AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 22:14   Link #101
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I complained about the possibility of something that can happen in the next chapter. And it happened. And that is a non - mad scientist super-powerup, because i'm ok with all the mad scientist type powerups. Orochimaru had nothing to do with sage mode previously. On the other hand we see the pattern mentioned by you in the Jiraiya -> Naruto relation.
You knew nothing about snake sage-mode, and you complained about Kabuto being strong enough to fight Itachi and Sasuke at the same time, as if it were completely implausible because they both easily defeated Orochimaru.

Quote:
Did we see Orochimaru trying to learn snake sage mode, learning it to a degree? I never saw that, the whole snake sage thing was introduced just now.
Did we see Jiraiya trying to learn sage mode before he just appeared with it? No, and why do we need to? It was a surprise for the readers of a brand-new ability. I really don't see whats wrong with snake sage mode, it isn't in anyway implausible for the snakes to have such an ability, nor is it implausible for Kabuto to have the ability to learn it. Kabuto has also been off-camera for a good while after Orochimaru's defeat, so the time permits it as well.

Quote:
And BTW Kabuto was never meant to be Orochimaru's pupil, he was his number one servant.
You don't have to formally be someone's pupil to learn from them; and in this very chapter, Kabuto called Orochimaru his mentor :/

Quote:
Here are those on the first page:
1 2 3 4 5
And i don't want to continue on the 2nd page...
And not one of these posts really complains about the plausibility of Kabuto becoming strong, those are mostly little jabs about not getting earlier hints on the snake sage-mode. My post is referring to the lack of people complaining about the plausibility of Kabuto becoming strong; an idea which your original post I responded to attempts to challenge. I can see now why you probably thought I was only specifically referring to his sage mode though, because of the second sentence; just a misunderstanding then.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2012-03-21 at 22:43.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 22:31   Link #102
Eragon
Still Alive

Ohhh, "Snake Sage Mode", what do we have next Slug Sage or, or, Dog Sage or Monkey sage???
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Kabuto powering up - he's been with Oro for long enough for me to expect it, but atleast be original about it(the power up) and atleast give him more screen time(or panel time) to explain his power up.
I can see why some people are complaining about this. I mean it wouldn't have killed kishi to make an extra chapter about Kabuto prior to this fight.

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-03-22 at 01:42.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 23:16   Link #103
SeanQ

So...*confused* Kabuto doesn't have to stand still to absorb nature or whatever?...and snake island must be really out in the open if Kabuto could wander the narutoverse and find it ... mmm
Sasuke: "I found the hawk nest, and trained under the hawk sage, I can enter hawk sage mode now!"
Old 2012-03-21, 23:16   Link #104
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
once sage mode was introduced, it was planted into the heads that there must be at least 3 famous places, if toad is one, then slug and snake must be the other.

why would one of the famous 3 be the only one lucky enough to get special training, he only found the place because he traveled. the only issue i have with kabuto becoming a sage is when did he have the time to do it. from when sasuke left to now. seems like a short time to find a place, train, master, bail. guess you can say, the time frame doesnt add up to me, but im sure someone will explain it in more depth.
Old 2012-03-21, 23:55   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Isn't it common in Japan for children to take the mothers maiden name? I know that if the wife is higher station the husband may take his wife's name.
It's a bit more to it. It depends on which side of is being married into. When you get married, you're kinda like being adopted into the family.

It's like in my parents case, my father married into my mothers family, because my dad was an orphan, but I won't get into that orphans were common back in the 50's... anyway, so because he married into the family, he took on my mother's family name. So my last name is technically my mother's last name due to marital circumstances... um, does that make sense?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 00:37   Link #106
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If you read my post i didn't complain about the mad scientist stuff, i complained about sage mode. But we can also complain about the scientist stuff: why is it that at everything where Orochimaru failed Kabuto has succeeded. Wasn't Orochimaru called the genius? So if a genius fails so badly in both science and obtaining sage mode (where even Jiraiya succeeded) then why is it that Kabuto suddenly becomes so great that he can actually succeed in everything in a very short time where Orochimaru failed and it took him many years to fail.
well, you're not mentioning the fact that kabuto has surgically enhanced his body with orochimaru's body so he basically is him and the 'white snake'. also, kabuto knew almost everything orochimaru did and he was able to learn from orochimaru's missteps. for instance, he learned that if he was going to fight powerful sharingan users, he needed to learn a very powerful technique. something orochimaru didn't know. something like... snake sage mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
the only issue i have with kabuto becoming a sage is when did he have the time to do it. from when sasuke left to now. seems like a short time to find a place, train, master, bail. guess you can say, the time frame doesnt add up to me, but im sure someone will explain it in more depth.
kabuto had more time to learn sage mode than naruto. he's also smarter than naruto so he probably already knew a lot about nature energy.

orochi taught sasuke kirin which is gathering nature energy in lightning form. its not that far off from gathering nature energy for sage mode. it can be construed as a hint that orochi knew the basics of this mode. even if it's an unplanned retcon, which I assume it is, it makes sense.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 00:44   Link #107
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
orochi taught sasuke kirin which is gathering nature energy in lightning form. its not that far off from gathering nature energy for sage mode.
Don't think Orochi taught him Kirin...
Old 2012-03-22, 00:49   Link #108
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's a bit more to it. It depends on which side of is being married into. When you get married, you're kinda like being adopted into the family.

It's like in my parents case, my father married into my mothers family, because my dad was an orphan, but I won't get into that orphans were common back in the 50's... anyway, so because he married into the family, he took on my mother's family name. So my last name is technically my mother's last name due to marital circumstances... um, does that make sense?
It does. Thanks for the information.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 00:50   Link #109
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Don't think Orochi taught him Kirin...
i think he did. at the end of the Sasuke and Sai arc, Sasuke attempts to use it on Team 7 and orochi stops him from doing so and they all disappear. this was after sasuke's 3 year long training session with oro so I believe it is implied. it's a jutsu orochi taught him that was supposedly good enough to kill itachi which was their plan
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 01:38   Link #110
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why isn't Naruto's hair red again if all Uzumaki have red hair?

Will we see Slug Sage mode?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 02:08   Link #111
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think he did. at the end of the Sasuke and Sai arc, Sasuke attempts to use it on Team 7 and orochi stops him from doing so and they all disappear. this was after sasuke's 3 year long training session with oro so I believe it is implied. it's a jutsu orochi taught him that was supposedly good enough to kill itachi which was their plan
Nope, unless Orochimaru nature manipulation was lightning as well, would be pretty bs for him to be able to teach him that. Sasuke developed it on his own ...
Old 2012-03-22, 02:21   Link #112
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
It does. Thanks for the information.
Np, I know Japanese, well asian culture in general is very different in comparison to western so you won't know these things until you ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why isn't Naruto's hair red again if all Uzumaki have red hair?

I think it's because the father wasn't an Uzumaki. I think you maintain traits as long as you marry within the clan. I mean just look at all the Uchihas and Hyuugas they all have the same traits because they mostly marry within the clan.
Old 2012-03-22, 02:28   Link #113
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Now that I reread the chapter I noticed that Kabutos sage mode isn't on Naruto's level yet...
Kabuto appearance changes to more snake/dragon like while Naruto only eyes change and the lines around his eyes appear.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 02:30   Link #114
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

DO WANT. But i wish that not just Tsunade, but Sakura is also capable on doing it.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 02:45   Link #115
SeanQ

what's the difference between snake and toad sage mode...they're both pulling energy from nature...so why does one turn into a snake and the other toad o.o
Old 2012-03-22, 03:24   Link #116
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
what's the difference between snake and toad sage mode...they're both pulling energy from nature...so why does one turn into a snake and the other toad o.o
I think the only difference is the contract animal you're with. Probably because he's with snakes, that he ended up with a snake like appearance.

You can just chuck it up to it being a loophole where Kishi didn't really think that deep into it.
Old 2012-03-22, 04:20   Link #117
HasuMasu
*Artist

Too much Susanoo, missing Chidori.

But hey, why use something less powerful when you have better options.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 04:31   Link #118
lucasd

First of all, it seems you are forgetting that Kabuto is a freaking genius.
It was said many times in the manga, even by Orochimaru, who said that many things would not be possible without Kabuto.
But when Orochimaru was alive, Kabuto had a great awe for him and was in his shadow, not striving very hard to surpass him. Though even before time-skip he was a medical ninja with the level of Tsunade, far better than Oro...

After Orochimaru death, he shown that he is very capable to be stronger than orochimaru, look for example on the impure world resurrection and how vastly it was improved.

And about sage techniqes the end-result and style will be completly different depending on the school (you know in real life there are many martial arts, and all world on kicking and punching)...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 05:08   Link #119
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Now that I reread the chapter I noticed that Kabutos sage mode isn't on Naruto's level yet...
Kabuto appearance changes to more snake/dragon like while Naruto only eyes change and the lines around his eyes appear.
Maybe Jugo’s curse mark power which Kabuto has is stopping Kabuto from turning to stone since Jugo’s curse mark absorbs nature energy and instead of turning to stone it makes Jugo aggressive.

So in theory Kabuto wouldn’t have to master controlling sage mode with the power of the curse mark in him.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 06:44   Link #120
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So let me see if I understand this correctly. The original sage dood that fauth the super beast long ago, had 9 sage modes?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion