AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 00:09   Link #61
HoboGod
Necromancer

I have two favorites actually....

My favorite horror film is Night of the Living Dead (1968) and the scariest film i've ever seen was Serpant and the Rainbow (1985).

Night of the living dead was just a pure classic, i honostly don't think any other zombie movie has done a better job than it has.

Serpant and the Rainbow.... I admit that i was pretty young when i saw this, but it was FAR from the first horror film i've seen. When i first saw this, i was pretty confident that no horror film could scare me anymore... i was wrong. So much shit in here that crosses the line between what's good and evil and not in the satanic way that has been overdone since the exorsist.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 23:57   Link #62
xxxButterfliesxxx

Send a message via AIM to xxxButterfliesxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxButterfliesxxx
Japanese Horror Films

Does anyone out there watch Japanese Horror Films...I do. Anyway if you do, what are your favorite ones? Mine are in order from favorite, to least favorite.

Premonition --Norio Tsuruta
Ringu 0 --Norio Tsuruta
Pray --Not sure on the Director
Ju-on --Takashi Shimizu

I’ve seen others but they didn’t make the list.
xxxButterfliesxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 03:14   Link #63
jedinat

Ooh, I might be interested in checking those out. Mind giving a few discriptions/thoughts on them?
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 04:35   Link #64
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
OmG, horror movies are just freaking me out.... to be honest, everytime i finishes watching a horror movie, i would be freaked out for about a month! couldnt get a good sleep lol. Take "House of Wax" as an example, i couldnt sleep for about 3 weeks! you might say that it isnt scary at all! but it freaked me out badly lolz! Maybe I'm just too vulnerable
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 08:35   Link #65
xxxButterfliesxxx

Send a message via AIM to xxxButterfliesxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxButterfliesxxx
Quote:
Ooh, I might be interested in checking those out. Mind giving a few discriptions/thoughts on them?
Premonition--While driving through the countryside with his wife and daughter,Hideki Satomi stops at the phone booth to send an email.There he discovers a scrap of newsprint with his daughter's picture on it,and an article describing her death in a traffic accident.With a sense of horrible premonition and foreboding,he witnesses the terrifying automobile accident that had been accurately described in the article.The grieving father becomes obsessed with uncovering the mystery of the newspaper.

Thoughts -- This movie was amazing. If you truely like a gripping story and being scared then you'll love it. The director did a great job, it's not that hard to follow if you pay attention to it.

Ringu 0 --Combining elements of drama and horror, Ring 0 is a very worthy installation of the indie horror franchise. This film really starts, though, as a drama, telling us the story of Sadako in a very linear fashion (which, deliciously, has become the more difficult and confusing path to take, since we already know the end of the story). We see Sadako as a human (!)

Thoughts --Norio Tsuruta did another fantastic job. During this movie (which I watched with a friend) I actually felt bad and by the end I was rooting for the bad guy, while being scared of her at the same time. LOL. This is kind of a coming of age (and killing everyone) kind of story.
xxxButterfliesxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 14:07   Link #66
jedinat

Thanks. I'll check them out
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 14:59   Link #67
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i dont do scary movies...especially the ones that can be true. i know they are probably really good, and i wish im able to watch them, but i get so scared id hide behind someone or a pillow whenever i watch a scary movie. blood freaks me out, disgusting things freaks me out, gory dead bodies freak me out...anything freak me out. except for the really fake things that i know wont happen, like aliens and zombies, i can just laugh at how fake they look ^^ anyways, ALL nowadays scary movies scare the hell out of me.
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 22:38   Link #68
Kiomi

The exorcism of Emily Rose was the first real scarey movie that I watched... I hate Scarey movies. Even though you tell yourself "thats retarted, im not going to be scared" That night you will be up till 5 because you think somthings going to pop out of your closet.

After I watched Emily Rose, I could not go to sleep till after 3. In the movie...this spirit would come after you at 3 o clock for some w/e reason. I laughed at it at first, but sure enough that night....I had the jitters. It's been 6 mounths and everytime I go to bed around 2:30 I will NOT go to sleep intill after 3.

I also watched The Village and Sighns, but those made me laugh ^^.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 23:40   Link #69
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

I don't really have a scary movie that I'm super afraid of, but I am afraid of zombies. For those who said zombies are stupid ad move too slow to even atch you, you're right, but I'm not talking about those zombies. I'm talking about the ones in Dawn of the Dead. Theses bi***es can run, maybe even faster than you can. If those ever came into real life, we're screwed.
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 23:38   Link #70
skLL

@Secca

yea... i hate movies with little evil happy girls... im fine with blood and gore... and heads and guts flying everywhere... mayb from too much shooting games... but happy twin girls in the same clothing.... *shivers*

I forgot the name of the movie but there's this one that has been haunting me... well... not really HAUNTING... but like... if i hear or see something similar... there was this scene... with these two expressionless twin girl wearing white pjs and both saying "redrum"... or "run"... or "come stay and play with us forever and ever and ever".......... holy shit man... i get chills...

there was this day when i was driving... turned on radio... and they had this commercial with something about saving the environment or something... starts of with a girl saying some facts... then 2 girls start saying it togheter... then more and more ppl... I was like OH SHIT!!!!! and almost crashed into a lamp post... lol...

yea... u can see how much i hate it...

usually... i try not to watch as little scary movies as possible... cuz yea... as kira_lacusXX said... the ones that have the possibility of coming true... yuck... lol
skLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 23:36   Link #71
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
you're talking about "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson. It is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. One of Stan Kubrick's best films ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skLL
I forgot the name of the movie but there's this one that has been haunting me... well... not really HAUNTING... but like... if i hear or see something similar... there was this scene... with these two expressionless twin girl wearing white pjs and both saying "redrum"... or "run"... or "come stay and play with us forever and ever and ever".......... holy shit man... i get chills...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 11:00   Link #72
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
you're talking about "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson. It is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. One of Stan Kubrick's best films ever.
I first saw the Shining when I was five years old (five years old is my shorthand for "I remember it, but I wasn't in kindergarten yet"), and I refused to go to the bathroom by myself for the next two months. It's amusing to me what parts out of a movie will be deemed scary by a little kid. Blood rivers flowing down the hall? No problem. Creepy twin girls? No problem. Jack Nicklaus running around with an axe? No problem. Hot naked lady in the bathtub turning into evil old lady and choking kid to death? BIG PROBLEM!

I also saw Alien and Cujo in the same general time period. Cujo never did much to me, but Alien contained the only scene in any visual medium ever that gave me nightmares. For weeks after I saw the movie I would have nightmares of Ash (the android) laying in a pool of white liquid (I'm assuming it's his internal lubricant or something) after he'd been bludgeoned to pieces. The part that scared me? The head continued talking as if everything was fine. Literally freaked me out so badly I couldn't sleep for days at a time. Giant alien hunting down people? No problem. Head talking in a pool of it's own blood? BIG PROBLEM!

I've had far more scary experiences with books though. I lived a large part of my formative years in Lake Tahoe (that's a ski resort in the mountains between the US states of Nevada and California) and I lived within walking distance of a ski resort - so you can imagine that I grew up in an area that saw a very heavy snowfall multiple times in the year. The first time I read the Shining I was 14. I was home alone, and by the time Jack is tearing out the wires on the snowmobile and casting it into the snow an enormous snowstorm hit. I was sitting with a table lamp on, in a recliner facing a wall of windows that looked out over Nevada (that place had a gorgeous view, though I couldn't see any of it that night) watching the snow fall. By the time I finished it that night, snow was piled up in front of my door two or three feet deep. I sat there, in the dark except for the one little table lamp, with my back facing the rest of the house listening every creak and noise - too afraid to get up and turn around to walk to where the light switch was.
Old 2006-07-24, 11:37   Link #73
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Evil happy little girls *shivers* Someone mentioned Juon. There was a dead little boy that suddenly show up under the blanket. Scared me the hell out of me. Couldn't sleep at all after that one. That movie is so evil. >_<;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 13:11   Link #74
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

There this memorable site that discusses and talks about horror-movies 24 hrs. a day/7 days the week.

House of Horrors | Terror Awaits You in Every Room!
The webmaster of that site, named Caretaker, listed the movies that screwed up our minds as children and left their mark on USA cinematography history.

Ranging from the 50's to the 2000's films.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 02:55   Link #75
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
"It" scared me shitless...
agree, i saw it when i was about 6 years old, my sister and father rented it and were watching it and i watched allong not knowing what it was about, ever since ive never been to a circus or even near clowns even now when i watch it it scares the hell out of me, right till the ending scene.. which isnt scary at all

other movies i saw that scared me to death, Dawn of the Death, the remake version of it, i didnt see the original but hell i didnt leave my house for like 4 days and i got funny dreams about it... what if somehting like that happened... damn id rather shoot myself int he head if it were to happen

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the remake i saw first i later bought the original which wasnt scary at all if you compare, but the remake is just juckie and scary blaa! i didnt wanna leave the house after that

and The Grudge, the original version, it was on TV so i watched it, late in the evening ofcourse, but i couldnt leep, i couldnt get that sound out of my head and the thought of the thing hanging over you while you lie in bed sleeping scares the hell out of me

and then the Ringu 0 Birthday, not really scary but at the end i cant stand to see that dress with long black hair covering the face while everyone is running away from her yet always come across her again, that scene is just freaky

the Excorcist, nothing much but a 2 seconds scene of the woman walking through the living room and in a flash you see the devil's face on the wall when she just passes, that face hauntd me for days

and last one, Blair witch project, first time i sawit the ending scared the hell out of me, i just cant see the ending scene where she suddenly drops dead and one of her friends is standing int he corner, Blairwitch 2 wasnt as good as the first one, wasnt scary enough. now if i watch it again i just keep in mind that they deserved it for destroying those graves / little hump of rocks even if it were on accident, but i cant see that final scene in the house nada!

i saw the Shinning several years ago when i was 14 i think while we were gone on holiday, my mom is a big Jack Nicholson, i watched allong for awhile, didnt find it mucho scary, i found it awsome really

everytime i see a horror movie i just keep in mind.. its far far away.. nothing's gonna happen.. im gonna stab anyone with my large butcher knife that comes in to do scary things and it will be fine again :P with that meaning the evil horror movie people such as Jason and such, after seeing some werewolf films i read up about those htings to be 'prepared' thats what i did when i was younger, pretty silly isnt it

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-08-01 at 03:08.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:14   Link #76
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarumA
im gonna stab anyone with my large butcher knife that comes in to do scary things and it will be fine again :P
Wouldnt that constitute Horror?

I dont particularly look for Horror's to watch, why should I pay to get scared silly?, and I hate it when they show trailers for Horror's at the cinema, before a cheerful show like Cars or Pirates. (I want to close my eyes but I'm scared that pretty babe two rows up will think I'm a coward - I am, really.)

I have, however, watched 28 Days Later, not too sure if that is Horror, but anyway while I didnt exactly enjoy the scary ride, it was a very good movie. I also remember that talking head scene from Alien. Not good.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 03:40   Link #77
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Hmm lol probaly the first horrow movie I watched when I was little it was the Childs Play Movies

Childs Play
Childs Play 2
Childs Play3
And the other two are jsut god damn funny

The bride of Chucky
The Seed Of Chucky

Lol in fact I wanted to get over that fear I got the movies now I just laugh my head off at Chucky,Tiffany(Bride of chucky) and Glen(Seed of Chucky) So yeah for awhile I was terrified of dolls
Old 2006-08-01, 11:22   Link #78
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney
Hmm lol probaly the first horrow movie I watched when I was little it was the Childs Play Movies

Childs Play
Childs Play 2
Childs Play3
And the other two are jsut god damn funny

The bride of Chucky
The Seed Of Chucky

Lol in fact I wanted to get over that fear I got the movies now I just laugh my head off at Chucky,Tiffany(Bride of chucky) and Glen(Seed of Chucky) So yeah for awhile I was terrified of dolls

that reminds me of when i was like 7 years old and my dad would take me to the video rent store to rent a good blockbustr movie for saturday night, when he would pay for the renting and suh i would sneak off and go look at th horror movie section i loved the creepy covers and scary pictures on the back but some eventually scared me to death as did the ons of Childplay, a doll looking like its about to kill you while using a siccors to cut the head of a jack in a box off, not good, i kicked all my dolls out of my room at that time
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 11:31   Link #79
guess

I just watched this British horror film "The Descent." It's about six women went to explore a cave as sports. The horror starts when the entry is sealed off because of a collapse and they have to find their own way out. Then they discover that there is something lurking in the dark. It may sound cliche but it sure does give horror films a new meaning. Of course, it does help when I watched it around mignight. I couldn't finish it because it was too scary, even the bathroom looks like a cave to me.

Actually, what realy makes me feel horrified and sad at the same time, is, why is that time and time again, it has been proven that, intentionally or not intentionally, the most horrible thing is the evil of human heart?

Last edited by guest; 2006-12-31 at 19:03. Reason: clarification
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 18:45   Link #80
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I have seen a lot fo horror movie as a kid my dad was Horor movie Fanatic . Though I am indiffrent towards Horror Movies my pick would be an evil dead type New Zealand movie called

Brain Dead ( Clickie )

Has anyone else seen this one its a cult classic directed by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame . A lil parodfic but still a classic