AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-07-12, 02:53   Link #21
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I'm so jealous T_T

I've never had a first date... but that's up to me... I guess I'm too picky. I had a grilfriend in elementary school, but that not the age you date someone ^^' After changing schools, I never saw her again... The next girl I liked was some a firend's sister. She's so pretty (*_*) and even sent me a perfumed birthday card but me being too shy and being afraid of her brother's reaction, I never told her I liked her (((((-.-) I blew my chance ...

I haven't seen a single girl I really like ever since and me becoming older doesn't help either ... just getting more and more picky. I'm doomed to be single whole my life -_-
I feel as if it's too late for me now.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 04:07   Link #22
Sankari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran

The next girl I liked was some a firend's sister. She's so pretty (*_*) and even sent me a perfumed birthday card but me being too shy and being afraid of her brother's reaction, I never told her I liked her (((((-.-) I blew my chance ...

I haven't seen a single girl I really like ever since and me becoming older doesn't help either ... just getting more and more picky. I'm doomed to be single whole my life -_-
I feel as if it's too late for me now.
Sorry but I kinda cracked up at the "afraid of her brother thing" . Its natural though, but I think you shouldn't have been afraid, if you are a nice guy I doubt his bro would have reacted, perhaps asked you few questions as to what are your motives etc.

As for this, how out going are you? If you are out going I'm sure there's some girl out there who gets interested in you, don't be like some people who wait forever and don't act and end up alone. Just go out with friends and have fun, perhaps you will meet the love of your life.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 07:42   Link #23
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari
Sorry but I kinda cracked up at the "afraid of her brother thing" . Its natural though, but I think you shouldn't have been afraid, if you are a nice guy I doubt his bro would have reacted, perhaps asked you few questions as to what are your motives etc.
Well, that guy seemed to be a good person, but sometimes acted rather strangely. He also got me in a very embarassing situation once >_> Didn't trust that for 100% ... so that's why I was afraid of his reaction.

As for the going out part... I'm not doing that often. A few times a year and nothing more... like going to a restaurant with colleuges, but that's not like friends. Since high school and college, we've scattered everywhere and rarely see each other. Some on msn, some once in a while irl and the one I considered my best friend even vanished I don't know where without a trace... guess it had to do with his dad's job -_-

Looks like I'm part of the doomed loners group ^^' (not losers!)

Oh well ... maybe I'll get another chance as I'm going back to studying full time \(^^)/
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 09:03   Link #24
DaFool
Resident devil

If you like someone you just gotta proclaim it as honestly as possible...the only possible things to lose are regrets...

Don't miss your chances...if everyone's just waiting then nothing will happen...come on shy people deserve to reproduce too -_-

My problem is that I don't like anyone at all...I'm antisocial...and also in a severe testosterone environment (home, workplace)...and, no, yaoi is not an option.

In college I once invited a girl to church. I didn't expect it, but she came! That was cool. But I didn't consider that as a date. Too bad since it was the only pairing experience I had.

I also spent a lot of time with a co-chairperson of a club. She was typical class-president personality. Though we did the most mundane things together...go to the groceries, dance practices, road trips, I decided she was too good for me and didn't keep touch when I left the club. This was something I haven't regretted, since I was not yet mature and didn't want to hold her back, since she had a lot of promise for the future, a go-getter.

Never actually went to dinner, date, movie or anything, thats why I don't really like traditional romantic situations. Never actually reached a stage where one could declare that a relationship was about to begin. Heck, I wasn't even sure when friendship stopped and the beginnings of attraction started. It could even be only one-way even, but gosh the girls were just damn charming. I'd play it safe and say they were dates with a friend.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 17:33   Link #25
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Let's see...

When I was 19, I'd moved back in with my mother so I could help take care of my grandmother. My mother occasionally made comments that she was worried that I was so non-social, but I brushed it off. While I had a definite interest in women, I had no interest in dating, which my mother thought was abnormal.

One day I happened to ride with her to pick up a friend from work. We waited in the car. It would have been completely forgotten except that the next day, said friend informed me that one of her co-workers had seen me and taken an interest in me, so she wanted to relay my number to the girl.

I kindly explained that I really wasn't interested in dating any one, so while I was flattered, I would have to decline. At that point, my mother gave me the Evil Eye and said something about my non-existent social life. I protested, and she laid it down flat: "You're going out with that girl."

Now, I could have flat-out refused. Not only was it my social life, but I was an ADULT, for crying out loud. Nonetheless, it would have taken some serious, loud protesting to stop things there, and I would have had to live with my mother's wrath. I gave in, but made it clear I wasn't interested.

Since I still didn't have a paycheck from the job I'd taken after moving, my mother had to give me money to cover things. When I frantically worked on getting my car clean and direction straight the afternoon of the date, my mother proudly concluded that I was interested, after all. I wasn't. I just wanted to be polite.

I didn't actually even SEE this girl until I showed up at her door. She wasn't a beauty queen, but she wasn't ugly like most of the people in the town (not to be mean, but that's just the truth--most every one was pretty ugly). We probably looked like a redneck stereotypical couple, with me being skinny and her being round.

We ate Mexican (pretty much the only option other than fast food) and talked about nothing in particular. We tried for a movie afterwards, but in this town the last show was at dinner time, and there was nothing good playing, anyway... So we just drove around to talk.

Really, we didn't have any chemistry, nor anything in common, nor anything to talk about. She liked me just the same, though. I imagine that had a lot to do with our location: In most places, I am NOT considered a good catch by people my age (older folks tend to think so, but they have more mature priorities), but in that town, most of the guys at that age are unattractive and not yet mature enough to hold down a job.

The whole time, I tried to be as friendly and not-romantic as possible, but down south on a first date, that's just being a gentleman. I dropped her off and headed home, wishing I could have stayed there in the first place. She was nice, but I just wasn't interested, and I knew I'd have to disappoint her by telling her that.

Conveniently, though, I moved a week or two afterward.
I ran into her a couple of days before I left and she flirtily insisted I keep in touch (I didn't, not even out of politeness, as I didn't want to string her along).

Fast forward to my twenty-fourth year on earth. Past that, I still have yet to date. I'm not interested in dating recreationally, not interested in pursuing relationships without being 100% serious, and I've yet to meet any one to begin a relationship with. My peers tell me I'm insane, but my elders think I'm wiser than my peers. I'll stick with the opinion of experience.

I'm quite content to keep it that way until I find the woman for me, but I'll let God take care of that part.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 17:14   Link #26
Lady Yanami
There's always a catch...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Yanami Send a message via MSN to Lady Yanami

I was 11 and yes I consider this my 1st date. Cause it was really sweet. My bf Byron took me to this huge grassy area--kinda started behind the church and went a ways. But we sat in the grass, looking at the stars and he kissed me and we talked and it was just very sweet.
Lady Yanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:13   Link #27
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai
Let's see...

When I was 19, I'd moved back in with my mother so I could help take care of my grandmother. My mother occasionally made comments that she was worried that I was so non-social, but I brushed it off. While I had a definite interest in women, I had no interest in dating, which my mother thought was abnormal.

One day I happened to ride with her to pick up a friend from work. We waited in the car. It would have been completely forgotten except that the next day, said friend informed me that one of her co-workers had seen me and taken an interest in me, so she wanted to relay my number to the girl.

I kindly explained that I really wasn't interested in dating any one, so while I was flattered, I would have to decline. At that point, my mother gave me the Evil Eye and said something about my non-existent social life. I protested, and she laid it down flat: "You're going out with that girl."

Now, I could have flat-out refused. Not only was it my social life, but I was an ADULT, for crying out loud. Nonetheless, it would have taken some serious, loud protesting to stop things there, and I would have had to live with my mother's wrath. I gave in, but made it clear I wasn't interested.

Since I still didn't have a paycheck from the job I'd taken after moving, my mother had to give me money to cover things. When I frantically worked on getting my car clean and direction straight the afternoon of the date, my mother proudly concluded that I was interested, after all. I wasn't. I just wanted to be polite.

I didn't actually even SEE this girl until I showed up at her door. She wasn't a beauty queen, but she wasn't ugly like most of the people in the town (not to be mean, but that's just the truth--most every one was pretty ugly). We probably looked like a redneck stereotypical couple, with me being skinny and her being round.

We ate Mexican (pretty much the only option other than fast food) and talked about nothing in particular. We tried for a movie afterwards, but in this town the last show was at dinner time, and there was nothing good playing, anyway... So we just drove around to talk.

Really, we didn't have any chemistry, nor anything in common, nor anything to talk about. She liked me just the same, though. I imagine that had a lot to do with our location: In most places, I am NOT considered a good catch by people my age (older folks tend to think so, but they have more mature priorities), but in that town, most of the guys at that age are unattractive and not yet mature enough to hold down a job.

The whole time, I tried to be as friendly and not-romantic as possible, but down south on a first date, that's just being a gentleman. I dropped her off and headed home, wishing I could have stayed there in the first place. She was nice, but I just wasn't interested, and I knew I'd have to disappoint her by telling her that.

Conveniently, though, I moved a week or two afterward.
I ran into her a couple of days before I left and she flirtily insisted I keep in touch (I didn't, not even out of politeness, as I didn't want to string her along).

Fast forward to my twenty-fourth year on earth. Past that, I still have yet to date. I'm not interested in dating recreationally, not interested in pursuing relationships without being 100% serious, and I've yet to meet any one to begin a relationship with. My peers tell me I'm insane, but my elders think I'm wiser than my peers. I'll stick with the opinion of experience.

I'm quite content to keep it that way until I find the woman for me, but I'll let God take care of that part.

You remind me of Kyon...for some reason (said that cause of the icon).

But you also remind me of me...I am only 17...so I guess its not fair to talk so soon...but I am 0% interested in dating....unless it just happens. I have no social life...and I don't care.

To answer the question....I can't say I had a true date....I mean I want to the home coming dance with a bunch of friends....and I went with my two friends out to eat....but nothing you'd count as romantic.

If I ever have a true date...I guess I can come back here and talk about it...lol.
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:19   Link #28
Kiomi

Well...I really wanted to make a post....even though i've never actually been on a date befor. I have tried to understand it all, but I guess i gave up on it from how some reacted to me.

Im no longer too interested in Dating, but a year back a guy in my art class looked really interesting. He always came to school in really unique cloths, he looked really artistic. Sense I was an artist I drew a picture of him and gave it to him. The next day he moved away from me, almost like he avoided me....wich kinda sucked. Sense then i've been to scared to go up to anyguy, I wasn't even trying to make a pass at him.

For dates, I got with dinners with guy friends all the time, never really counted any of them as dates though. I'm more wating for the right person.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 01:07   Link #29
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Send a message via AIM to xTwilightx
Haha i love/hated my 1st "real" date

Man my first "real" date was back when i was either 14 or 15 and i took my then girl friend to go ice skating..i probably should have tryed ice skating before going with her because i ended up falling on my ass...several times. She was laughing, with me i might add, the whole time so i was happy, even got a good snogging session in at the end ^_^, too bad im not going out with her anymore :P
xTwilightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 03:43   Link #30
Lady Yanami
There's always a catch...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Yanami Send a message via MSN to Lady Yanami

Not saying that dating isn't something one should do. I've been married for almost 9 years and have never really been on a date with him. We didn't really date beforehand because I met him online. I think he's embarrased to be seen with me. I don't know why though -shrugs-

And even though I say I had a "date"--I was only 11 and I can't really count that. So in all honesty, I've never been on what someone would call a true date.

Someday perhaps I'll be able to. Who knows.
Lady Yanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 04:19   Link #31
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
:d

Wow, people are serious in this thread.

Well to sum it all up, my first date would probably be the worst date I've ever been to.
Flashback, when I was in my third year of High School (I was probably 15 or 16 then). It was your usual high school event called the (dreaded) Junior-Senior Promenade. Of course in my country, the American concept of Proms (losing "it", "being a man") is taboo, and JS Prom for us is just another social event where loners feel more lonely because they are alone.

The prom was in February (Valentines, -_-), and by December of the previous year / January by that year, I was contemplating to ask my highschool crush to go with me. Of course, that was a long shot, since to her I'm just "the elementary friend" (back in elementary we were really close friends), and we grew quite distant to each other come Highschool. Being a loser myself, I didn't get enough courage to ask her earlier, and when I did, she managed to snag herself a boyfriend .

So my loser antics made me "resort" to another girl, which I didn't particularly like at first, but is beautiful and attractive none the less. At the time that I asked her (it was after our quarterly exams), she didn't give any reply. I assumed she turned me down, which ultimately led to my two month depression.

But since I'm a nice guy to mostly all the female students in my class, one of my female friends that saw my lingering sadness, tried to comfort me by asking that girl again. The girl that turned me down oddly enough, agreed to go out with me (of course, it wasn't me who asked her the second time around) to prom. I was all smiles that day, little did I know the horrors of first dates that lie ahead of me.

The day of the prom arrived. My mom got a gift (a pair of earrings and a dozen roses) that I should give to my date. Of course, I would want the best impression on that day. I wore my coat and tie exactly as I planned to do. We agreed to have purple as the color of the evening, so I wore a purple polo under my coat. When I got to the venue, she was late, and I had to wait by the door for at least 30 minutes. When she arrived, she asked me to sit with her friends. Of course, I didn't know them very well (even though they are my classmates too), so I was out of place all evening. We barely had anything to talk about aside from how good the food we ate. She was bored, I can tell by her facial expressions. Then she thought I was bored too, because I yawned too much (not enough sleep really). Throughout the night, I felt like a caged monkey, as I see other couples dancing their heart out, I was left in my seat. I wasn't happy one bit during that date, but of course until the end, I gotta act like I did (I'm a jerk, it seemed).

After that event, me and my date never did talk much. It seemed we grew apart because of that. I snapped out of my depression after the school year ended, and I did regret I asked for a date for the JS prom.

Of course, the next year (Senior Prom), I never asked anyone for a date, but hell did I have fun.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 06:50   Link #32
zeeke
I will eat your cookies!!

Send a message via ICQ to zeeke Send a message via MSN to zeeke
well, you all post ypur first dates, time to post mine.

lets see.... it was one year ago, summer, i met a girl from "ragnarok online, Jynx ro server" odly eneugh, she was from my countrie, heck, she was from my city! and even lived across 2 streets from me >_>' (can you shout destiny?) anyway, we agreed to go out on a date, first we went to a park.. to talk arround and stuff, we ate icecream, saq a insane foll that dived into to a fountain (he hited his head hard from that dive) we laughed hard from that =^.^= then we went to the beech, got to see her in a bikini *^.^* that was fyn.. playing arround in the water with her.. huging.. kissing... after that we went for some pizza... yummi ^^' after that, we went to her house (no one was home, and no, no sex) we left our stuff there and went out again.. we went for some ice scating... though she did fall alot, but most of the time i cought her ^^ in the evening we went to bowling, after tahn the date ended, she got a call from her dad, -screaming: "where were you for 9hours!?" ofcourse i did escort her back home, and to this day, we still date eachother... i really like her ^^
zeeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 14:10   Link #33
CLAMPshinobi

Send a message via AIM to CLAMPshinobi Send a message via Yahoo to CLAMPshinobi
Well my first date was recently. HEH! ^^! But anywho we went to go see Pirates 2. It was fun. I ended enjoying the movie more than him. But then we were talking and we went to the beach. Yeah... he got me in a swimsuit... Yeah i dont really go swimming alot. We went to Mailbu. But yeah so then he actually asked if he could kiss me... but of course i said yes because 1. he was hot 2. i guessed he was a good kisser 3. i actually liked him unlike the other pervs at my school.
So then we kissed and we are going out now. WAIT This is my second! My FIRST date was on Valentine's Day. Ironically... it was with the same person. He was desperate! He wrote on his hand and on covered his face with the other. He asked will you go out with me and go to the dance with me? i was laughing so hard i fell down! but then he got all sad so i felt sorry and said yes. so then we had a good time and we kissed... but this time on the cheek. Yeah he bought me this cute little mokona keychain. I bought him one of those naurto headbands. Yeah that was expenive where i got it... so yeah those were my dates and we are still together! THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE! (Back to the future song that power of love.) ^^
CLAMPshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 10:40   Link #34
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

first date was 8 years ago. long time.
now, no dates haha!
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 11:19   Link #35
sedukshun
kimee ~

well a date to me is when u both dress up and go somewhere nice ^^

as a 14 year old a day out to the arcades could count as a bloody date hahahaha
or a trip to the cinema *rolls eyes*
ive never had a proper date...if i think about it..
a meal out on my birthday with my boyfriend, is that a date lol?

well instead of talking about my 1st date i'd just give a list of my experiences what i could call a date. but it isn't like a grown up date? *if u get wot i mean* ~gets totally confused~

anyways a day out with a boy i really liked? he took me to mcdonalds (ahahaha) and we walked around town then i got free tickets to bowling off the bouncer i knew and we played bowling ~ he lost muhahah! and den he took me home and gave me a hug..and got lost trying to go home lmao!!! note: i was 15

errrrr another one is with my boyfriend, he took me to a nice chargrill barbeque restaurant for my bday ~ on that day i was feeling like crap so i made him buy me a new top so i wud feel better lol! note: i was 18

and also with my boyfriend, before we were official boyfriend/girlfriend ~ me and my best friend and him went to a mall ~ we had chcken and fries take out and sat on a bench to eat it (pfft) ~ den we walkd back to near his house ~ then my friend left us, and then so he took me to the park and we messes around on the swings and stuff (LMAO) den we sat on the bench and talkd ~ i got cold and made him put his arm around me ^^ ~ den we went to the bus stop and i sat on his lap and he cuddled me LOL ^____^ *blush* den i went home with a hug...*yay* HAHAHA note: i was 15

hmms once a boy i liked picked me up from my friends house i was stayin at ~ and we had a chat, he was on his bike and i was walkin along (wtf lol) and then we went to the park (wot the hell?) and then it started raining so my fringe/bangs was flat on my forehead and i looked a mess U_U" and den he took me back to my friends house after an hour...*all i got was a hug ¬¬* note: i was 14

how pathetic...eh? LOL im still young...19 next month...plenty of time to have real dates with my boyfriend eh (been with him for 3 years +) hehe ^^ <3
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 11:20   Link #36
Sankari

Since I already talked about my date earlier I might add something here:

I agree with some people here that I'm not that interested in dating people but I have definately alot of interest towards women. However my big brother (who has been popular all his life pretty much and got all the women he wanted) and my mom are already wondering if I'm interested in women at all, which is stupid. Ofcourse I want a girl, ofcourse I want to get married, ofcourse I want to get kids. I wasn't the most popular guy out there, well perhaps I was popular actually, but I made too many mistakes that cost me quite a bit in the social life.

I hate snobby girls who think they are better than others, I hate girls who laugh at others when they confess to you. I'd love to see one of these girls confess to someone, thats right, they can't, because they are too scared to get rejected! Don't you girls see that this is exactly what men has to go trough? They are scared shitless just to confess to you but they still go ahead with it and then someone laughs at them? Oh come on!

Whoever invented the policy "girls don't ask guys out" was a retard.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 11:33   Link #37
sedukshun
kimee ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari
I hate snobby girls who think they are better than others, I hate girls who laugh at others when they confess to you. I'd love to see one of these girls confess to someone, thats right, they can't, because they are too scared to get rejected! Don't you girls see that this is exactly what men has to go trough? They are scared shitless just to confess to you but they still go ahead with it and then someone laughs at them? Oh come on!

Whoever invented the policy "girls don't ask guys out" was a retard.
LOL...well since i was 12 (when i 1st developed feelings for boys haha) i had always been the one who confessed =/ i dno why... they didnt really reject me it's more like "oh really ~ i think you are nice too" LOL and then after a few weeks would stop talking to each other coz by then i knew it was a one-sided "love"
but like it was weird...
when i get upset about it like seriously i suddenly get mad at them and call them names ~ yeah i no thats immature LOL and then we'd end up hating each other for awhile
i've only ever had 1-3 boyfriends ~ wasnt quite sure if the other 2 counts....long distance??
but anyways its always been me who confessd.
and for some weird reason only one boy confessed that he loved me
and that's my current boyfriend LOL

well actually some ppl have said they loved me fancied me in the past ~ but weirdos/pervs on the street doesnt count does it...

so it's not always true =D
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 19:11   Link #38
Kamiru

Send a message via MSN to Kamiru
It's a funny story - actually, and not a complete date!

Me and my friends were going to go see a movie (Christmas with the Kranks) and my best friend pushed me to ask out a guy I thought was pretty cute. I asked him if he wanted to tag along and see the movie and he said sure. Of course, after this you feel extremely relieved but it was only a few minutes later did I hear he didn't consider it a date! I had to ask him out all over again, this time clearly gushing that I was into him.

When me and my friends got to the movie that night, one of my friends' mothers dropped us off and she was extremely overprotective. It was only then that my friend mentioned her mother had no idea I had invited a boy along and would no doubt forbid it completely. Naturally, I spazzed and me and my best friend came up with a plan to meet him at the local Starbucks. As soon as the previews started, my best friend and I snuck out of the theatre to meet him. But good old mum was still there. We had to babble out some excuse that I had forgotten my water bottle and ran off to Starbucks to 'get it'.

Turns out he had stood me up! XD It was still an entertaining night...
Kamiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 21:39   Link #39
Tabris

Ummm, at the time, it wasn't much of a date, but thinking back to it, it pretty much was.

Suprisingly the girl I was with ate her half of the pizza quicker than I did, and that's something that doesn't happen often.

Was fun though. I don't remember much else.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 22:01   Link #40
mit7059

Well just had my first date on Friday night, went to go see the Departed (amazing movie I highly recommend it). It went pretty well, we hung out some more over the weekend, then yesterday I actually worked up the courage to ask her out, probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, she left me in limbo all day today but then actually agreed to try going out with me. So I'm a little rattled right now, I'm certainly happy but I'm also very nervious and don't want to eff this up.
Me with a girlfriend, really who would have thunk it?

(and she likes anime)

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote