Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 11:48   Link #821
hollowinsideme
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, which is why she does not deserve to be called a bitch. She saw the entire student body turn into zombies and attack each other, saw her boyfriend get bitten, turn into a zombie, and then get his head smashed by her childhood friend who made her wait for nothing.
you need to rewatch that episode, you obviously missed her reason for dating HIS best friend.
hollowinsideme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:54   Link #822
Jarmel

Quote:
Yes, which is why she does not deserve to be called a bitch. She saw the entire student body turn into zombies and attack each other, saw her boyfriend get bitten, turn into a zombie, and then get his head smashed by her childhood friend who made her wait for nothing.
Word of advice, I wouldn't put too much effort in defending Rei as there will almost certainly be people still hating her at the end of the season.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:57   Link #823
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowinsideme View Post
you need to rewatch that episode, you obviously missed her reason for dating HIS best friend.
l think she's a bit of a bitch myself, but her reason for dating his friend is understandable. she got tired of waiting for takashi ....nothing bitchy there....more will be explained for her reason later on as well. her telling him that he hated his best friend because he was dating her was a bitchy remark.... but you must understand that her emotions are not stable.
from this episode and the manga l have read she is some what of a bitch but it's understandable she's dealing with a fucked up situation.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:58   Link #824
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Did I? I've have to watch it again then, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Word of advice, I wouldn't put too much effort in defending Rei as there will almost certainly be people still hating her at the end of the season.
Of course, that is the case in any series.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:01   Link #825
ars magna
-__-

Quote:
After reading the manga I got the impression that she's rather an opportunist bitch who is just sticking to him for protection (even if she wanted to make him jealous at the beginning).
ars magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:03   Link #826
Jarmel

Quote:
Of course, that is the case in any series.
By that I mean the Rei haters will probably by the largest group of anti[pick your female].
Old 2010-07-07, 12:13   Link #827
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As a friendly reminder: please do NOT mention -any- content of the manga, for sake of preventing people being spoiled, or having the wrong expectations.
That does not only relate to clear/tagged spoilers, but also expectations (chapter X or Y), because it might just give away the content of the related episode if one can connect the dot with the already aired episodes.

Regarding the possibility of a sub-forum, once again, it depends if the said series thread meet the criteria. By all means, please do not expect it to be possible by pulling a swarm of posts, that is really not the data we are basing on for such decision.

Anyway, I'm usually extremely picky about this kind of show, considering characters are what make you "care" about if they will survive or not.
In the case of HotD, it of course doesn't provide any revolution in the genre. That said, it certainly delivered quite well the psychotic trouble people would get through with that kind of mad outbreak.

The interactions between Rei, Takashi and Hisashi were pretty good (albeit Hisashi's doom was pretty predictable), and with the atrocious deaths of "Student A, Teacher X, etc", it added a good mood, fitting for a survival horror.
I actually find the romance turmoil interesting, since it isn't a mere "not admitting one's feelings" or "oblivious to death". With Hisashi's death, I hope the following episodes will portray properly Takashi and Rei's feelings and its logical progression.

However, no matter how I try, I really have trouble to swallow this fanservice, which is really intrusive for me. (For instance, when Rei was knocked down by a zombie in the stairs, I was more wondering how close the zombie was, instead of having a full 5 seconds on her white panties).
And no, I think it wasn't all necessary: they can deliver fanservice with pose and angle, instead of "breast jiggling / pantsu on your face". Surprisingly, after I checked the manga afterwards, the fanservice is vastly tame at the start compared to its anime counterpart (although later chapters certainly have the fanservice overpowering the mood).

I don't expect the fanservice to be toned down in the future, I just hope its presentation won't be similar to Episode 1.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:41   Link #828
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah can everyone please stop hinting at what Rei will be like later on, please. -__-'
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:46   Link #829
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Thanks klashikari for that post, hopefully people will be a little bit more mindful of what they say and do in this thread now.

<holy batman, that was spoiler>

Last edited by monir; 2010-07-07 at 14:19.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 14:24   Link #830
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Thanks klashikari for that post, hopefully people will be a little bit more mindful of what they say and do in this thread now.
Heh, you want to bet it won't work? I warned, some others warned, a moderator before Klashikari warned, and it still didn't stop people.

Quote:
No character in any anime has no people hating that character. So by your logic, no one should defend any character.

Quote:
By that I mean the Rei haters will probably by the largest group of anti[pick your female].
In all anime, nah, not possible.
In just this anime, probably. But as I don't see any point for hating her, I'd just be going ( -_-)Y~ for the most part.
Besides, just because a lot of people hating her doesn't mean you shouldn't defend her. It's like... what was it called... mmm... Peer Pressure? Mob Psychology? Whatever, so a lot of people is bullying this kid and the ones that are wrong are them... But since they are the majority, you give up all of your opinions and go with the flow/ignore the bullied kid... or something like that. Anyways, I don't see why you are telling people to not defend Rei just because more people will hate her than the other oh-so-perfect characters... unless you hate her too, which would make so much sense, terribly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-07-07 at 14:37.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:00   Link #831
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

OMG like 2 days ago they're still spoilers .

