AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-07, 20:22   Link #2041
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Send a message via MSN to Xemn
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungz21 View Post
neji's uncle never said neji was better than him he was just surprised at how neji was able to use moves from the main branch. im pretty sure his uncle knows more techniques than neji does. the magna has specifically shown neji bieng trained by his uncle. Also im pretty sure that if neji was stronger than his uncle he wouldnt do the training
Lol, first of all, its "manga" not "magna". Also, Neji's father told him that the Byukugan blood flowed most strongly in Neji's blood then anyone else. This basicly states that Neji is more stronger then anyone in his clan. Also, his uncle is just teaching him the Hyuuga Clan secrets. This will make Neji even more stronger. His Uncle is not stronger, he just knows more about the abilities of the byukugan then Neji, and Neji will very soon *surpass him.

*Surpass as in knowledge of the byukugan

Also, you may think, "If you know more, duh u newb, u r stronger." That would be incorrect. Kakashi is the Copy Ninja for a reason, and can do any jutsu he pleases if it does not require a kekkei genkai. But he is defeated by Itachi. Why? Itachi is more consistent in the Sharigan. That makes him stronger, with or without tons of knowledge of jutsu.

Last edited by Xemn; 2008-11-07 at 23:00.
Xemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 04:33   Link #2042
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Like I said, we will never know for sure until it happens. We don't even know how strong Neji has become or how his byakugan could match up to the sharingan. There's a lot of talk about how these two bloodline limits are revered not just in Konohagakure but in other countries as well. Even Deidara mentions how he would love to fight a byakugan user and compare its strengths to the sharingan when he saw Neji.

Enough talk, let's see some action! I don't really care who wins, I would just like to find out once and for all how a byakugan and a sharingan user fight against each other.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:16   Link #2043
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemn View Post
Also, Neji's father told him that the Byukugan blood flowed most strongly in Neji's blood then anyone else. This basicly states that Neji is more stronger then anyone in his clan.
No it only means he has more potential.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:25   Link #2044
yungz21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
no it only means he has more potential.

exactly my point
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 14:37   Link #2045
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No it only means he has more potential.
By now, Neji (Manga) should be stronger then his uncle.

Quote:
exactly my point
How can that be your point if you didn't contribute any statement to it...
Old 2008-11-08, 15:20   Link #2046
yungz21

Quote:
By now, Neji (Manga) should be stronger then his uncle.

How can that be your point if you didn't contribute any statement to it...

Did you not read my last posts. I doubt after 2 years he is stronger than his uncle. Neji hasnt really shown much improvement other than the ability to use mid range attacks. I think it will be a while before he is stronger than his uncle.
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 20:26   Link #2047
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Quote:
Did you not read my last posts. I doubt after 2 years he is stronger than his uncle. Neji hasnt really shown much improvement other than the ability to use mid range attacks. I think it will be a while before he is stronger than his uncle.
Oh wow... and how much have we seen from Neji's uncle... Maybe Neji's Uncle has already taught him all he could? Have you thought about that possibility. Of course not...

Also, how could you think 2 years of training would only get him so far... most likely he has a couple (A.K.A. alot) of tricks up his sleeve.
Old 2008-11-09, 00:27   Link #2048
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Oh wow... and how much have we seen from Neji's uncle... Maybe Neji's Uncle has already taught him all he could? Have you thought about that possibility. Of course not...

Also, how could you think 2 years of training would only get him so far... most likely he has a couple (A.K.A. alot) of tricks up his sleeve.
I agree with you on that one. None of us really know how strong or weak Neji is compared to Sasuke and the others. He wasn't given much exposure since the Sasuke retrieval arc from the original Naruto series. After the time skip all we've seen is Neji fighting Neji which wasn't much. Yet he was made Jounin in just two years, that's got to mean something.

Neji tends to hide his real abilities unless he feels he has to "show off". He's the type who can defeat an opponent with almost no effort. If he's forced to fight an opponent of his level or perhaps stronger, he's bound to use more than a trick or two.

Remember he's considered a tensai, a natural genius just like Sasuke, Itachi, Kakashi, Minato, Orochimaru and Sarutobi. He was able to duplicate Hyuuga techniques just by watching them. All the other geniuses I've mentioned have one thing in common, they were all able to create original techniques whether from scratch or an improvement of an existing jutsu. So who knows, perhaps Neji created one himself as well. We would never really know unless Kishimoto decides to give the character more screentime.
Old 2008-11-09, 10:38   Link #2049
TehVenom

Yeah he should get another fight... And ye he was a natural genius! He was awesome until kishi like abandoned him^^ You know who also was a natural genius and could have been super strong by now? Haku...
TehVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 16:23   Link #2050
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

they both are pretty cool to me.
Old 2008-11-09, 23:49   Link #2051
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I know that what I'm writing isn't totally about the byakugan vs sharingan
Then don't write it there.
I moved your post and the ones answering it here.
For people who wants to discuss about Neji and Sasuke in particular rather the Byakugan and the Sharingan in general, this thread is for you.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 00:41   Link #2052
ronin myael
lost ronin

Actually, I’m really talking about the sharingan and the byakugan. I’m just comparing it based on two of the most prolific users of both bloodline limits, Sasuke and Neji.

So far, we only know of four sharingan users: Kakashi – who acquired the ability through Uchiha Obito and therefore could only use it through one eye, and not as efficiently as those who naturally possess it; Itachi – who had proven to be one of the strongest sharingan users, if not the strongest; Sasuke – a natural tensai just like his brother Itachi and his sensei Kakashi, and is expected to carry the bloodline limit into the next generation, and Madara – who possesses a sharingan that allowed him to become immortal. We may know very few sharingan users but among these four we were given enough information regarding this accursed bloodline limit. We know its strengths and weaknesses. We know that continuous use of the mangekyou sharingan causes damage to its user’s vision, which is a major drawback. But we also understand that it’s an ability not to be messed with.

As for the byakugan, we only know of three: Neji’s uncle – their clan leader and perhaps the strongest among them apart from Neji; Hinata – who is not known to possess the natural talent for it, and of course Neji – the tensai and the Hyuuga clan’s most talented byakugan user. But among the three, there’s not much we know about this bloodline limit except that it has a near 360-degree-vision with blind spots that enemies could take advantage of. We also know that it is famously known, envied and feared by other clans just like the sharingan. Neji’s father had to die because another clan wanted to steal its secrets. After all these years we still know very little about byakugan, so basically it’s an ability that has yet to lift its veil of secrecy.

Over the years the two bloodline limits are repeatedly compared. Every time someone speaks of the byakugan, almost always the sharingan is brought up as well. The sharingan was even said to be a “product” of byakugan, and the Hyuuga clan have been known to claim that the Uchiha are related to them because of this. But despite these comparisons, we have yet to see an actual battle between byakugan and sharingan users, so we really have no idea how these two bloodline limits match up against each other. We were given a teaser when Kishimoto introduced the idea of a rivalry between Sasuke and Neji. Like any avid Naruto fan, I waited and grew excited for a possible match up between the two. But sadly, it wasn’t to be. Personally, I would just like to see that match up happen. What could be a better way to show how byakugan and sharingan fare against each other than a Sasuke-Neji showdown? It doesn’t matter who wins because not all battles are won by skills and talents anyway, luck also comes into play. But a duel between the two characters would allow us to see how a byakugan user fights against the sharingan.

As for those who doubt whether Neji could even be in the same level as Sasuke, when Kakashi first laid eyes on Neji’s abilities during the Chuunin exams, he said that Neji’s tenketsu is no match for his sharingan. His vision is nowhere near as accurate as that of the boy. He also said that Neji and Sasuke are in different levels, if they were to fight right then and there, Sasuke would be of no match to him. I believe he made that comparison knowing that Neji is the strongest member under Team Gai and Sasuke was the strongest in his. But that was years ago, Sasuke had obviously surpassed most of his peers. I have a nagging suspicion that even Kakashi would be of no match to him now. But like I said in my previous posts, we would never know for sure until it happens. The sharingan has some glaring weaknesses and so does Sasuke, as powerful as he is now. I’m just curious as to how his sharingan fares with that of Neji’s byakugan, and we all know that Neji is no pushover either and in fact, a tensai like him.
Old 2008-11-11, 20:14   Link #2053
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Wouldn't it be easier to consider each of the eyes techniques and see how a wielder of the rival bloodline could respond to them?
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 02:24   Link #2054
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I, too, would love to see a showdown between Neji and Sasuke. I wonder how Neji would fare seeing as he's largely a taijutsu user, whereas Sasuke is arguably heavily dependent on his ninjutsu techniques, though obviously he's extremely strong in hand-to-hand as well. I would especially like to see some direct Byakugan vs. Sharingan doujutsu conflict, though technically speaking Byakugan don't possess doujutsu like the Sharingan does (as far as we know).

Hopefully Kishimoto will make some kind of contest between Neji/Hinata and Sasuke/Kakashi, though seeing as neither Neji nor Hinata are really main characters, I see little possibility of this happening.
Old 2008-11-12, 08:01   Link #2055
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

One thing essencial to comprehending whichtechnique is stronger would be to know if the sharingan's "predicting" capacity is fast enough to catch up with the Juuken Ryuu.

Oh and
Spoiler for Image:
Old 2008-11-12, 08:01   Link #2056
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for Sasuke beat who?:
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 09:14   Link #2057
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah sasuke did not really beat him, but I don't see how ultimately a byakugan user could survive a amaterasu.
Old 2008-11-12, 10:31   Link #2058
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
Yeah sasuke did not really beat him, but I don't see how ultimately a byakugan user could survive a amaterasu.
Try doing a doujutsu with water that can put out any fire . I'm going on such a far stretch here .
Old 2008-11-12, 10:34   Link #2059
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Try doing a doujutsu with water that can put out any fire . I'm going on such a far stretch here .
But that creates a mindfuck, the water can put out any fire, and the fire cannot, be put out. The universe would implode.
Old 2008-11-12, 11:37   Link #2060
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
I believe that amaterasu is invisible until it hits its target. The Hyuuga clan sees chakra, so it is not unlikely that they would be able to see amaterasu coming. Much like they can see through illusions and solid objects due to their lack of a working chakra network.

Amaterasu is not a technique where you just will an object to burst into black flames and it just happens. We know this because a MS user is still able to miss with Amaterasu. That means that it still has to travel a distance. A distance that a Hyuuga clan member would be able to see it coming from unless it was projected from the blind spot.

That's my best explanation for how a Hyuuga member would deal with a Uchiha member's amaterasu.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote