Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-08, 15:21   Link #8461
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailaora
What does the text says?
Something along the lines of "Congratulations on being the world's number one" - or something like that, like "congratulations on being the best in the world". Something like that anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala
One more romance comment...
Wrong. C.C. IS mentioned in the romance section, in fact she's mentioned first, before Kallen. Shirley is mentioned, too, talking about Turn 3. The paragraph mentions all three girls.
Well, alright, I'll let this one slide then . Anyway, it does say something: they're not bloody likely to give us a conclusion for the final pairing of the show this early. If they did (for whichever pairing), that would tick off the fans of the other pairings, so it'd be a rather stupid move to do at this stage.
Old 2008-05-08, 15:29   Link #8462
Bailaora
Very Black Knight

Send a message via ICQ to Bailaora
@DarkLordOfkichiku
Thank you.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:19   Link #8463
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
From my other post:

Can't read the others clearly...
sorry I couldnt find it with the chaotic 4 pages I missed in one night, thanks btw
Old 2008-05-08, 17:02   Link #8464
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Wrong. C.C. IS mentioned in the romance section, in fact she's mentioned first, before Kallen. Shirley is mentioned, too, talking about Turn 3. The paragraph mentions all three girls.
Any idea what it said in regards to her or Shirley? Since Koshimizu didn't mention anything I assume it was nothing important at all or anything for future indications if any at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, alright, I'll let this one slide then . Anyway, it does say something: they're not bloody likely to give us a conclusion for the final pairing of the show this early. If they did (for whichever pairing), that would tick off the fans of the other pairings, so it'd be a rather stupid move to do at this stage.
Who cares what the fans think in that regard. It's Taniguchi's show and he can do what he wants.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-08, 17:18   Link #8465
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Who cares what the fans think in that regard. It's Taniguchi's show and he can do what he wants.
Yeah, but it's Sunrise and other brands that are behind it and they might not entirely apprepicate it if they start to lose fans because one pairing suddenly comes true . Which is why such things is usually saved for until late in the show or to the very end even (That and it keeps the tension higher and such things)...
Old 2008-05-08, 18:12   Link #8466
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Any idea what it said in regards to her or Shirley? Since Koshimizu didn't mention anything I assume it was nothing important at all or anything for future indications if any at all.
It just basically lists her, no new information. It does virtually the same with Shirley, it's more or less a list of the competitors but only one of them has any actual info attached.

Quote:
Yeah, but it's Sunrise and other brands that are behind it and they might not entirely apprepicate it if they start to lose fans because one pairing suddenly comes true . Which is why such things is usually saved for until late in the show or to the very end even (That and it keeps the tension higher and such things)...
This show isn't about romance, as such, the only thing they'll lose over a pairing are shallow fools who don't take the story for what it is and try to turn it into what it is not, a cheap romance novel.
Old 2008-05-08, 19:31   Link #8467
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
This show isn't about romance, as such, the only thing they'll lose over a pairing are shallow fools who don't take the story for what it is and try to turn it into what it is not, a cheap romance novel.
Have you heard the saying "Pairings is serious business? . In nearly every fandom there's bound to be a large amount of fans who takes an interest in the possible pairings of the show, even if the theme of said show isn't even romance . I find it hard to imagien that this fact would be one missed by the creators .
Old 2008-05-08, 19:35   Link #8468
Var
Banned

Quote:
Have you heard the saying "Pairings is serious business? . In nearly every fandom there's bound to be a large amount of fans who takes an interest in the possible pairings of the show, even if the theme of said show isn't even romance . I find it hard to imagien that this fact would be one missed by the creators .
I didn't say it would be missed, but people who drop a show because a pairing doesn't happen are quite shallow.
Old 2008-05-08, 19:37   Link #8469
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I didn't say it would be missed, but people who drop a show because a pairing doesn't happen are quite shallow.
I agree.

Now, it seems we'll know more about the word once we go into the Chinese Federation...... I hope that the Federation is a very recent country.
Old 2008-05-08, 19:55   Link #8470
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I agree.

Now, it seems we'll know more about the word once we go into the Chinese Federation...... I hope that the Federation is a very recent country.
I agree that the romance discussion should stay in that thread, but when it concerns future spoilers about romance; people don't want spoilers in a section other than this one.

Damn, but as KallenXLelouch fan I'm looking forward to episode 7, and its not like I expect C.C. to go away either but in large part it depends on what happens between Kallen and Lelouch. If it's just a kiss then it can be shrugged off, hell he's kissed C.C. twice and Shirley once, but if it's more thats a different story.
Old 2008-05-08, 19:58   Link #8471
Southern Cross
Crux

What interests me a lot is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Spoiler for Turn 9:
Spoiler for Turn 9 speculation:
Old 2008-05-08, 20:22   Link #8472
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var
Heh, true enough. Well, for me it might be just a bit sour if "my" desired pairing doesn't come true, but it has never been something that made me drop a show....

Quote:
Dunno about "recent", but by the sound of it, the China as it is in the world of CG seems a lot similar to how China was in the beginning of the ROTK; the corrupt enuchs holding the true power of the country, a population that seems to be suffering from poverty and starvation and of course a number of people who wants to put the emperor (or rather empress) on the throne for real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
What interests me a lot is this:
Old 2008-05-08, 20:26   Link #8473
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

@Koshi - Didn't the OoBK in R1 was reasonably acceptive towards SAR? Sure, they want independence, but the Kyushu Government thing itself almost made some of them swagger just because it's apparently called "Japan." Not all of them (( in fact, I'd say very few )) are fighting to topple Britannia, they just want back their independence, or at least a decent compromise.

~~~

The romance thing could always be the other way round. I wrote back at GF that since Lelouch is the one emo-ing and all that in T7, it could be Kallen who instinctively goes on the offensive to 'give courage' instead of the other way round. Besides, it'd make more sense with Kallen's current character development, whom despite being relatively acceptive of Lelouch-Zero, is still being tsun-tsun with herself and Lelouch on the Zerouch thing.

Well, there's also the question of how would Lelouch be able to go to China. He's dealt with the Intelligence, but there's still Suzaku, Nunnally and his other regular friends who would notice if he's gone.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:28   Link #8474
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Dunno about "recent", but by the sound of it, the China as it is in the world of CG seems a lot similar to how China was in the beginning of the ROTK; the corrupt enuchs holding the true power of the country, a population that seems to be suffering from poverty and starvation and of course a number of people who wants to put the emperor (or rather empress) on the throne for real...
ROTK? What's that?

Also, we're not sure if the population are "suffering from poverty and starvation". Some people might use the "distribute wealth equally" part to mean communism, but I believe it's closer to a mixture of a Confucianism Utopia and Sun Yat-sen's beliefs.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:30   Link #8475
Jestersage

Quote:
ROTK? What's that?
Romance of Three Kingdoms, the fictionalize accounts of the three kingdom period of China; also what Dynasty Warriors (and Ikkeitousen) is based on.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:39   Link #8476
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, there's also the question of how would Lelouch be able to go to China. He's dealt with the Intelligence, but there's still Suzaku, Nunnally and his other regular friends who would notice if he's gone.
By then he might be Zero full time. Since he knows Nunnally's alive and pretty much set for the time being he doesn't have anything holding him back anymore. Wasn't it stated somewhere that he's leaving Ashford for good soon?
Old 2008-05-08, 20:40   Link #8477
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Romance of Three Kingdoms, the fictionalize accounts of the three kingdom period of China; also what Dynasty Warriors (and Ikkeitousen) is based on.
Ah, 三國演義.

Then it wouldn't make sense, given that RotK was an era where the generals ruled, not the eunuchs. The eunuchs mainly gained power during the Tang and Ming dynasties.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:42   Link #8478
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
@Koshi - Didn't the OoBK in R1 was reasonably acceptive towards SAR? Sure, they want independence, but the Kyushu Government thing itself almost made some of them swagger just because it's apparently called "Japan." Not all of them (( in fact, I'd say very few )) are fighting to topple Britannia, they just want back their independence, or at least a decent compromise.
Not anymore, the only thing a re announcement of the SAR is going to do now, is piss them off.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:48   Link #8479
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Ah, 三國演義.

Then it wouldn't make sense, given that RotK was an era where the generals ruled, not the eunuchs. The eunuchs mainly gained power during the Tang and Ming dynasties.
It was a bit before the three kingdoms began a ssuch, in the beginning of the story. quoted from Wikipedia. "The story begins in the last years of the Han Dynasty when incompetent eunuchs deceived the emperor and banished good officials. The government had become extremely corrupt on all levels, leading to widespread deterioration of the empire.". The eunuchs may not have "ruled2 the country as such, but they had a great dela of influence that affected thigns badly - it may well be the same in Code Geass's China...

Quote:
Also, we're not sure if the population are "suffering from poverty and starvation". Some people might use the "distribute wealth equally" part to mean communism, but I believe it's closer to a mixture of a Confucianism Utopia and Sun Yat-sen's beliefs. ]
You may be right. We shall see about it in a few episodes, I suppose
Old 2008-05-08, 20:58   Link #8480
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Not anymore, the only thing a re announcement of the SAR is going to do now, is piss them off.
I guess it depends. Will they be able to trust Nunnally this time around?

I mean Euphie was more than convincing enough, except how the you-know-what hit the fan after the little deus-ex machina of Lelouch's geass "malfunction."

I guess the re announcement coming from someone blind-and-disabled makes it somewhat more convincing, even after Euphie. It's not like Nunnally will actually be able to shoot someone from her wheelchair anyway. It would literally be a blindshot.

Although pushing the OotBK to the point of which they have no other choice but to accept the SAR in order to continue their existence might work. After all, I'm sure the Britannians would be "generous" enough to offer a sort of amnesty after the little trade-off between Euphie's "betrayal" and the Black Rebellion reaching its culmination as a result.

Who knows, really? I just hope things turn out okay for Lelouch and Nunnally in the end.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers