AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 6.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 19.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 12.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-08, 05:00   Link #21
ImperialFlameGod8190

this is bad because it basically reveals all the problems with IS as a whole The girls being violent when they're embarrassed the lack of a constant story behind the LN or a real story overall.

Everyone has always grilled ichika for his stupidity and sister complex but here's the thing that makes me sorta defend the bonehead. He's the only guy in a school filled with girls. Everytime something happens even when the girls initiate it they get mad at him. They all like him but somehow I swear he's convinced they only want him for Byakushiki. After all Cecelia only liked him after their battle Laura tried to kill him until her defeat and Charl was a boy just to get data on ichika. He's got natural stupidity bc of the fact they want it to be somewhat watchable for kids and honestly as many times as he's been attacked i'd be a little unaware of some things myself
Old 2013-11-08, 07:25   Link #22
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I feel Episode 6 is the most disappointing of all the Infinite Stratos episodes so far. Madoka appeared and disappeared just as quickly. Then the whole episode just went full-on silliness. It makes me long for season 1, which had much less goofing around.
Agreed on that last part. I mean, I don't give much about the plot of IS and watch it for enjoyment purposes, to have a laugh. But the second season up until now is just so shallow that it hasn't delivered what the first season had.

By the way, isn't this a nice and friendly atmosphere?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-08, 08:33   Link #23
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Oh, this episode...Just when I thought they'd pick up the pace...

Still the beginning was funny:

Spoiler for that start:

Really, there's 6 episodes left. (right?)
They better hurry and wake up the plot before the season ends
Old 2013-11-08, 10:16   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just when I thought this couldn't get any sillier. I actually liked the episode quite a bit but that's solely because it was focused on Charl. If it had been any other girl, I would have found it worthless.
Old 2013-11-08, 10:29   Link #25
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Just rewatched a bit. How did Ichika end up in Charlotte's crotch when he was in front and fell first? O_O

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-08, 11:16   Link #26
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Just rewatched a bit. How did Ichika end up in Charlotte's crotch when he was in front and fell first? O_O
"Plot" convenience.
Old 2013-11-08, 11:42   Link #27
zibi88

Quote:
god powers... he is only good at that since he sucks as is pilot ^^

but this season is really annoying... 4-5minutes of something... then 20minutes of fanservice..... what a waste of space.... they could use the time to get deeper into the phantom task organization ect. but nah... lets do a episode with disappearing panties >_>
Old 2013-11-08, 14:22   Link #28
princeofcups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Tch... Read the manga if you want the plot, the anime for filtter, and the novel for fanfic writing.
Nope. The light novel is the original material, and there is plenty of plot and character development. The manga is just a retelling of the light novel with pictures. The first season followed the light novel, and was great. The second season has pretty much abandoned the light novel, and so far, has been pretty bad with a few bright spots.
Old 2013-11-08, 14:35   Link #29
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofcups View Post
Nope. The light novel is the original material, and there is plenty of plot and character development. The manga is just a retelling of the light novel with pictures. The first season followed the light novel, and was great. The second season has pretty much abandoned the light novel, and so far, has been pretty bad with a few bright spots.
Haven't read the LN, but so far I have the feeling that the second season has entirely dived into the world of fanservice, which I find disappointing.
Old 2013-11-08, 20:46   Link #30
velvet nightmare

im glad i'm not the only one who thought that episode was depressing.

doesn't happen often in anime where i have to fast forward
Old 2013-11-09, 00:54   Link #31
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
That's probably the first time ever that I've seen a male (teenage) character not caring where his head is. Not only that, he doesn't even try look, or at least resist not looking. But instead, he just acts all dumbfounded at looks straight up towards the girl's face innocently.
Old 2013-11-09, 02:03   Link #32
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
That's probably the first time ever that I've seen a male (teenage) character not caring where his head is. Not only that, he doesn't even try look, or at least resist not looking. But instead, he just acts all dumbfounded at looks straight up towards the girl's face innocently.

Yet, strangely, when Charlotte lifted her skirt, he turned his head and put up a hand to avoid looking.
Old 2013-11-09, 04:00   Link #33
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at least I watch the action...
another rare time when Ichika owns his enemy...

poor Charlotte... but as wiseman said, "no pants no life"
fascinated by Charlotte and Laura in this episode
Old 2013-11-09, 16:34   Link #34
Maxtro

Wow, IS has really gone downhill.

We had one good episode. Season 1 was much better.
Old 2013-11-10, 04:40   Link #35
DarkJak2050

If you were to tell me to choose between Log Horizon or IS Season 2; after watching an episode of Log Horizon and Episode 6 of IS Season 2...

[Points at Log Horizon]

Or maybe...

[Begins to Re-watch Maken-Ki!]
Old 2013-11-10, 09:53   Link #36
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Wow, IS has really gone downhill.

We had one good episode. Season 1 was much better.
The choices made by the production staff has really puzzled me. Unless I have misunderstood something, the episodes are not a faithful adaptation of the LN material, but rather bits and pieces of the LN and then some. I just don't see the reason why they should have turned this series into a row of fanservice episodes.
Old 2013-11-10, 10:11   Link #37
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anyone here familiar with the Japanese fandom?

What do they think? Because their opinion summed up 90% of the income source.
Old 2013-11-10, 10:33   Link #38
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode truly dissappoints me, since I find their meshing of harem comedy, ecchiness, and dark tone a total failure. In addition, let me add that Infinite Stratos is not Freezing!

How come the IS quantum shifter doesn't recognize panties and dissappear in a similar effect to volt texture ?

Charl's overreacting drama over the hypothetically scenario on Ichika finding out that she's not wearing panties, IMO, was a waste of drama tension and poor reason to touch upon a childhood memory of hers.

Pretty much again the same with Ichika being the idiot, getting pummeled and teased over such ridiculous and stupid reasons, being treated like the bad guy scum by a bunch of harem girls that cannot control both their imaginations and attitudes running wild rampage on him.

Jeez, when are things going to get serious with the Phantom Task roaming around?

I would have preferred that the writers had introduced Madoka and the Phantom Task midway into this season instead of at the beginning.
Old 2013-11-10, 10:45   Link #39
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

What the hell happened to IS2? It's a slew of painfully stupid episodes ever since the 'crown competition' (too stupid even for IS' standard). And no, I'm not complaining about the fanservice. These girls (except some select few) have become extremely stupid compared to the first season. Even their lines are painful to hear. A filler/fanservice episodes should be fun and interesting, not poorly executed, boring and painful like this .
Old 2013-11-10, 13:15   Link #40
Setsuna Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Anyone here familiar with the Japanese fandom?

What do they think? Because their opinion summed up 90% of the income source.
It'll probably be the highest selling show next to KNB this season.

IS love is still going strong.

Tags
fanservice