AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 13:43   Link #3441
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
For now the only stable couple L-Elf is Haruto

I see nothing wrong with a little love in the midst of war, but I am skeptical to an L-Elf x Shoko. There is still the princess and not know what will actually happen with Haruto and Saki.
Shoko Vs. Princess Lise, a main character vs a support character, it kind of obvious who will win in a shipping battle. I'll be very surprise if Lise actually survived in the end. As for Saki and Haruto, with all the preview and commercial showing them together, their kissing scene in episode 5 and the scene where Saki is screaming Haruto's name when he is caged along with what happened in episode 10. Well I think you know where I'm getting at... I could be wrong but everything that happened and everything that will happens keep teasing Saki x Haruto.
Old 2013-10-08, 14:14   Link #3442
Destined_Fate

Saki is a good because she will prop up Haruto. L-Elf is already #1 and Shoko is like #3. So that's already a power couple right there.

Saki is #2 while Haruto is like #6.

Haruto really needs Saki's help in more ways than one and she's ultimately what Haruto needs in his life as well. After all Saki knows the truth about Haruto, accepts him, and is willing to let Haruto know how it is without sugarcoating things. This in turn makes him stronger and gets him to realize what's happening before him and not living in denial or having Shoko sugarcoat things for him or making him believe he isn't responsible for some of the things he's done.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 15:38   Link #3443
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Pshaw, L-Elf has a more stable relationship with Shoko than Haruto. Shoko at least gets along and does what L-Elf wants now while still remaining herself and L-Elf has listened to her too. While Haruto is still trying to pass himself off as a Tsundere and not listening to L-Elf unless it benefits him or it's something he already wants done. L-Elf also is blackmailed to listen to Haruto while L-Elf listens to Shoko because he wants to and vice versa. Hell, Haruto was willing to let Cain escape until L-Elf told him to off'em and even than he hesitated a bit to try and kill the guy that had just killed a ton of his student friends.
When did Haruto blackmail L-Elf?

That annoyed me so much, when Haruto had to declare he protect everyone before shooting as if he needed a to find a noble reason. This isn't a shounen and that moment proves it with how out of place it was.
Old 2013-10-08, 15:47   Link #3444
Destined_Fate

Haruto has blackmailed L-Elf multiple times. He has even denied L-Elf's offer to help unless L-Elf obeys his rules. Haruto was even willing to let the colony get screwed over unless L-Elf listened, if L-Elf had refused to obey than Haruto was screwed. So he bet that L-Elf was willing to accept being blackmailed - Do as I say or I wont help you nor will I accept your help, because he figured L-Elf needed him more than he didn't.

He's lucky that L-Elf was willing to accept that blackmail to obtain Haruto's fighting ability.
Old 2013-10-08, 16:15   Link #3445
Kurohane

If your talking about episode 8, I wouldn't calling it threatening since L-Elf had nothing to lose. Haruto only declared how things were going to be or no deal, which was stupid, since he and the school were the one's in trouble. Haruto isn't known for being consistent. In episode 7, he was adamant of not wanting L-elf involved, saying "we're not going to be your soldiers". Two episodes later after Aina died, they are his soldiers.
Old 2013-10-08, 21:31   Link #3446
~BC~

L-Elf does have something to lose. That's Lieselotte. Having things fall through with Haruto and co. would put him back to his original time schedule (with an additional five years to accomplish his goals). Considering the political unrest in Dorssia I'm fairly sure he wouldn't want to take the risk of delaying his plans just to spite Haruto.

However, I agree that Haruto wasn't blackmailing so much as negotiating. All of his "threats" were under the assumption that L-Elf had something to protect as well. The whole idea behind this compromise is that both have something to gain/lose.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 21:57   Link #3447
Fjoergyn

We are within hours of the first chapter and I'm excited. Better to be prepared for any change that does not suit our tastes
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:23   Link #3448
Kurohane

I thought the new season started on the tenth?
Old 2013-10-08, 22:29   Link #3449
~BC~

It does. People are just a little too excited and forgetting Japan is only about 13 hours ahead of us (and this show airs very late).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 23:13   Link #3450
Kurohane

Ahh, I understand.
Old 2013-10-09, 18:19   Link #3451
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

More result from the poll is in, Saki ranked 2nd on the most favored character, 1st on the female character that you want to "kamitsuki" and 2nd on who will you share egg and ham with. L-elf probably is 1st on most favored character (still unknown but quite obvious), 1st on the male character that you want "kamitsuki" and lastly 1st again on who will you share egg and ham with. Shoko ranked 1st on who you doesn't want as a boss and 3rd most favored character. Now onto our poor Haruto, he ranked 6th most favored character and 2nd on the male character you want to kamitsuki. So happy that my Saki ranked so high ~

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-10-09 at 18:30.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 18:35   Link #3452
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
More result from the poll is in, Saki ranked 2nd on the most favored character, 1st on the female character that you want to "kamitsuki" and 2nd on who will you share egg and ham with. L-elf probably is 1st on most favored character (still unknown but quite obvious), 1st on the male character that you want "kamitsuki" and lastly 1st again on who will you share egg and ham with. Shoko ranked 1st on who you doesn't want as a boss and 3rd most favored character. Now onto our poor Haruto, he ranked 6th most favored character and 2nd on the male character you want to kamitsuki. So happy that my Saki ranked so high ~
Feels good when your favorite characters are L-elf and Saki xD

I am, however, a little disappointed that Cain didn't rank as high in the favorite character rankings.
c0de_da1sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 18:46   Link #3453
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post
Feels good when your favorite characters are L-elf and Saki xD

I am, however, a little disappointed that Cain didn't rank as high in the favorite character rankings.
L-Elf and Saki was very obvious, same with Haruto really has not earned the empathy of many. We await a season full of shocking surprises
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:56   Link #3454
Destined_Fate

Eh, I like the main characters well enough.

I also like the dynamics of Shoko x L-Elf and Saki x Haruto. It's almost like they were each made for the other due to how well they work as couples.
Old 2013-10-10, 01:29   Link #3455
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

ALERT:

Sunrise has not fixed their leaking problem

Was on 2chan when I found out, but I got there too late

All I can say is
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-10, 05:58   Link #3456
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
ALERT:

Sunrise has not fixed their leaking problem

Was on 2chan when I found out, but I got there too late

All I can say is
Spoiler:

What is this OTP you're speaking of?

Theres two in my book.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:03   Link #3457
Key Board
Carbon

well, there's just a little bit of progress for Haruto x Saki

Spoiler:

A small victory, I suppose. At least you can tell that she means something to him.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:09   Link #3458
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
well, there's just a little bit of progress for Haruto x Saki

Spoiler:

A small victory, I suppose. At least you can tell that she means something to him.
Can't wait to see this season's op.

Posted this back in june/july around ep 5 of VVV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
If you watch the OP in the scene after L-Elf where everyone is in space and is either looking right or left, I believe that everyone that is looking towards the right are the pilots or has to do something with the Valvraves. This is just a theory because on most animes I watch and studied the OP, most of my guesses about the anime were correct.

Also in the ending where eveyrone is facing right or left, I believe those are the pairs.
This is a wild guess based on the bonds/relationships that were built in episode 5.
At first I thought it was a type of showcasing where they partner would look the opposite way(they had your back kinda thing, but its in fact the opposite. The partner would look the same way.
This is due because the glasses guy and bully were looking the same way( built bonds/gained respect in episode 5)
The pres and vice president were looking the same way also.
The two teacher's looked opposite ways because they didn't click at all during their little dialogue.
Haruto's friend and glasses girl spent alot of time together in the past 5 episodes also and were looking the same way.

What does this mean?
L-Elf x Shouko
Haruto x Saki

The OP and ED contradict each other
Depending on which way they are facing the opposite direction in the OP and the same direction in the ED
Partner/friends/interests they look
In the OP is the right/left up/down
in the end is the right/right up/up
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:58   Link #3459
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
What is this OTP you're speaking of?

Theres two in my book.
I was referring to the scene when Haruto bit L-Elf
Old 2013-10-10, 08:18   Link #3460
shalala

Am I the only one that likes it when vampire Haruto goes after L-Elf. Where he then proceeds to bite him only to fail at his attempt to do so. I would be happy if them two ended up being together.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire