AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-16, 09:48   Link #1981
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Its possible, but I don't see how seeing the black fire or susanoo coming is going to help a byakugan user. Kidomaru didn't even have a sharingan and was able to take advantage of Neji's byakugan. All the analyzing of Kidomaru's chakra didn't help Neji. He had to use a self sacrificing maneuver to win. Neji admitted that Kidomaru was faster and more powerful than himself. So imagine how much more powerful Itachi or Sasuke would be with MS jutsu.

Still, I like your theory.

And thanks for the spoiler! Does that really happen? I've never known Madara or Sasuke to give compliments like that. Obviously you have access to future happenings. I'd like to know more if if you are able and willing to share.

Thanks
Well, that Kidomaru was a long range fighter. I don't think Sasuke is a long range fighter, neither is Itachi. This makes it a totally different situation. Deidara for example was a long range fighter aswell. This just makes the situation difficult if the close range fighter can not reach the long range fighter.

Concerning the spoilers, well...

Spoiler for yet another spoiler:
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:04   Link #1982
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
I am not sure about that! A Byakugan user can perfectly manage his own chakra flow, so he might not be affected by even Mangekyou Sharingan genjutsu. In addition, we don't know how Sharingan affects other doujutsu and we know that a Sharingan user is weak when using the MS abilities. A Byakugan might see a disturbance in the chakra flow (high chakra concentration in the eye/eyes)... and react - and Jyuuken might be lethal for a weakened Uchiha then.

Spoiler for upcoming lines from future naruto:
this isnt dragon ball z
sasuke is not vageta!
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:54   Link #1983
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Send a message via MSN to Xemn
I would say Byakugan. No one said you have to use Taijutsu. If I had Byakugan I would be able to test my theory if Byakugan is applicable with weapons ( Aka Hitting Other's Chakara Points, which is most likely a yes, at least, I think so ). Byakugan would just be an advantage for me, not my main use, but more of a support type of ability.

You get what Im saying? Plus, about people getting freaked out when they see your eyes, just wear sunglasses x]
Xemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 16:52   Link #1984
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

OMG...this topic has 100 pages...

0.o

Whoa...

It's the epic battle of Sharingan vs Neji Fangirls. That's how I see it. There's no other way a person could see the Sharingan, which, at its base level, without Mangekyou, can do illusions, produce binding threads, analyse and copy chakra flow and techniques, and give advanced acute awareness of an opponents future moves, and then say the Byakugan which can only analyse Chakra flow, and add in some chakra nodes as complimentary recompense, and then tell me:

"You know, Byakugan IS better."

You'd have to be retarded.

Then, the insanity increases, and multiplies when the Mangekyou is introduced:

Illusions so powerful they cause SEVERE mental damage, and could cause brain failure...all in less than ONE SECOND. No risk of getting attacked while using it.

Black flames that could consume anything.

Spoiler for manga:

After seeing all this: let's point it out in most obvious manner possible:

If a shringan user, and a Byakugan user were to stand across from each other, and NOT attack one another physically, but just try to best the other with his EYES alone: Who would win?

Now, the Byakugan/Neji fangirls will say: "Well, the Byakugan is a supplimentary plus for use with Shit Palms fighting style, stupid." (This fact alone proves that the sharingan is superior, since the Sharingan is a complete technique in itself...)

So: okay: Let's give pretty boy Neji a chance:

The two sides stand across from each other, and, using only their eyes, and their FISTS, and no ninjutsu, and ONLY their raw TAIJUTSU and DOUJUTSU, are given time to stand across from one another for 1 minute. After this, they are given only ONE chance to attack.

ONE attack. Who's going to win? Don't talk crap about "Hiashi/Neji (Standard first person in mind when Byakugan is mentioned) will attack Sasuke/Madara in their heart and shut down their chakra system"

Cos the Sharingan ill allow the user to percieve the obvious Shit Fist attack since it's a conformed fighting style, and has stances and poses for attack. So:

Naji rushes in.
Madara: *Dodge*
Marara: Amaterasu!!

BYAKUGAN LOSES. END OF STORY. GOD.

100 PAGES??????

What is wrong with FAN GRLS?? They're so annoying. They are the reason why someone like Toushiro was Paired against Halibel...when Toushiro is SO WEAK!!! Halibel should own him in two seconds flat. But no. Kubo, motivated by his fangirls, will make Toushiro win.

COWDUNG.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-21 at 20:32.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 17:17   Link #1985
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

The thread is for fun. There is no "end of story" just because the evidence seems clear-cut and dry. People want to talk about it as is evidenced by the 100 pages, and complaining about Neji fangirls as opposed to all the Sasuke fanatics out there is a bit moot.

What people like myself want to know is whether or not Byakugan has more to offer than what we've observed from the manga. If so, then maybe the comparison can be on a more even playing field but so far we know that Mangekyou Sharingan is pretty powerful--probably only overshadowed by...
Spoiler:

I think Byakugan has some more tricks up its sleeves.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 18:21   Link #1986
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
this isnt dragon ball z
sasuke is not vageta!
No, he's whinier.....
But that was still funny as Hell!
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:47   Link #1987
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Send a message via MSN to Xemn
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
OMG...this topic has 100 pages...

0.o

Whoa...

It's the epic battle of Sharingan vs Neji Fangirls. That's how I see it. There's no other way a person could see the Sharingan, which, at its base level, without Mangekyou, can do illusions, produce binding threads, analyse and copy chakra flow and techniques, and give advanced acute awareness of an opponents future moves, and then say the Byakugan which can only analyse Chakra flow, and add in some chakra nodes as complimentary recompense, and then tell me:

"You know, Byakugan IS better."

You'd have to be retarded.

Then, the insanity increases, and multiplies when the Mangekyou is introduced:

Illusions so powerful they cause SEVERE mental damage, and could cause brain failure...all in less than ONE SECOND. No risk of getting attacked while using it.

Black flames that could consume anything.

Spoiler for manga:

After seeing all this: let's point it out in most obvious manner possible:

If a shringan user, and a Byakugan user were to stand across from each other, and NOT attack one another physically, but just try to best the other with his EYES alone: Who would win?

Now, the Byakugan/Neji fangirls will say: "Well, the Byakugan is a supplimentary plus for use with Shit Palms fighting style, stupid." (This fact alone proves that the sharingan is superior, since the Sharingan is a complete technique in itself...)

So: okay: Let's give pretty boy Neji a chance:

The two sides stand across from each other, and, using only their eyes, and their FISTS, and no ninjutsu, and ONLY their raw TAIJUTSU and DOUJUTSU, are given time to stand across from one another for 1 minute. After this, they are given only ONE chance to attack.

ONE attack. Who's going to win? Don't talk crap about "Hiashi/Neji (Standard first person in mind when Byakugan is mentioned) will attack Sasuke/Madara in their heart and shut down their chakra system"

Cos the Sharingan ill allow the user to percieve the obvious Shit Fist attack since it's a conformed fighting style, and has stances and poses for attack. So:

Naji rushes in.
Madara: *Dodge*
Marara: Amaterasu!!

BYAKUGAN LOSES. END OF STORY. GOD.

100 PAGES??????

What is wrong with FAN GRLS?? They're so annoying. They are the reason why someone like Toushiro was Paired against Halibel...when Toushiro is SO WEAK!!! Halibel should own him in two seconds flat. But no. Kubo, motivated by his fangirls, will make Toushiro win.

COWDUNG.
First of all... I am not a fan of Neji, and I am not a girl either x]

Also, it depends on how you look at it. Sharigan is not much of a support kekki genkai. For me, I love using support kekki genkais, to make on powerful main attack, that is repeatable and easy to use. Sharigan has its limits, but since Byukugan is a support kekki genkai, it cannot really limit you :P

Now, you probably are gonna say " Sharigan can just copy your attack... "
Well, it can't copy everything. If you can base your jutsus on weapons, they won't have weapons to use to do the jutsus.

Example:
Black Flaming Sword Jutsu!
The sword you use turns on fire, if the sharigan user does not have a sword, they cannot use it.

But then, a sword is a common weapon. So make it more unique, and you won't just find it anywhere (Example Kisames Sword).

* waits for responses. *

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-21 at 20:31.
Xemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:46   Link #1988
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemn View Post

Also, it depends on how you look at it. Sharigan is not much of a support kekki genkai. For me, I love using support kekki genkais, to make on powerful main attack, that is repeatable and easy to use. Sharigan has its limits, but since Byukugan is a support kekki genkai, it cannot really limit you :P

Well, it can't copy everything. If you can base your jutsus on weapons, they won't have weapons to use to do the jutsus.

Example:
The sword you use turns on fire, if the sharigan user does not have a sword, they cannot use it.

But then, a sword is a common weapon. So make it more unique, and you won't just find it anywhere (Example Kisames Sword).

* waits for responses. *

What? That sword comment is bullocks! The sharingan is overpowered and you know it.
The only reason I prefer byakugan is because it isn't an overpowered technique hat would make the whole world hate me simply for having it.
However, there is one fact people (Kishimoto included) seem to be miossing. All Jutsu(With the exceptionof most taijutsu) are caused by a flow of chakra. What is the Byakugan'smost infamopus talent? The ability to sense chakra flow. Is it just me, or would the byakugan potentially be able to replicate techniques? If one could master this chakra reading, and be able to see hand seals as they are done lightning-quick, wouldn't the byakugan be just as good as the sharingan?(for copying, at least)

Remember the whole thing about the two tecniques being related? Perhaps the Sharingan is a better version of the Byakugan? Like the way Mangekyo is to regular sharingan....
Old 2008-10-21, 13:09   Link #1989
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemn View Post

Example:

* waits for responses. *

Wait no more!!

Okay I'll tell you which argument made your WHOLE flow of logic break down and look dumb:

Quote:
"...to make on powerful main attack, that is repeatable and easy to use. Sharigan has its limits, but since Byukugan is a support kekki genkai, it cannot really limit you :P"
Byakugan has its limits, too. Note that Byakugan uses accelerated chakra flow in order to operate. That's why there are all the veins. So, like the Sharingan, it taxes on Chakra.

When you're talking about 'limits', it's painfully obvious that if you don't use the MAngekyou, and just use the Sharingan at its first stage, ou'd have about the same amount of chakra-time as the average Byakugan-man. And you'll get a lot more out of it too.

You CAN use the Sharingan as a backup technique. Just look at how Sasuke used to use in the earlier team 7 days. Also, check up how he used it against NAruto in the first fight when they fought at the Valley of the End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
What? That sword comment is bullocks! The sharingan is overpowered and you know it.
The only reason I prefer byakugan is because it isn't an overpowered technique hat would make the whole world hate me simply for having it.
However, there is one fact people (Kishimoto included) seem to be miossing. All Jutsu(With the exceptionof most taijutsu) are caused by a flow of chakra. What is the Byakugan'smost infamopus talent? The ability to sense chakra flow. Is it just me, or would the byakugan potentially be able to replicate techniques? If one could master this chakra reading, and be able to see hand seals as they are done lightning-quick, wouldn't the byakugan be just as good as the sharingan?(for copying, at least)

Remember the whole thing about the two tecniques being related? Perhaps the Sharingan is a better version of the Byakugan? Like the way Mangekyo is to regular sharingan....
Whoa whoa...I heard you the first time!
Spoiler for manga:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-21 at 20:29.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 13:14   Link #1990
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Yup. That makes sense actually. It would be nice to see in the manga cannon, too. If Neji pops up during the Pein invasion and pulls a Kakashi on Pein. (I'm referring to how Kakashi spooked Zabuza out during the Zabuza arc)
As awesome as that would be, there's a slight problem: The byakugan can't hypnotize people. Kakashi abused the Sharingan's "Hypnotic Eye" to spook Zabuza. The byakugan has no such talent attributed to it, so Neji would have to be either A). really, really good at memorizng hand-seals, or B). use the same technique much later to freak him out a bit....
But unfortunately, mist Hyuuga practice gentle fist only, and ignore most other forms of ninjutsu.
Old 2008-10-22, 03:31   Link #1991
Killer Bee

The Sharigan wins.

Its can copy taijutsu and ninjutsu.

It can predict moves.

It can be trained to a different level(MS).

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-22 at 21:23.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 06:55   Link #1992
Josh Uzumaki

Spoiler for manga:

imagine a Mangekyo Byukugan,somehow. i bet Byukugan has some dirty secerets. i think the sharigan is only so good because the ucihas were warriors and constantly pushed into battle so it started evolving

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-22 at 21:23.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:31   Link #1993
Killer Bee

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
imagine a Mangekyo Byukugan,somehow. i bet Byukugan has some dirty secerets. i think the sharigan is only so good because the ucihas were warriors and constantly pushed into battle so it started evolving
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-22 at 21:24.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:31   Link #1994
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
I still stand by my theory that the Sharingan is derived from the Byakugan. After centuries of battle, the technique simply evolved, and that would make Sharingan the equivalent to your theorized "Mangekyo Byakugan."
And before anyonbe points this out, who says that someone can't be born with Mangekyo? If your parent has it, why not? There is no precedent saying you can't.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-10-22 at 21:24.
Old 2008-10-22, 16:07   Link #1995
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I still stand by my theory that the Sharingan is derived from the Byakugan. After centuries of battle, the technique simply evolved, and that would make Sharingan the equivalent to your theorized "Mangekyo Byakugan."
And before anyonbe points this out, who says that someone can't be born with Mangekyo? If your parent has it, why not? There is no precedent saying you can't.
Sharingan is supposedly a genetic off-shoot of Byakugan, as stated by Kakashi during the chuunin exam.
Old 2008-10-22, 17:07   Link #1996
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Sharingan, and it's not even close.

Besides, everybody in this damn manga already seems to have a 1km 360° vision, so not only did Kishimoto make sharingan stupidly strong, but he also also made byakugan kinda pointless.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2008-10-22 at 17:25.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 01:05   Link #1997
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Besides, everybody in this damn manga already seems to have a 1km 360° vision, so not only did Kishimoto make sharingan stupidly strong, but he also also made byakugan kinda pointless.
Not really.
Old 2008-10-23, 02:11   Link #1998
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

I voted sharingan, cause you can upgrade it to mangyeko which gives u access to some cool moves. Also I reckon sharingan looks way better than byakugan.

Genius-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 07:53   Link #1999
Josh Uzumaki

i like byakugan more, the hyuga clan may have social family flaws. butthey seem like nice eople than uchiha
Old 2008-10-23, 10:51   Link #2000
whittyman66

come on byukugan does not even have 360 degree vision, there is a blind spot if anyone remembers. and the byukugan cannot see through genjutsu, they are masters of taijutsu, the sharingan is the master of genjutsu. plus the sharingan looks way cooler.
whittyman66 is offline   Reply With Quote