AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 13:26   Link #1661
JRendell
Manga Addict

Holy JitterJutters Batman! Here I was thinking I was bad for using a large amount of gradient maps.

That's a nice tutorial ranran, will give it a shot when I get my hands on PS again. Thanks.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 13:55   Link #1662
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Holy JitterJutters Batman! Here I was thinking I was bad for using a large amount of gradient maps.

That's a nice tutorial ranran, will give it a shot when I get my hands on PS again. Thanks.
Lol! I'm a Gradient Maps whore

And no problem~
Old 2012-05-05, 17:21   Link #1663
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

Using avisynth scripts to open 10-bit files and I still get nothing but gray images in virtualdub.
Branduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 20:10   Link #1664
Seitsuki
Onee!

Asking this here because it seems like a design related question.

For a pic like this, is that a texture used under the colour? Or some sort of brush?

Same with this; the grass at the bottom was a brush right? Also would the light be likely to be a gradient, or simply painted on?

*still clueless about graphics*
Old 2012-05-21, 20:43   Link #1665
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Asking this here because it seems like a design related question.

For a pic like this, is that a texture used under the colour? Or some sort of brush?

Same with this; the grass at the bottom was a brush right? Also would the light be likely to be a gradient, or simply painted on?

*still clueless about graphics*
Looks like, for the first one, there was a texture layer added above the colors and set to a specific blending mode. (probably multiply)

For the second one, the grass does look like it was drawn with a brush. The lighting could have been achieved with either a gradient or airbrushing, it's most likely a gradient though.

Sorry if I didn't explain that very well.
Old 2012-05-21, 22:17   Link #1666
Seitsuki
Onee!

Eh.. I think I kinda get it?..

About how long do you have to spend with programs like PS before you get a decent idea of how to use it? ^^;;
Old 2012-05-22, 08:31   Link #1667
JRendell
Manga Addict

Spend some time doing some tutorials, as they'll introduce you to different tools and tricks. Most of the time however, it's about experimenting on your own.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 03:32   Link #1668
Seitsuki
Onee!

Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of texture (if any), brush or effects were used to create this sort of effect?

And can anyone point me to any decent tutorials? The ones I've found are all kinda.. less than easy to understand..
Old 2012-05-24, 19:07   Link #1669
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of texture (if any), brush or effects were used to create this sort of effect?

And can anyone point me to any decent tutorials? The ones I've found are all kinda.. less than easy to understand..
On the bottom corner, it says "illustrated" so I'm guessing that this was actually something that a person painted (DP or digital painting) rather than a specific texture.

As for good tutorials, start off with ones teaching the fundamentals. The best one I've found so far is this one. It gives good explanations of the elements of a sig and it has fantastic examples too so give it a go
Old 2012-05-24, 23:28   Link #1670
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This really bugs me. How do you removed "noises" from a picture? What is a noise actually?I'm using GIMP.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:22   Link #1671
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
I was hoping if someone could help with this problem: Every image-uploader I have tried decreases the quality of my render. Which really is too bad ;(
Here's the image + psd:
Spoiler for Image:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pn4h5tl83jara4v

EDIT
extra info: I saved it as PNG 24 (interlaced). Is there anything I am doing wrong? The render looks just fine in the psd file D:

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:57   Link #1672
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
I was hoping if someone could help with this problem: Every image-uploader I have tried decreases the quality of my render. Which really is too bad ;(
Here's the image + psd:

-snip-

EDIT
extra info: I saved it as PNG 24 (interlaced). Is there anything I am doing wrong? The render looks just fine in the psd file D:
I guess that's because the filesize of the render is over 4MB. A lot of image uploaders like to reduce quality to decrese file size. Hm, but why do you need to upload it to the internet, anyway?

If you really need to upload it to the internet, then I'd recommend using Dropbox to do so. It might take a while to sync due to the large file size, but there'll be no decrease in quality. For example, how's this?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:23   Link #1673
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

That looks much better! (still not like the psd version, but WAYYY BETTER)
I did try it with a smaller sized image (1.6 mb) and still looked like crap.

I might consider using dropbox, thanks.

(the render was done for someone else, not for personal use)

Random info:

Old 2012-05-28, 17:34   Link #1674
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
That looks much better! (still not like the psd version, but WAYYY BETTER)
I did try it with a smaller sized image (1.6 mb) and still looked like crap.

I might consider using dropbox, thanks.

(the render was done for someone else, not for personal use)
No problem ~

Ah, right. You could always keep it as a .psd and just use the likes of mediafire (or even Dropbox ) to share it with them.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:43   Link #1675
Eragon
Still Alive

Can someone tell me how to import the frames that I captured in VirtualDub to Photoshop CS5? I'm trying to make an animated avatar and I'm new to Photoshop.

P.S. I'm following one of the tutorials that's here on animesuki, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=715538 Apparently felix is using Image-Ready. But Image Ready doesn't come with CS5 does it?
Old 2012-05-30, 09:01   Link #1676
Ray
Garnet

It doesn't, no.

I'm assuming you know how to open the video files in VirtualDub correctly, yes? If so, select the segment of the video by using the 'Mark In' and 'Mark Out' buttons. Then, export it as an 'Image Sequence'. Then, open the folder of images in CS5 as a single image (I'm afraid I don't remember how to do this). After that's done, select the 'Make Frames from Layers' option in the Animation window.

But, I've found that importing the video file directly into CS5 nets much better results.

What I do is as follows: File -> Import -> Video frames as layers.. -> Select a video (has to be either .MOV, .AVI, .MPG, .MPEG4, or .MP4) and choose the 'Selected Frame Only' option. Then, open your video file as you would to watch it, and note the approximate position of the scene you want, and then locate the scene in CS5, then use SHIFT + click to select a grey area on the bar that will be converted into frames and layers. The loading times maybe a little.. long.. though. >_>

Anyway, I hope all this helps.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:21   Link #1677
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It doesn't, no.

I'm assuming you know how to open the video files in VirtualDub correctly, yes? If so, select the segment of the video by using the 'Mark In' and 'Mark Out' buttons. Then, export it as an 'Image Sequence'. Then, open the folder of images in CS5 as a single image (I'm afraid I don't remember how to do this). After that's done, select the 'Make Frames from Layers' option in the Animation window.

But, I've found that importing the video file directly into CS5 nets much better results.

What I do is as follows: File -> Import -> Video frames as layers.. -> Select a video (has to be either .MOV, .AVI, .MPG, .MPEG4, or .MP4) and choose the 'Selected Frame Only' option. Then, open your video file as you would to watch it, and note the approximate position of the scene you want, and then locate the scene in CS5, then use SHIFT + click to select a grey area on the bar that will be converted into frames and layers. The loading times maybe a little.. long.. though. >_>

Anyway, I hope all this helps.
The importing "video frames as layers" requires Quicktime. I downloaded and installed it but it still won't work. Says missing "QTCF.dll"
I guess that's happening 'cause it isn't Quick time pro and hence many options aren't available as well as this file.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:42   Link #1678
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
The importing "video frames as layers" requires Quicktime. I downloaded and installed it but it still won't work. Says missing "QTCF.dll"
I guess that's happening 'cause it isn't Quick time pro and hence many options aren't available as well as this file.
Yeah, it does. I remember downloading it and running to the same error as you. I don't know how I got rid it, though. Hm. Try restarting or repairing Quicktime, because if that doesn't help, I don't know what will.
Old 2012-09-20, 17:49   Link #1679
Kyouria

Sword Art Online - What is this FONT?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

What is the font used for "ASUNA"? ^
Kyouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 09:54   Link #1680
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Are we allowed to post some resource packages too. If not, do we need a special thread for that? I thought posting some resources might help beginners as well

Random info:

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature