AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 02:21   Link #41
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Koyuki's apron is a divine miracle.
Old 2006-10-02, 23:04   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I saw a trailer for this but I thought is was just a really bad acid trip till now, all I remember was a really overly happy song and smiling girls everywhere. I'll pass for sure, at least on the first run.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 16:49   Link #43
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

lol, a miracle indeed! Not only does it have infinite storage capabilities, it comes with water, electric, and gas service! Take that Doraemon! XD

I hope they will try to add in as much of Ibuki's storyline if possible, maybe even animating the final battle sequence that takes place in the treasure chamber. That scene was one of the most exciting magic battles in the game and ended very nicely with the heartwarming reunion~ *sniff* perfect for an anime adaption, imo.

Mah... as long as they don't use the harem ending (true path), I'm all happy~

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2006-10-15 at 12:23.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 03:47   Link #44
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

The first two are a little big.

Spoiler for a possible clue, although you have to look for it:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 03:56   Link #45
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Mwaaaaa,

Old 2006-10-05, 12:55   Link #46
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 14:05   Link #47
Spuffy
オウカ~

Nice first little episode. They followed the game storyline for the most with some minor changes. The interesting part was how the story was presented from Haruhi's view for the most parts, which worked out pretty good.
The Jun parts didn't make me disappointed. But I did miss Ibuki who only got a few brief shots. But she did look good. Now I'm just hoping Miru will use her more moe~ like voice for her.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:05   Link #48
ayyo

My thoughts :d

Seems like they're not going to do it the game way with the overall energy flowing out of people's ears and stuff but a slow pace for romance.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:37   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine

lol, a miracle indeed! Not only does it have infinite storage capabilities, it comes with water, electric, and gas service! Take that Doraemon! XD
lol that is soooo cute!! ^__^ would that actually be shown in the anime or just made up?
looks like ill get to see it tomorrowz cnt w8

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 17:37   Link #50
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Seems like they're not going to do it the game way with the overall energy flowing out of people's ears and stuff but a slow pace for romance.
I noticed that too. The pacing is slower than I expected despite the fast OP intro, but for me it's in a good way since it's refreshing break apart from the more randomly paced titles like Tsuyokisu and ZnT. The music is fits well with pacing too with it's light acoustic and piano composition, sadly though it is easily forgettable as it doesn't leave a strong impression (yet).

What bothered me the most is the long drawn out silences in BGM... While it's nice that they place BGM tracks on important scenes (Ibuki entrance scene was especially nice~) the silences in between combined with the rough dialogue really threw the pacing off. This reminds much of how Lamune was presented (which I am not really fond of...)

Such a sweet and carefree smile^^ *melts*

The animation is pretty rough in a few areas and the magic battle was a pretty sad sight to see. (ugh... CG magic >.>) However, the key character animation is much better than I expected though. I especially liked how Artland adapted the original character designs and added a "shoujo" feel to it. Artland's emphasis on athmosphere and perspective is easily seen as well. The saturated lighting in some of the scenes added a nice artistic touch.

Definately getting a shoujo vibe...

The next episode is going to cover the flower viewing event ^^ Maybe now we can finally see Koyuki's apron in action~ *wakuwaku* It will be very interesting if they play to follow the game script for that scene...

Another must watch on the list next to Yoakemaeyori and Kanon~~ (´∀`)ゞ
Old 2006-10-05, 18:03   Link #51
ayyo

Ah~, that was the word I was looking for, "shoujo". Defiantely the vibe it was giving off.

And yeah, haha, shame about the CG. Wish they could've made the cg blend in better with their art style, but then again, if I get a penny for everytime I said that line, I would be a millionaire.

I was actually looking forward (and still am) to seeing how they'll do stuff like

this

and this into anime form.
Old 2006-10-05, 18:17   Link #52
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
...The animation quality wasn't all that great, and the magical girl sequence got boring about two seconds into the first one. Most of the characters are fairly flat and I bet I can predit what will happen to almost all of them.

Soooo, I'm going to dro...keep watching the series for Jun. And only for Jun! Jun is awesome. I'd want Jun as a girlfriend. Kyaha~

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 18:42   Link #53
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Soooo, I'm going to dro...keep watching the series for Jun. And only for Jun! Jun is awesome. I'd want Jun as a girlfriend. Kyaha~
Re Jun:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-05, 18:56   Link #54
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I think they'll have a problem with Ibuki's magic since it's overly flashy and one sidedly powerful. Multiple magic circles? check. wide area effect? check. Huge explosions? check...

unnnn...suddenly, I just felt a burst of pity for the poor guys doing CG in this series ^^;;

Ibuki's magic. Yes, all the circles are independantly animated.

Haruhi using Soprano.

Imo, Hiragi's magic looks the coolest~ ´ω`) So much emotion!
Old 2006-10-05, 19:00   Link #55
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Re Jun:

Spoiler:
But you know, Jun:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-05, 19:38   Link #56
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Jun in certainly a scene stealer. I don't speak Japanese, but I could see why Jun's so popular.

How coy do we want to be about Jun's "secret"? It's revealed on the first page of this thread, and there's a massive hint on the second.

Spoiler for Jun:
Old 2006-10-05, 20:03   Link #57
ayyo

Jun's secret isn't a 'secret'. The game reveals Jun for what Jun is on the first few minutes and the anime revealed it halfway through the first episode.
Old 2006-10-05, 20:03   Link #58
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
I think they'll have a problem with Ibuki's magic since it's overly flashy and one sidedly powerful. Multiple magic circles? check. wide area effect? check. Huge explosions? check...

unnnn...suddenly, I just felt a burst of pity for the poor guys doing CG in this series ^^;;
If they kidnap those guys who did the magic in Nanoha and use them for manual labor (which they already should be used to anyway) Artland shouldn't have any problems getting it right.

...whishful thinking.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 20:22   Link #59
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Re Jun:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for I know, that's why I heart Jun:
That said, I shall start an episode-by-episode picture collection of Jun, in the fashion of a true fan in love.

I ♥ Jun - Part 1 (of 13)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-10-07 at 06:49.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 21:01   Link #60
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Jun's secret isn't a 'secret'. The game reveals Jun for what Jun is on the first few minutes and the anime revealed it halfway through the first episode.
Thanks. I heard Jun announced it quickly in the game. I suspected the same thing was true of the anime, but I couldn't say for sure.

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill