AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-11, 20:34   Link #21
BlueDo

They took out a few funny things from the original, but I'm fine with that.
-Harumi realizing that people might die while in a coma
-Uiharu lost her handcuff, so she can't choke the scientist

I like how the battle was modified, though the spidey-sense wasn't explained...
Interesting, she teleported a can behind Misaka.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:40   Link #22
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Misaka is really nimble .
I think its the only episode when Misaka is very scared .

Next Tentacle fanservice ? Will Uiharu show her skill ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:45   Link #23
McMilk
*Artist

Omg lol, the fetus is so random it's awesome. I nominate it as the most attractive and best villain of the year .
Old 2009-12-11, 20:50   Link #24
Fishfood1

now this is an awesome episode!

seriously this show satisfied me from many other bad shows i saw this week.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:59   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Misaka is really nimble .
I think its the only episode when Misaka is very scared .

Next Tentacle fanservice ? Will Uiharu show her skill ?
I think Touma did a good job scaring her. Not that the thing at the end of the episode wasn't getting a solid reaction.

Well anyways a pretty good fight and explains some more things. Still have to say Mikoto finally getting a direct electric shock through was pretty satisfying . Definitely doesn't have Touma's ability. Though unless he grabbed her arms before she attack that grab around the middle would probably work.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:07   Link #26
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Nice to see that this arc is reaching its climax. Can't wait to see the finale next week.

I love how they used that piece of music from To Aru Majutsu No Index during the flashback to Harumi as a teacher, and how this arc ties into the last 4 Episodes of To Aru Majutsu No Index.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 21:27   Link #27
zero7090

epic ep is epic.
10/10 with hottest villain
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 21:51   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A great episode, although the long flashback that took almost half the episode killed the momentum quite a bit. It didn't feel so long in the manga. And I wish the battle had been longer just like I do with the manga version. I guess JC Staff is pretty set on ending this arc by the end of episode 12.

And now we have an episode of Railgun to show Touma-whiners that exposition and "preachiness" aren't unique to him or his series, and that the major majority of action animes have it.

8/10
Old 2009-12-11, 22:10   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a really sad story. I can't blame her for wanting to save the kids. Its a shame her plan didn't work out though. She sure did lose that fight in a pathetic way though. I guess she never heard of double-tapping.

And why did we have to wait all this time for something really exciting to happen? Index wasted no time in getting there. Speaking of Index, I wouldn't have minded Touma coming to the rescue to see him duke it out with a multi-skill, although I knew it wasn't going to happen.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:20   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That was a really sad story. I can't blame her for wanting to save the kids. Its a shame her plan didn't work out though. She sure did lose that fight in a pathetic way though. I guess she never heard of double-tapping.

And why did we have to wait all this time for something really exciting to happen? Index wasted no time in getting there. Speaking of Index, I wouldn't have minded Touma coming to the rescue to see him duke it out with a multi-skill, although I knew it wasn't going to happen.
Certainly was a sad story to hear about. Though can't really condone using other people and putting others at risk for her own goals. After all doubt that Judgment guy that got blown up will buy a no harm done excuse . Making one thing that can wake them up later hardly clears her slate. Was pretty satisfied when she got shocked even knowing what happened. Either way she made the key mistake of messing with Mikoto's friends.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:20   Link #31
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
A great episode, although the long flashback that took almost half the episode killed the momentum quite a bit. It didn't feel so long in the manga. And I wish the battle had been longer just like I do with the manga version.

I think they intentionally did that so we could feel for those kids, which worked for me. Felt really sorry for them, even though I already grew an attachment with them since I already read the manga. This episode just strengthens it with all those Kiyama-student(s) moments.

Also, Its been a long time since I read the manga. I didn't really know where that fetus thing came from, so I guess it was from Kiyama's brain huh.

Quote:
That would be too convenient, a single touch from his right hand and everything is over. Where's the excitement in that? let Misaka have the spotlight XD
Old 2009-12-11, 22:32   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I think they intentionally did that so we could feel for those kids, which worked for me. Felt really sorry for them, even though I already grew an attachment with them since I already read the manga. This episode just strengthens it with all those Kiyama-student(s) moments.
Mmmmeh, if so they should have made the Kiyama fight longer and stretch it into episode 12 to balance it out. Sure we feel sorry for the kids, but you don't need half an episode to pull it off.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:41   Link #33
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Mmmmeh, if so they should have made the Kiyama fight longer and stretch it into episode 12 to balance it out. Sure we feel sorry for the kids, but you don't need half an episode to pull it off.
I agree with you about the fight, though. I also expected alonger one with more movement and skill spamming X_X. Hope the next fight is gonna do better
Old 2009-12-11, 22:53   Link #34
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Okay. We got one scientist, unarmed, with hands on head, no reason to believe she has any sort of power to fight back with. So isn't this slow approach by a large, heavily armed group... kinda disproportionate?

Talk to the hand.

..."Dual" means two. I do believe we've established that she has more than that.

That concludes today's Engrish lesson.

Lightsaber baseball: a cool idea on paper but rather difficult to implement...

Why hullo thar!

We gots TENTACLES, bitches!!
Old 2009-12-11, 23:29   Link #35
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
fetus got me off guard... i made me SHIMATTA!! WTF!! OMFG!! AIM MATERIALIZES AND GOIN KIK SOME ASS

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 00:26   Link #36
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, technical she isn't a mad scientist. lots of explanation of her motives this time around. and seeing what happened, i can't blame her for what she did. plus she basically handed the cure to Uiharu anyways, so eventually everything will be alright. I'm just interested in what that fetus thing is.
Actually, I was referring to the old bald guy (stereotypical mad scientist image?) that headed the experiment.
Old 2009-12-12, 00:46   Link #37
durack

The end of the episode was pricelesss.

OK...looks like they wrapped most of it up, wait, there's one episode left, what's next...OMG TEH EVIL FETUS!!!!
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 00:48   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Actually, I was referring to the old bald guy (stereotypical mad scientist image?) that headed the experiment.
Yet there was interesting about him. Very Interesting.....
Spoiler for The credits:
Old 2009-12-12, 01:22   Link #39
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Everything was going so well until that stupid monster at the end.

6/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 03:01   Link #40
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
oh. well, that makes more sense now.

anyways, I found the flashback hugely powerful, since she listed off how they were illogical, demanding, and all those other negative things, but because they were so irrational, Kiyama grew to like them. i basically knew what would happen, but i didn't expect the background and the portrayal of her connection with the students, so when i saw her standing there shaking, and the brain wave diagrams going crazy and eventually flatlining, i genuinely felt sad.

I can honestly say i support what she's doing and i hope she accomplishes what she's aiming to do.

and if Touma showed up and fought her, i probably would have punched my computer screen. not even kidding.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote