AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 08:11   Link #21
Ryusei

This was one of the series i was highly anticipating for 2006, and the first episode didn't delude me at all ^_^ So far it looks awesome, and i'm pretty sure it'll get even better in the future episodes ^_^
I like the narrative pace as well, slow but steady, the episode doesn't give you the impression to end too fast as in other anime.
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 13:19   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There is something here, in terms of plot, character and animation, but the first ep was really extremely slow. I'll watch another couple of episodes to find out if I can slow myself down to this pace, and if the slow development is worth it. It will be worth it if this is the only way they can convey the characters and their mood, but to me it seemed unnecessarily drawn out. Is it like Honey & Clover? Not yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 23:37   Link #23
Crucifix

We just have to wait and see, I read in the forums that this is only 12 episodes? Can somebody confirm this? If so, they really need to dig deep into their creative minds to pull this one off if the pace is like in the first episode.

Maybe it's still too early to judge this series but I'm hoping it will develop into something great.
Crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 15:30   Link #24
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucifix
We just have to wait and see, I read in the forums that this is only 12 episodes? Can somebody confirm this? If so, they really need to dig deep into their creative minds to pull this one off if the pace is like in the first episode.

Maybe it's still too early to judge this series but I'm hoping it will develop into something great.
Animedb and animenfo don't have any information about how many episodes this is, but after first episode, I immediately assumed that this is 26 episode series. Of course this is a kind of slice of life anime, so I'm not expecting any action, they are probably focusing drama and how characters interact, but still 12 episodes seems too little.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:08   Link #25
KJlost

Episode 2 and 3 was surprisingly well done I thought. Dramatic, yet realistic. Rather reminded me of ER-type TV shows.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 23:24   Link #26
Crucifix

@KJLost
You watched the raws? Or is there a fansub release?

Anyways, I was going to get the raw for this series but apparently I was already too late in getting episode 1. Yu Fansubs made an mkv one and I want an avi version, anybody who knows where I can get the episode 1 raw, kindly point me in the right direction.

Yeah I do have to agree, I was kinda shocked to hear it was only going to be 12 episode in the thread so I wanted to know if it is true, this kind of anime need time to develop and need not be rushed.
Old 2006-02-07, 15:33   Link #27
KJlost

Even if it was going to be 12 episodes, I don't think it would feel rushed at all if this anime is going where I think it is going. The character growth would be central to this, but it doesn't necessarily have to take long to develop.

Crucifix: Yeah, I get both my raw and sub from Korean sharing network, so I doubt I can be helpful.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 04:58   Link #28
lavielove

just finished watching the show from ureshii and like it. I was just wondering why there is no "Say Hello to Blackjack"[manga] like animes in this season.I think I found one and feel happy about it.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 05:55   Link #29
Crucifix

Yay! It's nice to know there is a group that released an avi version, I was already messing with aegisub and re-encoded some raws with vbr audio into mp3 audio, I was seriously thinking of trying my hand on subbing it(with help of course from a translator friend). For awhile I was worried nobody will pick it up.
Old 2006-02-11, 19:12   Link #30
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Just watched ep 1 done by ureshii (who did a great job btw). Even before watching this anime, I thought it's something that I would enjoy and I was right. I really like it. First ep shows promise. I love to see more.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 17:37   Link #31
Blaat

Woah episode 2 and 3 were pretty good.
Spoiler:

Can't wait for four
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 17:56   Link #32
naka

episode 3's great...

Spoiler for about ep3...:
naka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 18:06   Link #33
lavielove

haven't watch it yet, tonight I will watch. ^_^ exciting exciting.
Old 2006-02-12, 21:58   Link #34
Ryusei

Lol, after watching episode 2 and 3 i have to say i LOVE this anime, probably one of the very best of the season as i had anticipated. Really hope there are more than 12 episodes in store for us.

Brings back memories too... i've made so much intense research on the JASDF and on the Japan coast guard to inprove my Flight Simulator 2004 flight environment that i can recognize most of the base as if i've been there lol... i actually had it reproduced on my comp (and it's one of the best looking airports in japan, with it's civilian and military runaways in the same places) with the F-15 of the 6th Kokudan and the rescue blackhawks (and the twin engined U-125A you can see in the opening) of the Komatsu Kyunantai flying around
I'm utterly delighted (and now can't wait for Flight Simulator X due this christmas to recreate it again... ^_^)

On a side note:

Spoiler:

On the other hand the scenes involving air operations (expecyally the one involving the Haruna) are incredibly well done, expecially the helicopter movements are fluid and realistic.

Last edited by Ryusei; 2006-02-13 at 00:03.
Old 2006-02-12, 23:30   Link #35
Crucifix

LOL! I know almost zip when it comes to military equipment and such, what I'm after is the story, this is turning out to be really really good. These kinds of anime is quite refreshing, when you need to break away from all those magical/supernatural action pack series, you know that anime can also provide some realistic stories.

Something in this series made me excited to watch the next episode, Since FMP:TSR I haven't anticipated an episode release so eagerly, I simply can't wait to know what happens next.
Old 2006-02-13, 00:12   Link #36
naka

but Ryusei,

Spoiler for Uchida's position:

actually I know zip about military stuff as well >.>
Old 2006-02-13, 00:38   Link #37
Ryusei

In fact that wasn't a criticism to the episode, but a praise, Uchida behaved realistically, he's an idealistic newbie with a lot of dreams and no training and did exactly what he shouldn't have done (a thing that idealistic newbies with no proper training do often in reality, and more then often learn the lesson the hard way, that is if they're still able to learn afterwards).

Anyway don't worry, if there's anything in the show you don't know and feel the compulsive urge to understand, just ask ^_^

A couple things that pleasantly surprised me:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ryusei; 2006-02-13 at 02:10.
Old 2006-02-13, 00:51   Link #38
naka

Ah, sorry I misinterpreted your message the wrong way.

And yea, that last part of ep3 was great drama.
Old 2006-02-13, 05:23   Link #39
Crucifix

@Ryusei

I couldn't agree more with your post. My only complaint is I think they overstretched the drama part with the cars.
Old 2006-02-13, 10:11   Link #40
lavielove

There is one thing to rant about animation after alot of posts already praising about the "Rescue Wings" in here. The character design is too musculine even the girls are having muscles. The girl in the opening really looks like a guy. I'm not saying that this anime is bad, the lighting and drawing is perfect but there is really something wrong about the female characters in the anime.