AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 14:36   Link #161
Warm Mist

I just don't like Manzai humor in general, and Kyoani comedy has always been hit or miss for me. In Nichijou I could laugh a lot in one episode or find their comedy absolutely boring and tripe. But that was a comedy anime, and Fumoffu (their best comedy in my view) was a lot of years ago and a through and through comedy too. Their comedy bits in Clannad or the other Key adaptions never managed to amuse me, and I only started laughing at K-on!'s character focused comedy a bunch of episodes in when I was invested in the characters.

Perhaps this will be good, seeing as how they're going to add a lot of original material, they could bring in Gatoh to write some funny skits or something. But I'm being wary when it comes to expecting greatness in that aspect.
On the other hand, if the animation isn't absolutely delightful and varied (especially varied) I'm going to be really disappointed.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 19:47   Link #162
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
I just don't like Manzai humor in general, and Kyoani comedy has always been hit or miss for me. In Nichijou I could laugh a lot in one episode or find their comedy absolutely boring and tripe. But that was a comedy anime, and Fumoffu (their best comedy in my view) was a lot of years ago and a through and through comedy too. Their comedy bits in Clannad or the other Key adaptions never managed to amuse me, and I only started laughing at K-on!'s character focused comedy a bunch of episodes in when I was invested in the characters.

Perhaps this will be good, seeing as how they're going to add a lot of original material, they could bring in Gatoh to write some funny skits or something. But I'm being wary when it comes to expecting greatness in that aspect.
On the other hand, if the animation isn't absolutely delightful and varied (especially varied) I'm going to be really disappointed.
Yeah I'm in a similar boat, just find manzai comedy a pretty worn concept and don't really find a lot of the gags that find their way into the routines very funny since I'm more into black comedy and straight up satire. For that reason I've always had a pretty tough time with Japanese comedy....even Gintama sometimes fails to work for me and that's IMO one of the more funny comedy anime out there. This means I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Kyoani comedy as well, and it's made many of their shows difficult to watch for me because of their frequent reliance on it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 21:01   Link #163
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wfrom what have been said this is gonna be the second "original" made by kyoani, i do enjoy the comedy they do, but i find funnier their not comedies than the comedies, but munto is something people don remeber(or is this denial), wich by any standarts was awful, this anime looks interesting, since it seems similar in premise to denpa onna and haganai, i just hope for a more tradiotional direction, since nichoijou had some ackward direction specially in music, while i wouldn´t say it was bad, i do find more funny the manga than the anime.
Old 2012-08-02, 02:59   Link #164
suntaclaus

Spoiler for New Yuta & Rikka 's images from official site:

Also, the first promotional video will be streamed on Comic Market 82 (10 - 12 august 2012) at KyoAni Shop's Booth (232).
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 11:00   Link #165
Warm Mist

I don't know if this is a misplaced expectation, but somehow I got the idea from all these scans and glimpses of the source that the MC will have his own share of relapses into delusions (maybe triggered by the heroine or some other event, maybe by his own merit). How true is that? I've always wanted a RomCom MC that just went along with the weirdness, instead of trying to be yet another tsukkomi or make a half-assed attempt at stopping whatever stands out.

You know, like if Isaac and Miria from Baccano were the main couple of a show. One goes along with the other, no need to slip in a Manzai dynamic between characters or to emphasize the "normal guy" attitude that is just there for self-inserting.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 20:14   Link #166
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
I don't know if this is a misplaced expectation, but somehow I got the idea from all these scans and glimpses of the source that the MC will have his own share of relapses into delusions (maybe triggered by the heroine or some other event, maybe by his own merit). How true is that? I've always wanted a RomCom MC that just went along with the weirdness, instead of trying to be yet another tsukkomi or make a half-assed attempt at stopping whatever stands out.

You know, like if Isaac and Miria from Baccano were the main couple of a show. One goes along with the other, no need to slip in a Manzai dynamic between characters or to emphasize the "normal guy" attitude that is just there for self-inserting.
So you're on the chu2byo side eh? From everything I've heard about this series so far, it's probabily safe to assume that male MC is trying his best to play tsukkomi with an emphasis on the word trying.

My impression about the plot is the less extreme version of a former mental patient trying to help out the current one.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 01:24   Link #167
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntaclaus View Post
Also, the first promotional video will be streamed on Comic Market 82 (10 - 12 august 2012) at KyoAni Shop's Booth (232).
Can't wait to see how it looks.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 03:22   Link #168
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Cast (Male lead not announced yet):
(Seiyuu are bolded)

Rikka Takanashi - Maaya Uchida ......(Rea from Sankarea)
Shinka Nibutani - Chinatsu Akasaki ......(Yasuna from Kill Me Baby)
Kumin Tsuyuri - Azumi Asakura ......(Asia from High School DxD)
Sanae Dekomori - Sumire Uesaka ......(Sora from Papakiki)

Broadcast stations: TOKYO MX, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, TV Aichi, BS11, BS-Animax
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 03:27   Link #169
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Yukipyon! Glad to see more 765 idols getting roles. Hopefully she, Nakamura, and Shimoda break into the mainstream so it isn't just Kugimiya and Imai getting all of the roles.

I don't know the others. I see KyoAni is going with relatively unknown talent as they said they would.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 04:24   Link #170
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The anime official twitter @anime_chu_2 released a screenshot from the trailer (the trailer itself will come August 10-12 Comiket).

http://ow.ly/i/PjHl

EDIT: Trailer will be 1 min 45 sec long.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-08-06, 04:31   Link #171
Skane
Anime Snark

Still have no idea what the anime is going to be about, thematically. On the other hand, the advertising has been pretty low-key.

Hmm...
Old 2012-08-06, 04:50   Link #172
Misdreavius

Wow, considering this is a KyoAni show, I went in expecting to not recognize any of the voice actresses by name, and sure enough, all of them are relatively unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Still have no idea what the anime is going to be about, thematically. On the other hand, the advertising has been pretty low-key.

Hmm...
Who cares, there's a cute girl with an eyepatch in it and that's more than enough to get me watching.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:12   Link #173
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Yukipyon! Glad to see more 765 idols getting roles. Hopefully she, Nakamura, and Shimoda break into the mainstream so it isn't just Kugimiya and Imai getting all of the roles.

I don't know the others. I see KyoAni is going with relatively unknown talent as they said they would.
Indeed. It's great that some different voices are being used. It gets a bit tiring to recognize most voices in a show the moment it starts. I can understand the need to use proven talent but a bit of variety is needed from time to time. There's only so many ways ones person voice can change to voice a given character.
Old 2012-08-06, 05:47   Link #174
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Lol the promos become more epic and epic as it goes on. Can't wait til Comiket and see all those trailers.
Old 2012-08-07, 05:54   Link #175
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
The anime official twitter @anime_chu_2 released a screenshot from the trailer (the trailer itself will come August 10-12 Comiket).

http://ow.ly/i/PjHl
Screenshot #2:

http://ow.ly/i/Pwbn

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:58   Link #176
Skane
Anime Snark

They really chose the most vague screenshots didn't they? ...

Old 2012-08-07, 09:45   Link #177
rulfo

Still not getting anything from this. LOL.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:47   Link #178
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

They're really pushing the heroine .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:00   Link #179
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I have a feeling that we'll be getting daily screenshots for the next few days until the trailer, and they'll all be closeups of her face.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-08-07, 10:06   Link #180
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I have a feeling that we'll be getting daily screenshots for the next few days until the trailer, and they'll all be closeups of her face.
I doubt they'll all be Rikka close-ups, but I think we'll get daily stills until the PV goes live on the website. Hyouka had about 9 per PV/episode 1/OP/ED, so that would be next Thursday.

Why Rikka? She's going to have a huge impact on the tone. Focusing on her is a good idea IMO.

Edit: Twitter account confirmed the stills everyday, but did not expressly give a final date. They mentioned 3 days after Comiket (next Wednesday), so that may be a date to find the PV on the website. (If they post a still every day, including the weekend, 9 days would be next Tuesday, giving Wednesday the chance to have the PV up)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-08-07 at 11:21.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen