AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 16:00   Link #2061
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Hahaha hahhh touya touya....XD I don't know what to say anymore. I'm like a broken record now. All I know is all hell will break loose if this show ended up happily ever after with Yuki and Touya back together. There is no way I'll stand up for a fairytale ending. I want a conclusion filled with despair for Touya.

TouyaxAloneandMiserable end FTW.

Nobody paid attention to the twist that Menou is really just an image and the real talent is that unknown girl that's always beside her. That's the first surprise white album ever gave me.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 17:36   Link #2062
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
She chuckled a bit at Eiji's comment. Seems unusual since we never see her smile or laugh.
ok so thats what it was but it seems odd all Eiji said was why did you stop and make sure you dont change the arrangement i find it odd she would chuckle at such a comment.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:46   Link #2063
AbSoLuTeMiKe
Oishi desu yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Hahaha hahhh touya touya....XD I don't know what to say anymore. I'm like a broken record now. All I know is all hell will break loose if this show ended up happily ever after with Yuki and Touya back together. There is no way I'll stand up for a fairytale ending. I want a conclusion filled with despair for Touya.

TouyaxAloneandMiserable end FTW.

Nobody paid attention to the twist that Menou is really just an image and the real talent is that unknown girl that's always beside her. That's the first surprise white album ever gave me.
I caught it, also whats this about her and Touya being childhood friends or some ish?
AbSoLuTeMiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 18:50   Link #2064
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
ok so thats what it was but it seems odd all Eiji said was why did you stop and make sure you dont change the arrangement i find it odd she would chuckle at such a comment.
You missed the part where he said that it was originally conceived as a pop song. He was essentially teasing Yuki, and Yayoi found it funny.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:53   Link #2065
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSoLuTeMiKe View Post
I caught it, also whats this about her and Touya being childhood friends or some ish?
Everyone caught that fact a while ago.

And we will have to wait to find out about Menou & Touya's past. That is, if we find out at all. But, I'm sure we will, so far there haven't been any loose ends, although most of them fray up soon after.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:56   Link #2066
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And we will have to wait to find out about Menou & Touya's past. That is, if we find out at all. But, I'm sure we will, so far there haven't been any loose ends, although most of them fray up soon after.
Well it seems like each girl is getting their spotlight now. This weeks episode was pretty much Haruka and Mana's, so it shouldn't be long until it's Menou's. Especially after her few scenes from this episode.
Old 2009-11-30, 21:30   Link #2067
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
[Yayoi] chuckled a bit at Eiji's comment. Seems unusual since we never see her smile or laugh.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't think that was a laugh. I thought it was a yawn, like Touya's yawn when he was watching Rina practice, and was put there to remind us of the connection between Touya and Yayoi, and maybe of the fact they didn't get much sleep.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-30 at 21:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 22:05   Link #2068
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think she was just bored since Yuki was playing the song so slowly.
Old 2009-12-01, 00:01   Link #2069
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Mana or Rina should be next on his list then.
Mana probably won't happen. But Rina, or especially Menou is very plausible in the next few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Fascinating points, but by allowing himself to be "taken advantage of" by Yayoi or Rina or the OL or Haruka, he is driving stakes into Yuki's heart. Not good. He should either tell her clearly it's over or make more efforts to be with her alone.

And I don't see anyone taking advantage of him against his will except maybe Yayoi, and even then, he seems pretty enthusiastic about things. Except for Yayoi, who is betraying her employer, I don't actually blame any of the girls at all. They want what they want. He, however, has a supposed girl friend whom he is betraying at every step by his moral weakness. He never thinks of other people except at the moment they are in front of him and they become his goddess.

I have no real idea how this will all end, but your suggestion seems a pretty likely one. Poor Yuki. My notion is that he was tired of Yuki from the start and his dream about her getting further away (in ep1) was his permission to himself to be as unfaithful as he wanted.
Well it is and isn't against his will at the same time if that makes sense? He wants to make these girls happy, but he himself is not happy doing what he is doing. Like that one scene 2-3 episodes ago where he first kisses Rina and on the screen pops up that he wants someone to stop him from what he was about to do.

With Haruka, it is first clearly shown that he didn't want to do anything. But then once again, he felt he had to appease or satisfy another girl because he felt that he took advantage of her.

The only one that might go against this is Yayoi. But my explanation for it is that she is like the doll that he is taking out his emotional rage on since he can't have Yuki. Yayoi pretty much forced herself onto him multiple times. While he might be getting the physical satisfaction from her though, he is not getting the emotional. I remember a scene when he is kissing Yuki and is actually looking at Yayoi at the same time as if to say this the relationship he is in, and that she means nothing to him.

Probably also explains why he was ready to jump on the relationship with Misaki earlier on before Misaki ended up rejecting him... I think Touya may actually genuinely like her as a person, and once he was offered a way to break off into another relationship that wasn't purely physical... He was all for it, and was shot down. Hence, he has been basically spiraling down ever since.

All the meanwhile Yuki wants Touya to be waiting there at the finish line this whole time and innocently thought he'd be okay doing it. Now her to dismay, she knows this is not the case. Touya again is just too nice (And also probably still in love with her though he no longer has a reason to be I feel) to really take a stance against her position like "It's me or the career," or "This relationship is finished."

His inability to break off any relationship or resist unwanted advances is why he's pushover/nice guy. But in the end, that is why he is flawed, and is as you say, is driving stakes into Yuki's heart (And all the girls around him) because he can't say the simple word "no."
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 02:15   Link #2070
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't think that was a laugh. I thought it was a yawn, like Touya's yawn when he was watching Rina practice, and was put there to remind us of the connection between Touya and Yayoi, and maybe of the fact they didn't get much sleep.
It certainly didn't look like a yawn to me. Her mouth was closed the whole time. Plus we already know Yayoi is an insomniac, there was no need to reiterate that here. It resembled the type of giggle that women would do in secret when no one was looking.

Quote:
Rina, or especially Menou is very plausible in the next few episodes.
Rina maybe, but Menou's chances look slim, especially after she waited for him and he was a no-show. She's gotten a lot more active recently though, so that may change.
Old 2009-12-01, 02:55   Link #2071
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
It certainly didn't look like a yawn to me. Her mouth was closed the whole time.... It resembled the type of giggle that women would do in secret when no one was looking....
I just took another look, and the fairly rough drawing looks more like a burp than anything, lol. I'll still go with a suppressed yawn (hand over closed mouth), but a suppressed laugh is possible.

I wish I knew what Yayoi's attitude to Yuki really is. I think she likes her well enough and is actually trying to help her career, despite what she's doing with Touya. Maybe that's why I felt a laugh was out of character, although it could represent a beginning of Yayoi turning against Yuki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 04:30   Link #2072
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Rina maybe, but Menou's chances look slim, especially after she waited for him and he was a no-show. She's gotten a lot more active recently though, so that may change.
Or she might make a move on Misaki.

Quote:
although it could represent a beginning of Yayoi turning against Yuki.
Hmm, i'd say it represents how open she can be with Yuki, i mean it's about time. Still it would seem a little bit unprofessional, and that's not what Yayoi is.
Old 2009-12-01, 09:30   Link #2073
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I see also a rather different scenario too. It migh or migh not happen. Rina says goodbye to Touya and forfeits the fight saying she's only one of his godesses and later a guilt-ridden Touya confesses to him and in the end saying something big like:
"You aren't one of my godesses. You're my one and true godess"
Or anything fluffy...well, we'll see what happens, but it's going to be either:
-Yuki X Touya: no matter what shit happened they forgive each other(especially Yuki) and get back together. The godesses are backing up and though with little pain they give it up. Rina experienced love and reaches even greater heights of stardom. (30% chance)
- Rina X Touya: Yuki is putting up a fight finnally, but forfeiting in the end as being unable to cause pain to Rina and they're making up. Perhaps it migh include a more twisted drama(like the one I previously explained). But Yuki beats Rina in popularity in the end, making it as a kind of consolidation price.(30% chance)
-No-one X Touya: Touya learns the consequences of his own stupidity.(sorrily just a 15% chance)
-Anything in-beetween:25% chance

That's my prediction.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:56   Link #2074
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
"You aren't one of my godesses. You're my one and true godess"
LMFAO. That line sounds too raunchy to happen, to Rina especially.

Quote:
-No-one X Touya: Touya learns the consequences of his own stupidity.(sorrily just a 15% chance)

That's my prediction.
Sorry i know you have your own opinion but how is Touya getting a karma the most least likely ending?? The possibility of it happening is 90%. 90% BAD END. 9% happy ending of whatever sorts. And 1% non-ending.

What comes around goes around, and it's slowly but surely trying to catch up with Touya as episodes go by. The bad ending waiting for Touya is what's making this show stand up. It's not just going to end normally, and if by some reason it did then hooboy what a letdown. I will ever regret watching this show. But ya know I firmly believe there's gonna be a bad end and that's what's going to make this show one of a kind.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:05   Link #2075
DummyInc

touya is such an ass who go around laying any girls
Old 2009-12-02, 03:54   Link #2076
faiz blaster

So, I take it that is not just me who is making parallels between Touya and Makoto of School Days....
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 04:26   Link #2077
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyInc View Post
touya is such an ass who go around laying any girls
It's not like he's forcing himself on them. They're the ones asking to do it.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:07   Link #2078
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
True, but that just doesn't take away the silliness of Touya. I mean, he's basically the most wishy washy, nilly willy, lacking any sense of responsibility for a male lead character I've probably ever watched in a show like this. Usually, male leads have trouble over two or maybe three girls. Now this guy has problems with about a dozen of them, not to mention getting irreconcilably connected in a political mess regarding the talent agencies . Yes, though, the girls' own twisted uses for Touya, basically making him a manwhore is not really helping things though.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 05:54   Link #2079
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Red face

Quote:
Err, well they're not really the most emotionally-stable cast around, and everyone seems to have these little psychoses just waiting to come out or be exploited. Usually through physical means. Which seems like a dream come true for the vacillating male lead who at this point STILL doesn't have a clue, yet gleefully jumps at the chance for physical gratification, all the while using an excuse that makes sense only to himself.

And yes, as a player of the game, it looks like Rina and Mana are next (the horror). If I remember right, Rina's EV comes on the eve of the concert.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:56   Link #2080
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just brought that up because the amount of people that hate on Touya because he's doing such a thing, when it's not even his 100% fault. Both are to blame for what's happened.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen