AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake Girl - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 7 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 18.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 7.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 19:59   Link #21
Kon the Magnificent

I agree with you 100 percent Deathkillz about Nami having an inferiority complex, and her asking for help would be hard in any case

and what's more, even if she did try to talk to them again, it would probably end up like before with the situation with Kazane when she wouldn't tell her anything of the situation, and gave her a cold reseponse, and another lecture comparing her and Akiha....again....which probably happened more times than once in her life
Old 2009-06-30, 20:36   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'll just talk about the references.

Sunrise has now officially shown us that Susanowo was indeed a homage of Daizengar.

And I saw the Top member in Akiha all the way from episode 1, I've always been saying that Akiha will show the hotbloodedness in her in the end.

Anyway, the most badass character in the show is Tsutsuji.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-30, 21:04   Link #23
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

What Tsutsuji said to Nami at the end pretty much sums up her situation IMO. When Nami was handed power, she did nothing with it but lash out in spite -- either to make up for what she felt was missing in herself or attempt to gain what she thought others had taken from her. Her actions amounted to nothing more than a tantrum by a spoiled child. And like a misbehaving child she deserved to have her toys taken away from her and made to sit alone in a corner to reconsider her error.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:14   Link #24
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
What Tsutsuji said to Nami at the end pretty much sums up her situation IMO. When Nami was handed power, she did nothing with it but lash out in spite -- either to make up for what she felt was missing in herself or attempt to gain what she thought others had taken from her. Her actions amounted to nothing more than a tantrum by a spoiled child. And like a misbehaving child she deserved to have her toys taken away from her and made to sit alone in a corner to reconsider her error.
What did she say to her in the end? I can't remember....
Old 2009-06-30, 21:21   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, Nami had no remorse in any of her actions and never thought of any consequences. All she ever thought was to destroy everything, she just wants to vent her anger on everything.

On another note, its really sad to see that many people who watch this show is not a mecha fan. By mecha fan, its not limited to Gundams or such, I really mean people who watch more mecha than anything else.

To many people watching this show is just like watching Lucky Star as their first anime, without ever having any anime experience before. This show is wonderful because it is a Lucky Star for mecha fans, every episode is packed with tons of mecha and science fiction references.

The lack of people noticing this stuff makes it a complete waste of its potential. Alot of people find the entertainment and jokes missing because they don't get the parodies and homages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What did she say to her in the end? I can't remember....
She said "One should create their own paths."

Old 2009-06-30, 22:52   Link #26
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On the defense that Akiha has been trying to communicate with her then I would question the sincerity behind that. I seriously doubt Akiha (in her half hearted attitude towards life in general) really understand Nami's problems and her showing concern is more like a passing whim now and then rather than truly understanding what makes Nami tick.
But if Akiha knows that Nami is the enemy, do you really think Akiha has the time to talk to Nami seriously? Especially considering the fact that Nami might ignore everything that Akiha might say and end up killing Akiha. If someone is trying to kill you without mercy, it's best to stay on guard and not let yourself open.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:06   Link #27
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
She said "One should create their own paths."
Ahh, now I remember, thanks! That would apply to a few others, or maybe just one. But that one had a whole bunch of help....no?

Man, I'm still having a hard time admitting that Xanthippe was voice by Rie Tanaka (Lacus, Misaki, and so many other awesome characters), it just doesn't seem like something I would expect from her. I guess that just goes to show how awesome she is.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-06-30 at 23:22.
Old 2009-07-01, 02:03   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
But if Akiha knows that Nami is the enemy, do you really think Akiha has the time to talk to Nami seriously? Especially considering the fact that Nami might ignore everything that Akiha might say and end up killing Akiha. If someone is trying to kill you without mercy, it's best to stay on guard and not let yourself open.
What would happen if your sibling is an enemy and you meet one day. Do you shoot at her first or try to talk it out first?

If you shoot first, its the same as Nami, both of you will just end up shooting each other every time you meet.

If you don't try to talk her out of it, when do you try? If every time you meet, she is trying to kill you, does that mean you must always be on your guard and point your gun at her? When will you ever be able to talk her around?

A good guy has a good character, a bad guy has a bad character, totally logical and normal. When you hate a good character because she is good, it just means its your preference, the good character has no wrong. Same as hating a bad character for being bad, its your preference, the bad character has no wrong, he was as bad as he should be. Complaining about the goodness of a good character is as pointless as complaining a bad character for being bad. The characters are alright, the audience is wrong.

Old 2009-07-01, 11:19   Link #29
owq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Man, I'm still having a hard time admitting that Xanthippe was voice by Rie Tanaka (Lacus, Misaki, and so many other awesome characters), it just doesn't seem like something I would expect from her. I guess that just goes to show how awesome she is.
I guess it's hard to sing badly................. Hopefully.

I hope they come out with an OVA.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:23   Link #30
Sixth
Hu Tao

So what happen to everyone in the box. Does they freed off-screen?
Old 2009-07-01, 12:45   Link #31
Ani-OK

Sora Kake has sure been quite a wild ride. From what I saw in Episode 25 and the preview of Episode 26, Sora Kake probably has a very dramatic conclusion. Akiha is finally reunited with Imoko who brings the note Kagura posted in Orbital Cafe Enigma which will probably have something to the effect of »Take care of yourselves -- and each other«.

I know that it is a little late in the series, but I wonder what would have really happened if Kazane had instead ordered Nami into the car instead of watching the house. It would not have been that out of character for Kazane to have slapped Nami (like what she did to Akiha back in Episode 25 for jeopardizing her strategy) and told her to stop whining like a little kid. I can easily see Kazane also adding that she would not have tolerated Nami's whining even if Nami was a little girl.

I also vividly recall that there was a marked difference in how Kazane and Takane were dressed in that episode where they were investigating Benkei's mirror thefts. Nami was dressed very similarly to Takane. I would have even more respect for Kazane if she had challenged both Takane and Nami on how immodestly they are both dressed and ordered them both to dress in a more lady-like fashion before they left to wherever they were going. I probably imagine that Nami being dressed more modestly like Kazane would have raised her spirits and improved her childish attitude a great deal. Takane could have also interceded in the whole situation as well instead of making Kazane do all the work. I do not understand how Takane could concurrently stalemate Aleida and a thousand frenzied Nervalist minions but not an unreasonable and out-of-control Kazane. What is the deal here!?!
Old 2009-07-01, 13:08   Link #32
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani-OK View Post
I do not understand how Takane could concurrently stalemate Aleida and a thousand frenzied Nervalist minions but not an unreasonable and out-of-control Kazane. What is the deal here!?!
It's simple, Kazane is the head of the family and head of the Shishido Foundation, Takane (she is a space ninja after all ) obey the order of the head of the family without asking question that's all

One of the major problem with Kazane, Akiha and Nami relationship is that Kazane think that her sisters are like her employee that they will obey without asking question and that she don't have to take notice of their feeling. We have seen the result of that, Nami wants to kill her sisters and Kagura was needed to make Akiha listen to Kazane.

For the Nami/Akiha relationship don't forget that since episode 1 Nami has been agressive with Akiha, because Akiha was "normal". But we know that Akiha care about Nami (cf end of ep15 and the arguing between Itsuki and Akiha in ep16).

To really understand the deep link between Imoko and Akiha don't forget to watch the Picture Drama 1.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:05   Link #33
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
On another note, its really sad to see that many people who watch this show is not a mecha fan. By mecha fan, its not limited to Gundams or such, I really mean people who watch more mecha than anything else.

To many people watching this show is just like watching Lucky Star as their first anime, without ever having any anime experience before. This show is wonderful because it is a Lucky Star for mecha fans, every episode is packed with tons of mecha and science fiction references.

The lack of people noticing this stuff makes it a complete waste of its potential. Alot of people find the entertainment and jokes missing because they don't get the parodies and homages.
I sure don't watch more mecha than most, but I understood most of the references in the story. It's chock full of general Golden Age sci-fi references in addition to the mecha references, which any old fan of 1950s sci-fi and the Raygun Gothic style will attest to. I had as much fun seeing all the "WORLD OF TOMORROW" crap in Sora Kake as I did when playing the original Fallout for the first time.

I will agree completely that Sora Kake is much better if you are a veteran fan of sci-fi, particularly Raygun Gothic style and Japanese mecha style. Just like Nanoha is much more rewarding to those who have knowledge of magical girl styles and mecha styles.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:23   Link #34
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
hm... so in the end

-Nami is more broken then ever.
-Akiha is still that same potato hugging brat.
-Leopard is still a retard missing a few chips in his head.
-significant population dead from all the fighting and the boxes disposal thing.
-Takane, one of the top fighter didn't really do any fighting.

I guess that makes it a downer ending?
Old 2009-07-01, 19:34   Link #35
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I sure don't watch more mecha than most, but I understood most of the references in the story. It's chock full of general Golden Age sci-fi references in addition to the mecha references, which any old fan of 1950s sci-fi and the Raygun Gothic style will attest to. I had as much fun seeing all the "WORLD OF TOMORROW" crap in Sora Kake as I did when playing the original Fallout for the first time.

I will agree completely that Sora Kake is much better if you are a veteran fan of sci-fi, particularly Raygun Gothic style and Japanese mecha style. Just like Nanoha is much more rewarding to those who have knowledge of magical girl styles and mecha styles.
Yea, the style in the show is outstanding whether its serious or spoofing.

The ancient or retro futuristic design provides a very nostalgic atmosphere that contrasts with the high technology, this is a major attraction to sci-fi fans.

Every single random name or term that they shout out there is a reference, homage and parody, so are seemingly random events.

Getting pulled out of an emergency warp by a large gravitational source, like Jupiter, is something you see all the time in sci-fi. Yet the audience here have no idea why it happens. And because its Jupiter, it has an even greater significance, Jupiter is the number 1 spot for all mecha anime that takes place in space.

The first Gundam relied on Jupiter for Helium-3 for nuclear fusion and ever since, various other Gundams had Jupiter contributing to the plot. Nadesico and a whole lot of other series had conflicts between Mars, the Asteroid Belt and Jupiter. Code Geass had to show Jupiter for no known reason. For Top wo Nerae!, Jupiter saved the galaxy. Invaders transformed the Jupiter into a second sun that heavily damaged the solar system in Getter Robo Armageddon. In Gaogaigar, Jupiter was ZA POWAA!!!

And here in Sora Kake, its at Jupiter where humans first made contact with aliens and began trading technologies with them, which led to the quantum technology revolution that the Shishidous started. The 'Crown of Proxima' itself was the trading and interaction station of humans and the aliens.

Without Jupiter, mecha anime would not be the same.

Old 2009-07-02, 01:18   Link #36
owq

BTW, can anyone make out the text on the box? During the time when Fon wants to send them to the hospital. There's [the queen this time]... then the rest I can't tell. Lol.
Old 2009-07-02, 06:37   Link #37
Hypernova

I just remembered, what happened to the piece of note in Enigma? I don't recall finding out what was written on it, so was it just a red herring?
Old 2009-07-03, 00:20   Link #38
Ani-OK

I have not watched the final episode yet and thus do not know how Sora Kake ends, but I am going to offer my prediction based on what I have seen of Sora Kake so far.

During the final battle (after the civilians are evacuated onto Xanthippe even though she is still badly damaged), Panther (Dark Leopard) frenzily fights off the Enigma Alliance and would have defeated them if Tsutsuji had not compelled of Benkei a »Pick on somebody your own size!!!« intercession with the prospect of securing the three sword mirrors if he succeeds. Benkei struggles in the battle with Panther who eventually destroys him. Takane guides Akiha through capitalizing on the hullabaloo and Akiha is successfully smuggled aboard with several soldiers and the EXISTENCE. The alien crocodile and its three child relatives are slain along with the alien octopus in the process of Akiha making her way to Panther's control room. Akiha unsuccessfully tries to talk some sense into Nami who then uses the Primavera to order the EXISTENCE to attack Akiha. Unfortunately, the EXISTENCE demonstrate for themselves that they prefer Akiha as their leader as they stalemate Nami's frenzied assault . . . knocking Nami hard on her caboose but nothing lethal. Akiha cries out against hurting Nami whose attack speed is inhibited because of her injuries and walks over to help Nami . . . or would have if Takane had not imparted a very maternal »Stay right where you are!!!« smack across Akiha's chops. Kagura harshly reprimands Akiha for needlessly endangering herself along with anyone that rushes to her rescue before using her Tachyon Sword to overpower Nami and destroy the Primavera which means Nami's cool Q-TECTOR goes bye-bye. Nami unleashes her anti-QT wave which kills Fon's QT roses along with Panther/Leopard's protection against the EXISTENCE Brain Attack mode. Akiha weeps profusely as she thinks back on all the time she has spent with Leopard (mostly getting upset at Leopard being an obtuse baka that drove her bananas but also gave her a chance to experience more of life than she normally would have). Nami breaks in with a derisive comment of whether Akiha is thinking about the stupid spud (aka Imoko) that becomes the preamble for Honoka explaining how she has had to learn to mourn and honor Kagura by how she has lived her life. Itsuki and Takane (who have just finished subduing Nami for ICP perpetrator transport) join Bougainvillea and Mintao in affirming Honoka's point with examples from their own lives. This gets Akiha to thinking what advice Imoko would offer in this situation. Of course, Akiha and Imoko have always dealt with whatever comes before them as it comes. Akiha pulls herself together and squeezes the trigger on the Arma Ignis Aureus (the equivalent of hitting the enter/return key on a keyboard after typing a command) to have the EXISTENCE use their Brain Attack at its full potency which completely formats the hard drive. Those of you who have ever formatted a disk or a disk drive knows what happens as a result: all the data is deleted and written over. Yes, that means bye-bye Leopard/Panther. Nami bursts out laughing as Akiha is crying her eyes out to explain that the Leopard Cannon will act as a self-destruct device for the entire Leopard Colony if Panther is ever infiltrated and conquered. While everybody scrambles to evacuate, Honoka stays behind to steer the Leopard Colony into a decaying Earth orbit so that the debris of the colony burns up in Earth's atmosphere instead of just floating around as space junk. Akiha cries out in protest as the Leopard Colony begins to burn up in Earth's atmosphere which hastens the matter-antimatter annihilation energy reaction that destroys the colony before hysterically ordering Starsylph to land on Earth. Itsuki leads Bou and Min through taking Akiha into protective custody as everybody heads back to Kirkwood where a hero's welcome awaits them.

THE EPILOGUE -- The news media gets a hold of everything about the Shishidou Conglomerate brain colonies and how dangerous they are if they should ever malfunction. With the Shishidou family falling into ill repute both professionally and personally (i. e. Kazane ordering Nami to retrieve Akiha even if that means causing a dangerous traffic accident on the highway), Kazane is constantly in the hot seat with press conferences and emergency board meetings to fight off civil litigation along with criminal charges while Takane is out with Akiha using the EXISTENCE's Brain Attack to format both Xanthippe and Benkei's hard drives only to discover that Tsutsuji has died. Nerval exhorts mercy when his turn comes by returning Imoko to Akiha. Akiha and Takane have a conversation that goes something like this:

Spoiler for Possible Sora Kake Conclusion:

After that, Akiha crashes Nerval and flies back home with Imoko and Takane. Akiha goes to court and is forced to answer a list of breaking and entering charges related to her earlier escapade for Leopard's components. Akiha is found guilty and sentenced to the community service of helping to repair all the damage that she caused while Kazane has to pay some very hefty fines for both Akiha and Nami's criminal conduct. Unfortunately, even with Akiha offering herself as responsible for the whole hullabaloo with the brain colonies alongside Kazane, the Shishidou Foundation Estate has its corporate charter revoked and is ordered to disband. The corporate disbanding comes with the revocation of Kirkwood citizenship and the proclamation that Kazane, Takane, Akiha, Nami, and Sakura are all no longer legally related to each other along with being banished to deep space forever.

THE END
Old 2009-07-03, 02:26   Link #39
Hypernova

^ LOLWUT?

Destructive anime heros being accountable for their actions? Say it ain't so!
Old 2009-07-03, 11:32   Link #40
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Without Jupiter, mecha anime would not be the same.
Don't forget that in Gundam 00, the GN solar furnaces can only be produced in conditions fulfilled on Jupiter.

Sunrise (and mecha anime in particular) really have a thing for Jupiter. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
^ LOLWUT?

Destructive anime heros being accountable for their actions? Say it ain't so!
Sounds like Ghostbusters.