AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 02:16   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Francesca: Girls be Ambitious!

I vaguely remember this anime being mentioned some time ago in the upcoming anime thread, but looks like it is finally happening:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ject-green-lit

A flyer passed out at the AnimeJapan 2014 event on Saturday announced that a television anime titledFrancesca: Girls Be Ambitiousfeaturing themoepersonificationof Japan's Hokkaido area has been green-lit, and will air on the Hokkaido Bunka Hōsō TV station in July. The project's officialwebsitewas also updated.

The cast will feature:

Yui Makino(Sketchbook ~full color'S~'s Hazuki,Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE's Sakura) as Francesca, the heroine of the story. She's an "undead idol" who's a little spacey, but has a lot of energy. Francesca is a zombie girl with a big appetite, and her favorite foods are dishes from Hokkaido. Although she can separate her body parts from each other, she is very clumsy, so she often puts them back in the wrong places.

Asami Tano(Smile Precure!'s Cure Sunny,Toriko's Rin) as Exorcist, a girl who is always chasing after Francesca and always gets the short end of the stick because she does so. As Francesca does not pay attention to her much, she is unhappy, but considers the zombie idol her rival. However, she has problems dealing with Francesca's dog, Franken.

There is a little more in the link.

I generally like idol series, but generally dislike zombie series, so I am quite confuzzled at the moment.
Old 2014-03-29, 13:33   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

More info released: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ples-animation

Company HeART-BIT is currently streaming the first promotional video for the Francesca: Girls Be Ambitious TV anime. The promotional video tells viewers that Hokkaido is being targeted by Toshizō Hijikata and the rest of the Shinsengumi, who have awakened from their eternal slumber. The little girl Exorcist fights to stop them and protect Hokkaido from a hurricane of ambition. In the midst of this, Francesca awakens to help protect the area of Japan as well.

In addition, the official Facebook page for the project has unveiled more cast members for the anime:

Hiroki Takahashi (Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Jonouchi Katsuya, Hetalia - Axis Powers's Japan) as Toshizō Hijikata, the demonic captain of the Shinsengumi. He is very stubborn, and will never be disloyal. He also is good at looking after his subordinates, and is respected because of that. Unfortunately, he also is a bit in love with himself.

Tarusuke Shingaki (Fate/Zero's Kariya, Ghost in the Shell Arise's Togusa) as Kazue Sōma, a man who is a member of the Shinsengumi who gives orders to the troops when Hijikata is not around, but never listens to what other says. Despite this, he is quite the worldly-wise man.

Newcomer Daisuke Nagumo as Nobori Nakajima, a member of the Shinsengumi. He is very clumsy, but also knowledgeable. He raises flowers as a hobby.

So ... some "bad guys" have appeared, it seems....
Old 2014-07-16, 04:50   Link #3
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Okay...

Just saw ep 1 and...well...it was pretty bad. The art style kinda adds insult to injury for me, but I thought it could have been more than just the dumb silliness that it was. Ah well.

Pity.

Dropped.
Old 2014-07-16, 11:52   Link #4
cleo

11.30 mins can last very long if they try to be funny and fail miserably. Dropped here as well.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 18:55   Link #5
Nerroth
NePoi!

I've been hoping that, one day, there could be a series that took a more intricate look at Hokkaido, not least in terms of exploring the island's Ainu heritage (and how relations between Ainu and Wajin have shifted at different points in time).

Something tells me that it would probably be for the best if the Ainu remained un-mentioned in this show, however...
Old 2014-07-16, 21:12   Link #6
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely watch the first episode its weird
Old 2014-07-18, 14:02   Link #7
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Not sure what to make of this just yet, as the first episode didn't really gave much away, plot-wise. I liked the Casanova Undead and Francesca would probably be more interesting if she lived up to her reputation had her brain not decided to go bye-bye after she got hit by lightning.

I'll wait and see what episode 2 will bring me before I decide what to do with it.