AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 18:26   Link #61
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
i dont much of the history of Macross... Zentradi do they go all crazy if they dont get thier idol to sing?
Actually, it used to be that they go crazy when the idol sings. After all, the humans won against an armada approximately 4 million to 1, why? Because they had an idol

Now they go crazy when their idol don't sing.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-26, 19:12   Link #62
ReddyRedWolf

Is it just me or the 33rd fleet has sexual frustration issues?

Now I know sending a Meltran in such a group would result in sexual harassment complaints.

UN Spacy kept the segregation rules for the military.

Now something reacted to Ranka on Galia 4.

Which kinda reminded me when the Protoculture ruins of Lux reacted to Basara's singing.

Now the next ep is titled in Memory of Global.

I thought Global lived and died a quiet retirement, guess not.

Suppose Global went and looked for Megaroad-1 himself but got lost himself. (Damn space fold drives never work for him.)

The giant green thingy could be another type of Vajra.

If so then the first contact 19 years ago is not the first contact.

Global got into a knee deep trouble again.
Old 2008-06-26, 19:15   Link #63
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Iv'e got a MILLION questions!

Mind has been BLOWN. What the HELL is she doing there?
Old 2008-06-26, 19:51   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Iv'e got a MILLION questions!

Mind has been BLOWN. What the HELL is she doing there?
Watch the next ep In Memory of Global.

In my observation based on the preview it is not the SDF-1 but a mass production Macross.

Just when yoiu thought they abandoned the SDF design after converting the second unfinished one into the Megaroad-1.
Old 2008-06-26, 19:53   Link #65
Tak

It would appear the 33rd fleet personnel are named after famous peoples of the Mongol Empire.

The Quamzin clone, as revealed, is named after Temujin (or Genghis Khan).

While the Captain of the 33rd fleet is named after Ögedei, third-son of Genghis Khan, second Great Khan of the Mongol Empire.

Just a little something for you to digest on...

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Old 2008-06-26, 20:00   Link #66
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It would appear the 33rd fleet personnel are named after famous peoples of the Mongol Empire.

The Quamzin clone, as revealed, is named after Temujin (or Genghis Khan).

While the Captain of the 33rd fleet is named after Ögedei, third-son of Genghis Khan, second Great Khan of the Mongol Empire.

Just a little something for you to digest on...

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Yeah, I noticed that too. Although I wasn't too sure about Ögedei since it's transliterated into Ogotai. Too bad there were no Metrans so we didn't get a Sorghaghtani. She would have made an awesome Meltran btw.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:01   Link #67
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

lol, the Mongols make good(or bad) marines?
Old 2008-06-26, 20:04   Link #68
Aquifina

I don't really know what the heck happened, but I must say, that was a pretty fun episode. As absurd as it was to see Ranka defuse the fighting by singing, she was just sooooo... cute that I actually bought the scenario. And although I thought Ranka would be more assertive after her miscues in ep. 11, I didn't expect to see that assertiveness explode onto the stage the way it did. I actually thought this would be a straight fight ep. with almost no screen time for her.

Anyhow, although I certainly prefer RankaXAlto, I think it's way to early for anyone to declare victory. I'm sure Sheryl will be back, in the same I was sure Ranka would recover after the fiasco in ep. 11. We have way too much time left in the season for the triangle to be resolved.

What I'd also really like to see in the subs is the context behind Alto's flashback to his conversation with his older "brother" regarding his pops. I assume Alto made progress in coming to terms with his family situation.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:05   Link #69
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I rated episode 11 as a 7. I have to go with a rating of 5 for this episode after watching a RAW. Just wasn't impressed with these last two episodes compared to most of the older ones(9 also didn't get the best rating from me as you could not watch it, and miss nothing but that's not why these got low ratings). It had nothing to do with the Sheryl x Ranka x Alto aspect of the show. The whole episode seemed almost fillerish and silly.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:10   Link #70
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It had nothing to do with the Sheryl x Ranka x Alto aspect of the show. The whole episode seemed almost fillerish and silly.
I've always liked when Macross did a little something for its supporting characters. Certainly there was something more I wanted to know about Quran Quran. So I liked episode 9. True, it had little Alto & co. but hey, can't always let the boy shine. Gotta give his wingmen and wingwomen some credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. Although I wasn't too sure about Ögedei since it's transliterated into Ogotai. Too bad there were no Metrans so we didn't get a Sorghaghtani. She would have made an awesome Meltran btw.
Ogedei is also spelled Ogotai, or Oktay. Depending on which one you prefer

So its definitely the same person.

And if they had a Sorghaghtani, she'd be a giant idol singer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
lol, the Mongols make good(or bad) marines?
They did conquer most of the known world, from Korea all the way to the gates of Vienna (Austria) and nearly everything in between. You tell me

But, of course, if what you meant by marines as just sailors, well... thats really another story.

Welcome back to History 101...

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Old 2008-06-26, 20:13   Link #71
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I don't really know what the heck happened, but I must say, that was a pretty fun episode. As absurd as it was to see Ranka defuse the fighting by singing, she was just sooooo... cute that I actually bought the scenario. And although I thought Ranka would be more assertive after her miscues in ep. 11, I didn't expect to see that assertiveness explode onto the stage the way it did. I actually thought this would be a straight fight ep. with almost no screen time for her.

Anyhow, although I certainly prefer RankaXAlto, I think it's way to early for anyone to declare victory. I'm sure Sheryl will be back, in the same I was sure Ranka would recover after the fiasco in ep. 11. We have way too much time left in the season for the triangle to be resolved.

What I'd also really like to see in the subs is the context behind Alto's flashback to his conversation with his older "brother" regarding his pops. I assume Alto made progress in coming to terms with his family situation.
Temujin was telling Alto how battle is the life and the blood of Zentradi and they could not do anything else so Alto remembered back to when Yasaburo told him that he had the actor's blood. Alto says, "I don't give a damn about the actor's blood!" in response to his flashback.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:20   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf

Is it just me or the thing reacting underwater to Ranka's singing is reminicent of the Birdman?
Old 2008-06-26, 20:22   Link #73
Aquifina

Quote:
Temujin was telling Alto how battle is the life and the blood of Zentradi and they could not do anything else so Alto remembered back to when Yasaburo told him that he had the actor's blood. Alto says, "I don't give a damn about the actor's blood!" in response to his flashback.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 2008-06-26, 20:23   Link #74
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I've always liked when Macross did a little something for its supporting characters. Certainly there was something more I wanted to know about Quran Quran. So I liked episode 9. True, it had little Alto & co. but hey, can't always let the boy shine. Gotta give his wingmen and wingwomen some credit.
I'm more interested in Ozma and Lt. Glass' back story than Mickel and his sister to be honest. Most of the characters, as much as they fit the show, I don't really care too much about their back stories. That's just me though.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:26   Link #75
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm more interested in Ozma and Lt. Glass' back story than Mickel and his sister to be honest. Most of the characters, as much as they fit the show, I don't really care too much about their back stories. That's just me though.
I feel the same way. Plus, 25 or 26 episodes just seems like too short a run for a show to delve into side characters without shortchanging the main characters and the story.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:30   Link #76
Tak

Quote:
I feel the same way. Plus, 25 or 26 episodes just seems like too short a run for a show to delve into side characters without shortchanging the main characters and the story.
Although it has yet to be confirmed that M:F will run for 26 episodes, but never say never, Macross is notorious for its extensions

Regardless, I was not interested in Mikhail's sister. I liked Episode 9 mainly because it talked about Quran Quran as well. I am just wondering when those two will get it on. That and Ozma & Kathy's back story. I'd very much like to see them 'restored'

I am just worried though, as the production values of Macross is extremely high. Higher than anything I've seen lately. Besides, Episode 12 was friggin beautiful. Say what you will about the plot, but when Alto zoomed in and out through the base and up into the blue sky, the sights were something to behold.

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-06-26 at 20:43.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:33   Link #77
victoryred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Watch the next ep In Memory of Global.

In my observation based on the preview it is not the SDF-1 but a mass production Macross.

Just when yoiu thought they abandoned the SDF design after converting the second unfinished one into the Megaroad-1.
From what canon says, there was only 1 SDF class which was the Macross. If it is the Macross, (the big hint was the fact that Ai Oboete Imasu Ka was playing for the ending) then it also might have to do with the fact that there is a NUNS instead of UN Spacy. But we won't know until next week.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:33   Link #78
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Never say never, Macross is notorious for its extensions

I am just worried though, as the production values of Macross is extremely high. Higher than anything I've seen lately. Besides, Episode 12 was friggin beautiful. Say what you will about the plot, but when Alto zoomed in and out through the base and up into the blue sky, the sights were something to behold.

- Tak
Well, my secret desire is that they will see monstrous sales numbers for the first dvd/blu-ray and decide to give it a second season, but I don't have much hope that it'll happen.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:42   Link #79
Tak

Quote:
Well, my secret desire is that they will see monstrous sales numbers for the first dvd/blu-ray and decide to give it a second season, but I don't have much hope that it'll happen.
Forget second season, just have it end at episode 36! Wanna pay homage? Lets do eeeetttt all daaa weeeiiii!!

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Old 2008-06-26, 20:45   Link #80
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:

They did conquer most of the known world, from Korea all the way to the gates of Vienna (Austria) and nearly everything in between. You tell me

But, of course, if what you meant by marines as just sailors, well... thats really another story.

Welcome back to History 101...

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Nah, i was referring to the US marines. The first thing that came to my mind when seeing the subs of ep10 and the 33rd marine corp/fleet was "ahh crap it the marines......"
Closed Thread