AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 12:49   Link #401
Velsy

For some reason non of the characters really interest me.

In Diablo 2, I was a huge fan of a spear welding amazon with support summon Valkyrie. Also really liked the Paladin and Sorceress with Chain Lightning and Telekineses.

But theres nothing really to look forward too. I've never played the Barbarian and dont intend too.

So I am somewhat dissapointed.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 14:13   Link #402
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I first played as a Necromancer, which was fun. Massive skeletal armies with a nice golem work wonders...especially after one discovered to wonders of Corpes Explosion at higher levels...or on the Cow Level where the bovine out class you a bit still. Then a Barbarian which was alright with jumping attacks and multi hit attacks. The Paladin was just awesome with Zeal and Thorns Aura with added Thorns on items with something that returned mana and health per strike. If some mob could actually hit me with my massive shield, they usually died from the Thorns. Then seven or whatever hits on a strike while regains all lost mana and probably a good bit of health was just really fun. I even used Thorns against Diablo himself. While I'd have to run around for all his magic attacks, I would dare for him to hit me, because it would take off a massive amount of his health each time he'd hit me.
Old 2010-02-19, 14:39   Link #403
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
My favorite D2-character was a Shockadin; fully skilled shock-aura and shock-resistance and that all-elements-resistance for synergy, oh and a few points in zeal of course. Most enemies died from your aura before even reaching you.
Old 2010-02-19, 15:02   Link #404
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
My favorite D2-character was a Shockadin; fully skilled shock-aura and shock-resistance and that all-elements-resistance for synergy, oh and a few points in zeal of course. Most enemies died from your aura before even reaching you.
Almost sounds like Gurren Lagaan. The sheer awesome of your presence kills everyone.

I'm interested in D3 but I've never played the prior games before ... I played the demo for the Diablo clone Torchlight though.
Old 2010-03-03, 21:28   Link #405
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Blizzard still keeping with gender :

http://kotaku.com/5484025/diablo-iii...-sexy-rock-god

Sexy male wizard
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 23:53   Link #406
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

haha sexy rock star wizard XD

im definaly making a male wizard to mess with female chars XD
Old 2010-03-04, 02:53   Link #407
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha wow these character designs . Go forth rock star! Diablo won't know what hit him.
Old 2010-03-04, 06:38   Link #408
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was looking forward for him to have a skill named "Hell The World".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 06:59   Link #409
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Haha wow these character designs . Go forth rock star! Diablo won't know what hit him.
Personally as far as the face is concerned, he remind me of the Asian art portrayals of those in the Three Kingdoms period. Essentially what Ancient Chinese wanted perfection to look like.
Old 2010-03-04, 07:00   Link #410
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I'm looking forward of seeing Diablo using facepalm when he sees all of these characters...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 20:50   Link #411
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Almost sounds like Gurren Lagaan. The sheer awesome of your presence kills everyone.

I'm interested in D3 but I've never played the prior games before ... I played the demo for the Diablo clone Torchlight though.
Torchlight was good, but it lacked the fun abilities and open areas that Diablo II had. It was probably closer to the original Diablo, but then it lacked the scary atmosphere... overall I enjoyed the Diablo games more than Torchlight. But who knows how Diablo III will turn out. Personally I'm afraid it'll be more like World of Diablo instead of Diablo III, but we'll see.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 22:03   Link #412
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So....can be get that Bard "Hero class" character class for Diablo III? We got the Mage rocker, just need the guitar player.....
Old 2010-03-04, 22:21   Link #413
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The only way you get the guitar player is if you play The Bard Tale. Simple. As. That.

Diablo 3 better not be a WoW crapshifting... Urghh, I loved 1 & 2, but I may very well stop playing if it's following the 'best' game of the Blizzard franchise.

It's unfortunate about the Necromancer not being a class this time around, as I could only imagine the expanded and more details undead you could revive.

Warlock seems fun, so i may very well play that for my first walkthrough, but I may be Barbarian, I was always a sucker for the melee attacks.

while being able to choose gender this time around is nice and all, have they cleared up on the female barbarians backstory yet? Or are they going to halfass it, and stick with it in the same fashion as the male barbarian? :/

I heard a rumor on another forum they are intending on making Tyrael the antagonist, possibly a fallen angel or epic good guy turned epic bad guy.

If Tyrael is the bad guy, all I have to say is this: Epic fail. Good fight maybe, but I loved Tyrael's presence in the game, especially in Lord of Destruction and during Pandemonium.

-sigh- Angel of Justice, almost romantic, don't you think? Then again, there is no justice, just self-righteousness.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:31   Link #414
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Jeez, everyone seems to be worried about Diablo turning into WoW.

Some mechanic are bound to migrate from WoW to Diablo because afterall, WoW took a number of aspect from Diablo 2 (skills and skill tree).