Well i don't hate Rei neither like her .

People are bashing her but try to understand her situation . Well , for Rei x Hishashi thing , we can also think that she could have made the first move on Takashi , .. oh well ...

I rewatched the episode , and i still LOL for the *Bitch Slap*

Can't wait for ep 2
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:00   Link #832
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't think Sakura from Naruto will ever be toppled from the largest hate group

Anyway, Rei will always sucks and those that don't know why will understand later.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:05   Link #833
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
However, no matter how I try, I really have trouble to swallow this fanservice, which is really intrusive for me. (For instance, when Rei was knocked down by a zombie in the stairs, I was more wondering how close the zombie was, instead of having a full 5 seconds on her white panties).
And no, I think it wasn't all necessary: they can deliver fanservice with pose and angle, instead of "breast jiggling / pantsu on your face". Surprisingly, after I checked the manga afterwards, the fanservice is vastly tame at the start compared to its anime counterpart (although later chapters certainly have the fanservice overpowering the mood).

I don't expect the fanservice to be toned down in the future, I just hope its presentation won't be similar to Episode 1.
I had trouble with the fanservice as well, it seemed they were going for any shot they could, I kinda laughed when the first of the two girls get hauled down the stairs and her underwear got more scene placement then the zombies eating her. Trust me I dont mind ecchi, heck I love Sekirei which actually has toned down fanservice compared to the manga (well more censored I guess) but it seemed the anime was pushing it to show any possible shot they could. I found it taking away from the storyline which I kinda liked though Rei screaming at Takashi for being jealous of a zombie made me want to smack her (also sad they killed off Miyano's character so early ) but I dont hate her as a character. She just watched her boyfriend have his head smashed in, that takes so getting used too.

The girl with the katana intrigues me so Ill be keeping an eye on this for a while.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:10   Link #834
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I had trouble with the fanservice as well, it seemed they were going for any shot they could, I kinda laughed when the first of the two girls get hauled down the stairs and her underwear got more scene placement then the zombies eating her. Trust me I dont mind ecchi, heck I love Sekirei which actually has toned down fanservice compared to the manga (well more censored I guess) but it seemed the anime was pushing it to show any possible shot they could. I found it taking away from the storyline which I kinda liked though Rei screaming at Takashi for being jealous of a zombie made me want to smack her (also sad they killed off Miyano's character so early ) but I dont hate her as a character. She just watched her boyfriend have his head smashed in, that takes so getting used too.

The girl with the katana intrigues me so Ill be keeping an eye on this for a while.
I started to ignore the fan service like, half way through. I realized it'd be a continuous thing so I tried to pay no attention to it since it usually annoys me a lot. But it annoys me more if it's added in out of no where, but here it seems to be a staple, so yeah. I hope they tone it down a little though. This is the first episode so they have to grab peoples attention after all.

Wanting to smack Rei is understandable, but she watched her boyfriend's head get smashed. I was surprised she made that comment about Takashi being glad that he's dead so soon. I certainly was thinking it. The end monologue was the juxtaposition between trading his friend's life for a hug with the girl her loved. I hope we get more of that.

And I think from this point forward, everyone should forget that there is a manga and never mention it ever again. The risk for spoilers is just too high.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:11   Link #835
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^yeah katana chick looks awesome and badass. I wonder if her voice will fit her.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:12   Link #836
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^yeah katana chick looks awesome and badass. I wonder if her voice will fit her.
Sawashiro Miyuki can do a badarse voice, so i don't see anything to worry about.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:13   Link #837
Qikz

I really can't wait to see what that tech guy can pull out gun wise, he used a nail gun in the preview! Looking forward to his character development and the samurai chick too.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:16   Link #838
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I really can't wait to see what that tech guy can pull out gun wise, he used a nail gun in the preview! Looking forward to his character development and the samurai chick too.
You'll see , if Madhouse will do their job well it'll be awesome
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:20   Link #839
Jarmel

I'm somewhat interested in the voice for the "samurai girl" as well and hopefully it's a good fit. For me the best type of VA is the ones that don't stand out as horrible aka Maka from SE and just fit into the character without me thinking about it.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:30   Link #840
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This is getting really tiresome ... do we really need to resort to banning people outright in order to cull down the constant stream of spoilers and hints about future developments ? I will remind one more time, Spoilers and hints about future events are not allowed in anime discussion threads. Even after several times of being asked to slow down, this thread has the highest influx of spoilers flung around compared to anything i have seen recently, so i will ask again: if you have manga knowledge, please restrain yourself from revealing it here. If you feel you absolutely must answer someone while exercising said knowledge, please take it to PMs, but please leave it out of this thread.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse