AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-15, 16:23   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Cool Jinki / Jinki:Extend / Jinki:Extend Relation manga (updated)

Mangaka: Sirou Tunasima
Publisher: Mag Garden
Licensor: ADV manga

ADV Manga covers

Covers for volumes seven & eight

Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty to locate the covers for volumes 4-6. If anyone has them, it would be a great contribution for this thread that they be posted.

To be honest I'm so fond with the illustrations for both young Shizuka and young Hino respect to their character design in the manga, unlike how their younger selves were portrayed in the anime.

Anyone who owns and has already read the eighth volume would want to post what happens next.

Last edited by Guido; 2011-08-07 at 02:11.
Old 2006-05-15, 16:40   Link #2
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Covers for Volumes 4-6

Summary of volume 8 currently in progress...
Old 2006-05-15, 19:37   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Note: This summary has been made with the assumption that the reader has read all the previous volumes, both Jinki and Jinki: Extend, (which, chances are, the average reader on this forum won't have done yet ), and knows what is going on, so ask if you have any questions.

Spoiler for Volume 8 Summary:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-05-15 at 20:03.
Old 2006-05-16, 00:05   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Note: This summary has been made with the assumption that the reader has read all the previous volumes, both Jinki and Jinki: Extend, (which, chances are, the average reader on this forum won't have done yet ), and knows what is going on, so ask if you have any questions.

Spoiler for Volume 8 Summary:
I have all of the Jinki manga, although in Japanese. Also, I have the first two volumes of the Jinki:Extend manga.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-16, 01:48   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-02, 04:20   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Heads up for Jinki readers: volume 9 is scheduled for release on December 9th of this year, and is slated to be released with a Limited Edition figure of the fan-favorite character Rui Kousaka. http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/jinki9/index.html That baby is going on my shrine.

I've already pre-ordered mine. For those who would like to do so also: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....EY=NEOSL-11279
Old 2006-12-16, 21:19   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Volume 9 was released on December 14th, and I just got my copy in this morning.

Wow, what a volume.

Spoiler for Volume 9:

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-12-16 at 21:34.
Old 2007-01-16, 15:28   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Tunasima to End Jinki:Extend in a Rush

I have found out that manga-ka, Sirou Tunasima, has officially announed he's going to cease working on the Jinki:Extend manga due to irreconciliable differences between the manga editor and himself. This thus means that the manga most likely will end up prematurately and incompleted.

However, Tunasima has stated that he has already worked up and written sixty-pages to conclude as BEST AS POSSIBLE the manga in spite of the time constraints. In addition, he stated that he might return working on the story in the future.

So for those who got volume nine the previous month do not expect volume ten, but instead will have to wait for the rushed epilogue to be released.

Indeed, another great manga that it's left in uncertainty whether or not it would be completely finished.

Source. http://diary13.cgiboy.com/0/k2bat/index.cgi?mode=out#15
(Japanese)
Old 2007-01-16, 16:27   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

To clear up something here:

While Guido is correct in that Blade Comics has cancelled its publishing of Jinki Extend, Shiro Tsunashima has at the moment not decided to stop working on Jinki: Extend. He said that currently he has created 60 pages past the end of Volume 9 and is proceeding on further work, although he hasn't specified how far past Volume 9 he'll take it.

On the very hopeful/dreaming side, he may decide to take Jinki; Extend the rest of the way (albeit more rushed than if Blade Comics hadn't dumped him) and actually wrap up J:E in several more volumes. (he did not say this in any way in the article, this is merely what I believe to be the best case scenario)

However, I doubt he'll be able to get several more volumes done, as much as I'd like that to happen. I expect one, maybe two more volumes left. Which, actually, could wrap this up pretty good. We're already at what can be done as the end of the Lost Years Arc, then we go back to the Tokyo Arc and get probably more than a full volume to wrap that up. (if he makes two more volumes and not just one) So pray for two more volumes, and we should e able to get a reasonably good ending for the circumstances.

All-in-all, sucky-@ss news , but hopefully he'll take this far enough to conclude it reasonably well.
Old 2007-01-16, 18:17   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You see Shinji103, that's why it sucks to me not be able to fully get grasp of Japanese language.

On a happier note, Anime News Service has also announced the same news.

Quote:
Citing differences of opinion in policy with the editor in-chief of Mag Garden Magazine, mangaka Sirou Tunasima has decided to discontinue publication of Jinki Extend. In a January 15th internet diary entry by the author he apparently quotes his editors' critique: "Mecha in this magazine do not have the same rights as a human character". Tunasima contends he has drawn his mecha like a human character up until now and when started the serial at the magazine there was an understanding on this between himself and the editorial staff. Volume 9 was the last released manga volume to hit shelves in Japan on December 14th, 2006. Reviews across the board from longtime series followers have ranked it near the best of all the JE stories. Post volume 9, Tunasima adds he has completed and submitted 60 pages of additional material which effectively tie the story up (or leave it hanging) as much as possible. He hopes to be able to bring Jinki Extend back at some point in the future. This could possibly come through a new deal with another magazine. Jinki has already traded hands with different publications once before, having previously ran in GanGan Wing Magazine. The presently ongoing Jinki Extend Manga and Anime are licensed in the United States by ADV.
So, basically yes Tunasima is more than willing to keep writing on the story, but first he must find someone that wants to publish it.

Pray, and let us pray!
Old 2007-01-16, 18:33   Link #11
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

This also happened at least once before with the Galaxy Angel manga, so there is indeed a good chance that we'll get to see more Jinki: Extend.

Although in that article above from ANS, it is also inferred that the current ending will be 60 pages long. What Tsunashima actually said was that he is working on a quick ending to J:E atm. It is at present 60 pages and he is still working on more.
Old 2007-01-31, 18:32   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

A little something I found while looking up various news posts on J:E through google:

Original Jinki scanlations!

http://www.thewafflehouse.net/projects/jinki.php
Old 2007-02-02, 20:47   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
A little something I found while looking up various news posts on J:E through google:

Original Jinki scanlations!

http://www.thewafflehouse.net/projects/jinki.php

My God! You made my day!

Thank you very much!
Old 2007-02-15, 20:45   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

HALELUJAH!!!!! (or however you spell it, lol)

Tsunashima has reported on his diary site that he has received over 10 mails offering to coninue J:E!!!

Wow....just wow. That was a lot faster than I thought. And more than 10?! Wow, people over there in Japan like J:E.

http://diary13.cgiboy.com/0/k2bat/index.cgi?mode=out
Old 2007-02-15, 22:23   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
HALELUJAH!!!!! (or however you spell it, lol)

Tsunashima has reported on his diary site that he has received over 10 mails offering to coninue J:E!!!

Wow....just wow. That was a lot faster than I thought. And more than 10?! Wow, people over there in Japan like J:E.

http://diary13.cgiboy.com/0/k2bat/index.cgi?mode=out
You beated me to that news, but I humbly accept my defeat and concede your win.
Old 2007-02-24, 02:28   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Would have been even better if the news was that ADV had offered to drop the license so a company that actually cares about Manga could do it instead.
Old 2007-02-25, 05:43   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Would have been even better if the news was that ADV had offered to drop the license so a company that actually cares about Manga could do it instead.
Mmmm, well, I'd say that that would be on the same level of "good news" as J:E's recommencial, not better. 'Cause I don't wanna see J:E get the early grave.

But yep, ADV needs to either drop J:E, or bring it back. Grrrrr.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:37   Link #18
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
According to wikipedia, this thing will be picked up by Dengeki Moeoh. Anyone know when will this happen, or will it even happen at all? I havn't seen JE pages on Dengeki's web. :\
Old 2007-09-13, 03:38   Link #19
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

That was brought up over in the thread for the naime by snoehter poster. (not sure why he brought it up there and not here in the manga thread, but oh well) We don't know when it will actually recommence, but the past few issues of Dengeki have had J:E pics in them of the characters. You can find these on Minitokyo and Anime Paper.
Old 2007-09-17, 15:15   Link #20
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
"Mecha in this magazine do not have the same rights as a human character"
Turns out money can't buy everyone after all, for good or bad.