But other than that... what else could both game share? The stupidity destined to occur on both chatroom and most probably, the commercial success.

I really wonder at times what made people hate WoW that they think it's going to infect Diablo ? The subscription? The long hour raids? The comically humor and art style? Murlocs?
Old 2010-03-05, 14:19   Link #415
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

For then players never really liked it more then just "a good game" it was I think always the graphics and the slightly (all be well done) candy atmosphere; but I guess its somewhat to be expected when the lore is so well known. As for the rest is the fear they will make it casual/easy as I keep hearing is the trend now with WoW from what I'm hearing.
Old 2010-03-05, 20:54   Link #416
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Jeez, everyone seems to be worried about Diablo turning into WoW.

Some mechanic are bound to migrate from WoW to Diablo because afterall, WoW took a number of aspect from Diablo 2 (skills and skill tree).

But other than that... what else could both game share? The stupidity destined to occur on both chatroom and most probably, the commercial success.

I really wonder at times what made people hate WoW that they think it's going to infect Diablo ? The subscription? The long hour raids? The comically humor and art style? Murlocs?
Treadmill-style tiered item grinding, boss ability gimmicks, and the art style are things I personally wouldn't want to see brought over. They were also all very successful in WoW, so I'm afraid they would have a good chance of bringing them over to D3.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 02:37   Link #417
Xacual

No offense or anything but the D3 graphics look like updated Diablo 2 graphics, just like the starcraft 2 graphics look like updated starcraft 1 graphics. It's really annoying that people have to constantly be afraid that a game might carry over concepts from another game from the SAME company and instead just wait for actual info about the game.

Also maybe its just me but something like tiered sets would actually work in Diablo3 considering you know the fact that there were sets and bonuses and nobody complained about them in D2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 03:58   Link #418
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering the general linear nature of Diablo 1 and 2, I doubt there will be a tier system like for dungeon sets in WoW...it isn't practical to tell the story with groups running the same level over and over again to get the best gear. Most people I would think want to get through the level and move on if it follows the Diablo 2 method of story progression. Though I never got to the higher levels of difficulty in Diablo 2 (I was somewhere in Act II or III on the second level of difficulty), I don't imagine going again and again at the highest level of play since there would officially be no point to it since you beat the game.

The "hardcore" players of Diablo were those that would go though things and never die (because they only had one life...no rez). You have to be good or lucky for that kind of pressure, and risking repeated death just to get better gear doesn't should like a good plan if you only have one life. (unlike doing WoW heroics, Naxx, or whatever over and over again to get new stuff because you can die more than once and it is something to do since you can't beat the game.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2010-03-06 at 06:18.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 05:18   Link #419
Xacual

Well I guess my comparison to tiered sets was the fact that people on battle.net for Diablo2 would constantly do Mephisto runs, baal runs, etc just to get a certain piece of loot. Now say that certain bosses in an act dropped like a 3-4 piece set with the final piece being from the end boss, thats how I could see it easily being used in Diablo3.

Also I apologize for my remark, it just seems like a lot of people online have anti wow sentiments and use it as if the fact that blizz made WoW before D3 is somehow going to turn D3 into something the Diablo series never was.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:44   Link #420
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBorn View Post
Treadmill-style tiered item grinding, boss ability gimmicks, and the art style are things I personally wouldn't want to see brought over. They were also all very successful in WoW, so I'm afraid they would have a good chance of bringing them over to D3.
Art style is definitely not getting brought over from WoW as the demo have shown. At least in the general sense, big shoulder pad armor are in though if the concept art we saw is any indications. Unless you want to complain about it being too "bright".
Here's a link on one of the older interviews with Diablo 3 designer on the fan outcry
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...-turns-tables/

As for the gear issue, well nothing's been revealed so far how the loot mechanic is going to be like, so i guess some might have concern about it. If Diablo 3 was a subscription based game, then it's possible that top end gear would be outdated as subsequent contents are provided. If not, then it's likely Diablo 3 would retain the old system where the real hardcore means no rez. Your dream gear though would take a huge amount of bnet trading to complete.

Boss fight gimmick is definitely not going to be like WoW since Diablo 3 is meant for single and co-op play hack & slash. Every fight have to be soloable with scaling difficulty based on number of players present in a game. Plus dying in Diablo 3 during a boss fight doesnt wipe out your team.

It's key to remember that despite both games are done by the same company, WoW is still an MMORPG with a persistant world and Diablo 3 is a hack & slash RPG with multiplayer co-op. Very different games despite being RPG.

For me, i would be more concerned if they could further improve Diablo 3. There's been a fair share of diablo-clone out since diablo 2 (titan quest for one was pretty good) and despite not achieving the same success as Blizzard had, they all brought in new improvement to the genre. I do hope Blizzard would pick those up just as they did when they developed WoW instead of just looking at Diablo 2 and WoW as their source of inspiration.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler