2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 04:20   Link #21
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Oh yeah, i fully agree, i was just pointing out that calling it a nokill policy when he does kill makes it .. you know it would be better to call it a Disable policy, and leave the Nokill policy to the Prince of understanding, Kio
This comment on Youtube pretty much sums it up - "Kio is useless ,fails to protect his teammates but aces in protecting vagan mobile suit".
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:30   Link #22
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Am I the only who think that Seric's death was just...stupid? He was killed off for the sack of it and nothing came out of it. At least with Woolf's death, Asemu learned to be himself and kicked some asses. Seric didn't achieve anything with his death. Hell, his death was horrible put together. He was alright and owned the weird drill bot's ass, and suddenly his MS hit a ship, smashed into halves and got stuck inside its engine? WTF? His death was so pointless and random that you thought the writers have to fill their generation mentor death quotas or something

Deen appears! Deen is disabled! Deen is death! Move on. Nothing to see here

Kio wants to protect everyone! Have you notice that everyone (especially your allies) around you are dying? Great job there!!!!

Zanald is one of the worst character ever. It is one thing you dislike someone on your force, but to actively sabotage your own forces' military effort? And also killing your own allies? What's the point?

At least I will have flashy battles to look forward to....I guess
Old 2012-09-09, 04:37   Link #23
galdr

Seric's death is meant to complete Natora's development. She finally mature enough to pull the trigger for the greater. I still prefer him to get out alive though.

Zanald is as bad as Djibril from Destiny lol

And Kio is still the worst Gundam protagonist ever.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:52   Link #24
Meltyred

Deen was so close to waking Kio up...
But Kio is too stupid to realise the fact that it was very unrealistic.
He won't kill anymore, despite being a murderer already, and piling up the death count in the end...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:56   Link #25
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Kio is the most self centered and egoistical of the Asunos. You are probably going what? He want everybody to live!
Indeed, I did think 'What' whenever I read that

But now that I've read your whole argument - wait, never mind, I'm still going 'what'
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:14   Link #26
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Point of comparison when Asunos are mad with grief.

Decil kills Yurin, Flit wrecks his mobile suit but can't kill a seven year old.

Decil kills Woolf, Asemu kills him.

Zanald kills Deen, Kio was about to kill him but spares him. Not out off mercy but more like "What have I done!". If he kills Zanald he becomes a murderer in his own eyes and also a hypocrite.

A lot of you won't agree with what I'm about to say.

Kio is the most self centered and egoistical of the Asunos. You are probably going what? He want everybody to live!

With Flit and Asemu they are doing what they do for the sake of others. Also they understand there are some people that can't be reasoned with.

Kio is doing what he is doing to satisfy his own ego. Placing in danger not only himself but his allies.

Hate to say this he is like Nekki Basara in Macross 7. Difference is Kio doesn't have the chops like Basara does.
And Kio doesnt control his mobile suit with his guitar. Other than that, you made a very valid point
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:58   Link #27
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Hmm even with lots of action this episode feels weak.

1. Seric, yeah what a cool way to die but my problem is kio didn't even notice that his cool commander died. tsk. Then his moment with Deen, probably the gayest moment in Age that I had seen.But It's emotional when Natora decided to fire the cannon and Flit's reaction also. No matter what madman Flit is, when it comes to his comrades he will always show (not really show actually) his emotions(?). The scene when Flit saluted in honor of seric , for me was the best part of this episode. And also the last line of seric " I guest I'll take a long vacation" was cool. IMO it even topped Woolf's last line. What a level headed way to die.
2. Age-Fx with the blue trans-am, giga drill maker or simply called FX-Burst was cool but I really didn't feel its power. The way it was shown was simply not epic. It's just that Kio just screamed a lot and didn't even show what I can call REAL skills/or x-rounder powers. It's just lacking. Which brings me to:
3. Kio has the lamest snap. Compared to Flit and Asemu, it's not really emotional. And his "snap" seems to highlight his machine than his actual piloting or x-rounder skills. Compared again to Flit and Asemu where they actually just used their machine to it's fullest potential but didn't actually used new abilities of their suits. Remember that Double bullet and Spallow debut showed the machines actual abilities. With Flit and Asemu's snap, they actually showed more emotion as well as x-rounder and piloting skills respectively and their reason for kicking ass and being enraged is more felt unlike kio. With the both of them I was like " yeah kill that bastard! Show him what you can do!" But with Kio it was, " meh, the age-fx looks cool with blue trans-am, nothing more" Kio really has the weakest snap. If i'll rank it, it would be Asemu, Flit then Kio respectively for the best rampage. I don't even want to include kio but I can't think of any other pilots who rampaged in the show. EDIT: I think Decil actually helped make the rampage of Flit and Asemu cool. Decils reaction on why he was losing was priceless. Too bad we didn't see what are his actions after losing to Asemu since he was blown to pieces

Overall I feel that this episode is weak. I just my opinion anyway.

However, I'm really looking forward for the next episode! Asemu vs Zeheart FINAL ROUND OH YEAH!

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:02   Link #28
casval cehack

Diva's captain seat must be really cursed..poor Captain Natora. For a moment I thought it was Murrue and Mwu's scene.

With the FX's fancy wings of light, Kio almost heeded Abis reminder...but alas. He finally DID protect someone though.

Perhaps Flit could borrow the FX for a while next episode and end the war ASAP, before Zeheart can launch another Eden speech. The Gransa seems to be carrying new hardware though.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:25   Link #29
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Diva's captain seat must be really cursed..poor Captain Natora. For a moment I thought it was Murrue and Mwu's scene.

With the FX's fancy wings of light, Kio almost heeded Abis reminder...but alas. He finally DID protect someone
cursed seat?now that I think of it, Grodek died in an unhonorable way, millias'(is the name right?) love intereset died. And now Natora pulled the trigger to deal a decisive blow to the vegans at the cost of seric's life. Yeah, it must really be cursed.

and oh, the irony that Kio did finally protect someone. But maybe, kio just returned the favor coz zanald "saved" him last episode. xD Kio is going backwards, his grandpa and dad started out weak and ended up so cool. Why did you have to start cool and end up annoying.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 12:29   Link #30
Principalities

Disappointed by AGE yet again.

First FX burst mode came out of no where, the explanation behind it is weak and now it turns out to be some kind of super robot mode (with no pseudo realistic downside unlike trans am). Very un-Gundam like. Also, the design and shared theme with 00 Quan(T) is just too much... And don't get me started on the magical blade bits that can't be shot down, form impenetrable barriers, etc...
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 14:04   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

RIP Seric. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

Captain Natora: You have my sympathy and respect.

Kio: Yeah he scared himself there. And I don't blame him. He needs to run off and smash that fortress ASAP though. That should be the fastest way to end the battle while minimizing casualties on both sides.

I disagree about how Kio sucks at protecting his allies though. I haven't seen him be directly or indirectly responsible for an ally's death. I mean, he wasn't even anywhere near Seric (on Seric's own orders, I might add).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 14:43   Link #32
quagmire

Good thing Kio didn't know that Natora intentionally fired at Seric to kill an enemy or he might have gone Full Burst on the Diva.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 14:48   Link #33
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
Seric's death is meant to complete Natora's development. She finally mature enough to pull the trigger for the greater. I still prefer him to get out alive though.
IMO it wasn't that great of an effect in that regards. I mean how much have we seen of Natora to begin with? Just showing her maturing as she goes along commanding the DIVA is more than enough.

Quote:
Zanald is as bad as Djibril from Destiny lol
Worst shooter ever. Then he makes an excuse that he was aiming at the enemy. I mean come on man, just go traitor on him.

Quote:
And Kio is still the worst Gundam protagonist ever.
Everyone's already said their thing but I'm a little disappointed in the AGE FX Burst. I mean with the FX Kio was able to disable Zanald within seconds.....so why the hell didn't he used it against Zeheart and Fram?

The way Kio was crying about it seemed to imply the system would kill indiscrminately.

And by letting Zanald live, that just means more people like Deen are going to die. Good going Kio.

And who is surprised by Shanalua? I thought she was forgotten but Kio goes on his stupid rant and somehow mixes her message with his "protect everyone" when she was simply teaching him to fight smart and to protect himself.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-09-09 at 15:07.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:09   Link #34
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Everyone's already said their thing but I'm a little disappointed in the AGE FX Burst. I mean with the FX Kio was able to disable Zanald within seconds.....so why the hell didn't he used it against Zeheart and Fram?

The way Kio was crying about it seemed to imply the system would kill indiscrminately.
It was stated that Full Burst decreases the precision of control the pilot has. So Kio wanting to be able to disable the Vagan machines didn't want to give up that precision.

Though we didn't see Kio struggling at disabling Zanald's machine......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:41   Link #35
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Seric's death was absolutely pointless, although he died in a "cool" way of sorts. Calmly accepting his fate and joking till the end.
Deen's was more of the same, an absolutely pointless death that had 0 emotional impact. The fact that the game spoiled everything doesn't even help at all, but I'm sure had Deen been properly developed, and his death handled in a different manner it could have actually been emotional, as opposed to the meh w/e feeling it leaves you with.
Things don't bode well for the remaining characters, dumb, pointless deaths galore.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:03   Link #36
monster

Okay, so Kio was able to use Burst Mode without consequence after all. Now that we've come to this, and as much as some people may not like it, I think it's best if Kio actually finished the next two episodes without directly killing anybody. Otherwise, it would just undermine everything that Kio's been through.

Fortunately for AGE, it has Flit and Asem to do any killing that needs to be done. Even Zeheart could be used to kill Zanald.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think there's enough to be emotional about regarding both of Seric and Deen's deaths.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:12   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I judge Deen's death more by what it means rather than the loss of the actual character. Deen was a normal human being with a strong desire which was unnecessarily wiped out by what could best be described as a maniac.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:30   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Hmm even with lots of action this episode feels weak.

1. Seric, yeah what a cool way to die but my problem is kio didn't even notice that his cool commander died. tsk. Then his moment with Deen, probably the gayest moment in Age that I had seen.But It's emotional when Natora decided to fire the cannon and Flit's reaction also. No matter what madman Flit is, when it comes to his comrades he will always show (not really show actually) his emotions(?). The scene when Flit saluted in honor of seric , for me was the best part of this episode. And also the last line of seric " I guest I'll take a long vacation" was cool. IMO it even topped Woolf's last line. What a level headed way to die.
2. Age-Fx with the blue trans-am, giga drill maker or simply called FX-Burst was cool but I really didn't feel its power. The way it was shown was simply not epic. It's just that Kio just screamed a lot and didn't even show what I can call REAL skills/or x-rounder powers. It's just lacking. Which brings me to:
3. Kio has the lamest snap. Compared to Flit and Asemu, it's not really emotional. And his "snap" seems to highlight his machine than his actual piloting or x-rounder skills. Compared again to Flit and Asemu where they actually just used their machine to it's fullest potential but didn't actually used new abilities of their suits. Remember that Double bullet and Spallow debut showed the machines actual abilities. With Flit and Asemu's snap, they actually showed more emotion as well as x-rounder and piloting skills respectively and their reason for kicking ass and being enraged is more felt unlike kio. With the both of them I was like " yeah kill that bastard! Show him what you can do!" But with Kio it was, " meh, the age-fx looks cool with blue trans-am, nothing more" Kio really has the weakest snap. If i'll rank it, it would be Asemu, Flit then Kio respectively for the best rampage. I don't even want to include kio but I can't think of any other pilots who rampaged in the show. EDIT: I think Decil actually helped make the rampage of Flit and Asemu cool. Decils reaction on why he was losing was priceless. Too bad we didn't see what are his actions after losing to Asemu since he was blown to pieces

Overall I feel that this episode is weak. I just my opinion anyway.

However, I'm really looking forward for the next episode! Asemu vs Zeheart FINAL ROUND OH YEAH!
Yeah, maybe Asemu should have just let Decil live so he could be the villain in this generation too. Everyone loves to hate that guy .

Have to agree that Kio snapping really didn't have much impact. Maybe it's also because both guys carried on well after they snapped on Decil. Flit went and ended the entire battle and Asemu at point overwhelming Zeheart in their fight.

Really do wish Flit would just kick Kio out of that unit and take it himself. At least it would actually be doing something out there...

I feel bad for Seric. He took death well, but the series of events that landed him in that situation was pretty pathetic. It's like they had to kill him somehow and this wasn't the worst idea they could come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
RIP Seric. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

Captain Natora: You have my sympathy and respect.

Kio: Yeah he scared himself there. And I don't blame him. He needs to run off and smash that fortress ASAP though. That should be the fastest way to end the battle while minimizing casualties on both sides.

I disagree about how Kio sucks at protecting his allies though. I haven't seen him be directly or indirectly responsible for an ally's death. I mean, he wasn't even anywhere near Seric (on Seric's own orders, I might add).
If you want to go with indirectly responsible then go ahead and use Seric's death. If Seric believed Kio was capable of handling the situation he could have left it to him. But since Kio can only handle disabling grunts he had to send him off and take care of the situation himself. Kio can talk it up all he wants but the only person he saved in this entire episode was Zanald!
Old 2012-09-09, 16:36   Link #39
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Kio was about to Shining Finger finisher and wusses out at the last second. What a freakin' wimp.

Where is Flit?

Kio... why do you hold back? Deen just got killed and the guy who killed him is a war criminal and total monster.

Did Seric bail out at the last moment? The head popped off his mech. Did it pop or did it pop off?

Did he get the Patrick Colasour death? Patrick appeared to have "died" a few times in 00?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:41   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kio was about to Shining Finger finisher and wusses out at the last second. What a freakin' wimp.

Where is Flit?

Kio... why do you hold back? Deen just got killed and the guy who killed him is a war criminal and total monster.

Did Seric bail out at the last moment? The head popped off his mech. Did it pop or did it pop off?

Did he get the Patrick Colasour death? Patrick appeared to have "died" a few times in 00?
Well unless the Clanche has a different make from the other Federation suits the cockpit should be in the chest right? Ironic that if he was piloting a Vagan unit the head popping off might have actually saved him. I did find it odd though when that happened.

Tags
weekly episode discussion