AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-25, 21:05   Link #801
wao
OK.

Aren't they billing it as the 24th World Masterpiece Theatre work?... Does that mean they're trying to revive it?

But it's only on BS Fuji...

The thing about Bartender is that I think it might go down the road of Gallery Fake... an interesting mature premise that could be spoiled by low production values - the animation studio is leaving me quite worried...
Old 2006-09-25, 21:08   Link #802
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I looking forward to checking Bartender out, but I am somewhat anxious because the "God's Glass" part sounds a bit too much like a fixture of shounen sports anime (like Yakitate!! Japan or Hikaru no Go).

Let's hope it's nothing like it. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:25   Link #803
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I looking forward to checking Bartender out, but I am somewhat anxious because the "God's Glass" part sounds a bit too much like a fixture of shounen sports anime (like Yakitate!! Japan or Hikaru no Go).

Let's hope it's nothing like it. 8)
At least God's Glass is a customer-given monicker to an apparently very delicious drink made by a world-class bartender, unlike something called Goddess Hands or Solar Gauntlets with their superficial scientific explainations that make no sense.

Though I would had prefered that it is not just his cocktails that rekindled people's hearts though. That is really corny.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 11:57   Link #804
Lost

Quote:
I think Binchou-tan was officially described as "Anime for tired men". 8)
I literally LOL'ed at that.

God's Glass part? The line "Past winner of an international competition, his skills are unmatched," does seem to suggest that, but really I think thats just a statement, not what the Anime will be about. I dont think it'll be anything like a shounen sports anime, not with its themes (as I'm deriving from eggplant's translation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Though I would had prefered that it is not just his cocktails that rekindled people's hearts though. That is really corny.
God's Glass refers more to his skill at making good drinks and not a particular cocktail. And I don't see how its corny. Alcohol does wonders.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 12:39   Link #805
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
It would be good if Bartender is like Mushishi or something, and it's in a episodic format where different customers come in each day with their problems. I don't know how that would work out for 25 minutes, but....lol.

EDIT: Actually, even if Bartender is like a mature version of Yakitate Japan, just with alcohol, it'll still be good as it'll give me an insight into the world of cocktails and drinking, just as YJ did with baking. Heh, looking forward to this now.
Old 2006-09-26, 13:20   Link #806
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I'm actually looking forward to it - seems like it could be Mushishi or Jigoku Shoujo, only with alcohol instead of mushi or revenge.
Old 2006-09-26, 14:57   Link #807
NeoSam

And another anime:

==========

Funny Pets 2ndシーズン

Broadcast: October 9, 2006

http://www.pets-cganime.com/

A second season of Funny Pets.

From the site of the anime:

Quote:
"Funny Pets" is a surreal comedy, woven by those fairy and fancy but somehow very cute characters!
"Funny Pets" is a poetic and lunatic 3D-CG animation. And this TV program has become very popular!
Genre: Comedy

==========
Old 2006-09-27, 00:29   Link #808
Catnips

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The site for Les Misérables Shoujo Cossette anime has opened:

レ・ミゼラブル 少女コゼット
Les Misérables Shoujo Cossette

http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/lesmise/

52 episodes
Broadcast: 2007
Looks like after 10 years they'll return again making World Masterpiece Theater animes which is big surprise.YEAH!!!
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 02:59   Link #809
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
God's Glass refers more to his skill at making good drinks and not a particular cocktail. And I don't see how its corny. Alcohol does wonders.
I mean in the sense that his cocktails made with his godly skills actually heals, rather than it being a catalyst for a heart-to-heart healing bond between strangers. I had always prefered shows in which humans heal one another, and whatever brings their pained hearts exposed is just a bridge, not the actual medicine.

I want to see how many tools/bottles/mixers he'll be juggling in the air though, assuming his international skills are as good as it is said.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 07:52   Link #810
Zappster

Quote:
I think Binchou-tan was officially described as "Anime for tired men". 8)
I think that's one of the things used to describe it. I'm pretty sure I also read it describe as a healing-type anime too. Sort of why I made the connection. Whatever... seems like it was a misunderstanding.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 09:06   Link #811
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnips
Looks like after 10 years they'll return again making World Masterpiece Theater animes which is big surprise.YEAH!!!
YAY! Cossette does look cute *hehe* (In fact, she reminds me a lot of the other Cossette *g*, from "Le Portrait de Petit Cossette") Since I have always liked Les Misérables, I will surely watch this - unlike it's really, really badly done.

I'm also looking forward to the new "Rose of Versailles"... *g* But not sure if I'd really want to watch it... anime in european setting just sound weird in japanese, imho ^^;

PS. Her name is "Cosette", grmbl >.<
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 10:42   Link #812
NeoSam

TBS has opened a site for Venus Versus Virus (which I mentioned in this post)

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/vvv/

Broadcast: January 2007

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy
Old 2006-09-27, 13:21   Link #813
Sampatches
Kabocha Pantsu

Send a message via AIM to Sampatches
Does anyone know if they character designer for Les Miz also did Kaleido Star? Cosette looks a lot like Layla to me.
Sampatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:43   Link #814
NeoSam

A possible sequel to Coyote Ragtime Show.

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Coyote Ragtime Show Sequel Coming?
Information published in the November issue of Comic Rush hints at a possible sequel to the Coyote Ragtime anime TV series. The name of the project is "Twelve Sisters Story", centering on Madame Marciano's Twelve Sisters from the original. The format could be an OVA but at this point there seems to be some question on whether to produce the project. Something that may push the development is a coming American fan / consumer base garnered through ADV Films' license announcement at AWA this past weekend.
Old 2006-09-28, 04:44   Link #815
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
A possible sequel to Coyote Ragtime Show.

From Anime News Service:

Lol. Why are there ALWAYS second seasons to shows that I NEVER watch every season? o_O
Old 2006-09-28, 10:34   Link #816
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I'm actually looking forward to it - seems like it could be Mushishi or Jigoku Shoujo, only with alcohol instead of mushi or revenge.
Thats what I thought too; in Mushishi, Mushi are the catalyst for these stories; in Bartender, catalyst would probably be God's Glass Alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I had always prefered shows in which humans heal one another, and whatever brings their pained hearts exposed is just a bridge, not the actual medicine.
OIC, yes I'm hoping for the alcohol to be no more than a catalyst; to strip their exterior veneer and get their feelings/pain out onto the bar-top.

I'll be checking out Venus Virus Versus, got attracted after seeing the manga. Cute designs.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 20:26   Link #817
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Kekkaishi Footage Online
The official homepage for the upcoming Kekkaishi anime television series now opens with an extended Flash trailer (also available through the "arasuji" link on the main page), and hosts three short streaming Windows Media TV commercials.

30 second trailer
15 second trailer 1
15 second trailer 2

Source: Moon Phase
Old 2006-09-29, 08:24   Link #818
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
I rather like it. ^_^ 8/10

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 17:39   Link #819
NeoSam

TV Tokyo has opened a site for Pururun! Shizuku-Chan (which is mentioned in this post)

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/shizuku/
Old 2006-09-30, 04:35   Link #820
NeoSam

キディ・グレイド
Kiddy Grade

As dreamless mentioned in this thread; a sequel to Kiddy Grade anime has been announced

Kiddy Grade has shounen light novels and manga:

Kiddy Grade light novels:

=====

キディ・グレイド Pr.
Kiddy Grade Pr.

Shounen light novels.
Published under the male oriented light novel label Sneaker Bunko.

=====

キディ・グレイド
Kiddy Grade

Shounen light novels.
Published under the male oriented light novel label Sneaker Bunko.

=====

Kiddy Grade manga:

=====

キディ・グレイドVS
Kiddy Grade VS

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Junior. (a defunct magazine)

=====

キディ・グレイド-リバース-
Kiddy Grade -Reverse-

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.

=====

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-09-30 at 05:10.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers