AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-11, 20:41   Link #1021
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Again, no one knows if they're dead or not--official site does not list them as dead, but as missing. As opposed to others (like Luiciano) who are listed as dead.
We'll know soon enough next week...

Nina must die in a horrible way, because of her Guilford died without seeing Cornelia (the real one) again. I feel sorry for him.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:44   Link #1022
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
A bit hypocrite, she is one day best friends with nunally and gino and then she is a bitch to suzaku and homicide genius, it's very "selective" in her hate to britannia.
Um this made perfect sense to me. Nunnally and Gino came in to chat and were more or less friendly and polite to her. Suzaku came in with drugs and was gonna shoot her up against her will. Luciano came in and announced he was going to rape her (not threaten flat out TOLD her he was going to rape her as though him not doing it was not a possiblity). It's understandable why she was not happy to see those two. Had Suzaku came in to chat she might have been more friendly but he whipped out the drugs.

You can't hate or like a whole country as a whole. Every place has some good people and some assholes.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:47   Link #1023
prototype_sky

Quote:
Leadership skills, yes, but please note that Cornelia didn't stand a chance during her first battle against Kallen. Kallen's piloting skills are on par with the Rounds members, as Gino said, and we know through Nonnette that Cornelia's abilities are NOT on par with Rounds members.
But she can pilot I mean who help take out V.V with one arm tied behind her back in with a crappy KF. Unfortunately she was never given a > 6th generation frame to be able to stand a chance against Kallen.

But you got to admit Kallen loses serious leadership points and in Code Geass leadership is the name of the game and Cornelia is the only woman that excels in that area. Heck even Suzaku has lead men during season 2 episode 7/8
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:50   Link #1024
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king

Quote:
Leadership skills, yes, but please note that Cornelia didn't stand a chance during her first battle against Kallen. Kallen's piloting skills are on par with the Rounds members, as Gino said, and we know through Nonnette that Cornelia's abilities are NOT on par with Rounds members.
You know, that's a very relative thing. Cornelia didn't stand a chance against THE GUREN not kallen, and all those "excellent pilots" also known as rounds might have a little better skill than other average pilots, like let's say lelouch or Tamaki , but whenever they own others has been ALWAYS ala Gundam Seed.

Let me put an example and then you tell me if you are right. Gino and Anya didn't stand a chance against the guren upgrade when they fought, so accrording to you kallen pawns everyone, but then again kallen didn't stand a chance against lancelot conquista cause she got owned right. Therefore suzaku owns kallen . And in this episode Suzaku is wasted badly so that means kallen being imprisoned and her "mental training" was just what she needed to win over suzaku with a Gurren which manual she hardly read ......Yeah right......

It's all about having the newest Knightmare frame to be better, that's why my comparison to GSD.

It's more like when you are better at piloting the same frame as anyone else you are good but your overall power greatly depends on the frame..

PS I forgot kallen in S1 didn't stand a chance against jeremiah , soooo that means Orange is the best pilot out there since she owned kallen right
Ceazar Vi Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:50   Link #1025
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
But she can pilot I mean who help take out V.V with one arm tied behind her back in with a crappy KF. Unfortunately she was never given a > 6th generation frame to be able to stand a chance against Kallen.

But you got to admit Kallen loses serious leadership points and in Code Geass leadership is the name of the game and Cornelia is the only woman that excels in that area. Heck even Suzaku has lead men during season 2 episode 7/8
So what if she can't lead. She's never given the chance to do so, and she doesn't need to. She's a soldier. She does the killing, she doesn't order it. Also, Suzaku is hardly a leader. "You guys make them surface and I'll catch them." Please, he was barely commanding them.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:52   Link #1026
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Oh wow. That's rather conceited! She didn't display any superior piloting skills there, she merely modified one mech and launched a surprise attack on Siegfried. One doesn't need piloting skills TO PUSH A GODDAMN BUTTON.

Quote:
And if you read my post, you'd see I already admitted that Cornelia beat Kallen when it comes to leadership. But leadership isn't everything in Code Geass, leadership doesn't mean squat if you have nothing to lead. So its not everything.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:53   Link #1027
Aquaman OS

She led people during the Order's jail break in ep 4. They didn't do much but she did better than Suzaku in that regard who got his whole team wiped out.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:53   Link #1028
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Telling ships to keep spamming missiles counts as leadership? Better yet, having a 'wtf' face when you are supposed to be leading counts as leadership?

Kallen leads her own squad in the form of her Zero unit and her autonomous unit during the earlier episodes. Although we mostly see her running around frying KnightMares, she does lead her own squad.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:54   Link #1029
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I
After everything, Suzaku is still just an indecisive self centered guy. Yes, he did think about the consequences of firing fleaja, but he also did chose to carry fleaja and the responsibility of it himself. And what is the last thing he think of at the last moment? Everytime he's faced death it's just some shit call atonement. "I must die to atone for my sins". If he ever thought: "I must die to not misuse fleaja" it would be tolerable.

Also a notice: high tech bombs often don't simply explode due to impact.
I really think you're nitpicking here. Suzuka had no intention of firing the weapon. The only reason he equipped it was to keep it out of the hands of an unstable Nina who is inexperienced at piloting, and to use it as a bargaining chip against LL. Since that was his resolve from the beginning, what difference does it make if he accepted his death as atonement of sins? In his mind fleaja was not going to be misused either way.

But since LL didn't buy his bluff, Suzuka could only rely on Lancelot to try and stop them; the bomb had lost its use intended use. This is where he really messes up and has to share some of the blame for Nunnally's death (everyone else who died doesn't matter j/k) Suzuka never thought he would be placed in a situation where the "live on" Geass would be activated; he didn't think there'd be a situation where Kallen wouild escape, acquire the Gurren and totally dominate him.

In fact, because Suzuka solemnly accepts his death near the end, it seems like he just plain forgot about that "curse". That carelessness is what makes him casually, but not morally, responsible for Nunnally's death.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:56   Link #1030
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
She didn't display any superior piloting skills there, she merely modified one mech and launched a surprise attack on Siegfried. One doesn't need piloting skills TO PUSH A GODDAMN BUTTON.
Cornelia may not be a superior devicer, but she seems to have h4x McGuyver powers. Seriously, how exactly did she slap all those guns onto that Akatsuki with ONE GOOD ARM?!

Unless that arm strapped to her waist has more than just an explosive in it (she's shown escaping using some explosive or something that came out of that arm near the end of episode 18, I think), and contains some weird sort of universal swiss-army knife + powered crane.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 20:59   Link #1031
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
1. History by proxy is still history. It ruined her mother's life and Suzaku was about to do the same to her. Your second line is, quite frankly, stupid.
2. She talked about Lelouch with Nunnally, not Suzaku. Your argument holds no water.
3. She was sad because her life was about to end without having the chance to help her friends, who by all rights had come to free her and Japan.
4. It's just a symbol. Don't be foolish.
MMM a kallen blind fan. It's ok let's leave it at that. No point in arguing.

1. That's a girly excuse. Not a soldier way of thinking.
2. What I meant is that she knows Nunally knows both and he is her knight so he wasn't gonna kill her
4. Err I knew, It was just a joke though. Going all rambo and stuff
Old 2008-08-11, 20:59   Link #1032
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
You know, that's a very relative thing. Cornelia didn't stand a chance against THE GUREN not kallen, and all those "excellent pilots" also known as rounds might have a little better skill than other average pilots, like let's say lelouch or Tamaki , but whenever they own others has been ALWAYS ala Gundam Seed.

Let me put an example and then you tell me if you are right. Gino and Anya didn't stand a chance against the guren upgrade when they fought, so accrording to you kallen pawns everyone, but then again kallen didn't stand a chance against lancelot conquista cause she got owned right. Therefore suzaku owns kallen . And in this episode Suzaku is wasted badly so that means kallen being imprisoned and her "mental training" was just what she needed to win over suzaku with a Gurren which manual she hardly read ......Yeah right......

It's all about having the newest Knightmare frame to be better, that's why my comparison to GSD.

It's more like when you are better at piloting the same frame as anyone else you are good but your overall power greatly depends on the frame..

PS I forgot kallen in S1 didn't stand a chance against jeremiah , soooo that means Orange is the best pilot out there since she owned kallen right
Way to assume things about me. Think you can get off your high horse for a moment, pull the stick out of your ass, and listen?

I didn't say Kallen pwns everything, I said she was on par with members of the Rounds. And she didn't "defeat" them as the battle never ended at that point. So far, she's only defeated one Rounds member: Luciano. As for the Guren SEITEN, take into account how she said "Everything's still basically the same." She only needed a brief read through it to find the new stuff.

And yes, the superior machine does help, but did I ever say otherwise? If I did, please show me where.

Jeremiah can't even count as he has an unnatural advantage: he controls the Siegfriend and Sutherland Seig through thought. But that was a severely superior machine in the first place.

Next time, read my post before you open your mouth and stick your foot into it.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:01   Link #1033
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
And don't act like just because law exists it has to be followed, otherwise you're Suzaku. Britannia is an invader that conquered japan and stripped it of its rights. The people have every reason to give them the proverbial middle finger.

1. History by proxy is still history. It ruined her mother's life and Suzaku was about to do the same to her. Your second line is, quite frankly, stupid.
2. She talked about Lelouch with Nunnally, not Suzaku. Your argument holds no water.
3. She was sad because her life was about to end without having the chance to help her friends, who by all rights had come to free her and Japan.
4. It's just a symbol. Don't be foolish.

Yes I am a law abiding citizen and there are lawful ways to dispute laws and get them changed if you don't like them other than being an archanist and blowing stuff up, but I guess she had to play to her strenghts and blowing stuff up is one of them.

You're saying that even the Brittiannian's should accept what she's done as ok
and so until Lulu becomes the new Emperor of brittiania and order's to forgive her transgressions or brittiania ceases to exist she still going to be a state that will take her head
Old 2008-08-11, 21:03   Link #1034
sikvod00

Quote:
Way to assume things about me. Think you can get off your high horse for a moment, pull the stick out of your ass, and listen?
That's impossible. Everyone has a stick in their ass when discussing Code Geass. It's just that some are longer than others. XD
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:06   Link #1035
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Telling ships to keep spamming missiles counts as leadership? Better yet, having a 'wtf' face when you are supposed to be leading counts as leadership?

Kallen leads her own squad in the form of her Zero unit and her autonomous unit during the earlier episodes. Although we mostly see her running around frying KnightMares, she does lead her own squad.
Yup keep spamming missiles counts

Kallen lead her own squad zero unit what episode was that?

It was always just her Protecting Zero's Unit
Old 2008-08-11, 21:07   Link #1036
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Yup keep spamming missiles counts

Kallen lead her own squad zero unit what episode was that?

It was always just her Protecting Zero's Unit
No it wasn't. Zero officially assigned her as the leader of Zero Unit, which would act as a personal honor guard, among other things.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:08   Link #1037
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Yes I am a law abiding citizen and there are lawful ways to dispute laws and get them changed if you don't like them other than being an archanist and blowing stuff up, but I guess she had to play to her strenghts and blowing stuff up is one of them.
This isn't a democracy. This is Britannia. Numbers are scum. That's policy set by the Emperor himself. You don't change the laws in monarchies unless you remove the leader.

Quote:
You're saying that even the Brittiannian's should accept what she's done as ok
and so until Lulu becomes the new Emperor of brittiania and order's to forgive her transgressions or brittiania ceases to exist she still going to be a state that will take her head
In your original post you say everyone is guilty of war crimes, yet now you focus on Kallen as if Britannia has suddenly done no wrong. Yes, she is a criminal in their eyes. So what? This is war. The winner determines what is right.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:09   Link #1038
Ceazar Vi Brittania
The power of the king

Quote:

I didn't say Kallen pwns everything, I said she was on par with members of the Rounds. And she didn't "defeat" them as the battle never ended at that point. So far, she's only defeated one Rounds member: Luciano. As for the Guren SEITEN, take into account how she said "Everything's still basically the same." She only needed a brief read through it to find the new stuff.

And yes, the superior machine does help, but did I ever say otherwise? If I did, please show me where.

Jeremiah can't even count as he has an unnatural advantage: he controls the Siegfriend and Sutherland Seig through thought. But that was a severely superior machine in the first place.

Next time, read my post before you open your mouth and stick your foot into it.
XDDD. Ok relax prick.
Maybe you didn't read your post. I was making the examples about kallen in order to make a point " The better machine always wins", but she was only made as an example.
You said " Cornelia didn't stand a chance against kallen" and all that I said was to prove that's just "NOT" true since cornelia was always fighting against with a superior machine, just like noone could defeat lancelot.
So whatever is that you think I "assume" well was only made as an example in a sarcastic comparison to GSD.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:12   Link #1039
EternalMelody
Panzergeist

Quote:
Leadership is to a certain extent the name of the game, but is not everything. Lelouch's exceptional leadership was shown vulnerable when confronted with super h4x Suzaku on Lancelot, practically rendering Lelouch's plans and tactics useless.
As a note, Suzaku does not have leadership skills and is not even a leader, yet he still manages to ruin a lot of Lelouch's plans solely relying on h4x piloting skills. Leadership is important, but so does h4x piloting skills.

The Sword Knight, Signum. I am the soul,
and the fiery demonic sword is Lævateinn

EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:12   Link #1040
prototype_sky

Quote:
No it wasn't. Zero officially assigned her as the leader of Zero Unit, which would act as a personal honor guard, among other things.
In the entire show we've never seen another unit besides her's protect Zero.

Case and point were the hell was her unit when Anya/Bradley/Valkeries were busying raping Lulu.