: Ah you can say that but that would destroy any sort of emotion felt in his final moments and really there are other ways to show him without being alive persay. It goes without saying it can't be Code Geass with without a Lelouch in there in some shape or form.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:08   Link #1796
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:

Can you link me the website?

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 12:18   Link #1797
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Can you link me the website?
Post is copy pasta from Celiss Galvea, probably one of the two most well known sources of translated geass info in English speaking geass fandom besides Koshimizu.

She translated all the bokura no hibi short stories for one. She also recently translated the post show interview with Tanigushi, Fukuyama and Sakurai from newtype, but she hasn't gotten to doing the whole Okouchi one yet.
Old 2008-10-14, 15:29   Link #1798
darthfury78

Quote:
Regardless, Zero is just a symbol nothing more nothing less Lelouch said so himself and the person behind the mask has the world on their shoulders. Whether Lelouch was intelligent his actions and misdeeds far outweighed his right to hold the mask any longer and whether Suzaku can do a better job is up to interpretation. Regrading suicide your not alone I believe the same way too, but I seriously could not see him being accepted anywhere after all he cause and there are so many places you can hide until they will eventually find you, afterall Lelouch wanted to be happy with everyone again but he thought it seem fit to sacrifice himself so everyone could be happy instead of him.

EDIT: Ah you can say that but that would destroy any sort of emotion felt in his final moments and really there are other ways to show him without being alive persay. It goes without saying it can't be Code Geass with without a Lelouch in there in some shape or form.
Even if Lelouch had become a good Emperor, he was a dead man by both the Black Knights and the Britannian factions who was against him becoming Emperor. Although he could have let Schniezel take the throne, Lelouch could never go back to the life that he once enjoyed. He couldn't go back to Ashford Academy. So Zero's Requiem was the only escape because if he was shown to have died in front of a united world against him, they would have moved on towards peace. If he had tried to do that publically, no one would trust him because of his geass powers, which has caused him to become an outcast of society. Had he not gone to the shrine to meet Suzaku in Turn 18, the Zero Requiem would not have happened.

Like all revolutions, the people who have started the case for peace rarely lives to see it happen. And in this case, Lelouch is now at peace with Euphemia. Cornelia doesn't hate Lelouch. It was the curse of the geass that turned her loving little brother into a monster who killed her sister. In the last 13 episodes, I feared that Lelouch might die, and that he did. Meaning that Code Geass is over from where R2 had ended.

Imagine if Lelouch never got the geass? Kallen and the other resistance menbers would have died that day. Charles and Marianne's evil plans to rid the world of lies would have come true. Clovis, Euphemia, and Shirley would still be alive. And Milly would have been stuck in a loveless relationship with Lloyd so that her family could regain their Noble status back.

Thanks to Lelouch, Britannia is no longer a threat to the world. Although I don't think that Britannia would give in so easily, nor would it have joined the UFN without some serious opposition. The story might have had a very different ending if Lelouch's Zero identity and the geass wasn't exposed to the Black Knights. It must have pained Kaguya too much to have to turn her face away from Lelouch because she was afraid that he might geass her.

I must admit that I was disappointed with R2 as a whole when comparing it to Season One. Everything about the last few episodes was so predictible.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:38   Link #1799
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
I must admit that I was disappointed with R2 as a whole when comparing it to Season One. Everything about the last few episodes was so predictible.
I disagree, there was quite a few things that we did not expect. For example, how we all had ideas about Diethard, then he died a lowly (but cool) death. And the whole Mao trick on Scheinzel. And do not even mention certain people not dying.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:07   Link #1800
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Post is copy pasta from Celiss Galvea, probably one of the two most well known sources of translated geass info in English speaking geass fandom besides Koshimizu.

She translated all the bokura no hibi short stories for one. She also recently translated the post show interview with Tanigushi, Fukuyama and Sakurai from newtype, but she hasn't gotten to doing the whole Okouchi one yet.
Is this site updated by the code geass staff? If so, then lelouch is dead for sure.

If not, then I will just post an old update from the official website (not the mobile one)

Official website updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshimizu
V.V.
He's a mysterious boy who conducts the power of geass and immortality, same as C.C.
He is actually the Britannia Emperor's twin older brother, and has something to do with C.C. and deceased Marianne. After C.C. fled, he became the leader of the Geass Cult, and proceeded with the god-killing plan with the Emperor.
He was wounded in the battle with Lelouch. Afterwards, when he contacted the emperor, he somehow lost his immortality and died.

C.C.
She's a mysterious girl who conducts the power of geass. Her true identity is a slave girl saved by the predecessor C.C, the sister who gave her geass powers long ago. In addition, she inhirited the immortality forcibly.
To save Lelouch from battling the Emperor, and also to fulfill her own wish "to die", she showed herself in the twilight shrine. However, she changed her mind because of Lelouch's words. When they escape form that space, she lost her immortaility and her memory as "C.C".
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote