AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-22, 13:43   Link #1
Residentbadass

I need something to watch

First time poster, if I crossed over any boundaries, please let me know and I'll do my best to correct it.

Sorry for the lack of information in the title, but I think the genre I want is a little bit more in depth than a limited title can hold.

My very interest of anime over the past year or so has been fueled on the fact that I can spoil an anime for my friend. Basically, what we find a series. Then we race to finish that series (we watch it all the way through), then the person who finds a spoiler will be an ass and ruin the series for the other person.

If you couldn't follow me there, here is an example: My friend and I watched Chrno Crusade at the same time. Me, being the more ball crunching dominant endurance beast, finished the series rougly 4 hours before he did. I told him that
Spoiler:

I therefore gained an ego boost. I need an anime with something that you don't really expect like that.

Some limitations though:
No romance heavy series. Its fine if theres romance in it, but not too much. I can only stomach so much.

Comedy heavy series are not my thing. Same general rules go with romance, its fine with some, too much is bad.

Crotch Rockage - This term coined from Maddox, I want an anime with some action. Elfen Lied is a good example of crotch rockage. Not exactly "action" but it was pretty bad ass and made me feel more manly in the end.

Animation and art - I don't want to be staring at someone's ass for a face for 10 hours while I marathon this anime. I also would like at least decent animation in the series. Because I do some animations in flash in my spare time, I want to figure out how much I suck compared to the pros.

Thanks for your time, and reading through my utter garbage of a post.
Old 2006-07-22, 14:52   Link #2
Kiomi

Animator in flash? Haruhi Suzumiya has amazing animation. I'm an artist so I too try to compare myself to the pro's. As for story line, you may be ok with it (I LOVED the storyline).... but the animation is to die for.

Karas: excellent animation, a lot of fighting, don't know of any romance though. It also has really interesting characters.

Fate/Stay night might be really good for you as well.

I've been a manga fan for a really long time and just got into anime so I don't have a lot to provide you ^^

Hope this helps
Old 2006-07-22, 15:05   Link #3
Glamdring

So basicaly you just want anime with a lot of spoilers and lot of action ?
You should watch the Mai Otome/mai Hime series in which there are a lot of fight and lot of dead people
You could also watch Berserk because the thing that happen in the end is so unpredictable and will leave like an idiot.
I second Fate/stay night and add FullMetal Alchemist ( lot of deads and the end is pretty much unpredictable too ), Cowboy Bebop (only one dead but one of the saddest of anime history ), Evangelion and the Gundam SEED series and Black Cat

I hope I am not wrong in my understanding ^^
Old 2006-07-22, 15:21   Link #4
Residentbadass

Yeah, I watched Fate/Stay Night while it was being released. My friend picked it up about 2 weeks ago and
Spoiler:
for him.

I finished Haruhi Suzumiya and nearly wet myself from the quality of animation, I also thought the plot owned face.

One thing I kinda veer away from is the whole mecha/giant robot thing right now. My friend beat me to the end of GunXSword and ruined the fact that
Spoiler:
After that, I want to stay away from the genre until I at least marathon another series.

I finished Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Evangelion, and Black Cat. I liked all of them to a degree.

I really didn't like Gundam SEED's animation style. It was way too "smooth", if you understand what I mean, so I never finished it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be sure to check out the series you guys mentioned. Another thing I want to somewhat delve away from the more mainstream anime for suggestions, as I think I watched most of it since I really don't do anything else.
Closed Thread