AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 14:55   Link #61
sayde

I wonder if Kubo will play up the uniqueness of Ichigo's bankai to explain why it couldn't be absorbed. Because as Byakuya once thought, it's "impossible" to have such a small bankai (which implies that Bankai's are usually grand in scale in one way or another). Will there be a plot-related explanation as to why Ichigo's is so different in comparison to everyone else? And will this be why he has bankai plot protection? Or will the nature of Ichigo's bankai have nothing to do with it?
Old 2012-03-02, 15:00   Link #62
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I wonder if Kubo will play up the uniqueness of Ichigo's bankai to explain why it couldn't be absorbed. Because as Byakuya once thought, it's "impossible" to have such a small bankai (which implies that Bankai's are usually grand in scale in one way or another). Will there be a plot-related explanation as to why Ichigo's is so different in comparison to everyone else? And will this be why he has bankai plot protection? Or will the nature of Ichigo's bankai have nothing to do with it?
my assumption was that it was because ichigo has fullbring attached to it now. I'm not sure if the 'small bankai' quote will hold up or if it has already been disproven it depends on what 'small' means I guess. Some bankai are huge, but some are in between or kind of small. it's all pretty negligible
Old 2012-03-02, 15:54   Link #63
sayde

Well there's different types of Bankai's out there. For instance, Bankai's like Hitsu's, Kensei's, Soifon's, Renji's, and Ikkaku's are similar to Ichigo in that they have equip-type bankai's that modify their own appearance to varying degrees. These in general always seem pretty small next to summoning-type bankai's like Mayuri's or Komamura's or caster-type bankai's with a huge area of effect like Byakuya, or Tousen.

Having said that, of the equip-types we've seen, they all seem relatively large in appearance in some way next to Ichigo's. I mean Soifon gets a massive bazooka for an arm, Hitsu gets huge wings and a long tail, Ikkaku gets some very large equipment to wield, Kensei has that large purple band arching behind him and his zanpakuto goes from being a single small combat knife to a pair of large knuckle blades, and Renji's is pretty obvious. All Ichigo gets is a change of clothing and a smaller zanpakuto. For all intents and purposes, his bankai actually shrinks his appearance a little. So it's definitely the smallest in appearance and scale in comparison to every type of bankai we've seen yet, including those who share his bankai type. I could see Kubo possibly using some fridge logic here to reveal some kind of surprising revelation related to the fact. Though the new fullbring attachment excuse sounds much easier to explain IMO. So I think that has a better chance of being correct. However, it would be interesting to know why Ichigo's bankai differs from all the others we've seen since Kubo did feel inclined to point that out years ago.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:41   Link #64
Casshern

Quote:
as Byakuya once thought, it's "impossible" to have such a small bankai
When did he say that? Was it that time they went to the... public urinals?

bu dum-tish
Old 2012-03-03, 00:24   Link #65
sayde

ehh...it was that time back in chapter 163.
Old 2012-03-03, 08:47   Link #66
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Well there's plenty of dead Quincy's thanks to the shinigami. So maybe a group of them moved onto became hollows and then evolved into arrancar? *shrugs*

Though honestly I think Kubo might have a surprise in store for us. He claims they're not arrancar. In fact, he questioned what Ichigo even meant by "arrancar". So I suppose its possible that these guys could be something unrelated.
The speculation that the new bad guys are beings that can absorb and use any type of spirit power (Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy, fullbring) makes sense. That would explain why the guy Ichigo's fighting didn't consider himself an arrancar, and why he wanted to trap Ichigo's bankai. Kubo's covered that ground before with Espada #9, but didn't really show the potential. #9 only used Kaien's powers, because aside from that he had only absorbed other hollow.

But even if that's correct, these enemies definitely seem to have their powers rooted in Quincy techniques rather than being equal mixture.

Waiting to see what Ryuuken knows about these guys.

Quote:
All Ichigo gets is a change of clothing and a smaller zanpakuto. For all intents and purposes, his bankai actually shrinks his appearance a little. So it's definitely the smallest in appearance and scale in comparison to every type of bankai we've seen yet, including those who share his bankai type. I could see Kubo possibly using some fridge logic here to reveal some kind of surprising revelation related to the fact. Though the new fullbring attachment excuse sounds much easier to explain IMO. So I think that has a better chance of being correct. However, it would be interesting to know why Ichigo's bankai differs from all the others we've seen since Kubo did feel inclined to point that out years ago.
He kinda did when it was first introduced. He had Byakuya explain that the small size of Ichigo's bankai actually compresses all his powers which magnifies their intensity.

Old 2012-03-03, 09:55   Link #67
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The speculation that the new bad guys are beings that can absorb and use any type of spirit power (Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy, fullbring) makes sense. That would explain why the guy Ichigo's fighting didn't consider himself an arrancar, and why he wanted to trap Ichigo's bankai.
That sounds plausible as well.

Quote:
He kinda did when it was first introduced. He had Byakuya explain that the small size of Ichigo's bankai actually compresses all his powers which magnifies their intensity.
I'm aware Byakuya explained why the effects of Ichigo's bankai made it so small. But I was questioning why Ichigo was gifted with a bankai that ran contrary to every other bankai in this series. In other words, while every other bankai in this series sort-of expands and releases a shiniagmi's powers outwards, Ichigo's bankai is sort of implied to be the only one to ever do the exact opposite for the sake augmenting his strength. So is it just a complete coincidence? Or will Kubo come up with a creative reason for it (perhaps going so far as to connect such an explanation to his unique rate of growth as a shinigami). Its a long shot and probably very unlikely to happen. But I think I'd be amused if that were the case.
Old 2012-03-03, 20:08   Link #68
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

^ dont leave kubo to come up with anything creative, he hasent done somthing like that in a while, his brain might explode if he tries that!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-03-04, 02:24   Link #69
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
^ dont leave kubo to come up with anything creative, he hasent done somthing like that in a while, his brain might explode if he tries that!
i think that may have already happened... and it was all part of aizen's plan
Old 2012-03-04, 11:51   Link #70
inisipis

I'm getting this bad, dare I say it..., a Bounto vibes going on.

We're a Clan that you Soul reapers tried to eliminate long ago, now we're at Soul society all powered with awesome powers that we've sucked up soul particles here that we would use to destroy the entire Soul society, but, not today you have to wait in a couple of days for it. We just want to warn you first because we're so bad-ass and likes to use German words.
Old 2012-03-04, 14:17   Link #71
sayde

I'm calling it now. The announcement of war and the battles to ensue will all be one big diversion to free Aizen.
Old 2012-03-04, 15:01   Link #72
inisipis

Quote:
I'm calling it now. The announcement of war and the battles to ensue will all be one big diversion to free Aizen.
Quite possible. I always think Aizen to be the ever final boss.
Old 2012-03-05, 07:53   Link #73
itachi-san314

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
Quite possible. I always think Aizen to be the ever final boss.
agreed. it was all part of aizen's plan to have the vandenreich invade SS and for quincies to hollowify in order to free him from prison in some insanely convoluted way so that he could fight ichigo again with fullbring powers that he was well aware of and intended ichigo to get after his imprisonment from a degenerate substitute shinigami that aizen knew would offer help to ichigo for his own insanely convoluted reasons.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:30   Link #74
Calca
Expressionless

Just as planned, the only way for me to evolve was to be locked down in the darkest prison for a year.

-Aizen
Old 2012-03-05, 23:20   Link #75
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
but on the contrary...Aizen is already free..we're just not seeing it, for THAT is his plan...seriously though, Aizen is off being Tobi in Naruto =P.

I really hope this arc turns out to be a saving grace for Bleach..going out with a bang that doesn't leave many disappointments. Right now it's a bit slow..but knowing this is the 'final' arc, it can go on forever if need be.

Most looking forward to: New Quincy Bow designs. This Ivan guy's bow looked pretty awesome. Also hoping that just Ichigo's power allowed him to break out of that trap, its about time he gets to just muscle around people's abilities. Could Sasakibe really be dead? If these guys are really Quincy-esque, maybe they can absorb him (made from spirit particles =D) before 4th Squad can heal him..and there we have.. actual DEATHS.
Old 2012-03-06, 02:37   Link #76
itachi-san314

random thought, but ichigo always powers up right? and he usually gets the powers of other beings: soul reapers, hollows, visoreds, fullbringers. so... anyone think he may get some quincy powers in this arc? might be cool for him to have a spirit bow
Old 2012-03-06, 04:19   Link #77
Knjaz

Quote:
I'd say the opposite might happen as well. SS going desperate after few huge defeats and releasing Aizen. But that, most likely, would require Yamamoto's / Spirit King's death.

Remember what Aizen told to Yama-ji after latter one absorbed the explosion?

"Thanks to your grace, my world was protected". Of course, he could just mean his own plans here.

That, and Ichigo thoughts about Aizen in chapter 422 pages 15-17.
Old 2012-03-06, 04:26   Link #78
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Remember that Quincy weapons — unlike a Shinigami's Zanpakutou — destroys the soul of anything it attacks. So that means that Sasakibe is most likely killed, unless that lance is a much weaker version of the Vandenreich's true arsenal.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:15   Link #79
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
The speculation that the new bad guys are beings that can absorb and use any type of spirit power (Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy, fullbring) makes sense. That would explain why the guy Ichigo's fighting didn't consider himself an arrancar, and why he wanted to trap Ichigo's bankai. Kubo's covered that ground before with Espada #9, but didn't really show the potential. #9 only used Kaien's powers, because aside from that he had only absorbed other hollow.

But even if that's correct, these enemies definitely seem to have their powers rooted in Quincy techniques rather than being equal mixture.
Power absorption definitely seems a natural extension of Quincy techniques which derive on absorbing reiatsu. I may misrecall, but Ishida also beat a Privalon espada by absorbing her reiatsu way back when, did he not?
Old 2012-03-06, 20:19   Link #80
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
random thought, but ichigo always powers up right? and he usually gets the powers of other beings: soul reapers, hollows, visoreds, fullbringers. so... anyone think he may get some quincy powers in this arc? might be cool for him to have a spirit bow
Fighting with a bow and arrow like a sissy?! (no offense to Ishida). Nah, Ichigo is a brawler like Kenpachi or Ikkaku. Except for the occasional GT, he fights up close and personal.

Of course, I"ll be forced to eat my words when we find out his mother was a Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Power absorption definitely seems a natural extension of Quincy techniques which derive on absorbing reiatsu. I may misrecall, but Ishida also beat a Privalon espada by absorbing her reiatsu way back when, did he not?
Oh yeah, he did. Wonder if Ivan or any of these other Quincy have their own version of Seele Schneider?

Closed Thread