AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 14:03   Link #12641
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evy View Post
WHOA, anyone else notice 556 in there?
I'm pretty sure she's been in previous OPs as well.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:04   Link #12642
Veripma

Well, I'm pretty sure "she's" another trap. Especially if they are with Zepar and Furfur on the VN cover.

Also... Mayby this is that child that Natsuhi got from Rudolf and Asumu?

Battler's bro or sis?
Veripma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:06   Link #12643
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Heh... imagine if Jan-Poo was right and Shkanon and Erika-Doesn't-Exist were both true to accomodate another person. Not that this would be a good ending... so I'm pulling for 1998 character, one-of-the-other-16-people, or wholly meta/fake.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:06   Link #12644
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Doesn't the new "girl" seem a little transparent in this shot?
On second thought, some of the other meta-world characters seem to be transparent as well:

Gaap and Ronove are also see-through, but I couldn't get a good shot of them.

Maybe this means blondie is a meta-world character?
Old 2010-07-04, 14:08   Link #12645
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Well, this new character pretty much can't exist unless he/she is somebody else. So if he/she shows up and hangs out, that'd be a good time to be inherently suspicious.

However, it's really upping the ante either way with the one-winged eagle outfit.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:09   Link #12646
Kylon99

Why do all the important things happen when I'm asleep? 8)

I'm willing to bet that the new girl is the new heir after Ange and that she's from 1998. And she's interested in investigating the case.

I'm also thinking the new guy is called Van Dine/Wright as well and the both act as detectives as someone said.

I bet she will sweet and charming at first and the guy grumpy and obnoxious, but she'll actually be pretty cruel and he probably will be 'the good guy.' I wouldn't put it past Ryukishi to troll us like that. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:10   Link #12647
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well, this new character pretty much can't exist unless he/she is somebody else. So if he/she shows up and hangs out, that'd be a good time to be inherently suspicious.
Unless the pony theory was correct all along and Suit-Beatrice is just there to confuse us.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:12   Link #12648
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef

I love how this thread is suddenly bustling with theories and speculations (like it should be).

After watching the new OP again and again I've made a list of my speculations:

- Kuwadorian will feature more heavily in this episode.
- The new characters are implied to be inside Kuwadorian, or atleast linked to it (this is however only based on how they appeared right after the Kuwadorian shot, against what appears to be a window. Could be.)
- The female character is indeed female. I do not believe a lack of overly feminine features indicates that she is simply of the opposite sex.
- This female character is a member of the Ushiromiya family.
- The male character's strand of red hair makes me think of Ange and Battler. Perhaps he is indeed their father?
- Gohda will (finally) get his overdue screentime.
Gohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:12   Link #12649
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Why do all the important things happen when I'm asleep? 8)

I'm willing to bet that the new girl is the new heir after Ange and that she's from 1998. And she's interested in investigating the case.

I'm also thinking the new guy is called Van Dine/Wright as well and the both act as detectives as someone said.

I bet she will sweet and charming at first and the guy grumpy and obnoxious, but she'll actually be pretty cruel and he probably will be 'the good guy.' I wouldn't put it past Ryukishi to troll us like that. 8)
Hehe... You just read my mind, except for the last part I think that the guy is not going to be the 'good' one.
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:17   Link #12650
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

not to burst your bubble but that combat gohda pose is probably something the OP artists did, similar to what they did with Maria on EP5 opening.

I confirmed that the "Beatrice from behind" is a perfect match of Beatrice's normal portrait with just a little distortion that I could reproduce with my graphic program. The pipe has been erased for some reasons.

And then I tried to get what I could from the 7th portrait that shouldn't exist

Yeah it's almost all black, but that white part is most probably Beatrice's dress's sleeve. The problem is I can't figure out which images perfectly matches that

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2018-06-17 at 21:09.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:19   Link #12651
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko View Post
Hehe... You just read my mind, except for the last part I think that the guy is not going to be the 'good' one.
I'm just paranoid of Ryukishi trolls. 8)

Anyways, I figure she's probably from a branching Ushiromiya family that the others have made her into 'the new head' ala Kinzo... and she wants to investigate the deaths and what happened to him.

I believe she would appear to be sweet but would actually be rather craft and ruthless since they need someone to rebuild the family, essentially... again.

Oh and I'm guessing with the rose that will imply she shows up in the meta world as well as the real like most other characters.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:20   Link #12652
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
not to burst your bubble but that combat gohda pose is probably something the OP artists did, similar to what they did with Maria on EP5 opening.

I confirmed that the "Beatrice from behind" is a perfect match of Beatrice's normal portrait with just a little distortion that I could reproduce with my graphic program. The pipe has been erased for some reasons.

And then I tried to get what I could from the 7th portraits that shouldn't exist

Yeah it's almost all black, but that white part is most probably Beatrice's dress's sleeve. The problem is I can't figure out which images perfectly matches that
Couldn't it be this one:
Spoiler for portrait:

Even though I highly doubt it.
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:20   Link #12653
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef

Also interesting...when watching the OP I found these:
Spoiler for size:

The little pictures we got when Battler tackles a murder case show up out of this light in the centre, as well as several magic circles. Perhaps this implies we'll finally get some real answers as to how some murders were committed?

Then again, I might be barking up the wrong tree entirely, and those pictures oozing out of that light in the centre are just there to remind us of the several cases in Umineko, not because they'll be actually explained.
Gohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:24   Link #12654
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko View Post
Couldn't it be this one:
Spoiler for portrait:

Even though I highly doubt it.
that's one of the first things I checked but it doesn't really match ^^;

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:27   Link #12655
Kylon99

By the way, a few things to consider. Is the guy wearing a necklace shaped like a boat anchor?

Also.. if Dlanor is still around (yay!) who's the one keeping her around? Yes, Bernkastel wants her around but in-story, who controls them? Maybe it's the new girl...

Interesting to note: girl is red, guy is blue. So once again they fall under primary colors. 8)
Old 2010-07-04, 14:31   Link #12656
Kitsu
The unlucky one

....look at that new girl... look at her collar. It looks a lot like Kanon's doesn't it? The hair is too straight for Jessica (still looks a lot like her) I must say.
And that new guy... at first I thought he is the man from 19 years ago, then that he might be some kind of future detective or something. And then I thought that he might be related to Kanon (his portrait version had pretty dark hair)but somehow that doesn't feel very right.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:36   Link #12657
Lemon Ice

Wait... that anchor...!
Maybe it's... Kawabata's son!
And... Nanjo's granddaughter!
XD just kidding. (?)
Lemon Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:36   Link #12658
DgBarca

Hum...The OP is like :
- Beato is finnaly killed by Bern
- At the funeral, a single golden butterfly escape.
- The golden butterfly goes back to Kuwadorian
- Now you have a new character in Kuwadorian that may be Beato resurrected or true form.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:38   Link #12659
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I personally dislike Shkanon theories and I really dislike the possibility of it being true, but. :c

Spoiler for the new character:

...yeah my mind sucks right now this is probably just ridiculous on my part XD i've been looking at the thread all day and the speculations so. I would still like to think that the lady is Jessica in the future, even with the bust thing. With all the hints and all, and maybe the man Kanon in the future or the other Battler which could be Kanon, or that the lady is Asumu and turns out to be Jessica's real mother or something. D: Sorry, this probably doesn't make any sense. Probably just coincidences.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:39   Link #12660
Lady_Bernkastel

:YAY NEW CHARACTERS:
So the new girl has that eagle on her clothes...a new Ushiromiya family member?
and the guy [which btw looks really cool ;XD] might be um...Maria's father? though he looks somewhat strange to me, I don't know...the color of his hair and eyes...he might be a new magical being or something...