AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-12, 16:19   Link #1
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Looking for an angst/romance anime with rape

Yes, I'm looking for that.

I want an romance anime(Het or shoujo-ai, although I prefer shoujo-ai, het is okay) with a good amount of angst and (one of) the main char being the victim of rape. I want a good ending(Not like everybody dead or only a few alive) with romansu. I want very much angst(But to be even, it should have a good amount of romance too!), so give me some depressing anime with a sunbright good ending. :3

Oh, and it should absolutely not have any supernatural elements(NO Mahou Shoujo, NO superpower, NO aliens, NADA!), but things like war and crime is okay.

Yes, I have a weird list, but angsty rape is one of my guily pleasures. :3
Old 2011-08-13, 15:07   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

A rape occurs sometime in School Days, but otherwise I can't help you.
Old 2011-08-14, 19:03   Link #3
Corwin_r

Send a message via MSN to Corwin_r
How about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien? I'd say that's technically rape too, not to mention all the angst and drama.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:56   Link #4
Pebamama

by "angst" you mean horror?

To me it seems that its not a 13-year-old but a more troll-ish style.

On topic . i have never seen a rape anime and i can only help that you probably are looking for a weird hentai-ish style.
Old 2011-08-17, 14:19   Link #5
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Why am I not taken serious? I am 13... ;-;

And no, not really horror. :S

Any other reccomendations?

Last edited by Blazing CobaltX; 2011-08-17 at 16:26.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:27   Link #6
Seiryuu

I'm not too sure about anime that fit your description. But the first thing that comes to my mind for something serious involving rape is the manga Bitter Virgin.
Spoiler:

Of recent anime with rape or something close, I can think of Okami-san, Fractale, and MM!, but Fractale is sci-fi, and Okami-san and MM! are mostly comedy.

And sorry if people aren't taking you seriously. It's not entirely easy to come up with something containing that sort of mature material that one feels comfortable suggesting to a 13-year-old girl. You might look on the site TVTropes.com under the trope "rape as drama".

One item that may work is Future Diary, which is coming out soon. It has some supernatural elements in the background, with a group of people fighting using "diaries" that show entries that they will enter in the future, but every one of the characters is messed up, and some have pasts involving rape or worse. Please note I haven't read the manga, so I can only go by what I saw on Wikipedia.
Old 2011-08-18, 09:21   Link #7
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I'm not too sure about anime that fit your description. But the first thing that comes to my mind for something serious involving rape is the manga Bitter Virgin.
Spoiler:

Of recent anime with rape or something close, I can think of Okami-san, Fractale, and MM!, but Fractale is sci-fi, and Okami-san and MM! are mostly comedy.

And sorry if people aren't taking you seriously. It's not entirely easy to come up with something containing that sort of mature material that one feels comfortable suggesting to a 13-year-old girl. You might look on the site TVTropes.com under the trope "rape as drama".

One item that may work is Future Diary, which is coming out soon. It has some supernatural elements in the background, with a group of people fighting using "diaries" that show entries that they will enter in the future, but every one of the characters is messed up, and some have pasts involving rape or worse. Please note I haven't read the manga, so I can only go by what I saw on Wikipedia.
Oh, that one sounds interesting enough, I might try that. Thanks.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-19 at 02:38.
Old 2011-08-18, 14:24   Link #8
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
You won't find many rape animes to begin with. Perhaps more untranslated manga (perhaps fan-translated though), but your best bet is with hentai... Which probably isn't what you want though.. so yeah.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-19 at 02:38.
Old 2011-08-18, 14:37   Link #9
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
But really, you won't find many rape animes to begin with. Perhaps more untranslated manga (perhaps fan-translated though), but your best bet is with hentai... Which probably isn't what you want though.. so yeah.
This. Even disregarding the whole age thing (which doesn't bug me nearly as much as it appears to bug others, but hey), you won't find much rape content in things that are non-hentai. I'll second the manga recommendation of Bitter Virgin tentatively since I remember enjoying it, though it was a couple years ago that I read it and I'm not sure if that enjoyment still holds.

Couldn't begin to help you with anime though.
Old 2011-08-18, 16:27   Link #10
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

If there are not many anime without hentai with what I want, leave the rape out, as long as it's very angsty. :3

(/Whyamiinanangstymood?)
Old 2011-08-18, 17:56   Link #11
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Freezing this is an ok show.. and it might fit what you are looking for. Its a lot like Claymore only the Romance is more open. But I do not want to give away to much.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-08-18, 20:01   Link #12
james0246

While sci-fi in genre (and not necessarily romance), I'm surprised Now and Then, Here and There hasn't been mentioned yet.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-08-18 at 20:26.
Old 2011-08-19, 03:58   Link #13
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well If you're willing to check out manga there's Life

The angst level is over 9000 and the protagonist gets abused on a daily basis
I can see a bit of shoujo ai between 2 girls (yay to naked baths together under the moonlight)

Spoiler for manga:

It's also very graphic and explicit so you've been warned.

And for people wondering this thing is actually an award winning josei manga,not hentai.
Old 2011-08-19, 06:40   Link #14
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While sci-fi in genre (and not necessarily romance), I'm surprised Now and Then, Here and There hasn't been mentioned yet.
Nah, I don't want anything right now without much romance, but I may try it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well If you're willing to check out manga there's Life

The angst level is over 9000 and the protagonist gets abused on a daily basis
I can see a bit of shoujo ai between 2 girls (yay to naked baths together under the moonlight)

Spoiler for manga:

It's also very graphic and explicit so you've been warned.

And for people wondering this thing is actually an award winning josei manga,not hentai.
Well, I think I have to bear with the graphic, but I need something to read, so I might try.
Old 2011-08-20, 08:24   Link #15
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
Oh, that one sounds interesting enough, I might try that. Thanks.
Which one?

Perhaps you could explain a little better just what you mean by "angst"? It seems like some of us (self included) are a little unclear on just what to go for there. If you just mean trauma, worry and fear, then I'd again recommend Bitter Virgin. It doesn't go into the over-the-top sort of depression/frustration that some manga do, but rather shows more thoroughly the actual fears, anxieties, struggles and issues that the girl faces, as well as the guy who falls for her, and the girls who'd already fallen for him. Kusunoki Kei wrote this shortly after recovering from a miscarriage, and she seems to have gotten a good grasp on the different people's pains.

If by angst you're talking about "teen complex" stuff (see Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai's Kuroneko for example), I'm not sure I can help you. Sometimes that sort of thing goes too far and seems to just use rape as a reason to get the hero mad or further the plot, and don't deal well enough with it to really show how the characters would be effected.

BTW, some time ago I made a request that might be kind of similar, looking for "rape as trauma". You might find some stuff there. Be warned though that I'm over 18 and allowed hentai, given that it was done very seriously and the sexual content had a legitimate purpose and meaning. I asked for anything too mature to be marked though.

And as for the anime I mentioned...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-24, 18:45   Link #16
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
Which one?

Perhaps you could explain a little better just what you mean by "angst"? It seems like some of us (self included) are a little unclear on just what to go for there. If you just mean trauma, worry and fear, then I'd again recommend Bitter Virgin. It doesn't go into the over-the-top sort of depression/frustration that some manga do, but rather shows more thoroughly the actual fears, anxieties, struggles and issues that the girl faces, as well as the guy who falls for her, and the girls who'd already fallen for him. Kusunoki Kei wrote this shortly after recovering from a miscarriage, and she seems to have gotten a good grasp on the different people's pains.

If by angst you're talking about "teen complex" stuff (see Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai's Kuroneko for example), I'm not sure I can help you. Sometimes that sort of thing goes too far and seems to just use rape as a reason to get the hero mad or further the plot, and don't deal well enough with it to really show how the characters would be effected.

BTW, some time ago I made a request that might be kind of similar, looking for "rape as trauma". You might find some stuff there. Be warned though that I'm over 18 and allowed hentai, given that it was done very seriously and the sexual content had a legitimate purpose and meaning. I asked for anything too mature to be marked though.

And as for the anime I mentioned...
Spoiler:
I meant Bitter Virgin, and it indeed is a great manga.

Yes, I mean worry, fear, depression and some trauma. I'm not of that teen angst, so Bitter Virgin was indeed a good reccomendation.

And do the animes all have a good ending? Especially Okami-san, I'd really like to try that one.
Old 2011-08-25, 04:39   Link #17
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing CobaltX View Post
I meant Bitter Virgin, and it indeed is a great manga.

Yes, I mean worry, fear, depression and some trauma. I'm not of that teen angst, so Bitter Virgin was indeed a good reccomendation.

And do the animes all have a good ending? Especially Okami-san, I'd really like to try that one.
MM is a relatively good ending, but somewhat incomplete since it was an ongoing series; sadly, the author has left us, so the actual novels will never be fully completed. MM is best for the first few eps which deal mostly with Yuno Arashiko. After that things gradually start to turn a little silly.

Fractale has an ok, maybe a little bittersweet ending.
Spoiler:

Okami has a rather good end, but it leaves a bit of a cliffhanger, since this too is an ongoing novel series. It's a good end in my opinion, but it does seem to make it clear that there's going to be more to come.
Old 2011-08-25, 09:14   Link #18
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

Quote:
MM is a relatively good ending, but somewhat incomplete since it was an ongoing series; sadly, the author has left us, so the actual novels will never be fully completed. MM is best for the first few eps which deal mostly with Yuno Arashiko. After that things gradually start to turn a little silly.

Fractale has an ok, maybe a little bittersweet ending.
Spoiler:

Okami has a rather good end, but it leaves a bit of a cliffhanger, since this too is an ongoing novel series. It's a good end in my opinion, but it does seem to make it clear that there's going to be more to come.
So, Okami is complete but not yet? Chance of sequel?
Closed Thread