AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 16:48   Link #4061
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You know what this show needs right?

Random girl stabs Rito for [insert deranged yandere reason here]. Mea is the only one present. Everyone else shows up, sees Mea covered in Rito's blood. Rito = Coma. The girls flip on Mea.

What? At least have Rito get stabbed and not as a joke. The guy has like 50 girls (and guys while genderbendered) after him and he doesn't get stabbed by one even once? What madness is this!?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 16:50   Link #4062
ImperialFlameGod8190

well thats true she's like Yami was when she was first introduced and yea i think a Rin chapter is coming soon and if Saki finds out about Zastin's true place it will make this very fun
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 16:54   Link #4063
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
You may never know. With Nemesis making an appearance soon, it'll probably put Rito in a more dangerous situation considering that he's quite close with both Yami and Mea. She'll likely want to meet the person both Yami and Mea have an interest in, and see if he'll be a threat to her.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:02   Link #4064
ImperialFlameGod8190

honestly thats probably what this manga needs
Old 2012-06-03, 17:07   Link #4065
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Seeing each girl react to Rito getting hurt or close to death (in a non comical sense) will definitely be interesting to see.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-03 at 17:35.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:13   Link #4066
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Let's be honest, every battle this manga has seen has either turned comical/fanservice or there was never any threat at all. We've never seen (as you said) the girls react to Rito actually in a dangerous condition or getting hurt. I think that would do wonders for the manga, showing the side of the girls we've never seen.

Who knows, maybe Lala could snap, go berserk...or the opposite break down. Yami could show pure emotions (we've seen little of her showing pure and strong emotions really...). Momo and Nana, how would they react? What about Mikan? Would she go all Onii-chan! and make us all DDDD'AAAAAWWWWW!?

I'd love to see this...
(not because I want Rito to really get hurt, there's a ton of other MCs I'd like hurt before him...I just want to see that side of them)
Old 2012-06-03, 17:17   Link #4067
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Momo would definitely go on a bloody rampage if Rito so much has got scratched or beaten up by anyone. She's just so awesome! God I love her!
Old 2012-06-03, 17:19   Link #4068
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Momo would definitely go on a bloody rampage if Rito so much as got scratched or beaten up by anyway. She's just so awesome! God I love her!
Yea, I can see that. I wonder how Mea would act actually.

TBH the ones who's reaction I most want to see are Lala, Momo, Mikan, Run, Yami and Mea...
Old 2012-06-03, 17:24   Link #4069
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea, I can see that. I wonder how Mea would act actually.

TBH the ones who's reaction I most want to see are Lala, Momo, Mikan, Run, Yami and Mea...
Mea should be shocked while at the same time hesitant because of her feelings of interest for Rito. She has a strong interest in him, but doesn't see him as a desire of protection at the moment like the way Momo does for him.

Lala and Run will be interesting to see because they're generally happy and friendly all the time, and seeing them angered will definitely add spice to their personality that we're used too. Yami will definitely get hurt, but will be tsun about it. That's just my guess.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:29   Link #4070
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Lala and Run will be interesting to see because they're generally happy and friendly all the time, and seeing them angered will definitely add spice to their personality that we're used too.
Ah but would they get angry and go berserk?
Personally I think that if Rito REALLY got hurt, Lala would probably break down. The super happy and cheerful ones have the biggest tendency to go super depressed when very bad things happen.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:32   Link #4071
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Seeing the each girl react to Rito getting hurt or close to death (in a non comical sense) will definitely be interesting to see.
You know thats not something I'd really wish to happen upon most MC's even the annoying or dislikable ones but I do wish some series actually took this step.
Most of the time the MC is put in danger and seems like he's hurt but gets away unscathed cause of something getting in the way.
One such example would be Pajama no Kanojo, expect there it actually did go further than most other stories as the lad didn't escape unhurt(I'm not talking about the beating but the actual knife attack)
Which btw I'll add, I actually really liked that moment in Pajama no Kanojo, everything from the girls reaction and "whoa he actually got stabbed!" made it a rather good read.

I do think it's a great device for tension and drama but not something you'd really wish to happen.
It would probably feel a littel outta place here but I don't think I'd mind seeing it if only to give us that drama.
Seeing the girls actually worry about Rito over a genuine serious injury, would certainly be a interesting thing.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:35   Link #4072
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You know thats not something I'd really wish to happen upon most MC's even the annoying or dislikable ones but I do wish some series actually took this step.
Most of the time the MC is put in danger and seems like he's hurt but gets away unscathed cause of something getting in the way.
One such example would be Pajama no Kanojo, expect there it actually did go further than most other stories as the lad didn't escape unhurt(I'm not talking about the beating but the actual knife attack)
Which btw I'll add, I actually really liked that moment in Pajama no Kanojo, everything from the girls reaction and "whoa he actually got stabbed!" made it a rather good read.

I do think it's a great device for tension and drama but not something you'd really wish to happen.
It would probably feel a littel outta place here but I don't think I'd mind seeing it if only to give us that drama.
Seeing the girls actually worry about Rito over a genuine serious injury, would certainly be a interesting thing.
Oh God, don't remind me. I got so excited when he got stabbed, I thought that finally there's a shounen author with the guts to do it...and then...yea. Though the reaction is nice.

Yes, this is something even manga like TLR need.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:39   Link #4073
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Intense drama is importance but since this series focuses on the romance and fan service aspect of the story, it'll take a big step to reach the MC close to death development. I know it's good to take other directions in stories, but it has to be done well that's acceptable to the fans who read a specific story with recurring elements that fans are used too.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:41   Link #4074
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Intense drama is importance but since this series focused on the romance and fan service aspect of the story, it'll take a big step to to reach the MC close to death development. I know it's good to take other directions in stories, but it has to be done well that's acceptable to the fan who read a specific story with recurring elements that fans are used too.
1 chapter...1 chapter is all he needs to pull this off.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:44   Link #4075
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
1 chapter...1 chapter is all he needs to pull this off.
I agree, Yabuki-sensei has not failed to disappoint not even once and I'm sure he'll pull something off. I mean he did make Momo look scary for nothing!
Old 2012-06-03, 20:02   Link #4076
XFire
150% done

Quote:
You know what this show needs right?

Random girl stabs Rito for [insert deranged yandere reason here]. Mea is the only one present. Everyone else shows up, sees Mea covered in Rito's blood. Rito = Coma. The girls flip on Mea.

What? At least have Rito get stabbed and not as a joke. The guy has like 50 girls (and guys while genderbendered) after him and he doesn't get stabbed by one even once? What madness is this!?
......................shut up, yandere lover.

Quote:
Let's be honest, every battle this manga has seen has either turned comical/fanservice or there was never any threat at all. We've never seen (as you said) the girls react to Rito actually in a dangerous condition or getting hurt. I think that would do wonders for the manga, showing the side of the girls we've never seen.

Who knows, maybe Lala could snap, go berserk...or the opposite break down. Yami could show pure emotions (we've seen little of her showing pure and strong emotions really...). Momo and Nana, how would they react? What about Mikan? Would she go all Onii-chan! and make us all DDDD'AAAAAWWWWW!?

I'd love to see this...
(not because I want Rito to really get hurt, there's a ton of other MCs I'd like hurt before him...I just want to see that side of them)
If Lala snapped the planet would explode. The one time she got slightly annoyed she wasted a TYPHOON by yelling.

Not sure if Nana and Momo have the same level of power, but they do have large armies of extremely dangerous plants and animals.

Yami actually angry. Considering she seems to have a delimited version of Eve's powers, she can make pretty much anything, like swords, guns, 100-gigaton nukes...

And why does everyone want to see the cute characters get broken? That's just mean.

Quote:
Ah but would they get angry and go berserk?
Personally I think that if Rito REALLY got hurt, Lala would probably break down. The super happy and cheerful ones have the biggest tendency to go super depressed when very bad things happen.
Don't really have anything else to say, I'm just ragging on Randrak for wanting a Yandere. ick

Though the scenario could technically come about if the Master stabbed Rito in front of Mea, causing her to protect him. The others show up and Mea is holding Rito's comatose body.

NO YANDERE!!!!
Old 2012-06-03, 20:22   Link #4077
Freeter
beyond

Translation's out, scanlation should be coming soon.

Spoiler for 20:
Old 2012-06-03, 20:40   Link #4078
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I think its possible that Rito mentions something like are u sure this is what u really want. Because it seems like mea wants to do this for some reason but she doesnt know why and i guess is struggling between becoming like yami or the darkness plan. Somehow i'd bet the goon squad was controlled by nemesis to try to stop mea from becoming like yami
its funny i just read the translation and i wasnt far off its kinda funny actually
Old 2012-06-03, 21:05   Link #4079
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
......................shut up, yandere lover.

If Lala snapped the planet would explode. The one time she got slightly annoyed she wasted a TYPHOON by yelling.

Not sure if Nana and Momo have the same level of power, but they do have large armies of extremely dangerous plants and animals.

Yami actually angry. Considering she seems to have a delimited version of Eve's powers, she can make pretty much anything, like swords, guns, 100-gigaton nukes...

And why does everyone want to see the cute characters get broken? That's just mean.

Don't really have anything else to say, I'm just ragging on Randrak for wanting a Yandere. ick

Though the scenario could technically come about if the Master stabbed Rito in front of Mea, causing her to protect him. The others show up and Mea is holding Rito's comatose body.

NO YANDERE!!!!
While I am indeed a Yandere lover, I never said I wanted a yandere to join in.
I just want to see another side of the girls. I don't want to see the cute girls broken either, just to see their reaction to a bad situation...if they break a little then so be it but it will never be permanent (Even I don't want it to be permanent)

I believe some people misunderstand me when I bring up plot ideas that involve certain characters getting hurt and others becoming "broken". I like to see character's reactions that we are not used to seeing. In a light-hearted comedy manga, I like to see how the characters would react to a tragic event. In a very dramatic manga I like to see how characters react to light-hearted moments. In romances I like to see how couples would react to certain events involving their loved ones. In manga where a character is followed by misfortune, I want to see them react to lucky and happy situations. I'm simply curious as to how the authors would portray characters out of their usual elements.

I do wish the Master scenario would happen.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:33   Link #4080
XFire
150% done

Quote:
While I am indeed a Yandere lover, I never said I wanted a yandere to join in.
I just want to see another side of the girls. I don't want to see the cute girls broken either, just to see their reaction to a bad situation...if they break a little then so be it but it will never be permanent (Even I don't want it to be permanent)

I believe some people misunderstand me when I bring up plot ideas that involve certain characters getting hurt and others becoming "broken". I like to see character's reactions that we are not used to seeing. In a light-hearted comedy manga, I like to see how the characters would react to a tragic event. In a very dramatic manga I like to see how characters react to light-hearted moments. In romances I like to see how couples would react to certain events involving their loved ones. In manga where a character is followed by misfortune, I want to see them react to lucky and happy situations. I'm simply curious as to how the authors would portray characters out of their usual elements.

I do wish the Master scenario would happen.
Yeah, sorry. I kind of went overboard there.

One thing of note is that this series is doing something I consider very scary: teetering. Dumb name, yes, but it's the best word to describe what's going on. The series is getting very very close to crossing a line into very dark territory. Seriously, with how Mea is portrayed, the TLR-D could end up as some kind of murder horror show.

I know that is extremely unlikely, but every time the creepy little nutball flips her lid, someone almost dies. Plot and fanservice aren't the only things that got more intense in the sequel.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen