AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-30, 20:12   Link #21
Datj

It seems to me that the ep was almost hastily put together.

It wasnt as polished as the other arc's endings. In fact this entire arc really hasnt been to the quality of suspence as the others.

I dont know if the game was like that, since i havent played it 'yet'. But if anyone can give me a heads up if im right..that this was a "slow"(and i use that word lightly) arc.

Edit: You know Deku Kirby .......i thought i was the only one that would notice that. *ominous music plays*
Old 2006-06-30, 20:12   Link #22
BakaOnna

I have no idea what to give this episode. I don't even know what to think about it. But wow, just WOW. Then ending was just... WEIRD! But that's not saying much considering the last 2 arc endings. I'll have to come back to figure out what I'll give this episode. Some of the facial distortions were a bit... to much... But overall, another great ending for an arc. I also find it kind of funny and ironic how:
Spoiler:

Well, I'll come back and think of some theories after I get over the overall shock of the episode.
Old 2006-06-30, 20:57   Link #23
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I loved the suspence in this episode but some things in it were really messed up, alas. And I am again confused as hell.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-30, 21:46   Link #24
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Referring to the TIPS on 6/26....

Spoiler:

Also..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-30, 22:13   Link #25
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Extremely weird and bizzarre. I understand there was more explanation
in the game apparently for those who have played it but still you get the
feeling that nobody in this game can catch a break. At all. Good grief.

Can't wait for the next two arcs. This will be the all-time mess with
your head series for sure.
Old 2006-06-30, 22:14   Link #26
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Is it safe to assume that the gentleman found in the bag in the beginning of this chapter was Satoko's uncle?

Last edited by frad113; 2006-06-30 at 22:44.
Old 2006-06-30, 22:55   Link #27
LostBlue
祭囃子

No. Unlike the past two arcs that happen in real time. The person in the bag is Rina (Ritsuko) who is...

Anywho, See post 51 in the TIPS thread for details:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=51

Also when KJ-san unlocks them, I would see three post in the TIPS thread that retain to this EP. They're not TIPS perse but 2 epilogues and the credits to this chapter. It'll mess with your head more XD
Old 2006-06-30, 23:09   Link #28
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Mmm, I honestly didn't like this episode at all. Too many irrational things on Keiichi's part that had me going "Oh geez" throughout.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-30, 23:18   Link #29
BakaOnna

Meh, I decided to give the ep. a 9 since I didn't like it as much as the last two endings. Besides, eps. 11 and 12 are the 10's in this arc, for me at least.

Anyway, here's something I found interesting after reading the TIP.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-01, 00:28   Link #30
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The anime also didn't get to portray the #1 most important thing about the Rika scene. I know it's probably a little too strong to show on TV, but I still would've liked to see some portrayals of it:
Spoiler:
That'll probably be in the DVD. The scene looked like it was censored like Elfen Lied was(extremely dark shadows blocking out the grossness)
Old 2006-07-01, 01:51   Link #31
chrno_the_sinner

Ummm..... that interview was.... very creepy, though I can see why it wasn't included.

Spoiler for interview:

The Rika scene looked like it got a bit of censorship. Here's hoping for a dvd release uncut.
Old 2006-07-01, 01:53   Link #32
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
lol this ending was rather unexpected. I didn't like it as much as the other endings and I can't seem to find any logical explanation behind everything other then Keiichi = god? lol

also wth were Rena, Mion, and Shion >.< They made like one appearance each in this arc.

Things won't go smoothly when he wakes up and hears that everyone did die xD, he's going to flip.
Old 2006-07-01, 02:59   Link #33
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Wow, now I know why you guys were so mad they didn't include the interview. Though I can see why they wouldn't include it, having some people listen to an old tape for 10 minutes would've been pretty boring.

But they could still make it a DVD extra, not a fully animated scene, but just the recording. I remember they had 15 minute audio segments on the Midori Days DVD, so it's not entirely impossible.
Old 2006-07-01, 03:00   Link #34
Wacky

Maybe it wasn't as well done as it could have been, but still an amazing episode just based on what happened.

That epilogue that kj1980 posted (thanks for that btw) was also very nice, too bad it wasn't in the anime.
Old 2006-07-01, 04:50   Link #35
rogueblade

I don't see why some people are fussing over this episode, to be honest.
Just watched it, and i thought it was stellar. Of course, i haven't read the manga (i'd LOVE it if it came out in english - anyone know any plans for that to happen?), or played the game, but as an anime - only watcher, that was awesome.
Of course there were dodgey bits, but mainly animation related - i had to cringe at some shots of Keiichi. Also
Spoiler:

quite annoyed me.
However, for the majority of the episode, it really did tug at the heart strings for me, and twist everything a little more, just to make it a little more confusing for the answer arcs.
I still think the watangashi-hen arc ending was the best of the lot, but this one is really pushing it. It was extremely fast paced, extremely NSFW (only realised that when my parents were in the room when i was watching it ¬_¬; ), and extremely emotional - you could really feel Keiichi's pain and sorrow, and Satoko's bewilderment at the situation.
I'm really loving this series so far, and hope that the next chapter is just as good! Just with better animation....
Old 2006-07-01, 05:37   Link #36
hoon
7ON

I really have to stop watching this anime so late at night.. The interviews in the TIPs thread was so eerie..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-01, 06:36   Link #37
RMgX

Well this ep certainly seems to point towards a supernatural influence.
Spoiler for title:

Last edited by RMgX; 2006-07-01 at 08:09.
Old 2006-07-01, 07:12   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 13 just gives you even more wtf's.

This'll be the main chapter for me that'll be explained. In a way, in the end it makes sense about what happened.. its just, wtf. ^^;

Ah well, one chapter down without a Keiichi death.. or maybe he'll die when its being explained, who knows.
Old 2006-07-01, 09:43   Link #39
Nork22

OK, now that I've seen this episode (gave it a 7 because it did felt rushed) and read the TIPS, I'm starting to believe that there might be something supernatural at work here. Of course it doesn't help since I'm playing Project Zero (that's Fatal Frame to the US gamers) 2 and 3 and the parallels at work here is a bit freaky.
Old 2006-07-01, 10:09   Link #40
DrakeNavarone
Fairy Tale Transparently

Send a message via AIM to DrakeNavarone
I gave it a 6. I can usuallly look over the blemishes in the animation cuz I'm really here for the plot, so that didn't even factor in on my grade. Originally, I was planning on giving it a 1 or a 2 because it wasn't really that good at all, imo... most disappointing episode yet (but maybe it didn't help that the game players were hyping this arc and the animation studio really dropped the ball here...)

In the end, I gave it a 6, mostly because I know a lot of important things happened, and I get a feeling once I watch it again a few more times, it'll start to grow on me (i hope).
Closed Thread